• 132 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

I keep hearing about this woman on social media, but I have no idea who she is or what she did. I also don't know if I care.

SymbioteSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@spambot: Oh I know Floyds no angel at all. And probably deserves a good a$$ wooping. But for her to think that taking the high road is saying she could beat him at MMA the sport he doesn't even do? If she doesn't want limits on herself challenge him to a boxing match.

ILikeBigTits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also ANY guy in the mens bantamweight division would tear her up, so the notion of her kicking a mans ass needs to go.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People hate Rousey? I can't think of any reason not to like her. I really like her as a fighter and in looks. She's very entertaining and she's the best thing that's happened to Woman's anything. Would definitely plow.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@symbiotesaiyan: Except I don't think she was claiming to be taking the high road by what she was saying. At that point they had something of a feud going and she simply said she would kick his *** in a cage fight or something like that. It would be stupid for her to challenge him to a boxing match when even men his size can't beat him there. She isn't a boxer. If he wants to man up and take her on let him. If not then her statement can stand.

SymbioteSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: Man up? Hes a boxer. Shes a MMA fighter. He doesn't want to take her on. She wants to take him on. If she thinks she can only kick his ass when hes at a huge disadvantage then whats the point in that?

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Spambot

@symbiotesaiyan: If he doesn't want to then he doesn't have to. I don't even know why what she said would be in issue in the slightest degree to anyone. People act more offended at her challenging him to a cage fight than they are over him hitting women tbh. She's simply making the point that he likes hitting women who don't know how to fight but she's more than willing to fight him. How much of an advantage does Floyd have over these women he hits? Surely a lot more than Rousey would have over him in a cage fight. He is at least a trained fighter and a man to boot.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Wow I think people are far to quick to yell sexist now a days. The real reason anyone does not like Ronda is due to a few facts one is she is the best at what she does that means people are going to dislike you because its seems to be human nature to want to cheer for the underdog. Another fact is that her fights are expensive and do not last more then 45 seconds is this because she is that good or is it because her division is that bad and women's MMA as a whole is still at its infancy? Only time will tell. But the biggest reason Ronda is not liked by people is overexposure she is in movies, on TV shows and the UFC bow to her like she is a god due to the fact that sport is so short on main stream celebrity fighters that they have to force feed the public characters like Ronda or Connor Mac Gregor. GSP was not a mega star over night it took a very long time same with Silva, Chuck, Rich Franklin and Couture they came up to stardom in a more organic way. When this newest crop of MMA stars seem to have to play prowrestling heel and trash talk to sell there fights against nobodies.

SymbioteSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: What she said is gonna have issues to a lot of people because a lot of people are Floyd fans. And if they hear some MMA chick saying she can kick his ass its gonna cause some hate. You cant act surprised, that is just how people are, someone attacks their hero and they gonna get defensive. Im not a Rousey or Floyd fan at all. I'm just saying. Just like when people attack Kobe because of rape charges people are still gonna freak out and defend him.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc: Right now she is filling a vacuum that was just left by GSP sort of retiring, Anderson Silva losing his mojo then testing positive for steroids and Cain also losing his title. She also benefits from being extremely dominant and somewhat outgoing as a personality so add it all up and she deserves what she's gotten just as MacGregor does. They are benefiting from the sport getting bigger just as Iceman did 10 years ago. He got to be in commericals too which guys like Couture or Dan Severn didn't get to do because ufc was so far below the radar back then. Some people are just better made to be promoted and embrace being a star. Just like Muhammad Ali still gets talked about while Joe Frazier is pretty much forgotten. Its not her fault or a valid basis for hating on her imo. I also do feel a lot of it is due to her being female.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#61 frozen  Moderator

Every time a Ronda thread comes up, Floyd is mentioned. Vice versa.

I think both are hated because they are arrogant trash talkers. Some people are very likeable with their trash talkers (e.g. Muhammad Ali) but Ronda/Floyd don't seem to be.

SymbioteSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

Every time a Ronda thread comes up, Floyd is mentioned. Vice versa.

I think both are hated because they are arrogant trash talkers. Some people are very likeable with their trash talkers (e.g. Muhammad Ali) but Ronda/Floyd don't seem to be.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@symbiotesaiyan: One, I don't think Floyd has that many fans or comprise most of the people who claim to dislike her. Two, there was already a bit of feud between them before she said what she did I think. I just don't see it as any sort of big deal whatsoever. Rappers have feuds all the time and you don't see people saying 'I don't like him anymore because he talked shit about so and so'. Its simply accepted as being part of the industry just as shit talking has been part of combat sports for 40+ years. Chael Sonnen made a whole career out of it and not too many people seem to hate him for it. At least Rousey has dominated her competition while Sonnen just had one close fight with Silva.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@frozen:

Ali was funny; he was clever. Rousey and Mayweather are just kind of bullies with theirs.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Truth_Teller

@truth_teller:

true. and so my statement also remains true.

Actually that's not even true, media corporations don't care if you are annoyed or frustrated, in fact that increases views.

?? I never said media corporations. You must have me confused with someone else.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Ali was also a bully. Calling Frazier an uncle tom and a gorilla. That wasn't witty so much as it was just bullying him. Ali wasn't just some sweet guy everyone adored. He did his best to intimidate his opponents before a fight.

SymbioteSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: Hey we could debate all day on why she has haters. People have their reasons and you are not going to find the exact reason why. And if your goal is too try and change everybody's mind? Good luck.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#68  Edited By Cream_God

Everything is either sexists, racist, non-politically correct, etc nowadays.....soon as liberals stop being such SJWs then ill consider voting left wing.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: The sexist argument now a days is so fast and lazy, people could make the argument that she has only gotten the exposure she has gotten because she is a female and lets face it attractive. Silva dominated all the people in front of him for years so did many yet they did not get to be in movies or be interviewed on shows like access Hollywood when preparing for a fight. I have nothing against Ronda she seems like a cool person but it's a little much with how much exposure she gets. MacGregor on the other hand has talked his way to the top he reminds me so much of an 80's wrestling heel and frankly has never silenced his critics since he has not faced a full prepared top 5 opponent so yeah the UFC grooming him to be there next face is pathetic, and its looking more and more like what Vince Mcmahon did with Shawn Micheals in the early 90's and remember as Dana put it yesterday ( In a classy way) that shits fake, yet there marketing is real very real since he has parodied it.

Frazier is in no way forgotten, just because he was not as well known to the casual fan because he was more humble does not some how under-mean this accomplishments to the sport. Ali was as good as people said he was he was the fastest boxer people had seen at the time combined that with controversy ( Not going to Vietnam) and his loud way of selling fights you had a cross over star.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@sog7dc said:

@frozen:

Ali was funny; he was clever. Rousey and Mayweather are just kind of bullies with theirs.

Yeah, another point I want to make is why do MMA fighters keep having to namedrop Mayweather time to time? Whenever they do it, a slew of news articles just parrot their words.

Calling out Mayweather is free publicity, basically many fighters do it because they can't get the necessary publicity without it.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@symbiotesaiyan: I didn't say anything about changing anyone's mind about anything. I am simply expressing opinions like everyone else.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Spambot

@br_havoc: I am not making an argument. I am expressing my opinion that much of the hate for her is based on her sex. Not all of it but I think a lot of stuff people complain about her doing people would have no problem with if it were a male fighter doing it. Simple as that. She isn't that over the top in terms of what she says but because she is a woman I think she gets criticized for it. She isn't the first athlete to be in movies either but then again people have a problem with that. She has earned her right to be promoted as a face of ufc as well. She shouldn't have to apologize to anyone for ufc pushing her as one of their top fighters.

Avatar image for batmanwinsbecausewhynot
BatmanWinsBecauseWhyNot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no idea who she is

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Honestly why does it matter? People hate other people for various reasons. And it seems like OP is the Ultimate Ronda Rousey fan and is trying defend Ronda Rousey on all fronts. Don't like hearing about her? Blame the media and her fans. Don't like her face? Too childish. You are wasting your time and energy tbh.

Darkusdude327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess it could be. I think a lot of people really respect her and her talents, but it's a little jarring for some people who were raised in certain cultures to understand a woman being that kind of a fighter. I don't think there's ever been a bigger female fighter, so it just takes people by surprise is all. That's what I think anyway.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By BR_Havoc

@spambot: Fair enough but I simply do not think that argument is a valid one simply due to the fact MacGregor has as many if not more people criticizing him for practically the same thing over saturation. People throwing Ronda's gender into this just want to win an argument with the concept that the world is misogynistic which is cop out in this conversation because being a woman gained her opportunities that male fighters do not have and would not have. Once again Ronda is a top level athlete who seems like a cool person but she like MacGregor has flooded MMA and people reject athletes when companies push them too much. Heck it happens in pro wrestling all the time ( Roman Reigns anyone?)

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just don't like a lot of her fans. They act like she's the real life version of Lady Shiva.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Spambot

@br_havoc: I'm not trying to take it nearly that far to try and say most men are misogynistic or anything of that sort. I just think she does get hate for doing what she does as a woman that I don't think she would get as a man. I don't think MacGregor gets the same level of hate she gets either. I don't think she's getting the push she is only due to being a woman either. I think its a combination of things which in some part includes being a woman but its first and foremost due to her domination of her division. I mean look at her matches, the last 4 have gone like a total of 2 min. She deserves to be pushed based on what she does in the cage. Plus ufc has always pushed more aggressive fighters over the less aggressive ones.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate...

...hate, hate, hate ,hate, hate...

Pilasy:La Voix d'un homme

lemonsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dunno is its sexism to dislike her for the following:

• Looks like a shaved chimp when she puts on her game face
  • Appears to be a totally unlikable s***-talker
  • Her fan-brigade thinking she's the greatest thing since sliced bread
  • The Bruce Lee/Chuck Norris levels of exaggeration of what she's capable of.

So much truth

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

Lol, the 'sexist' card always gets pulled at some point. People don't hate her, they're just irritated by people grossly over estimating her.

That's what I thought. Just irritation due to overestimation.

Do people really hate Ronda Rousey? I'd like to hear more about this.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#84  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@truth_teller said:

Ronda Rousey gets a lot of hate. Does the majority of the hate stem from people that are sexist?

People like to hate others who are crazy successful. Tom Brady, LeBron James, Derek Jeter, Jeff Gordon, etc

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything or anyone with a lot of popularity inevitably has a lot of hate, it's the law of the internet.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Some people are just negative.

~MiB

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Lunacyde  Moderator

how do you overestimate the best female fighter of all time?

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, it doesn't stem from sexism. People just hate when someone is severely overrated. So overrated to the point that the person being overrated starts to believe they're nigh-untouchable as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, it doesn't stem from sexism. People just hate when someone is severely overrated. So overrated to the point that the person being overrated starts to believe they're nigh-untouchable as well.

Pretty much this.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:
@sog7dc said:

@frozen:

Yeah, another point I want to make is why do MMA fighters keep having to namedrop Mayweather time to time? Whenever they do it, a slew of news articles just parrot their words.

Calling out Mayweather is free publicity, basically many fighters do it because they can't get the necessary publicity without it.

Kinda like how Floyd clings to Beiber for publicity?

silversurfer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a woman who thinks that she can beat up Cain Velazquez and Ray Rice. She's insane, and too cocky. Also, she's not hot. Not to me.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's cocky... thats about it and refusing to shake Miesha Tate's hand

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"The most dominant fighter in the world right now"....Give me a f'n break. She refused to fight a transgender fighter that had intensive hormone therapy due to the fact that she was born a boy thus having an "unfair advantage".

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 frozen  Moderator
ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@comicstooge: He clings on to Mayweather.

Only one of them is in the public consciousness frequently enough to really matter. When's the last time you heard about Floyd outside of boxing, besides his criminal cases? Ronda's freaking everywhere by comparison. Her movie career isn't slowing down and industries like WWE are virtually kissing her feet just to get her in the crowd at one of their events. Floyd's the butt of endless jokes now days and gets criticized more than anything.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@comicstooge said:
@frozen said:

Only one of them is in the public consciousness frequently enough to really matter. When's the last time you heard about Floyd outside of boxing, besides his criminal cases? Ronda's freaking everywhere by comparison. Her movie career isn't slowing down and industries like WWE are virtually kissing her feet just to get her in the crowd at one of their events. Floyd's the butt of endless jokes now days and gets criticized more than anything.

Bieber's in the public consciousness because he is a pop-star; he's had a history of following around boxers (like he did with David Haye). Ronda's hardly ''everywhere'' - UFC isn't even a mainstream sport, it's still a niche; we've seen Floyd show up at WWE before, gain buzz whenever he appears at an event and his social media reach is much bigger than Ronda's (e.g. Twitter followers). If Ronda was that popular, she wouldn't need to namedrop Mayweather so much in an attempt to seek validation.

Floyd is the butt of endless jokes; but the same people who mock him are likely the same people who pay to watch his fights. Floyd is a master troll, and he profits from his haters.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By ComicStooge

@frozen said:
@comicstooge said:
@frozen said:

Bieber's in the public consciousness because he is a pop-star; he's had a history of following around boxers (like he did with David Haye). Ronda's hardly ''everywhere'' - UFC isn't even a mainstream sport, it's still a niche; we've seen Floyd show up at WWE before, gain buzz whenever he appears at an event and his social media reach is much bigger than Ronda's (e.g. Twitter followers). If Ronda was that popular, she wouldn't need to namedrop Mayweather so much in an attempt to seek validation.

Floyd is the butt of endless jokes; but the same people who mock him are likely the same people who pay to watch his fights. Floyd is a master troll, and he profits from his haters.

The UFC isn't a mainstream sport, yet she's still managed to succeed the way she has. His social media eclipses her in followers because he's been around since before Twitter was invented and has had far longer to amass a fanbase. Ronda's been fighting since 2012. You do the Math. Her star is rising faster than his ever has.

Ronda didn't start the comparison between her and Mayweather. Other people did that and she's run with it, because yeah, it is a good way to generate publicity.A strong woman kicking the shit out of a wife beater should appeal to anyone.

In any case, boxing's a dying sport. Sure, you had that Fight of the Century, but that was a $400 million dollar disappointment that only served to put people off the product entirely. Meanwhile, you had UFC 189 which is now viewed as the greatest event in the sport occur only a short time later. Mayweather and Pac-Man are the only really huge stars and their best days are long behind them. The UFC is churning out hot property like the Amish churn butter. Business is booming and the company's only gaining more steam.

Humankind didn't wipe out the neanderthal in a day, nor will the UFC overtake boxing anytime soon, but evolution is a gradual and beautiful thing, no?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@comicstooge: I don't buy the comparisons; the reason why she's risen so fast is because UFC fighters have less fights than boxers; they get a shot at championships after a few fights whereas boxers have to amass atleast 20 before even having a shot at a title. Even then, he was fighting during the 1990's which had heavyweights like Mike Tyson who took the spotlight. Floyd hasn't amassed a large fanbase because he's exciting, he did it because he's good at generating buzz (getting people to pay attention to him) and simply because he's the best at what he does. Ronda may not have started the comparison, but we've seen several UFC fighters (so not just Ronda) namedrop him to generate buzz because they can't get it without him; it makes them seem insecure namedropping a guy they'll never get the chance to fight.

In regards to the sport ''dying'' - I don't buy it; the sport has become much more popular in Europe and sells out entire stadiums; the Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight was a global phenomenon because boxing is watched around the world.

You then have UFC on Fox 11 struggling to pull in ratings (with reruns of Mike and Molly beating it), whereas boxing generates more millionaires. That might by no means be representative, but NBC Premier Boxing Championship (boxing on network TV) was able to easily compete with UFC on Fox for the 18-49 demographic this year.

That said, I don't think either sport will kill one another; both sports are not mainstream anymore (unless they come to network TV more) but I think both sports can co-exist; they both offer something different. They're not going to kill each other because they offer different experiences; the only thing threatening both is if they churn out shitty PPV deals. Boxing's popularity changes in surges, it's been declared ''dead'' or ''dying'' since before the 1960's.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@comicstooge: I don't buy the comparisons; the reason why she's risen so fast is because UFC fighters have less fights than boxers; they get a shot at championships after a few fights whereas boxers have to amass atleast 20 before even having a shot at a title. Even then, he was fighting during the 1990's which had heavyweights like Mike Tyson who took the spotlight. Floyd hasn't amassed a large fanbase because he's exciting, he did it because he's good at generating buzz (getting people to pay attention to him) and simply because he's the best at what he does. Ronda may not have started the comparison, but we've seen several UFC fighters (so not just Ronda) namedrop him to generate buzz because they can't get it without him; it makes them seem insecure namedropping a guy they'll never get the chance to fight.

In regards to the sport ''dying'' - I don't buy it; the sport has become much more popular in Europe and sells out entire stadiums; the Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight was a global phenomenon because boxing is watched around the world.

You then have UFC on Fox 11 struggling to pull in ratings (with reruns of Mike and Molly beating it), whereas boxing generates more millionaires. That might by no means be representative, but NBC Premier Boxing Championship (boxing on network TV) was able to easily compete with UFC on Fox for the 18-49 demographic this year.

That said, I don't think either sport will kill one another; both sports are not mainstream anymore (unless they come to network TV more) but I think both sports can co-exist; they both offer something different. They're not going to kill each other because they offer different experiences; the only thing threatening both is if they churn out shitty PPV deals.

Boxing has had well over a century on MMA in general to develop and become culturally ingrained as a sport, so it's no wonder it has more millionaires. MMA isn't even legal in places like New York and it's gone from practically underground sport to a global one in the span of about 10 years. I'm not sure how someone championing Mayweather could ever refer to another fighter as insecure when Floyd himself is probably the king of insecurity.

Mayweather vs Pacquiao was watched around the world and almost everyone who saw it was disappointed. The poster boy for the sport will probably be fighting a scrub on network television because he couldn't deliver on the biggest night of his life.

Regardless, I don't think this conversation is getting us anywhere and we've strayed from the topic.