Does Wolverine get his metal claws back at the end of DOFP?

• 107 results
Avatar image for batsymyplaything
batsymyplaything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By batsymyplaything

@jedixman: I think you misunderstood me. I'm also talking about the return of adamantium claws at the start of the DOFP. Either Singer answers the question in a future interview or we'll most likely won't know. I don't see Logan answering this question in any future movies, since it wouldn't really fit any of the plot line. No one knows about X-1 to The Wolverine timeline except for Logan, so why would Singer bring that up in the next movie. I don't know, I say it's very unlikely we'll get to know.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: Is that really a plot point though? Whether Wolverine has metal or bone claws really means nothing seeing as he hardly saw combat for DoFP.

All we know is that for him to get Adamantium claws again they had to be rebonded to him. How is the question.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Skit
@jnr6lil said:

@skit: I would say the events of Origins still happened. They just could've happened at a later date.

It was at the very least changed as I believe Stryker was too old in Origins considering DoFP Stryker was in his 20's. They clearly had intention of saying stuff changed with Mystique getting Wolverine at the end instead. Also almost nobody liked Origins, so they have no reason to keep it in continuity, at least not the same way.

@skit said:

X2 definitely did as we see flashes of X2 Stryker and a person asked him about his son.

The flashes were experienced by Future Logan, not 1973 Logan. The result was him losing the connection to Kitty. Plus, Stryker was Mystique at the end, so who knows what happen afterwards. I don't see X2 happening, I mean a lot of things had to happen, and DOFP changed things a lot.

It and First Class are only X movies that had a scene from them shown. They also happen to be the two most popular of the X movies. I see no reason for them to have flash backs just to have it later get retconned. X2 is also kind of a stand alone film comparatively, so it still being involved doesn't hurt much.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

Days of Future Past retconned everything. They are recasting Jean Grey, Cyclops, Storm, etc. for the next movie to appear as their younger selves.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit: Mystique finding Wolverine doesn't mean Wolverine doesn't later finding Stryker in the 70s.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#56 JediXMan  Moderator

@skit said:
@jnr6lil said:

@skit: I would say the events of Origins still happened. They just could've happened at a later date.

It was at the very least changed as I believe Stryker was too old in Origins considering DoFP Stryker was in his 20's. They clearly had intention of saying stuff changed with Mystique getting Wolverine at the end instead. Also almost nobody liked Origins, so they have no reason to keep it in continuity, at least not the same way.\

Considering the fact that they're bringing back Gambit, it's pretty safe to say that Origins is now non-canon.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

@skit said:
@jnr6lil said:

It was at the very least changed as I believe Stryker was too old in Origins considering DoFP Stryker was in his 20's. They clearly had intention of saying stuff changed with Mystique getting Wolverine at the end instead. Also almost nobody liked Origins, so they have no reason to keep it in continuity, at least not the same way.\

Considering the fact that they're bringing back Gambit, it's pretty safe to say that Origins is now non-canon.

1. Emma Frost

She's a teenager in Origins, but an adult in First Class. First Class precedes Origins chronologically.

2. Quicksilver

There's a super fast kid in Origins too (only cameo role), but that was supposed to be Quicksilver. Doesn't make sense with his appearance in Days of Future Past.

3. Professor Xavier's age

He's too old when he appears at the end of Origins. Days of Future Past is 1973, while Origins is early 80's. Doesn't explain how Xavier suddenly turned old in a few years.

4. William Stryker's age

He appears middle aged in Origins, but is in his early 20's in Days of Future Past. The time gap between the two movies is not even a decade. So his aging is totally off.

5. Wolverine's timeline is contradictory in Origins and Days of Future Past

In Origins, it says that Wolverine and Creed were arrested in the Vietnam War and freed by Stryker to join his team. This overlaps with his participation with the X-Men in Days of Future Past.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By w0nd

going to have to wait and see. That seems like something too big to ignore. Him losing his metal claws was a HUGE turning point for him in the wolverine, it seems kind of odd they would simply ignore this and give them him back for no reason. Funny thing is, since jean is alive and well, he would have had no reason to end up running off to japan where he lost them in the first place. He would have still had them so that would have been all fine and dandy if they didn't throw that last mystique scene in. Trolls.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 JediXMan  Moderator

@omgomgwtfwtf:

I agree with the inconsistencies; however, I believe First Class was meant to retcon Emma; I don't recall them ever calling her by her last name. It was meant as an Easter Egg, from what I understand. First Class had the "real" Emma Frost.

They also never explicitly said that it was Quicksilver in Origins, either.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman:

I guess your right on that, but I mean it's not that much of a stretch to assume that they were supposed to be those characters.

A person named Emma who can shift into diamond form. A super speedy kid with sleek back white hair.

But in any case, I think the most enduring issue is the timeline discrepancy. After doing some digging, the events of Origins take place during and before 1979, because of the Three Mile Island Incident. So it doesn't explain how James McAvoy aged into Patrick Stewart in five years. Also, Wolverine should have been in military prison during the events of Days of Future Past. Stryker is clearly in his 40's in Origins, but is in his 20's in Days of Future Past.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 JediXMan  Moderator

@omgomgwtfwtf:

@jedixman:

I guess your right on that, but I mean it's not that much of a stretch to assume that they were supposed to be those characters.

A person named Emma who can shift into diamond form. A super speedy kid with sleek back white hair.

But in any case, I think the most enduring issue is the timeline discrepancy. After doing some digging, the events of Origins take place during and before 1979, because of the Three Mile Island Incident. So it doesn't explain how James McAvoy aged into Patrick Stewart in five years. Also, Wolverine should have been in military prison during the events of Days of Future Past. Stryker is clearly in his 40's in Origins, but is in his 20's in Days of Future Past.

Maybe, but her first and primary power is telepathy. Just being diamond and named "Emma" seems more like an Easter Egg, same for Quicksilver.

Wolverine was supposed to have had his mind wiped in 1985, because - in X-Men 1 - he only has 15 years worth of memory.

Avatar image for teentitansfan94
TeenTitansFan94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit said:

It was at the very least changed as I believe Stryker was too old in Origins considering DoFP Stryker was in his 20's. They clearly had intention of saying stuff changed with Mystique getting Wolverine at the end instead. Also almost nobody liked Origins, so they have no reason to keep it in continuity, at least not the same way.

What's so bad about Origins? Personally, I thought it was a great movie (albeit not as good as the other ones). Besides it ruining Deadpool towards the end of the movie, it wasn't bad.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Noone301994

This is just a cluster frack

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: They hinted at Magneto being the father of Quicksilver in DoFP

@omgomgwtfwtf: I think we're meant to assume the events of Origins all happened differently.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 JediXMan  Moderator

@jnr6lil said:

@jedixman: They hinted at Magneto being the father of Quicksilver in DoFP

I know. I was talking about Origins; they never said that the guy in the cell was Quicksilver.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit said:

What's so bad about Origins? Personally, I thought it was a great movie (albeit not as good as the other ones). Besides it ruining Deadpool towards the end of the movie, it wasn't bad.

There's plenty of reasons, but the biggest and most technical problems where because of it was rushed and left basically unfinished. Hugh Jackman said the film wasn't finished to the point he was a bit ashamed that it was released in the state it was in. The director was getting the script the same or the previous night before he would film a scene. Finally the CGI was pretty bad. This video sums up all the general problems, albeit the less serious ones.

Loading Video...

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Wolverine gets his claws back by Apocalypse turning him into the Horseman of Death?

(Which is how he got it back post-Magneto-rip in the comics.)

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By 14NC3

@jnr6lil:

Sorry for replying so late, but in regards for your comment on saying whether or not X2 happened: It did not. Mystique is no longer on Erik's side. The only reason she was in X1-X3 is because magneto manipulated her into forgetting about Xavier because of all of the experiments on her brain tissue from Trask. After days of future past she was never captured and she left the movie as an independent freedom fighter without Magneto. Between 1970-2023 a lot could have happened sure, but she wouldn't play anything out like she did with Magneto in X1-3. One of the points of the movie was to change Raven as a whole, taking her back to be Magneto's weapon would not make any sense. And about your point where you said that X2 happens cause it focused Stryker - no. Since mystique not being in X1 means it didn't happen since she was crucial to it's plot, Magneto would have never ended up in prison in X2 and Stryker would have never got any information from him about Cerebro in the first place since that's how the whole of X2 started.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well to answer the original question we don't know, I don't recall him popping the claws after the fast forward.

He probably will have them in the next movie, they can make up whatever reason they want, maybe he actively seeks out the procedure.

TeenTitansFan94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By TeenTitansFan94

@14nc3: Just because Mystique wasn't on Magneto's side doesn't mean X3 couldn't have happened. Besides, early in the movie she was injected with the cure so she didn't have a huge role in it. The cure still would've been made and Magneto still would've found Juggernaut and whoever else.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By 14NC3

@teentitansfan94 said:

@14nc3: Just because Mystique wasn't on Magneto's side doesn't mean X3 couldn't have happened. Besides, early in the movie she was injected with the cure so she didn't have a huge role in it. The cure still would've been made and Magneto still would've found Juggernaut and whoever else.

Except X3 couldn't have happened without Jean dying in X2 and without Mystique in X1, X2 would have never happened. The Phoenix Saga could have definitely happened between 1970-2020 but it would have not went any way like it did in X3. Bryan Singer said himself he wanted to remove X3 from the continuity or at least strongly hinted at it in interviews. He among the many, many others despised what happened in that film, hence why Scott and Jean are alive - it was a massive f*** you to Ratner and X3.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By 14NC3

@teentitansfan94:

Sorry, but did you even see the film? What did you think Cyclops and Jean being alive meant?

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@14nc3 said:

@jnr6lil:

Sorry for replying so late, but in regards for your comment on saying whether or not X2 happened: It did not. Mystique is no longer on Erik's side. The only reason she was in X1-X3 is because magneto manipulated her into forgetting about Xavier because of all of the experiments on her brain tissue from Trask. After days of future past she was never captured and she left the movie as an independent freedom fighter without Magneto. Between 1970-2023 a lot could have happened sure, but she wouldn't play anything out like she did with Magneto in X1-3. One of the points of the movie was to change Raven as a whole, taking her back to be Magneto's weapon would not make any sense. And about your point where you said that X2 happens cause it focused Stryker - no. Since mystique not being in X1 means it didn't happen since she was crucial to it's plot, Magneto would have never ended up in prison in X2 and Stryker would have never got any information from him about Cerebro in the first place since that's how the whole of X2 started.

Magneto didn't manipulate her into forgetting about Xavier though. It wasn't even hinted she knew Xavier in X1-X3. Again X-Men: Apocalypse still is yet to happen so we don't know if she joins up with Magneot again. Let's not forget that Magneto is an X-Men in the comics currently even though he's been at war with them for decades.

Yes but Stryker still continues his mutant crusade.

Again I do believe the timeline was changed but to say thinks like these movies never happened, I can't agree with. Like with X3,. Jean & Scott are alive in 2023. Who knows if the Phoenix revived Scott & Jean in that time between The Last Stand & the future.

TeenTitansFan94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil:

She had to know who Xavier was in X1-3. She was part of his mutant group in First Class, was she not?

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By 14NC3

@jnr6lil said:

@14nc3 said:

@jnr6lil:

Magneto didn't manipulate her into forgetting about Xavier though. It wasn't even hinted she knew Xavier in X1-X3. Again X-Men: Apocalypse still is yet to happen so we don't know if she joins up with Magneot again. Let's not forget that Magneto is an X-Men in the comics currently even though he's been at war with them for decades.

Yes but Stryker still continues his mutant crusade.

Again I do believe the timeline was changed but to say thinks like these movies never happened, I can't agree with. Like with X3,. Jean & Scott are alive in 2023. Who knows if the Phoenix revived Scott & Jean in that time between The Last Stand & the future.

1) The part i highlighted in bold: THAT WAS WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT xD. The very plausible theory I typed EXPLAINED that. Since you clearly didnt read my post properly, read it again.

Anyway, it was a very believable theory I read. To be honest, it's just that the continuity is f****** up and the movie knows that. Yes, events similar to the X-men trilogy can happen but none of the movies are ever going to play out exactly like they did after what happened in DoFP, (really dude? I already said this. Did you actually read my post?) if Singer directs the rest of the X-men movies he will not have mystique be Magneto's lackey after what happened to her character in this movie. If someone else does take over, they will respect what happened to mystiques change of character. Refer to what I said in the third sentence in the OP. And it does not matter what happens in the comics, sure the movies vaguely follow them but anything can happen in the movies - like Wolverine being sent back to the past instead of Kitty in the comics.

2) Yes, but my point was that it will not play out like anything like the events of the movie. Sure there could be events that are similar to what happened in the original trilogy but nothing you saw in X2 will ever happen. Again, I explained this part:

After days of future past she was never captured and she left the movie as an independent freedom fighter without Magneto. Between 1970-2023 a lot could have happened sure, but she wouldn't play anything out like she did with Magneto in X1-3. One of the points of the movie was to change Raven as a whole, taking her back to be Magneto's weapon would not make any sense.

3) Refer to what I just said. Since Mystique has been changed into a different person as a result of DoFP. As a result of her being a changed person X1 won't play out anything like it was even if she is once again on Magneto's side. Yes, the phoenix saga can happen but it won't happen like it did in X3. Now refer to what I said to Teen Titan fan:

Except X3 couldn't have happened without Jean dying in X2 and without Mystique in X1, X2 would have never happened. The Phoenix Saga could have definitely happened between 1970-2020 but it would have not went any way like it did in X3. Bryan Singer said himself he wanted to remove X3 from the continuity or at least strongly hinted at it in interviews. He among the many, many others despised what happened in that film, hence why Scott and Jean are alive - it was a massive f*** you to Ratner and X3.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By 14NC3

@teentitansfan94 said:

@jnr6lil:

She had to know who Xavier was in X1-3. She was part of his mutant group in First Class, was she not?

Mystique is no longer on Erik's side. The only reason she was in X1-X3 is because magneto manipulated her into forgetting about Xavier because of all of the experiments on her brain tissue from Trask. After days of future past she was never captured and she left the movie as an independent freedom fighter without Magneto. Between 1970-2023 a lot could have happened sure, but she wouldn't play anything out like she did with Magneto in X1-3. One of the points of the movie was to change Raven as a whole, taking her back to be Magneto's weapon would not make any sense

The thing about Trask and Magneto is a very plausible theory, but a theory is a theory. The people behind X-men knew that there were many mistakes in their continuity, such as Mystique not having any connection with Xavier in the trilogy. There were many directors for different movies which is why the continuity is so f*****, the main point of the movie was to clean everything up by just erasing what happened. I already said that Bryan Singer said that he wants to 'change some things' referring to the mistakes (in terms of continuity) other directors made in the films he didn't direct.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@14nc3: We can't say for sure whether Mystique will be the lackey again. She could possibly go back to Erik's side in X-Men: AoA

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By 14NC3

@jnr6lil said:

@14nc3: We can't say for sure whether Mystique will be the lackey again. She could possibly go back to Erik's side in X-Men: AoA

She could possibly go back to Erik's side but not as a lackey. Otherwise that would not make any sense at all since her character left a freedom fighter independent of Magneto. She could go on his side as well as Xaviers side next movie to fight the bigger threat: Apocalypse. If Bryan Singer does end up being a part of AoA then Mystique being an emotionless lackey as she was in the original trilogy certainly won't happen. The fact that Jennifer Lawrence will most likely be cast as her again almost guarantees that you're wrong since she'll play the character that left DofP; a mystique almost completely different from the romijin version.

Huey_Freeman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Huey_Freeman34

So much wrong information being passed around in this thread...makes my head hurt. In 1973, Wolverine hadn't gone through the procedure that granted him his adamantium. In the future, he had his metal claws back bc Magneto, who has the power to control metal (derp!), reconstituted some of the adamantium from other part of his body onto his bone claws. All these other theories about the continuities of the other X-movie ls being cleaned up is rubbish; the only X-movie that got visibly retconned in DoFP was X-Men 3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. He gets them in the beginning

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Jack_

Everyone's just talking about Wolverine's claws

And I'm just sitting here wondering why Magneto's helmet changed it's design.

TeenTitansFan94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_: It didn't. The helmet design was the same as before, was it not?

coryemm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By coryemm

@guardiandevil83: I think mystique somehow knew that Stryker had put Logan thru the Weapon X program and she was going to make sure it happened again in the new time line.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Reading those comments just makes me hate time travel continuity.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rev_sulphur: The X-Men movies just make absolutely 0 sense.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By MonsterStomp

Probably not. Stryker was Raven in disguise. I don't know what she'd want with Logan.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 rogueshadow  Moderator

He may or may not have them. Mystique will take over the Weapon X program, likely resulting in him having adamantium claws, but he was still pre-Stryker as of 1973, as that occurred towards the end of the 80s. X-Men 1 -3, The Wolverine and Origins didn't happen in this timeline, at least not in the way we know them.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

It's possible with all that gap.

TeenTitansFan94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By TeenTitansFan94
Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 the_stegman  Moderator

I say it's possible. Just because Mystique took Logan, doesn't mean Stryker doesn't get him later.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A better question yet: wasn't Wolverine supposed to be in Vietnam instead of bumming around NY?

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was never confirmed.

With so many continuity errors, DOFP undid the other 6 movies.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

I'm with ya there, man. Also, why did Professor X's new body still need a wheelchair?

TeenTitansFan94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy6364: Not necessarily. First Class wasn't affected at all because it happened earlier. The 3 original X-Men movies could still have conceivably happened, but they would have went differently with Mystique not on Magneto's side.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Fallingcliffs

The movie itself is entertaining but as far as continuity and loopholes forget about it lol. There's so many I don't know where to begin.

Even if X 1 and X 2 happened which I don't think X2 did now because we see Jean as perfectly normal, given the fact that in the original timeline Jean wasn't and was being taken over by the Phoenix which lead to all that crazy stuff in X3 I doubt X2 or X3 happened. X1 perhaps but as someone said, differently probably without Mystique...I'm also not even sure X1 happened, thinking about this will make your head hurt after a while.

The loopholes/and unanswered questions that I have issues with that are never truly explained are:

-End of X3, we see Professor Xavier's mind/conscience in that guy dying of terminal cancer by his old girlfriend from the past...ok, so say his mind lives how the hell does he live for long if he transferred his mind into that guy, he was going to die(does telepathy and conscience transfer now cure cancer? Did he have magical plastic surgery? Did he then transfer his mind into a healthier person? Did he have his old GF some how clone himself via DNA then transfer his mind into that body? lol So many things wrong with this...

-The age gig as others brought up with Stryker, X and Magneto just don't add up.

-The whole thing with Creed being Logan's brother then later on in X1 it's as if he's a mere rival mutant....

-Then we see at the end of Wolverine, he's back and Logan's like what the hell...understandably. Then X gives him the "you're the only one with gifts" line which sadly still doesn't explain anything as to how he came back looking as professor X, obviously Kitty couldn't have done anything because even if she did send X in the past to prevent his own future death from Phoenix killing him, that would have changed other things so that doesn't make sense. So again they don't explain this at all...concerning how he got his body back in tact.

-End of Wolverine, as the O.P. brought up they never explain how he got his claws back. Did Magneto do something to his body? Did he go back to have the same procedure done?

-Another thing, at the end of X-Men DOFP once he succeeds in changing the future where everyone is happy and alive, it was obviously mystique who saved him at the end of the 73 timeline posing as Stryker, but what does this mean? Did she kill Stryker or just KO him out? Why is she posing as Stryker? What reason would she have to kidnap Wolverine when she has no clue who he is and how he knows her in the original timeline future...and how does he remember everything that originally happened but not the new timeline from 73-present? Also, does he have his claws again or still bone claw? It would also be impossible for Mystique to erase or make him forget from 73-2014 yet allow his past memory retained of the original timeline and his old life? Major loophole imo, I hope they explain this in the next film...but if they keep going based off their current track record, I doubt it or probably won't spend much time on it at all.

-So I take it X is still controlling Jean's mind then and is aware of the Phoenix? Isn't it a matter of time before she loses it if it's still within her?

-If X2 didn't happen which the new timeline would hint, does that mean Nightcrawler never joined the X-Men?

I know time travel generally creates lots of questions, loopholes etc usually in any film however it seems X-Men franchise even before DOFP has continuity issues that go unanswered.

I know some fans are ok with "well huge gap in time from Wolverine to DOFP probably like 10-20 years something like that, and he got them back in that time" but it would be nice to know HOW...

Even avengers has it's own loopholes but some of which the casual movie goer won't notice like Hulk getting magically smart, able to control his rage for sake of plot....lol

I don't believe so until they show it/prove it because at the end of Xmen DOFP, he loses his memory from 73-current new timeline(which makes no sense to me) and we see Mystique pose as Stryker implying she'd free Wolverine not to mention how the hell does she know who he is and how he got his claws? So as far as I'm concerned he doesn't have his adamantium claws back in the new timeline until they explain it in the next film I hope...Xmen DOFP had tons of plotholes and continuity issues. I mean hell they don't even explain how he got them back in post Wolverine in the original timeline dark future...which also bothered me.

mikeparry123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: if the events of x1 don't happen then why, when we see rogue with bobby in the new future, does she still have the white stripe in her hair caused by Magneto's machine in x1?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 rogueshadow  Moderator

He may or may not have them. Mystique will take over the Weapon X program, likely resulting in him having adamantium claws, but he was still pre-Stryker as of 1973, as that occurred towards the end of the 80s. X-Men 1 -3, The Wolverine and Origins didn't happen in this timeline, at least not in the way we know them.

^^^^

@erik: if the events of x1 don't happen then why, when we see rogue with bobby in the new future, does she still have the white stripe in her hair caused by Magneto's machine in x1?

That does not mean X1 happened, it just means some variation of X1 happened, something happened that resulted in Rogue having the white stripe of hair, but it likely didn't occur in the exact same way it did in X1.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@14nc3 said:

@jnr6lil said:

She could possibly go back to Erik's side but not as a lackey. Otherwise that would not make any sense at all since her character left a freedom fighter independent of Magneto. She could go on his side as well as Xaviers side next movie to fight the bigger threat: Apocalypse. If Bryan Singer does end up being a part of AoA then Mystique being an emotionless lackey as she was in the original trilogy certainly won't happen. The fact that Jennifer Lawrence will most likely be cast as her again almost guarantees that you're wrong since she'll play the character that left DofP; a mystique almost completely different from the romijin version.

We don't know what may drive her to become that mindless lackey.