#1 Posted by YoungJustice (6375 posts) - - Show Bio

I just got finished having a very stupid argument which a person (Who will not be named out of the little bit of respect I have for them) which ended with this comment.

Enjoy your life. You're going to do far more damage on your own than anyone you think who is trying to harm you, could ever do.

Hopefully you'll grow up though, before trying to say you are grown up, and that "age doesn't matter".

If anyone was wondering this was what I said before then.

By the way, you were being much more immature than anything I have done on any site, actually, in my whole entire life, using my age as a comeback.

You think that you are Albert Einstein, well you aren't, you are someone with an above average intelligence with a high ego.

I wanted to know, does age really matter in a conversation in a topic that is irrelevant of age?

#2 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27378 posts) - - Show Bio

Not in anyway and if someone thinks that then there kind of a tool

#4 Posted by _Cain_ (23368 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell no

#5 Posted by comicace3 (1894 posts) - - Show Bio

NOOOOP I'm 14 goin on 15 and sounds like a 28 year old... I'm just that smart or mature... rather.

#6 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#7 Posted by MonsterStomp (13143 posts) - - Show Bio

Age has nothing to do with intellect or maturity.

#8 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

Heck no. Most people don't know I'm 13.

#9 Posted by SC (11960 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread was a dupe thread that was accidentally bumped, might be better to use this thread instead.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic/5/does-age-matter/738043/

My answer hasn't changed "It can, but not necessarily always either. Its relative really. That being said there can be many more relevant factors like life experience, intelligence, patience, so on that can matter more" and there isn'y anything wrong with age mattering. People should develop and grow as they age and gain more wisdom and knowledge. Saying age doesn't matter is like saying time doesn't matter, which it might not depending what your doing. Except its always a factor if only a minimal one. So it depends.

#10 Posted by Jezer (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicace3 said:

NOOOOP I'm 14 goin on 15 and sounds like a 28 year old... I'm just that smart or mature... rather.

@comicace3 said:

@comicace3 said:

@comicace3 said:

NOOOOP

@comicace3 said:

NOOOOPE

*cough*

#11 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp said:

Age has nothing to do with intellect or maturity.

#12 Posted by ComicMan24 (147021 posts) - - Show Bio

Not at all.

#13 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29331 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Heck no. Most people don't know I'm 13.

I JUST SPAT OUT MY DRINGKHFADSGL

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

DUDE, NO SARCASM, HIGH FIVE

YOU ARE A CREDIT TO YOUR AGE GROUP

Ahem.

Anyway.

#14 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29331 posts) - - Show Bio

Age doesn't matter at all in this context. Anyone who uses it like you're exemplifying is a f**king douchebag.

Especially if they're losing the argument.

#15 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4637 posts) - - Show Bio

Age does matter in a debate. When an eighty-year-old calls you a nincompoop, you get the full force of insult, old flakes and polident-flavored spittle.

#16 Posted by KnightRise (4753 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought this was going to be about the age of consent. The fact that this dissapoints me means I need to reevaluate life...

#17 Posted by tomlikesfries (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jezer said:

@comicace3 said:

@comicace3 said:

@comicace3 said:

@comicace3 said:

NOOOOP

@comicace3 said:

NOOOOPE

*cough*

LMFAO

#18 Posted by nerdork (3481 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicace3 said:

hmm...

Anyway, no, age is not a factor in a debate. Just the relevant content of a person's argument.

#19 Posted by GhostofOnyx (656 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't see how it could be relevant

#20 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as the person knows what he/she is talking about it doesn't matter how many solar cycles he has lived through (me trying to sound intelligent) :3

My 3 year old cousin has rather engaging conversations.