Drunken Angry Ramblings

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Look, I have no problem working x-mas eve by any means. I'm not religious, so I like to work on that day. Last year I worked at the comic store on x-mas eve. This year, the college is closed, so I once again brave the comic store on another eve of destruction. However, tomorrow is new comic day. Really? I know quite a few comic stores not open tomorrow. In fact, we're only open 4 hours tomorrow. Are new comics so important you put off your family traditions and get togethers? I should talk, I'm ditching my family to sell the books.

The funny thing is Diamond... The shipping company. Next week, books will be delayed until Friday. Normally, during a holiday, books are delayed one day, that is expected; two days though? I don't get it. I'm done writing.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By danhimself

i don't really have a problem with working x-mas eve since my family usually doesn't do anything that day anyway....i was wondering why diamond didn't do a delay this week....but why are they delaying next week's books for 2 days that's retarded there shouldn't be a delay at all...it's new years eve nothing happens on that day until the evening anyway and alot of business are still open during the day

dmstarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 357

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By dmstarz

Good call, inferiorego.  I'm surprised the companies stress themselves out trying to get all these books out at this time of year.  Trying to pick up comics over the holiday period in Ireland last year was a nightmare.  I'll probably not call into the score until after New Year now.

amberlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By amberlove

I can see how this is the generally accepted way of celebrating the holidays here in the US - we love our days off, but as you said, not everyone celebrates Christmas. The reason Diamond is having  a two day delay is because there's Christmas and then one week later, New Year's. And to be fair though I blame Diamond for a lot, sometimes it's UPS that is the cause for delays.

Christmas Day I'll be at the movies with my husband watching The Spirit. Is that a traditional American Christmas? No but it's the way things worked out this year. Both myself and my father-in-law work in retail so we have to compromise on when we can get together and that means this year, it won't be on Christmas Day. In fact my parents had to travel to see my brother and his family this year so we did our celebrations with them on Yule.

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Hawk

I'm working for about 5 hours today......I will laugh at all the people who call today and say they didn't get their stuff......If you call the day before Christmas....there is nothing I can do!

Have fun working......I'm sure ya'll won't be busy today

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
I dont work on Christmas Eve... I never have actually
Hardartist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points