Does anyone else think Babs is gorgeous?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for greenlantern555
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By GreenLantern555
@Gylan Thomas said:

" @GreenLantern555 said:

" @Gylan Thomas said:
" @GreenLantern555 said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
" @GreenLantern555 said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
" @GreenLantern555 said:
" @CaptainCockblock said:

Okay listen, when it all comes down to it, looks are what starts the relationship or interest for that matter. I don't care how good of a person they are or how bad they are, looks are the key. It's what starts the conversation which could eventually lead somewhere. Now, I'm not saying that personality isn't important, because it is HUGE, but looks are the keystone. I know personally nothing about Babs, but from an outsider in her life, she is gorgeous. ;-) "
I totally disagree. I see a good lookin' girl that's all I see. I aint even a little interested in anything real unless she's got more goin' on.  Right, that little serious momment's out of the way. Back to the sillyness. "
That's what I was saying. You look at a girl and the only thing that you can even be interested in is her looks. And if you don't find her attractive then you won't give her your time. Same with girls with guys. "
But that's actually not what I'm sayin'. When I see an attractive woman I know she's attractive but I'm not attracted to her. A physically unattractive woman with smarts and a sense of humour would have more chance of getting noticed by me. "
I don't believe that at all. Lets say that you are in a club or bar or whatever and you see a girl that you don't know whatsoever. Your not going to go "Wow, i like her cause see is smart. I'm going to go and talk with her." That's not how is happens. You first notice the girl because to you there is something about her that you find gorgeous or attractive. "
Not in my case bud. Maybe I'm the exception that proofs the rule.  The club thing doesn't apply to me either. I've very rarely gone looking for a woman in a club. Worst place to find someone. The few occations I have it's been more about my bllod/ alcohol level than how attractive they are. "
So you're saying that the person you spend the rest of your life with (if that's what you want, it's not for everyone) doesn't have to be attractive? And I mean physical standards are subjective because everyone has their own definition of "beauty", but the question still applies. "
Pretty much yeah. Bonus if she is and if she's physically repulsive the sex might be awkward but just because I find someone attractive doesn't mean I'm attracted tothem. Never worked that way for me.  If any thing, in my own experience, I've found the conventional hotties turn me off. More often than not i've found them to be shallow and arrogant. Some deep thinkin' behind that opinion and obviously it doesn't apply across the board but that's what I've found.  
The term "  just because I find someone attractive doesn't mean I'm attracted to them" doesn't make any sense btw. 

I'm not talking about hotties. I am talking about what you find beautiful. Whether that be freckles or if they like to eat garbage it doesn't matter. Beauty is the key term here. Not bangability.
Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#152  Edited By Cherry Bomb
@Gylan Thomas said:
" @Cherry Bomb said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
" @Cherry Bomb said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Cherry Bomb said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Cherry Bomb: I'm slightly concerned that you've turned his name in to a verb.   On a side note, Coonced sounds like code for getting completely wasted. "
Well he certainly makes me love drunk  ;) wooo. "
Just don't get drunk on the new wheels. Just polished the chrome on my baby. "
you planning on riding me home afterwards or something? :P

@tensor said:
" @Gylan Thomas:  lol the name says it all cherry bomb "
:P what is that supposed to mean, eh? "
I think he's callin' you a ho Chery! Let's get all northern England on him :P "
Oh hell no!   Hold mah sh*t ..... this is gonna get nasty. "
LOL in capitals :D  Ladies and gentlemen I give you Cherry Bomb. Beauty and sense of humour. University stoodent too so let's assume she's got smarts to.  (You hear me SuperCoonce? ) "
shhh shhh!  :P he might see this!  >_<
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#153  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Calvin said:
@Vance Astro: Nerdy in comicvine? Really? 

Yea...really.
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By GreenLantern555
@Cherry Bomb said:
" @GreenLantern555:@Gylan Thomas:   I agree with both of you kinda.  If a guy is totally ugly, then I will not give him the time of day. It's harsh and shallow, but it's true. I think a physical attraction is necessary in a relationship, but personality outweighs it. So if a guy is reasonably good-lucking and has a nice personality, then I'd give him a shot. But I tend to not go for the guys who are obviously hot, since a lot them turn into douchebags ... or are really vain. "
I agree totally that personality outweighs the looks. By tenfold. Basically I agree with everything above.
Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#155  Edited By Gylan Thomas
@NexusOfLight said:
" @Gylan Thomas: Not sayin' that you're lyin' or nothin', but I just find that extremely hard to believe. It's like when you pick up a comic for the first time. You notice the cover art first, because it's the first thing you see, and from there you make the decision to see if it's worth getting to know. The cover art/looks is just what starts it. That's what I'm sure GreenLantern's trying to point out. Now, I will admit that looks aren't the only way to start something, but it's definitely one of the easiest things for we as humans to do. That's why people say don't judge a book by it's cover. If people didn't judge based on looks (which everyone does) then it wouldn't be an issue. "
You're over simplifing dude.
A woman is not a comic. She's a much deeper than all together. If you want to be happy with a woman you gotta use a different system to start a relationship than you use to choose a 10 minute read. 

Just because looks are the easiest way to notice someone doesn't mean it's the best way. We as humans should be able to think beyond that and make more informed decisions.
Nothin' worth havin' in life comes easy.
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By GreenLantern555
@NexusOfLight said:
" @Gylan Thomas: Not sayin' that you're lyin' or nothin', but I just find that extremely hard to believe. It's like when you pick up a comic for the first time. You notice the cover art first, because it's the first thing you see, and from there you make the decision to see if it's worth getting to know. The cover art/looks is just what starts it. That's what I'm sure GreenLantern's trying to point out. Now, I will admit that looks aren't the only way to start something, but it's definitely one of the easiest things for we as humans to do. That's why people say don't judge a book by it's cover. If people didn't judge based on looks (which everyone does) then it wouldn't be an issue. "
That's exactly what I am saying. ;-)
Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#157  Edited By Calvin

Hey look Babs is online. LOL

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Gylan Thomas
@GreenLantern555 said:
" The term "  just because I find someone attractive doesn't mean I'm attracted to them" doesn't make any sense btw.  I'm not talking about hotties. I am talking about what you find beautiful. Whether that be freckles or if they like to eat garbage it doesn't matter. Beauty is the key term here. Not bangability. "
The fact you felt the need to point that out when I'm sure you really knew what I meant makes no sense to me.
Just finding someone physically attractive is not enough for me to actually be attracted to them.
BaldursFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By BaldursFate
@NexusOfLight: @Gylan Thomas: @GreenLantern555: People people people, lets just agree on one thing. B*tches, can't live with'em...and that's about the size of it.
Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Gylan Thomas
@Cherry Bomb said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
" @Cherry Bomb said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
" @Cherry Bomb said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Cherry Bomb said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Cherry Bomb: I'm slightly concerned that you've turned his name in to a verb.   On a side note, Coonced sounds like code for getting completely wasted. "

@tensor said:
LOL in capitals :D  Ladies and gentlemen I give you Cherry Bomb. Beauty and sense of humour. University stoodent too so let's assume she's got smarts to.  (You hear me SuperCoonce? ) "
shhh shhh!  :P he might see this!  >_< "
It's out there in the public domain now :P
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#161  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@BaldursFate said:
" @NexusOfLight: @Gylan Thomas: @GreenLantern555: People people people, lets just agree on one thing. B*tches, can't live with'em...and that's about the size of it. "
I can't live without women...b#tches are disposable.
RetolledTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#162  Edited By RetolledTruth

She beautiful...but as you can see we were all aware of that....this accomplished nothing 

SHE LOOK GOOD =)

GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By GreenLantern555
@Gylan Thomas said:
" @NexusOfLight said:
You're over simplifing dude. A woman is not a comic. She's a much deeper than all together. If you want to be happy with a woman you gotta use a different system to start a relationship than you use to choose a 10 minute read.   Just because looks are the easiest way to notice someone doesn't mean it's the best way. We as humans should be able to think beyond that and make more informed decisions. Nothin' worth havin' in life comes easy. "
I think you are over simplifying. It was just a metaphor of the animal state of mind. People would love for everyone to not "judge a book by its cover" but it's nature. I'm going to throw another metaphor out there. Hippos find a mate but judging how big the other is. Yes i know that personality in the animal world is void but the fact that all animals choose a mate based on looks is universal. for anything. Then the personality attraction can kick in.
NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By NexusOfLight
@Gylan Thomas said:
" @NexusOfLight said:
You're over simplifing dude. A woman is not a comic. She's a much deeper than all together. If you want to be happy with a woman you gotta use a different system to start a relationship than you use to choose a 10 minute read.   Just because looks are the easiest way to notice someone doesn't mean it's the best way. We as humans should be able to think beyond that and make more informed decisions. Nothin' worth havin' in life comes easy. "
No, not simplifying, I'm using a comic as a metaphor here. Of course a woman is deeper than a quick read, but the same thing applies. In both cases, content outweighs looks. The cover art of a comic book could be this amazing piece of art drawn by Alex Ross, but the story is ultimately what determines whether you like the comic. Just like the looks of a woman could be the best thing in the world (in your eyes of course. Beauty is subjective) but if the personality doesn't match, then you know she's not the one for you, but in both cases, the looks, or cover art, gets your attention. That's it. Attention is the thing GreenLantern is trying to say, and on that point, I agree with him. People do it all the time. It's part of what makes us people.
NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By NexusOfLight
@Vance Astro said:
" @BaldursFate said:
" @NexusOfLight: @Gylan Thomas: @GreenLantern555: People people people, lets just agree on one thing. B*tches, can't live with'em...and that's about the size of it. "
I can't live without women...b#tches are disposable. "
I can go with that.
Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Gylan Thomas
@GreenLantern555 said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
" @NexusOfLight said:
I think you are over simplifying. It was just a metaphor of the animal state of mind. People would love for everyone to not "judge a book by its cover" but it's nature. I'm going to throw another metaphor out there. Hippos find a mate but judging how big the other is. Yes i know that personality in the animal world is void but the fact that all animals choose a mate based on looks is universal. for anything. Then the personality attraction can kick in. "
We're self aware and  capable of abstract thought. We can think beyond our animal brains.
I'm not saying I'm perfect but I know I can think beyond impulse and instinct.
Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#167  Edited By Cherry Bomb
@Gylan Thomas said:
" @Cherry Bomb said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
" @Cherry Bomb said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
" @Cherry Bomb said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Cherry Bomb said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:

@tensor said:
It's out there in the public domain now :P "
you douche :P
Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Gylan Thomas
@Cherry Bomb said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
" @Cherry Bomb said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
" @Cherry Bomb said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
" @Cherry Bomb said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Cherry Bomb said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:

@tensor said:
It's out there in the public domain now :P "
you douche :P "
Gotta be in it to win it missy :D
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By GreenLantern555
@Gylan Thomas said:
" @GreenLantern555 said:
" The term "  just because I find someone attractive doesn't mean I'm attracted to them" doesn't make any sense btw.  I'm not talking about hotties. I am talking about what you find beautiful. Whether that be freckles or if they like to eat garbage it doesn't matter. Beauty is the key term here. Not bangability. "
The fact you felt the need to point that out when I'm sure you really knew what I meant makes no sense to me. Just finding someone physically attractive is not enough for me to actually be attracted to  them.  
Well, I get  that. I'm sorry for pointing it out, I just needed to think about it.  

You can be attracted to someone and then get to know them and not be attracted to them. I'm not saying that doesn't happen. Personality can through off physical attraction a lot. I am just saying that the outside affects whether or not you get to know them deeper or not to find that inner attractiveness. 
Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Gylan Thomas
@NexusOfLight said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
" @NexusOfLight said:
No, not simplifying, I'm using a comic as a metaphor here. Of course a woman is deeper than a quick read, but the same thing applies. In both cases, content outweighs looks. The cover art of a comic book could be this amazing piece of art drawn by Alex Ross, but the story is ultimately what determines whether you like the comic. Just like the looks of a woman could be the best thing in the world (in your eyes of course. Beauty is subjective) but if the personality doesn't match, then you know she's not the one for you, but in both cases, the looks, or cover art, gets your attention. That's it. Attention is the thing GreenLantern is trying to say, and on that point, I agree with him. People do it all the time. It's part of what makes us people. "
I understand metaphors gentleman but I still feel it's an over simplification in this case.
I also understand what Greenlanternguy's sayin' and I'm fully aware it happens. I'm simply explaining something else that also happens. Offering a new perspective.
We're not dogs chasing cars. We don't all operate on pure instinct.
RetolledTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#171  Edited By RetolledTruth

IN SOVIET RUSSIA BEAUTIFUL IS BABS 

No Caption Provided
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By GreenLantern555
@Gylan Thomas said:
" @NexusOfLight said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
" @NexusOfLight said:
No, not simplifying, I'm using a comic as a metaphor here. Of course a woman is deeper than a quick read, but the same thing applies. In both cases, content outweighs looks. The cover art of a comic book could be this amazing piece of art drawn by Alex Ross, but the story is ultimately what determines whether you like the comic. Just like the looks of a woman could be the best thing in the world (in your eyes of course. Beauty is subjective) but if the personality doesn't match, then you know she's not the one for you, but in both cases, the looks, or cover art, gets your attention. That's it. Attention is the thing GreenLantern is trying to say, and on that point, I agree with him. People do it all the time. It's part of what makes us people. "
I understand metaphors gentleman but I still feel it's an over simplification in this case. I also understand what Greenlanternguy's sayin' and I'm fully aware it happens. I'm simply explaining something else that also happens. Offering a new perspective. We're not dogs chasing cars. We don't all operate on pure instinct. "
You look at a girl who you find sexually attractive and you get a boner is instinct that you can't control. Just the same, you can't control the fact that the person you fall in love with is also, in your mind, physically attractive.
Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Gylan Thomas
@GreenLantern555 said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
" @GreenLantern555 said:
The fact you felt the need to point that out when I'm sure you really knew what I meant makes no sense to me. Just finding someone physically attractive is not enough for me to actually be attracted to  them.  
Well, I get  that. I'm sorry for pointing it out, I just needed to think about it.   You can be attracted to someone and then get to know them and not be attracted to them. I'm not saying that doesn't happen. Personality can through off physical attraction a lot. I am just saying that the outside affects whether or not you get to know them deeper or not to find that inner attractiveness.  "
And I'm just sayin' it can go the other way too.
Someone can not even notice someone on any physical level but fall hard for who that person is based on personality. So looks aren't always the start point.

I used to work in a night club way back in the day. Lotta students and young staff would come and go. One barmaid passed through who I was not at all attracted to. She wasn't unattractive. I just wasn't attracted to her. I remember she had a big mole on her arm that I found kinda off putting.
I worked with her for a while and got to know her. Before I knew it I was pretty much crazy about her and even started to find her physically attractive.

Stranger than fiction.
Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Gylan Thomas
@GreenLantern555 said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
" @NexusOfLight said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
" @NexusOfLight said:
I understand metaphors gentleman but I still feel it's an over simplification in this case. I also understand what Greenlanternguy's sayin' and I'm fully aware it happens. I'm simply explaining something else that also happens. Offering a new perspective. We're not dogs chasing cars. We don't all operate on pure instinct. "
You look at a girl who you find sexually attractive and you get a boner is instinct that you can't control. Just the same, you can't control the fact that the person you fall in love with is also, in your mind, physically attractive. "
You can't control the boner but you can control how you react to it.
Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#175  Edited By Agent Buttons
WOW
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Knightly1

HOw in the world did tis thread get so far? I guess really has some love on this site.
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By MrDirector786

I think Babs is hot. :P

GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By GreenLantern555
@Gylan Thomas said:
" @GreenLantern555 said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
" @GreenLantern555 said:
Well, I get  that. I'm sorry for pointing it out, I just needed to think about it.   You can be attracted to someone and then get to know them and not be attracted to them. I'm not saying that doesn't happen. Personality can through off physical attraction a lot. I am just saying that the outside affects whether or not you get to know them deeper or not to find that inner attractiveness.  "
And I'm just sayin' it can go the other way too. Someone can not even notice someone on any physical level but fall hard for who that person is based on personality. So looks aren't always the start point.  I used to work in a night club way back in the day. Lotta students and young staff would come and go. One barmaid passed through who I was not at all attracted to. She wasn't unattractive. I just wasn't attracted to her. I remember she had a big mole on her arm that I found kinda off putting. I worked with her for a while and got to know her. Before I knew it I was pretty much crazy about her and even started to find her physically attractive.  Stranger than fiction. "
I understand that completely. I have been there  more than once. I do understand that people fall for others based on personality. But when you are going out and trying to find someone looks play a huge process in the "getting to know eachother" phase of any relationship.
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Knightly1

This. Listen to this and you can't go wrong.
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By GreenLantern555
@Gylan Thomas said:
" @GreenLantern555 said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
" @NexusOfLight said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
" @NexusOfLight said:
You look at a girl who you find sexually attractive and you get a boner is instinct that you can't control. Just the same, you can't control the fact that the person you fall in love with is also, in your mind, physically attractive. "
You can't control the boner but you can control how you react to it. "
But my point was that have it. Being attracted to someone who you would want to get to know and just deciding not to is different than not finding them attractive at all.
Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Gylan Thomas
@OblivionKnight said:
"

This. Listen to this and you can't go wrong. "
It already gone wrong with the "b#tches" part :P
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By GreenLantern555
@Gylan Thomas said:
" @OblivionKnight said:
"

It already gone wrong with the "b#tches" part :P "
For once we agree ;-)
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Knightly1
@GreenLantern555 said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
" @OblivionKnight said:
"

For once we agree ;-) "

How do you mean?
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By GreenLantern555
@OblivionKnight said:
" @GreenLantern555 said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
" @OblivionKnight said:
"

For once we agree ;-) "
How do you mean? "
I was talking to Gylan. Sorry about that.
Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Gylan Thomas
@OblivionKnight said:
" HOw in the world did tis thread get so far? I guess really has some love on this site. "
It moved a little off topic :P

@GreenLantern555 said:
"And I'm just sayin' it can go the other way too. Someone can not even notice someone on any physical level but fall hard for who that person is based on personality. So looks aren't always the start point.  I used to work in a night club way back in the day. Lotta students and young staff would come and go. One barmaid passed through who I was not at all attracted to. She wasn't unattractive. I just wasn't attracted to her. I remember she had a big mole on her arm that I found kinda off putting. I worked with her for a while and got to know her. Before I knew it I was pretty much crazy about her and even started to find her physically attractive.  Stranger than fiction. 
"I understand that completely. I have been there  more than once. I do understand that people fall for others based on personality. But when you are going out and trying to find someone looks play a huge process in the "getting to know eachother" phase of any relationship. "
I'm not sure I understand.
looks play little to no part in the "getting to know each other phase" because they have little to nothin' to do with who a person is. 

Maybe I can't relate to this part though. I don't tend to go looking for someone. In my own phylosophy it's counter productive. I'd rather hold out untill I meet someone through the course of my day than go out looking for someone. Looking for a relationship is like shopping hungry. You'll just buy what ever junk food you can find. 
When I get to liking someone I know by that point there's something more there than just physicall attraction and the desire to be with someone or have sex.
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Knightly1
@GreenLantern555 said:
" @OblivionKnight said:
" @GreenLantern555 said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
" @OblivionKnight said:
"

For once we agree ;-) "
How do you mean? "
I was talking to Gylan. Sorry about that. "

Oh, tha's a mistake on my part anyways.
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By GreenLantern555
@Gylan Thomas said:
" @OblivionKnight said:
" HOw in the world did tis thread get so far? I guess really has some love on this site. "
It moved a little off topic :P

@GreenLantern555 said:
"And I'm just sayin' it can go the other way too. Someone can not even notice someone on any physical level but fall hard for who that person is based on personality. So looks aren't always the start point.  I used to work in a night club way back in the day. Lotta students and young staff would come and go. One barmaid passed through who I was not at all attracted to. She wasn't unattractive. I just wasn't attracted to her. I remember she had a big mole on her arm that I found kinda off putting. I worked with her for a while and got to know her. Before I knew it I was pretty much crazy about her and even started to find her physically attractive.  Stranger than fiction. 
"I understand that completely. I have been there  more than once. I do understand that people fall for others based on personality. But when you are going out and trying to find someone looks play a huge process in the "getting to know eachother" phase of any relationship. "
I'm not sure I understand. looks play little to no part in the "getting to know each other phase" because they have little to nothin' to do with who a person is.   Maybe I can't relate to this part though. I don't tend to go looking for someone. In my own phylosophy it's counter productive. I'd rather hold out untill I meet someone through the course of my day than go out looking for someone. Looking for a relationship is like shopping hungry. You'll just buy what ever junk food you can find.  When I get to liking someone I know by that point there's something more there than just physicall attraction and the desire to be with someone or have sex. "  

I was just saying when you go up to someone and talk with them, it's usually  urged on by the fact you find them attractive.  

I respect that immensely. If you have your own way of dealing with relationships, who the hell am I to tell you otherwise. I was just talking from general consensus and observations. I wish I was more like you; more patient.
Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Gylan Thomas
@Gylan Thomas said:
" @OblivionKnight said:
"

I think we do sort of agree. I understand your point I just think that it doesn't always apply and peoples love lifes in general would be less turbulent if they went outside of the conventional hit and miss process of physical attraction.

Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Knightly1
@Gylan Thomas:
Yeah. After looking back a few pages, I noticed the change lol.
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By GreenLantern555
@Gylan Thomas said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
" @OblivionKnight said:
"

I think we do sort of agree. I understand your point I just think that it doesn't always apply and peoples love lifes in general would be less turbulent if they went outside of the conventional hit and miss process of physical attraction.

"
Touché
Dark Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Dark Zoom

She is quite pretty, though i think making a thread such as this can be troublesome.........

GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By GreenLantern555
@Dark Zoom said:
" She is quite pretty, though i think making a thread such as this can be troublesome......... "
Well, this whole thing was not my intention.
NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By NexusOfLight
@Gylan Thomas said:
@GreenLantern555 said:
I'm not sure I understand. looks play little to no part in the "getting to know each other phase" because they have little to nothin' to do with who a person is.   Maybe I can't relate to this part though. I don't tend to go looking for someone. In my own phylosophy it's counter productive. I'd rather hold out untill I meet someone through the course of my day than go out looking for someone. Looking for a relationship is like shopping hungry. You'll just buy what ever junk food you can find.  When I get to liking someone I know by that point there's something more there than just physicall attraction and the desire to be with someone or have sex. "
That's pretty much how I operate, too, but in spite of that, looks still play a major role. Say that certain somebody comes up to you. The looks plays a factor in your mind on whether you want initially want to give the person that time of day. That said, the longer you learn about that person, the more attractive that person will seem to you. It's like you're learning to tolerate the person's looks, and that toleration will turn into acceptance which will turn into attraction. I think that's what you were getting at when you were saying "looks came second" with you. And of course, you gotta factor in personality into the mix. If an attractive person acts ugly, your mind will associate ugly with that person and they'll eventually look ugly to you, and the same thing vise versa.
Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Gylan Thomas
@NexusOfLight said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
That's pretty much how I operate, too, but in spite of that, looks still play a major role. Say that certain somebody comes up to you. The looks plays a factor in your mind on whether you want initially want to give the person that time of day. That said, the longer you learn about that person, the more attractive that person will seem to you. It's like you're learning to tolerate the person's looks, and that toleration will turn into acceptance which will turn into attraction. I think that's what you were getting at when you were saying "looks came second" with you. And of course, you gotta factor in personality into the mix. If an attractive person acts ugly, your mind will associate ugly with that person and they'll eventually look ugly to you, and the same thing vise versa. "
See in that scenario the woman actually approaching me at all would already have my attention. It's so rare for a woman to approach a man I'd impressed by her confidence. So sorry to be a pain in the @ss but  unless she came off as arrogant or b!tchy she'd already have scored points but it'd be a personality thing again :)
Dark Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Dark Zoom
@GreenLantern555 said:
" @Dark Zoom said:
" She is quite pretty, though i think making a thread such as this can be troublesome......... "
Well, this whole thing was not my intention. "
I know it wasnt :) in any event i find it refreshing that some people can recognize beauty in other people it gives me hope for the world
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By GreenLantern555
@Gylan Thomas said:
" @NexusOfLight said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
That's pretty much how I operate, too, but in spite of that, looks still play a major role. Say that certain somebody comes up to you. The looks plays a factor in your mind on whether you want initially want to give the person that time of day. That said, the longer you learn about that person, the more attractive that person will seem to you. It's like you're learning to tolerate the person's looks, and that toleration will turn into acceptance which will turn into attraction. I think that's what you were getting at when you were saying "looks came second" with you. And of course, you gotta factor in personality into the mix. If an attractive person acts ugly, your mind will associate ugly with that person and they'll eventually look ugly to you, and the same thing vise versa. "
See in that scenario the woman actually approaching me at all would already have my attention. It's so rare for a woman to approach a man I'd impressed by her confidence. So sorry to be a pain in the @ss but  unless she came off as arrogant or b!tchy she'd already have scored points but it'd be a personality thing again :) "
Think of it this way. She came to you because she found something physically attracted to you.
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By GreenLantern555
@Dark Zoom said:
" @GreenLantern555 said:
" @Dark Zoom said:
Well, this whole thing was not my intention. "
I know it wasnt :) in any event i find it refreshing that some people can recognize beauty in other people it gives me hope for the world "
I believe there are more of us than most realize ;-)
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Knightly1

IMO, everyone is biased to people. This bias is sometimes based on looks, sometimes personality. AS NExus just said, if the person looks good and is attractive to you, you wouldn't mind doing them a favor or speaking to them. If they are unattractive, I'd be like, " What the heck you want", in contrast to," How may I help you?" I'm not mean to them off the bat and I will likely be nice to them and try my best to treat theperson the same. So, yeah, looks play a role.
NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By NexusOfLight
@Gylan Thomas said:
" @NexusOfLight said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
See in that scenario the woman actually approaching me at all would already have my attention. It's so rare for a woman to approach a man I'd impressed by her confidence. So sorry to be a pain in the @ss but  unless she came off as arrogant or b!tchy she'd already have scored points but it'd be a personality thing again :) "
You've never had a female walk up to you before? Not in a flirty kinda way, but just--I don't know, maybe she's lost, needs directions to a place, or she's struggling in a class and knows you're one of the smart guys so asks you for help, or you're both on an elevator and she decides to say something to just for the sake of breaking that awkward silence thing, that kinda stuff.
Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Gylan Thomas
@GreenLantern555 said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
" @NexusOfLight said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
Think of it this way. She came to you because she found something physically attracted to you. "
But then that's her choice based on her physolophy.
I'm just explaining my own outlook. I'm not saying you're wrong or it doesn't happen. Just saying it's not always the case. Looks are rarely a factor for me.