#1 Posted by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2266794/Stricken-dolphin-asked-Hawaii-diver-help-Moment-mammal-stuck-fishing-line-pushed-scuba-instructor-waited-patiently-freed.html?ICO=most_read_module

0_0 , I think the thing below is very relevant to this story. These dolphins are proving themselves to be smarter than we ever imagined.

An extract

[ Dr Lori Marino, of Emory University in Atlanta, one of the architects of the declaration, said it had been prompted by a shift in our understanding of the dolphin brain.

"We went from seeing the dolphin or whale brain as being giant amorphous blob that doesn’t carry a lot of intelligence and complexity to being an enormous brain with a complexity that rivals our own," ]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/9093407/Dolphins-should-be-recognised-as-non-human-persons.html

Your views :)

#2 Posted by Inverno (13061 posts) - - Show Bio

Okaaay...

#3 Posted by laflux (14236 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2266794/Stricken-dolphin-asked-Hawaii-diver-help-Moment-mammal-stuck-fishing-line-pushed-scuba-instructor-waited-patiently-freed.html?ICO=most_read_module

0_0 , I think the thing below is very relevant to this story. These dolphins are proving themselves to be smarter than we ever imagined.

An extract

[ Dr Lori Marino, of Emory University in Atlanta, one of the architects of the declaration, said it had been prompted by a shift in our understanding of the dolphin brain.

"We went from seeing the dolphin or whale brain as being giant amorphous blob that doesn’t carry a lot of intelligence and complexity to being an enormous brain with a complexity that rivals our own," ]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/9093407/Dolphins-should-be-recognised-as-non-human-persons.html

Your views :)

Good. I love dolphins.

Though in respect to Dr Lori, Dolphins have been perceived as very intelligent animals for a long time now.

Online
#4 Posted by stumpy49er (609 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool. Too bad they don't have opposable thumbs.. or hands. Yet!

#5 Posted by Duncan (11440 posts) - - Show Bio

They're okay.. for now..

#6 Posted by The Stegman (23148 posts) - - Show Bio

So it begins..we must stop them before they rise up and overthrow us like The Simpsons predicted. 
 
  

#7 Posted by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: I am waiting for them to make this machine that means we can translate what language the dolphins speak, they say they have a language equiv to a 10 year old.

#8 Edited by Nefarious (18764 posts) - - Show Bio

That is like totally awesome. Dolphins are awesome. How awesome can they get?

#9 Posted by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious:

#10 Posted by Living_Monstrosity (428 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be really impressed if a Great White did something like that :D

#11 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19935 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

So it begins..we must stop them before they rise up and overthrow us like The Simpsons predicted.

Bravo...bravo...

#12 Posted by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio

@Living_Monstrosity: They are not half as intelligent.

#13 Posted by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

Dolphins are cute.

#14 Posted by Living_Monstrosity (428 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@Living_Monstrosity: They are not half as intelligent.

I know. But it would be cool if scientists managed to develop a drug that increased brain intelligence and injected it into sharks, like what they did in the movie Deep Blue Sea. Maybe sharks would be nicer if they were smarter.

#15 Posted by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio

@Living_Monstrosity: Maybe lol, maybe. But dolphins man, imagine talking to them? What they could tell us about animals view to humanity..

#16 Posted by Living_Monstrosity (428 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@Living_Monstrosity: Maybe lol, maybe. But dolphins man, imagine talking to them? What they could tell us about animals view to humanity..

They'd probably tell us to kill all the Orcas for them.

#17 Posted by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio

@Living_Monstrosity: Actually, they have helped fisherman catch fish, they lure them into the nets and take a share, incredible.

#18 Posted by Nefarious (18764 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pyrogram said:

@Nefarious:

Cool! You are awesome, too. Puppies, too.
#19 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Fun fact.

Dolphins rape people.

#20 Posted by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: Wtff....... 00_00

#21 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

Fun fact.

Dolphins rape people.

One of the evolved dolphins, whose opposable thumbs have struck fear in the hearts of humankind.

A primitive axe crafted out of driftwood and shell that is believed to be the handiwork of dolphins.

Don't ever let the dolphins get you down. Just remember:

  • You are a human.
  • You have opposable thumbs.
  • You can stand upright.
  • You rule.

http://www.anti-dolphin.org/human_pride.php

The Dark Secrets That Dolphins Don't Want You to Know

#22 Posted by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio

@turoksonofstone: THAT IS LEGIT!

#23 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@turoksonofstone: THAT IS LEGIT!

#24 Posted by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio

@turoksonofstone: Shiii*** LMFAO