#1 Edited by Enemybird (3341 posts) - - Show Bio

In season 2episode 10... Peter and Hiro fought and neither were affected by the time being frozen. This is of course because they both possessed Hiro Nakamura's Time manipulation. My question is... Would Hiro be immune to Zolomons ability to slow down time relative to himself and thus be able to beat him?

#2 Posted by HolySerpent (12822 posts) - - Show Bio

No....zooms powers are design to make himself fast...he doesn't alter time in the area like hiro. Zoom alters his own time frame to make himself seems fast

#3 Posted by HolySerpent (12822 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually I cold be wrong...so >_>

#4 Posted by Enemybird (3341 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent: lmao!!!

#5 Posted by nickthedevil (13972 posts) - - Show Bio

No, you are right... Zoom alters his own time "bubble" because he is removed from time itself. Even if time were stopped, his time would be unaffected.

#6 Posted by nickthedevil (13972 posts) - - Show Bio

In theory, it'd make Zoom seem even faster.

#7 Posted by The Stegman (26082 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, don't think Hiro could negate Zoom's only time manipulation

#8 Posted by Enemybird (3341 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil: My brain hurts!!!! So no matter what Hiro does ... from Zooms perspective he would always be slower? What if Hiro Speed time up to negate Zoom's abilities?

#9 Posted by HolySerpent (12822 posts) - - Show Bio

Hiro never learn how to speed time up....but if time was sped up to match zooms time acceleration then zooms powers should be cancel. I want to make it clear that hiro would lose to zoom.

#10 Posted by Ms. Omega (4543 posts) - - Show Bio

Only if Hiro was amped by Ando he might stay alive longer but Zoom would still win.

#11 Posted by deadpool25mm (617 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enemybird: your L no? so lets see you solve this by urself!

#12 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

Speedsters didn't work out well for Hiro if I remember correctly. He froze time to stop Daffney, but it didn't really affect her. And shes not even that fast.. Zoom would curbstomp Hiro, unless Hiro outsmarted him which is almost impossible not to do.

#13 Edited by nickthedevil (13972 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enemybird: Jay garrick explains it best

#14 Posted by Enemybird (3341 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent: Hiro could speed up time. check 1:09

@deadpool25mm said:

@Enemybird: your L no? so lets see you solve this by urself!

I'll try

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Speedsters didn't work out well for Hiro if I remember correctly. He froze time to stop Daffney, but it didn't really affect her. And shes not even that fast.. Zoom would curbstomp Hiro, unless Hiro outsmarted him which is almost impossible not to do.

Zolomon isn't a speedster...however I'm pretty sure zoom's time control > Hiro's

@nickthedevil: Here is an analogy... Imagine Zoom and Hiro timelines were Trains running parallel to each other. As mentioned by Jay Zoom's timeline is ahead of ours and he can also control how fast or slow he travels through time. If Hiro were to stop time its very likely that he would be unaffected because he exists on a separate timeline in his own bubble. Not only that... stopping time would slow the speed of Hiros train and as a result it would make zoom even faster. But what if Hiro Sped time up? Since Zoom is immune to Hiros time manipulation its safe to assume that Hiro cant effect the speed of Zooms train. But if Hiro sped up his own timeline couldn't he catch up to ZOOM's timeline? If its assumed that Hiro stopping time would make ZOOM faster than doing the opposite should have the opposite affect...

#15 Posted by HolySerpent (12822 posts) - - Show Bio

You said what I said to @nickthedevil but added more words...

#16 Edited by nickthedevil (13972 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enemybird: LOL well if that were to happen i don't know if Zoom can speed his time up even more.... But the question should be: what are Hiro's upper limits? How much can he slow time? Can he do it fast enough? And if he were to, would he be able to slow time enough to negate Zoom's power? And then if he does, it will all just come down to a fist fight... And Zoom still has superhuman durability.

see, Hal slams zoom into the bilboard... anyone with normal human durability would have most likely broken all the bones in their human body.

#17 Posted by HolySerpent (12822 posts) - - Show Bio

Hiro cannot keep up with zooms time manipulation and that's a fact....

#18 Posted by nickthedevil (13972 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

even if he could, he would then have to deal with a physically well fit human being with superhuman durability and stamina.

#19 Posted by Enemybird (3341 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil said:

@HolySerpent said:

even if he could, he would then have to deal with a physically well fit human being with superhuman durability and stamina.

I must admit its a bit of a stretch to assume Hiro can negate Zoom's abilities by speeding up time. But if he could do it than IMO he could take down Zoom... Hiro would probably BFR him into a casket...

#20 Edited by Jezer (3179 posts) - - Show Bio

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

It did affect her. Initially, she was frozen as well. But then, she asked him how he was doing it, broke out, and started walking around at normal human speed.

From her persepective, I guess that means that her perceptual speed is faster than her movement speed at that very moment(so she wasnt going full speed). That she noticed that Hiro was technically moving faster than her, and sped up to match him so that she could talk to him.

It was then revealed that Hiro doesn't stop time, but just slows it down extremely.

#21 Posted by nickthedevil (13972 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enemybird said:

@nickthedevil said:

@HolySerpent said:

I must admit its a bit of a stretch to assume Hiro can negate Zoom's abilities by speeding up time. But if he could do it than IMO he could take down Zoom... Hiro would probably BFR him into a casket...

how would he BFR him?

#22 Posted by SilverGalford (3241 posts) - - Show Bio

i guess not