#1 Edited by Pfcoolio14 (1139 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you think some double standards in society are fair? Which?

Which do you think should be changed?

#2 Posted by OverLordArhas (7695 posts) - - Show Bio

Abuse is OK if it is Female on Male.

#3 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

This. It's wrong both ways.

#4 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

double standards are the only standards.

#5 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4761 posts) - - Show Bio

Tired of Living... living... living... by these double standards... standards... standardssss...

-AB Soul don't forget the dash

Putting aside the lyrics of a song I love, I kind of think double standards are a good thing... To a certain extent. I think business wise there shouldn't be a double standard but "gender roles" should have double standards.

I think a lot of things are unfair and need to change but some things shouldn't

I don't think guys should look at women as being promiscuous for having a active sex life. I do think there is a certain way a women should carry herself but that's just me.

I honestly think the double standards balance each other out for the most part, but again there needs to be a few changes. Mainly for women, they have it hard.

No it's not OK, it is actually viewed as a joke and makes the guy look worse than another guy abusing his girlfriend. IMHO.

( + )

#6 Edited by sousukesagara (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Only girls have the right to cry.

#7 Posted by mikethekiller (8391 posts) - - Show Bio

Men don't cry/can't show sadness.

#9 Posted by amalgamuniverse (334 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4761 posts) - - Show Bio

@amalgamuniverse: Yeah that's my favorite song from Control Systems. I dunno why but I always forget the name of the song. I usually call it "Opposites Attract Part II." I'm weird like that.

( + )

#11 Posted by amalgamuniverse (334 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by GreenSuperFlash (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm perfectly fine with my oppressive white male role thank you. :P

#13 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4761 posts) - - Show Bio

@amalgamuniverse: The remix or the original? I like the BLB remix too but Double Standards is my favorite.Have you seen them perform? Or Have you seen any of them perform?

( + )

#14 Posted by russellmania77 (14972 posts) - - Show Bio

we should all be able to say nga if one of us can

#15 Posted by TheAuroraChild (85 posts) - - Show Bio

At work, a man's opinion counts more than a woman's. At home, a woman's opinion counts more than a man's. It sucks for both genders.

#16 Posted by JohnnyGat (1562 posts) - - Show Bio

If a man asks to split the bill he's cheap

If a woman asks to split the bill she's strong and independent

If a woman sleeps around she's a slut

If a man sleeps around he's a stud

#17 Posted by PowerHerc (83261 posts) - - Show Bio

The double standards, by definition, aren't fair.

#18 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Misandry enthusiasts masquerading as feminists show IMO the biggest double standards with their sexism.

#19 Posted by Dernman (14957 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

Misandry enthusiasts masquerading as feminists show IMO the biggest double standards with their sexism.

Silly don't you know there is no such thing as misandry? That's just a tool used by men to further oppress women and discredit feminist arguments.

Not an abuser. A corrector. How else are we going to learn?

#20 Posted by wolverine1610 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

we should all be able to say nga if one of us can

i've met a lot of white people who do and no one throws a fit. despite popular belief there is a difference between gga and gger

#21 Posted by laflux (15320 posts) - - Show Bio

Not being able to Cry when I watch a movie which makes me feel emotional

Not being able to enjoy chick flixs.

Not being able to enjoy sweet delicious looking Cocktails without people staring.

The discrimination is too much!!

#22 Edited by danhimself (22490 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

Not being able to enjoy sweet delicious looking Cocktails without people staring.

THIS!!! SO MUCH THIS!!!! Why are we forced to drink the stuff that burns the whole way down while woman get the delicious fruity cocktails that taste amazing????

#23 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5781 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course its wrong but society is too messed up to fix it.

#24 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

One that gets me is a relatively new, when a woman is a stay at home mom people give her respect like its the hardest job ever which don't get me wrong it can be a difficult job and an important one since you're in charge of the life and happiness of a helpless human. But If a guy is a stay at home dad he's automatically looked down on as a lazy f**k. If anything a stay at home dad has it harder since women are far more naturally equipped to deal with children, that's not sexism its an evolutionary fact.

#25 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10234 posts) - - Show Bio

Men are generic, women are special.

A special kind of Double Standard that completely screws with logic. A man performing any act that seems evil and unfair in, like say, looking at another woman. Meanwhile, a female character can perpetuate the exact same actions but not receive any sort of penalty or negative dividends for it. As such, the end result of this is usually both that male sexuality (and the expressions thereof) are presented as inherently 'wrong', 'dirty' and 'ugly', and that any problems that arise are automatically the man's fault.

This also apply to the majority, just change men for majority and women to minority and you are ready to go.

Judge other society with our society morals, values and point of views, but not judge your society in the same way.

#26 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by lykopis (10752 posts) - - Show Bio

The double standards, by definition, aren't fair.

Exactly.

There is no such thing as a double standard being okay -- all the above posts are indicative of that.