Does the Media in general you think Report News or fabricate it these days?

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Does the Media in general you think Report News or fabricate it these days? (32 votes)

Yes. They report it accurately 3%
No. They exaggerate it and fabricate it 66%
Not sure, hard to say 19%
Neither, the media is just there these days with no purpose regardless of station 13%

So with all the controversial cases going on lately and generally speaking in the past 10 years or so even longer. It had me thinking, you know the media just isn't the same as say 100 years ago when they reported it. Sure some still do that if say an accident happens but more so talking controversial cases, politics and such.

Now, I'm sure some will say "this network is better than that network" but that's not really what I'm getting at here. Since that's all opinion or preference anyway, I have no doubt some stations try to sway people one way or another but more so wondering who else here feels the media in general does a poor job these days? I also feel this way because of cases where they may stalk say a baseball player or celebrity and reporting about that as oppose to worrying about more serious issues.

I used to watch the news but now days I don't bother, I think IMO at least doing your own research is the way to go these days.

What do you think? Is the media in general reliable? Or do you prefer to find accurate information on your own?

• 
Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

B.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Black_Arrow

They exaggerate and sometimes make news on rumors that aren´t proved.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

I think "distort it" would be the best term.

I always think it's funny when people talk about how bad one side of news is, FOX for instance, and then get their news from a side just as biased or worse on the other side, MSNBC for instance. If you want the real story, listen to both sides and do your own research.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

If you only knew.

Beata

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't say it's completely fabricated, but it does tend to be biased, especially the major news networks

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Yawn*

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batwatch said:

I think "distort it" would be the best term.

I always think it's funny when people talk about how bad one side of news is, FOX for instance, and then get their news from a side just as biased or worse on the other side, MSNBC for instance. If you want the real story, listen to both sides and do your own research.

True lol very true.

I've had a few friends or people in the past tell me "this is fact cause MSNBC or CNN say so" ABC, Fox whoever. I'm just like...really? lol

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

That's why we listen to PBS.

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They dont fabricate. They sensationalize.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The media is skewed.

It presents everything within a predetermined political context to please their/our political/corporate masters. It emphasizes certain things and ignores others in nearly every story with the goal being continued manipulation of the public and promotion of their/our bosses agendas.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The media is skewed.

It presents everything within a predetermined political context to please their/our political/corporate masters. It emphasizes certain things and ignores others in nearly every story with the goal being continued manipulation of the public and promotion of their/our bosses agendas.

Agreed.

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Deathstroker

Distort.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah they do. They only cover what they want to cover, use misleading headlines, bias on God tier levels, fearmonger and brainwash. It's basically propaganda.

If you want to see for yourself, watch MSNBC, Fox News, RT, Al Jazeera and others. Compare them and you will see they all have their own agendas.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's why we listen to PBS.

Ha, Bob Ross for the win!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

There's no such thing as completely accurate reporting. It's literally impossible.

kcjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kcjr

The media definitely shapes the news according to their agenda. Whether it's Fox news on the right or Msnbc on the left. Local news stations do a pretty decent job of reporting the news, but the big 24/7 news channels create a narrative.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By Erik
No Caption Provided

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares: Oh I think it's possible just difficult, especially these days when a lot of reporters are often biased.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallingcliffs: No, it is literally impossible to be 100% accurate in reporting. People are unable to observe and relay information without said information being effected by one's own perception of events, which never depicts the subject matter entirely accurately, ergo a reporter can never give a truly unbiased and accurate report.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@squares said:

@fallingcliffs: No, it is literally impossible to be 100% accurate in reporting. People are unable to observe and relay information without said information being effected by one's own perception of events, which never depicts the subject matter entirely accurately, ergo a reporter can never give a truly unbiased and accurate report.

In the literal sense, everything in impossible as in nobody is perfect. Of course, but I'm speaking from a more "doing your job well and fairly" perspective. It's not impossible. The way it used to be the media did a lot better job than now. There's always updates, mistakes when reporting etc but I'm talking more along the lines of people putting a twist on a story that's already developed. There's reporting a news story and just writing about it, then there's reporters who have to put in their two cents or flat out lie about something that's not even accurate because it servers their needs or what "they think" people want to hear.

So there I agree, however I disagree concerning the unbiased part. Look at Superman, sure he's fictional but there have been reporters like that that just go to their job, report the news as oppose to speculate or distort things as some others said in here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@squares: Most of the time Clark isn't biased...not in the sense I'm talking. If anything Lois is way more biased than Clark, Clark always tries his best to please and be fair to everyone not just one side. People tried making that claim about "him being pro USA" yet he protects the entire world, which kind of kills that theory. He preaches "I fight for Truth, Justice and the American way" because he was raised in Kansas....

He's not even human yet feels the need to protect humanity, when he could easily just do what he wants.

Hell, he even keeps aliens that lost their homes or don't have any in his Earth home the FOS. All in the same matter, so I don't see how he's biased. Especially Superman of all heroes. Other heroes I'd agree depending who it is, but guys like him, Hal Jordan are least of all given their responsibility to Earth and beyond.

N52 they made Superman more edgy however, but the core character tries to be as fair as possible.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Serbia the only thing they want is money. So most of the time media in my country is exaggarating and twisting the truth.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

It's all good though lol I see what you mean thanks for posting Squares girl :). I just love Superman a lot he just seems so different compared to most heroes and vigilantes he seems to try to always do the right thing compared to I dont know maybe someone like Ghost Rider or Batman who may be not as nice, know what I mean? :P But thanks for posting!

Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

B.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The media doesn't fabricate most of the time, but they do exaggerate

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's illegal to fabricate news in my country (as in, register a television channel here under the guise of being a "news outlet"). This is why Fox News failed to open a sister channel here a few years back. It was really funny at the time since they basically were outed for fabricating news, but this information was met with the usual outcry. Which is to say, none at all.

Key words: "Alleged", "Seems", "Unconfirmed" and my personal favourite, "Local residents claim." Use those and you can get away with saying anything.

BBC for the win.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

It's illegal to fabricate news in my country (as in, register a television channel here under the guise of being a "news outlet"). This is why Fox News failed to open a sister channel here a few years back. It was really funny at the time since they basically were outed for fabricating news, but this information was met with the usual outcry. Which is to say, none at all.

Key words: "Alleged", "Seems", "Unconfirmed" and my personal favourite, "Local residents claim." Use those and you can get away with saying anything.

BBC for the win.

Where do you reside?

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

@nickthedevil: Canada. Weird, eh?

On the contrary, Canada seems to be the only sane place these days.