• 65 results
#1 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a friend that claims everyone cheats on their boyfriend/girlfriend, and honestly believes this is a fact (despite there being no proof on his account). This is because he cheats on his girlfriend, who is several miles away at another college. I assume he's a bit insecure about this, so he claims everyone does it to hide his guilt. And, I know his girlfriend as well, but she doesn't know, let alone suspect anything. As much as he stresses this, I never agree with him. I think that everyone is capable of cheating, but not everyone cheats. When I say this, he tells me I'm being naive and oblivious... LOL. He says everyone cheats as if it's unconscious decision everyone makes; that everyone just cheats for the hell of it; that everyone lets the idea of cheating think for them. How can this be?

I think that everyone is capable of cheating, but not everyone cheats. There are people out there that truly care for their partners enough to stay faithful. And, I can admit, there are times when you can't really tell if your partner is cheating you. Because if they say they aren't, there's a chance they could be lying. But since many people won't come up front about it, it's sometimes best to find out the truth for yourself. And there's nothing wrong with finding out the truth.

I honestly feel that there are just as many people that cheat as there are that don't cheat. For those that say yes, there are those that say no. On the idea of it all, it normally depends on the person you're with, but I don't wanna go into detail about it yet... So, do you think everyone cheats, or have you cheated or been cheated on before?

#2 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

i havn't and never been cheated on

#3 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30074 posts) - - Show Bio

Not cheated on a boyfriend. Never will.. Been cheated on though...

#4 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, everyone who doesn't mind going to Hell. I have a few Christian buddies, who I know, would not cheat. At all. In fact, when my friend sees a girl he wants to date, he cuts himself off from any other potential mate, to just set his sights on that one.

#5 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

no...

i've been cheated on before, but i have never cheated on any of my girlfriends in the past and i have no intention of ever doing so...

M

#6 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Did anyone read that novel at the top?

lol

Nope never cheated...nor cheated on...as far as i know

#7 Posted by lady_redhead (9592 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep Ive been cheate on and i have cheated... once...

But i would never do i again, but if my partner cheated on me i would take the time to work out why and work through it.

#8 Posted by danhimself (22275 posts) - - Show Bio

i had this girlfriend awhile back and she was cheating on me all the time and i was cheating on her all the time it was the worst relationship ive ever been in...so to answer your question just because a few do doesn't mean everyone else does

#9 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

#10 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude. For revenge? Just break her neck. Problem solved.

#11 Posted by Spiderman 2099 (130 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with Static.

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91107 posts) - - Show Bio

I only cheat for revenge.Other than that...faithful.

#13 Posted by Vance Astro (91107 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"Dude. For revenge? Just break her neck. Problem solved."

Then I'd go to jail...

#14 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"I only cheat for revenge.Other than that...faithful."

Two wrongs don't make a right, Vance. :(

#15 Posted by Vance Astro (91107 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Vance Astro says:
"I only cheat for revenge.Other than that...faithful."
Two wrongs don't make a right, Vance. :("

They don't but it makes me feel better.When someone is cheating on you and your being faithful,for me the only way to feel better about it is if i'm doing the same thing.

#16 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"They don't but it makes me feel better.When someone is cheating on you and your being faithful,for me the only way to feel better about it is if i'm doing the same thing."

That just makes you as low as them. No common ground there. Instead of stooping to that level, you should humble yourself and not let yourself get down her level... But, whatever decision you make is yours...

#17 Posted by Ebony Bishop (767 posts) - - Show Bio

Never cheated, never been cheated on...and really can't believe anyone could actually believe that everyone does.

#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91107 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Vance Astro says:
"They don't but it makes me feel better.When someone is cheating on you and your being faithful,for me the only way to feel better about it is if i'm doing the same thing."
That just makes you as low as them. No common ground there. Instead of stooping to that level, you should humble yourself and not let yourself get down her level... But, whatever decision you make is yours..."

So,what do you do if you find out a girl is cheating you? You just break-up with her and let it go?

#19 Posted by Ebony Bishop (767 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Static Shock says:
"Vance Astro says:
That just makes you as low as them. No common ground there. Instead of stooping to that level, you should humble yourself and not let yourself get down her level... But, whatever decision you make is yours..."

So,what do you do if you find out a girl is cheating you? You just break-up with her and let it go?"

Well, that would be the mature thing to do.

#20 Posted by Spiderman 2099 (130 posts) - - Show Bio

No offense to your friend Static, but if anyone actually believes, 100%, that everyone cheats is a stupid person Its stupid to say everyone does this or likes that.

#21 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"So,what do you do if you find out a girl is cheating you? You just break-up with her and let it go?"

Exactly. If she's cheating on you, she wasn't meant to be with you in the first place. With that being said, let her go and continue to find someone that deserves you. Then again, there are some that learn from their mistakes and never cheat on their partners again. If you cheat on her to get back at her, it doesn't make it any better. It'll make you just as dirty as she is, no matter what.

Spiderman 2099 says:

No offense to your friend Static, but if anyone actually believes, 100%, that everyone cheats is a stupid person Its stupid to say everyone does this or likes that.

Well, I agree. But, as much as I think this is stupid for someone to think that, everyone is still entitled to their opinion. And, there are reasons why he feels this way.

#22 Posted by Vance Astro (91107 posts) - - Show Bio

Ebony Bishop says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Static Shock says:
"Vance Astro says:
So,what do you do if you find out a girl is cheating you? You just break-up with her and let it go?"
Well, that would be the mature thing to do."

Who cares,what's mature.It's about how I feel.I was with a girl one time who had given head to half the startin line up on the basketball team.I was the only person on the startin line-up she hadn't done anything sexual with..and I was her boyfriend.I'm not going to let that slide.You deprive me off sex and give it to everyone else...you have to pay for that.

#23 Posted by crazy spidey (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

#24 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Who cares,what's mature.It's about how I feel.I was with a girl one time who had given head to half the startin line up on the basketball team.I was the only person on the startin line-up she hadn't done anything sexual with..and I was her boyfriend.I'm not going to let that slide.You deprive me off sex and give it to everyone else...you have to pay for that. "

Damn. That's f@cked up

#25 Posted by Ebony Bishop (767 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Who cares,what's mature.It's about how I feel.I was with a girl one time who had given head to half the startin line up on the basketball team.I was the only person on the startin line-up she hadn't done anything sexual with..and I was her boyfriend.I'm not going to let that slide.You deprive me off sex and give it to everyone else...you have to pay for that. "

Hey, do what you want. I was just answering your question. If you break up with them, you're the bigger person, and you can retain some measure of dignity and pride. If you cheat as well, you're just as bad as them. But if that makes you feel better, than that's your choice to make.

#26 Posted by Vance Astro (91107 posts) - - Show Bio

Ebony Bishop says:

"Vance Astro says:
Hey, do what you want. I was just answering your question. If you break up with them, you're the bigger person, and you can retain some measure of dignity and pride. If you cheat as well, you're just as bad as them. But if that makes you feel better, than that's your choice to make. "

Dignity...pride? In the country where people are praised my how many girls the bone...I would say I wouldbe doing myself justice in the eyes of many.

#27 Posted by Ebony Bishop (767 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Ebony Bishop says:
"Vance Astro says:
Hey, do what you want. I was just answering your question. If you break up with them, you're the bigger person, and you can retain some measure of dignity and pride. If you cheat as well, you're just as bad as them. But if that makes you feel better, than that's your choice to make. "

Dignity...pride? In the country where people are praised my how many girls the bone...I would say I wouldbe doing myself justice in the eyes of many."

No, teenagers are praised on how many "girls they bone". And if the people who's eyes you'd be "doing justice" are impressed by that, why are you so concerned about fidelity anyways? Clearly these people aren't impressed by your faithfulness.

#28 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Dignity...pride? In the country where people are praised my how many girls the bone...I would say I wouldbe doing myself justice in the eyes of many."

So, it's right because society says it is? Don't you think it's better to think for yourself?

#29 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"I'm not saying it's right for people to feel that way.I'm saying if I feel that i've done something right and nobody says anything is wrong with it...i'm not going to feel bad about it."

Then that begs the question. Don't you think it's better to think for yourself?

#30 Posted by Vance Astro (91107 posts) - - Show Bio

Ebony Bishop says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Ebony Bishop says:
"Vance Astro says:
Dignity...pride? In the country where people are praised my how many girls the bone...I would say I wouldbe doing myself justice in the eyes of many."
No, *teenagers* are praised on how many "girls they bone". And if the people who's eyes you'd be "doing justice" are impressed by that, why are you so concerned about fidelity anyways? Clearly these people aren't impressed by your faithfulness. "

No,i'm pretty sure people don't stop giving you props on that just because your grown.Either way..i'm not an unfaithful person neither is anyone I associate with...my point was that sometimes I feel cheating is neccessary.

#31 Posted by Vance Astro (91107 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Dignity...pride? In the country where people are praised my how many girls the bone...I would say I wouldbe doing myself justice in the eyes of many."
So, it's right because society says it is? Don't you think it's better to **think for yourself**? "

I'm not saying it's right for people to feel that way.I'm saying if I feel that i've done something right and nobody says anything is wrong with it...i'm not going to feel bad about it.

#32 Posted by Vance Astro (91107 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Vance Astro says:
"I'm not saying it's right for people to feel that way.I'm saying if I feel that i've done something right and nobody says anything is wrong with it...i'm not going to feel bad about it."
Then that begs the question. **Don't you think it's better to think for yourself?**"

I do think for myself...hold on,let me give you a scenario.

If the neighbors cat keeps running in my house..and one day I decide,I'm tired of this damn cat,i'm gonna throw it over a fence or run it over with my car.That is what I thought was ok to do at the moment.But if one of my friends is like...damn n#gga,you seriously gonna run over that cat,that's not right to do that to animals.Even though i'm still ok with my decision,I am still going to remember what he said and feel some type of way about it.

#33 Posted by Spiderman 2099 (130 posts) - - Show Bio

Longshot says:

"I've cheated :) "

Yourself doesn't count. ;)

#34 Posted by Longshot (312 posts) - - Show Bio

I've cheated :)

#35 Posted by King Saturn (223798 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah. I have never chated on any girlfriend I have been with. But sometimes situations arise that can really test your faithfulness with a person. A few days ago... I was having issues with a chick at my job that had the hots for me and she was married. I had to straight out tell her I had a girlfriend, and control myself from getting into a compromising situation.

#36 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Longshot says:

Any reason why?

#37 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#38 Posted by Longshot (312 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Longshot says:

Any reason why?"

Boredom.lol.

#39 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

spiderman, of whom is your av of?

#40 Posted by Vance Astro (91107 posts) - - Show Bio

Longshot says:

"Static Shock says:
"Longshot says:
Any reason why?"
Boredom.lol."

LMFAO.

#41 Posted by Vance Astro (91107 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized says:

"spiderman, of whom is your av of?"

Spider-Man 2099.

#42 Posted by Longshot (312 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Longshot says:
"Static Shock says:
"Longshot says:
Any reason why?"
Boredom.lol."

LMFAO."

She kept doing the same damn trick with her tongue,come on now ^_^

#43 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

gross longshot

#44 Posted by Vance Astro (91107 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao@ Longshot.I know what you mean.

#45 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Longshot says:

"She kept doing the same damn trick with her tongue,come on now ^_^"

Well, if your girl can't constantly please you, I can't blame you for cheating...

#46 Posted by Vance Astro (91107 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Longshot says:
" She kept doing the same damn trick with her tongue,come on now ^_^"
Well, if your girl can't constantly please you, I can't blame you for cheating..."

Is that sarcasm?

#47 Posted by King Saturn (223798 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Longshot says:
" She kept doing the same damn trick with her tongue,come on now ^_^"
Well, if your girl can't constantly please you, I can't blame you for cheating..."

I agree

#48 Posted by Longshot (312 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Lmao@ Longshot.I know what you mean."

Right?It gets old after awhile lol

#49 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Is that sarcasm?"

Sadly, it isn't. People who can't please their partners is the main reason why relationships go bad. If you can't please and cater to your partner, then you can't blame him/her for cheating.

#50 Posted by triple7 (389 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Vance Astro says:
" Is that sarcasm?"
Sadly, it isn't. People who can't please their partners is the main reason why relationships go bad. If you can't please and cater to your partner, then you can't blame him/her for cheating."

Money agruements are the main reason for divorce. And no not everyone cheats.