#1 Posted by danhimself (22682 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm lazy so here's the article from here

Even though here in the United States, Dragonball Evolution was a massive flop hated by everyone but the most self-loathing of Dragonball fans… it’s getting a sequel. James Marsters, who played the villain Lord Piccolo in the first film, confirmed the rumors in an interview with a fansite. Marsters says that after his upcoming concert tour, “we’ll start shooting the second Dragonball movie. I’ve just heard that I can actually tell that there is going to be a sequel.”

Even the Dragonball fan community seems less than enthused by this announcement. The question everyone seems to be asking is: “Why god why?!”. Here’s why:

Dragonball Evolution made only a miserable $9 million dollars, total, domestically. Unfortunately it seems international audiences are a little less savvy than American crowds. Overseas this bright and shining turd made $45 million. In particular it was big in both Japan and China. Meanwhile Fox spent almost no money at all advertising it and the cast was comprised mainly of genre television castoffs, so it’s not like they spent anything on salaries. There’s a chance that it may actually have made a profit and of course Fox assumes that if people in China watched this shit the first time there’s every reason to think they’ll happily watch more of it. It’s Asia that’s to blame for this sequel tragedy so here’s my suggestion: Keep it out of America. No one wants it, it wastes space in our movie theaters and seeing the Dragonball Evolution name followed by a number 2 on our marquees would only be a depressing reminder that it’s now China’s mental midgets, not ours, who control which shitty movies Hollywood will make. Make it if you must, but don’t bother releasing it here. Dragonball is Asia’s Larry the Cable Guy and we already have our own Larry the Cable guy. We don’t need someone else’s.

#2 Posted by The_Tree (7863 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL. That article's from 2009.

#3 Edited by danhimself (22682 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

lmao just goes to show that I don't pay attention to anything

edit: I'm highly relieved now

#4 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20425 posts) - - Show Bio

XD 2009.

Aren't we glad this never happened?

#5 Edited by Z3RO180 (6669 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

XD 2009.

Aren't we glad this never happened?

The first was quite possibly one of the worst movies ever made.

#7 Edited by DEGRAAF (7904 posts) - - Show Bio

I would honestly like to see a remake but with some money behind it, larger dragon balls and you need the whole cast and crew and to tell the story almost fight for fight i think until you get Goku more well known to the masses.

If they did the Braddock arc of the Dragonball Z series it would be similar to what Man of Steel just did but with less media attention. I think one of the big problems with turning the show into a movie is that they always fly off to the middle of no where and movie goers like to watch things get blown up and destroyed.

#8 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

.... No....No.....NO.....NO

Oh...2009...OK.

#9 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@degraaf said:

I would honestly like to see a remake but with some money behind it, larger dragon balls and you need the whole cast and crew and to tell the story almost fight for fight i think until you get Goku more well known to the masses.

The size of the dragon balls was the least of the movie's worries.

#10 Posted by Nefarious (21878 posts) - - Show Bio

Phew. What a relief. 2009.

#11 Posted by DEGRAAF (7904 posts) - - Show Bio

@degraaf said:

The size of the dragon balls was the least of the movie's worries.

lol i know but for some reason it really bothered me. It was such a terrible terrible movie.

#12 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

For a second there, I was worried. lol

#13 Posted by russellmania77 (15745 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahaha that would suck so hard

#14 Posted by Samimista (20912 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol! xD Good thing it's not in production after all!

#15 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12003 posts) - - Show Bio

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Also i am mexican, here people hated the movie so bad one of the actor got attacked suring some vaction trip it had.

#16 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@degraaf: They just reminded me of the smaller ones from the original Dragon Ball series. But yes. Bad movie.

#17 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (8048 posts) - - Show Bio

Greatest NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! thread that turns into a YESSSS!!! thread.

#18 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

You should be paying attention to these important details. It's like a doctor telling the wrong person they have cancer.

#19 Posted by ARMIV2 (8801 posts) - - Show Bio

I must let my sisters know this immediately. A second public riffing is in order.

#20 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (23458 posts) - - Show Bio

Phew that was close. I was about to let out the greatest nooooooooooooo in my life ever.

#21 Posted by The_Tree (7863 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

lmao just goes to show that I don't pay attention to anything

edit: I'm highly relieved now

LOL, yeah. I always check the date when it comes to weird news, mainly because many people tend to report April Fools gag articles as news.

#22 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, I never saw this movie but I'm curious: did they actually do that thing they said they'd do about having "fist-cams" in the movie?

#23 Posted by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn I wanted another one.

#24 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5259 posts) - - Show Bio

Scared me

#25 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

Jesus don't do that dude. Thankfully it's from 2009 so it's not important.

#26 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, it was better than Iron Man 3

#27 Posted by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love a big budget remake... preferably directed by Snyder... And written by someone other than a 5 year old boy.