#1 Posted by JetiiMitra (8194 posts) - - Show Bio

they get really hyped for something they know'll be bad? I watched the trailer for Sea of Monsters (again) today, and despite how bad I'm pretty sure it'll be, I can't help but be excited to see it when it comes out. In fact, I'm even more excited to see it than I was to see The Lightning Thief, but I'm expecting the same quality that was in that movie. It was actually the same way with The Clone Wars movie and TV show. I was moderately excited and hoping against hope they would be good, though I expected (and got) something awful.

So, do you have anything you've felt the same way about? It can be comics, movies, books, TV shows, whatever you want.

#2 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel the same way about TF4. I know it'll likely suck critically, but it'll be a hell lot of fun.

Comics-wise, it probably goes that way for event comics....

#3 Edited by russellmania77 (14606 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#4 Posted by Wolverine08 (38852 posts) - - Show Bio

I have the same feeling for Transformers 4. My family will drag me to the theater to watch it, and it'll suck, but all that action should be satisfying.

#5 Posted by HumanRocket (7523 posts) - - Show Bio

Age of Ultron. I had just got into comics and that was my first event so i was pretty sad about that

#6 Edited by JetiiMitra (8194 posts) - - Show Bio

No, you don't hate that feeling? I'm jealous, I wish I could live like that. You're lucky!

#7 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6147 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: Just to spoil it for you...Sea of Monsters is terrible. I recently had the displeasure of seeing it.

#8 Posted by JetiiMitra (8194 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse said:

@mitran: Just to spoil it for you...Sea of Monsters is terrible. I recently had the displeasure of seeing it.

Oh yeah, see, that's what I'm expecting. And yet... the trailer still gets me excited. I'm rather unhappy about this situation.

#9 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6147 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: Hey, at least the effects were really cool. And I haven't read the books, so it might be a better film if you have.

#10 Posted by JetiiMitra (8194 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: Hey, at least the effects were really cool. And I haven't read the books, so it might be a better film if you have.

Effects are entertaining, at least. I've read all the books, but it just made The Lightning Thief that much worse to watch, so now I'm even more scared.

#11 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6147 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: Yeah, there's definitely quite a lot of cringe-worthy dialogue and situations...but other than that.... it..... ehh............. never mind.

#12 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1818 posts) - - Show Bio

I took my son to watch it (SOM) and it wasnt a bad movie. Clearly it's better to be a fan. My son who is 12, reads all the Percy Jackson books that come out.

#13 Posted by MonsterStomp (16112 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah! That's what I need to add on the "Movies you like that other people hate" thread, Transformers.

#14 Posted by dngn4774 (2782 posts) - - Show Bio

I felt that way every time that Peter Molyneux hyped me up for the Fable games.

#15 Edited by Pokeysteve (8080 posts) - - Show Bio

That happened to me really bad with the last Ghost Rider movie. The trailer looked so good but deep down......I knew.....we all knew.

#16 Posted by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, Homecoming.

#17 Edited by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. Sometimes.

#18 Edited by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

Walking by that girl in the hallway. I get excited for it even though I know that it will make me depressed right after.

#19 Posted by The Stegman (23158 posts) - - Show Bio

@inlife said:

Walking by that girl in the hallway. I get excited for it even though I know that it will make depressed right after.

I actually know what you mean.

#20 Posted by TheArtOfRuin (135 posts) - - Show Bio

The newest G.I. Joe movie. Trailer looked badass, even though I felt the movie was going to be a letdown. It was more disappointing than I had thought it would be

#21 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7592 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve said:

That happened to me really bad with the last Ghost Rider movie. The trailer looked so good but deep down......I knew.....we all knew.

I ended up shouting at the screen way earlier on that I expected.

#22 Posted by PowerHerc (81637 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, sure.

#23 Posted by XImpossibruX (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

I got so hyped for Fable 3 and it turned out garbage.

Got hyped for Justice League Doom it was eh...

#24 Posted by nobodyisemo (260 posts) - - Show Bio