Does Hiro Nakamura stand a chance against Zoom?

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Enemybird

In season 2episode 10... Peter and Hiro fought and neither were affected by the time being frozen. This is of course because they both possessed Hiro Nakamura's Time manipulation. My question is... Would Hiro be immune to Zolomons ability to slow down time relative to himself and thus be able to beat him?

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By HolySerpent

No....zooms powers are design to make himself fast...he doesn't alter time in the area like hiro. Zoom alters his own time frame to make himself seems fast

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HolySerpent

Actually I cold be wrong...so >_>

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Enemybird

@HolySerpent: lmao!!!

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By nickthedevil

No, you are right... Zoom alters his own time "bubble" because he is removed from time itself. Even if time were stopped, his time would be unaffected.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nickthedevil

In theory, it'd make Zoom seem even faster.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Nope, don't think Hiro could negate Zoom's only time manipulation

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Enemybird

@nickthedevil: My brain hurts!!!! So no matter what Hiro does ... from Zooms perspective he would always be slower? What if Hiro Speed time up to negate Zoom's abilities?

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HolySerpent

Hiro never learn how to speed time up....but if time was sped up to match zooms time acceleration then zooms powers should be cancel. I want to make it clear that hiro would lose to zoom.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ms__omega

Only if Hiro was amped by Ando he might stay alive longer but Zoom would still win.

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By deadpool25mm

@Enemybird: your L no? so lets see you solve this by urself!

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

Speedsters didn't work out well for Hiro if I remember correctly. He froze time to stop Daffney, but it didn't really affect her. And shes not even that fast.. Zoom would curbstomp Hiro, unless Hiro outsmarted him which is almost impossible not to do.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nickthedevil

@Enemybird: Jay garrick explains it best

No Caption Provided
Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Enemybird

@HolySerpent: Hiro could speed up time. check 1:09

@deadpool25mm said:

@Enemybird: your L no? so lets see you solve this by urself!

I'll try

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Speedsters didn't work out well for Hiro if I remember correctly. He froze time to stop Daffney, but it didn't really affect her. And shes not even that fast.. Zoom would curbstomp Hiro, unless Hiro outsmarted him which is almost impossible not to do.

Zolomon isn't a speedster...however I'm pretty sure zoom's time control > Hiro's

@nickthedevil: Here is an analogy... Imagine Zoom and Hiro timelines were Trains running parallel to each other. As mentioned by Jay Zoom's timeline is ahead of ours and he can also control how fast or slow he travels through time. If Hiro were to stop time its very likely that he would be unaffected because he exists on a separate timeline in his own bubble. Not only that... stopping time would slow the speed of Hiros train and as a result it would make zoom even faster. But what if Hiro Sped time up? Since Zoom is immune to Hiros time manipulation its safe to assume that Hiro cant effect the speed of Zooms train. But if Hiro sped up his own timeline couldn't he catch up to ZOOM's timeline? If its assumed that Hiro stopping time would make ZOOM faster than doing the opposite should have the opposite affect...

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HolySerpent

You said what I said to @nickthedevil but added more words...

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nickthedevil

@Enemybird: LOL well if that were to happen i don't know if Zoom can speed his time up even more.... But the question should be: what are Hiro's upper limits? How much can he slow time? Can he do it fast enough? And if he were to, would he be able to slow time enough to negate Zoom's power? And then if he does, it will all just come down to a fist fight... And Zoom still has superhuman durability.

see, Hal slams zoom into the bilboard... anyone with normal human durability would have most likely broken all the bones in their human body.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HolySerpent

Hiro cannot keep up with zooms time manipulation and that's a fact....

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nickthedevil

@HolySerpent said:

even if he could, he would then have to deal with a physically well fit human being with superhuman durability and stamina.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Enemybird

@nickthedevil said:

@HolySerpent said:

even if he could, he would then have to deal with a physically well fit human being with superhuman durability and stamina.

I must admit its a bit of a stretch to assume Hiro can negate Zoom's abilities by speeding up time. But if he could do it than IMO he could take down Zoom... Hiro would probably BFR him into a casket...

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jezer

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

It did affect her. Initially, she was frozen as well. But then, she asked him how he was doing it, broke out, and started walking around at normal human speed.

From her persepective, I guess that means that her perceptual speed is faster than her movement speed at that very moment(so she wasnt going full speed). That she noticed that Hiro was technically moving faster than her, and sped up to match him so that she could talk to him.

It was then revealed that Hiro doesn't stop time, but just slows it down extremely.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nickthedevil

@Enemybird said:

@nickthedevil said:

@HolySerpent said:

I must admit its a bit of a stretch to assume Hiro can negate Zoom's abilities by speeding up time. But if he could do it than IMO he could take down Zoom... Hiro would probably BFR him into a casket...

how would he BFR him?

SilverGalford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SilverGalford

i guess not