• 60 results
#1 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

... There are characters from other franchises that can destroy another on there own?

- Like, Kratos vs Twilight

- Superman vs Naruto verse

- The Hulk vs Hunger Games

You get the picture right?

#2 Posted by Nefarious (18784 posts) - - Show Bio

Those are spite matches.

#3 Posted by xlab3000 (3143 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9537 posts) - - Show Bio
WTF???

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24690 posts) - - Show Bio

So what, now all forms of fictional media now have to make sure that characters that don't even exist in the same world can have a fair fight?

#6 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would Hulk fight the hunger game kids ?

#7 Posted by russellmania77 (14606 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really offend me at all

#8 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@fuchsia_nightingale: That's not the point, the point is, some franchises are so powerful that they can send a weaker character out to another franchise and they're instantly a GOD to them.

#9 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@fuchsia_nightingale:

When fanboys/girls of the inferior franchises are told about such stomps they complain really bad about it ;)

#11 Posted by joshmightbe (24690 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by XImpossibruX (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

Offensive? no....

Just don't put those characters in those universes.

Hulk in hunger games? I don't even.

#14 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23302 posts) - - Show Bio

Who cares?

#15 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@cybrilious4: I'm sorry if I "bugged" you, but we were having a conversation, sorry I couldn't come up with anything better then "and ?" But I'm not seeing the problem here. Fictional universes will tend to differ from one another.

#18 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23302 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Edited by wildvine (8405 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

So what?

I'm not upset that Zatanna can solo the Harry Potter Universe, or that Thor can destroy everyone on God Of War.

That doesn't make Harry Potter series "less cool", or GoW any less enjoyable.

#22 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23302 posts) - - Show Bio

@cybrilious4: Oh and to be frank I doubt Sailor Moon could solo the Justice League anyway....but whatever.

#23 Edited by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@fuchsia_nightingale: I was thinking your just saying "and" as just a way of making me talk in an endless continuem, but if you really wanna know?

- I don't think a Universe should be considered defenseless against others just because they may lack omni-potent beings to defend it. It's because maybe the creators just didn't feel like

making OP unrealistic characters to justify anything like Marvel and DC tend to do.

In the end, money and hardcore fans make up franchises not fictional characters with their feats.

#24 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4613 posts) - - Show Bio

I think people are failing to understand what your question is and their focusing more on your examples.

I personally don't get offended but it is a bit annoying. I know my favorite characters aren't the most powerful and that someone else's favorite is Too Powerful errmmm I mean Totally Powerful and whatever. I understand that but it has hurt my feelings (a bit) in the past to have them post things like...

Curbstomp!

Blah blah blah doesn't have a chance

This is just SAd

I feel sorry for blah blah fans... and all that trash talking.

To answer your question again, I think fans don't mind having their favorite franchises be weaker than another franchise. The problem lies with not wanting to have to be reminded, insulted, or offended by someone else. See some of us become attached to our fictional characters that any sign of offense towards the said character is a bit of a insult to the fan as well.

At least that's how I see it. I think everyone should just learn or realize it really doesn't matter so let em "brag" about their fictional character. Remember your favorite fictional franchise is YOUR favorite for a reason.

( + )

#25 Edited by wildvine (8405 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@yung_ancient_one: Oh my mistake and @cybrilious4 I further apologize, truly my bad.

And to answer. I pay no mind to battles and don't care if a favorite character loses a Hypothetical fight.

Sorry again.

#27 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: Oh yes she can, and HARD!!!!

She is 1,000,000x mFTL, Galaxy lvl reality warper. She'll wreck Everyone.

#29 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not getting the issue either, is this about the battle boards or something? If so I think there's a bit too much emphasis put on those boards anyway.

Though in order to comment on if I'm offended I think the point of this thread needs to be better explained because it makes no sense.

#30 Posted by wildvine (8405 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23302 posts) - - Show Bio

@cybrilious4: She is 1,000,000x mFTL

Travel only,her combat is no where near that.

Galaxy lvl reality warper

Maybe,but Flash could probably deliver one million IMP's to her face before she could even do it,or MM could possibly mind wipe her,etc etc. But if she can,it does not matter to me I do not care if my favorite character(s) gets curb-stomped in hypothetical battles.

#34 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by wildvine (8405 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

No one really should care.

#37 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so offended. The concept of Hulk is worse than the Holocaust.

#38 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@mynamewasdeleted: Let's say you were a 8 year old kid who's favorite character was Aang from Avatar: The Last Airbender.

- Your a huge fan of the show and see Aang as an incredibly powerful being as the Show portrayed him to be.

- Then as you become older, like 12-13 years old your debating with kids and someone saids Superman would destroy the entire Universe.

- You get mad but then realize this is true...Then like seeing your own family being burned by the stake (emotionally, not exactly)... Begin to feel really bad about it and think its not fair. But over time, you begin to accept it and face the true facts. You liked the show for a reason, and it might not be you thought he was powerful, but maybe the show told a fabulous story to you.

Basically this, but others people are still getting over these facts.

#41 Edited by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by wildvine (8405 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine: I'm not a Cat! I don't belong in a box!

#45 Posted by wildvine (8405 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@cybrilious4: I think it's pretty silly, really. I mean it's not like those two properties will ever actually interact, all of those type of vs. conversations are just for debate and discussion- they ought not ever be taken too seriously.

#47 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4613 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't understand the negative feedback. This is a honest observation about a reality in the forums. The user seems to only want to better understand the situation. To see first hand who of us get offended by a common "issue" in the forums. Sure, maybe the users post wasn't explained in the way you personally like, but still I see no reason to give negative responses.

Lastly please Rule211 (that's your nickname for the moment) and Cy don't act like that. Nothing productive comes from debates that stem from negative emotions.

Carry on.

( + )

#48 Posted by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine: Aww...Why you gotta' be like that! Why not Mcdonals?!

#49 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by wildvine (8405 posts) - - Show Bio