User Lists: 0

Who the heck is Drake Bell?

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@dum529001: I said "studies suggest" but you are acting as if every biological male is stronger than every biological female. That isn't true. The majority might be, but does that mean the females that are stronger than some males are males themselves since they demonstrate strength?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@cable_extreme: There is no such thing as a "transition", at least not what you're thinking. I already made the point with the watermelon.

@teerack:Read this topic, this is the media purposely misinterpreting a comment and claiming it to be this and that.

No one is worshiping a celebrity. Hell from what it seems, know one knows him. So stop that.

Maybe you don't understand what celebrity worship means. Let me ask you this, in who else's life is Drake Bell's personal feelings about transpeople relevant other then his own? (The answer is no one) Caring and obsessing over things like this is celebrity worship. Every single article you find in a tabloid about a celebrity is part of celebrity worship.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By King_Saturn

@cable_extreme said:

@king_saturn: it isn't attacking her, but it is showing a bias/prejudice by disrespecting her transition. As well as intolerance.

I don't think it's blatant disrespect of Caitlyn or even her transition... the text does not elaborate enough for me to believe it is... especially considering what Caitlyn had done in her past life as Bruce... that leaves room for reason to believe he was more thinking about what Caitlyn had done as a man than just trying to be disrespectful... Same goes for Intolerance... dude didn't say he never would respect her as Caitlyn... so it's hard to call it Intolerance too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531e53b02be
deactivated-5c531e53b02be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he can say what ever he wants.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@unrelenting: and his words can be called out by anyone who wants to.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You leave that man alone, he is a saint! -Goes into Drake and Josh nostalgia-

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By dum529001

@cable_extreme said:

@dum529001: I said "studies suggest" but you are acting as if every biological male is stronger than every biological female. That isn't true. The majority might be, but does that mean the females that are stronger than some males are males themselves since they demonstrate strength?

I never said every human male is stronger than every female. I said that between people of the exact same genetics, the one who is male will be stronger and not the female.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: I am seeing this differently than you. I understand your position that he sees her as a male since she was so accomplished before she transitioned.

But in spite of knowing that, if this person achieved so much, and you were respecting them as he claimed he was doing (sort of), it isn't as disrespectful to not acknowledge thier gender, but what he was doing is he said he is going to KEEP calling her Bruce. And this was in response to her transition. That seems disrespectful and intolerant of her.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531e53b02be
deactivated-5c531e53b02be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: Yea i agree he has his right to say this, and they have there right to say that.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@cable_extreme:

by biology standards he isn't a woman.

And gender being solely a social constructs is bs. Hell it's still being used to Identify as sex.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: it depends. This is due to testosterone, if a woman transitions into a male, and receives testosterone injections, then your argument would claim that the person is now a male since they are stronger and received the same amount of testosterone or even more than biological males.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The backlash of this was hilarious

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@heatblaze123: I gave you the definition of gender, it deals with masculinity and femininity, not sexual or biological features.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By dum529001

@cable_extreme said:

@dum529001: it depends. This is due to testosterone, if a woman transitions into a male, and receives testosterone injections, then your argument would claim that the person is now a male since they are stronger and received the same amount of testosterone or even more than biological males.

Males produce more testosterone naturally and women do not. Being on more hormones than what you're body is naturally supposed to produce does not make you a man.

No Caption Provided

MyNameIsWill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

@heatblaze123: It's not like he's done anything significant since then.

He voices Spider-Man in Ultimate Spider-Man for Disney XD. Significant.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Double standards

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: so, what if a male has trouble producing testosterone, does that make em female?

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By dum529001

@cable_extreme said:

@dum529001: so, what if a male has trouble producing testosterone, does that make em female?

No, it just means they are unhealthy in some way. Hormones production goes with health. So does pretty much everything when it comes to health.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
@heatblaze123 said:

@cable_extreme: There is no such thing as a "transition", at least not what you're thinking. I already made the point with the watermelon.

@teerack:Read this topic, this is the media purposely misinterpreting a comment and claiming it to be this and that.

No one is worshiping a celebrity. Hell from what it seems, know one knows him. So stop that.

Maybe you don't understand what celebrity worship means. Let me ask you this, in who else's life is Drake Bell's personal feelings about transpeople relevant other then his own? (The answer is no one) Caring and obsessing over things like this is celebrity worship. Every single article you find in a tabloid about a celebrity is part of celebrity worship.

How often do I bring this up to even call it an obsession? Anyway read the comments and topic and stop with this "celebrity worship" BS

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Heatblaze

Who the heck is Drake Bell?

you see this? >www.google.ca

Use it.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: I am seeing this differently than you. I understand your position that he sees her as a male since she was so accomplished before she transitioned.

But in spite of knowing that, if this person achieved so much, and you were respecting them as he claimed he was doing (sort of), it isn't as disrespectful to not acknowledge thier gender, but what he was doing is he said he is going to KEEP calling her Bruce. And this was in response to her transition. That seems disrespectful and intolerant of her.

Well that's the thing... I don't know if the text was to mean he was always gonna call her Bruce and never respect Caitlyn... it seemed one of those spur of the moment situations where things are still fresh about Caitlyn and who we knew her as.

IDK... I am tired of talking about it honestly.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: that just kinda destroys your whole argument. You said since biological males produce more testosterone, and they are stronger, they are males (gender-wise). But in a case where a male doesn't produce a lot of testosterone, they are somehow still male. Well that works two ways, since women transitioning into males would fall under that catagory, and you demonstrated that males do not need testosterone to be considered male.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: I understand, we are arguing over a very vague statement and spewing hypotheticals all over the place.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: It's not intolerant or disrespectful simply because you think it is.

1. For it to actually be disrespectful.. you would have to know Bruce's opinion on it. Sure it's easy to call something for how YOU think it is.. but the opinion of the target is what really matters.

2. Drake isn't against the transformation.. from what I saw, that was never the case with his comment. Therefore it isn't intolerant. His reasoning is all Nostalgia related.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By dum529001

@cable_extreme said:

@dum529001: that just kinda destroys your whole argument. You said since biological males produce more testosterone, and they are stronger, they are males (gender-wise). But in a case where a male doesn't produce a lot of testosterone, they are somehow still male. Well that works two ways, since women transitioning into males would fall under that catagory, and you demonstrated that males do not need testosterone to be considered male.

A beat up machine does not produce as it would when its in top condition. Women go through menopause because of this.

Just because of machine is beat up does not change what that machine is made to do.

Chopping off my arm doesn't mean I am no longer human does it??? My human genes which produce all the protein structure are still there but I've been damaged.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You have an actual copy of Caitlyn Jenner's actual karyotype test?

I think anybody using a smidge of common sense can probably figure it out without one. You should go pick some up.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: you initially said men are men due to testosterone, and higher physical strength.

You also said that men who do not produce testosterone are still male. Well then you have to deny your initial premise.

Women transitioning to male are in the same boat as a (biological) male who doesn't produce testosterone on his own in accordance your theory.

And the machine relation is kind of inaccurate in the sense that two machines who do the same thing whether altered or not produce the same outcome.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7: it is disrespectful to the transgender community. Imagine if I said something racist on national television, but the guy I said it to wasn't offended, it would still be highly offensive to people.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By DBVSE7

@cable_extreme: You're REALLY going to compare a racist slur being used out of ignorance.. to a guy calling a transgender by the previous name out of nostalgia.. something completely harmless.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW..

This is about the name of someone specific.. not a word that can be used as a generalization.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By dum529001

@cable_extreme said:

@dum529001: you initially said men are men due to testosterone, and higher physical strength.

You also said that men who do not produce testosterone are still male. Well then you have to deny your initial premise.

Women transitioning to male are in the same boat as a (biological) male who doesn't produce testosterone on his own in accordance your theory.

And the machine relation is kind of inaccurate in the sense that two machines who do the same thing whether altered or not produce the same outcome.

The the fact that human beings breakdown and decay does not change what they were or would be in their peak conditions.

Males and Females do not do the same thing when its comes to hormones such as testosterone and estrogen. A woman will produce around ten times less than a male of her genetic equal. Stop trying to act like they are the same.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe.. he really thinks that calling someone a n*gger, a ch*nk, a sp*c, or even a cracker for that matter is that same as calling "her" Bruce.

LMAO.. FOH.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You also have to take in Gender Chromosomes

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By dum529001
@dbvse7 said:

I can't believe.. he really thinks that calling someone a n*gger, a ch*nk, a sp*c, or even a cracker for that matter is that same as calling "her" Bruce.

LMAO.. FOH.

Believe it. People are more accepting of something that is naturally good, which is "blackness", than something that is naturally bad and illogical, which is the self-mutilation and hormone imbalance known as "transgender".

Basically, to a lot of people, anything is better than making an effort to accept or least treat black people with fairness.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@risingbean: I think anyone with a smidge of scientific understanding on chromosomes should understand that you can't just assume what chromosomes a person have unless you actually see their karyotype test because chromosomes are actually something that is very complex and not some binary of XX and XY.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I figured this was about Caitlyn, formerly known as Bruce.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7: I was pointing out the hypocracy of your point. You said it isn't offensive unless I know whether or not the "victim" takes offense to it. I proved you wrong with the racism example on how something can be offensive without the "victim" being offended.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatblaze123: provide me a definition then that gender is categorized by someone's sexual organs/chromosomes. That would be the definition of sex, not gender.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7: @dum529001: never mentioned black people, and never compared the two by saying it is as bad as racism. I used the example to show why saying the recipient of something determines if something is offensive or not is wrong. If someone fails to call someone with a PHD a Dr. That is disrespectful, and other doctors could take offense to it. The same in this case.

Not sure how it turned into a discussion about black people

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By dum529001

@cable_extreme said:

@dbvse7: @dum529001: never mentioned black people, and never compared the two by saying it is as bad as racism. I used the example to show why saying the recipient of something determines if something is offensive or not is wrong. If someone fails to call someone with a PHD a Dr. That is disrespectful, and other doctors could take offense to it. The same in this case.

Not sure how it turned into a discussion about black people

You're saying you didn't compare transgender to racism like they were the same?? Nice try.

A word that refers to centuries of systematic oppression is as bad as being called a name that doesn't agree with your own illogical view of your own body?? Yeah....right.

No one calls someone by their professional title ALL the time. And not calling someone who is a doctor by their professional title all the time is not the same as mocking the hardships of black people under the system of white supremacy.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By DBVSE7

@cable_extreme: I never said it it is or isn't offensive IN GENERAL.. I'm talking about how a specific person takes a comment directly.

You implying that it's the same is offensive to ME.. it may not be towards someone else because everyone doesn't have the same opinion. YOU or anyone else cannot speak for Bruce. This is not about a community.. it's about a comment directed towards one person.

It's different because if you're a racist.. whatever word you use against one person.. you still feel the same about the rest. In this case..Calling one black person a n*gger cause you're a racist is no different than calling ever black person a n*gger.

That's not the same as offending a WHOLE community for calling someone by their original birth name.. offending a whole community because of that doesn't even make sense. It's just attention seeking

Avatar image for amazingspiderdan
AmazingSpiderDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My God, so every time someone jokes about anything nowadays they have to be some kind of "Phobic"??

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: first off, I never said black people, now I think you are trolling me. Quote me where I said both cases are the same morally. You butted into a conversation where you do not know the context, and it is clear.

@dbvse7: I just told you I never said they were the same, I brought similar example to show you why it doesn't matter whether or not the victim is offended by something. I never said this case is the same morally as being racist. I also left the race "undefined".

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers