• 59 results
Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

What I've always liked is how every actor portrayed a unique version of the Doctor. I'm proud to say that after this epsiode, Smith is definitely one of my favorites alongside Tenant and Baker. This episode is a nice way to end his run as the Doctor and can't wait to see what Capaldi and future actors have in store for Whovians. My only gripe is that he never faced the Master. Those confortations would have made some great episodes. Anyways Goodnight Raggedy Man. Welcome new Old Timer(who's got new kidneys!!!) xP

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

His speech is more memorable than 'I don't want to go'.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#53  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I hope he's better than Matt Smith. I never liked him.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 rogueshadow  Moderator

@the_jackolantern: Yeah, back in the episode "The Stolen Earth" the Tenth Doctor averted a full regeneration by focusing the energy from his regeneration into his severed hand that had been cut off in Ten's first full appearance. I believe he used the energy to heal himself, but did not fully regenerate like normal or something along those lines. I'd have to go back and I watch the episode to be sure.

He used the energy from the regen to heal himself and then transferred the residual energy [which would have caused him to fully regenerate] into his hand.

I really wasn't aware of that being counted as a complete regeneration and still aren't sure if it is or not.

I really don't mind the Doctor getting a new personality, but I really hope they don't erase his memory completely. The beauty of Doctor Who is the fact that The Doctor, despite all of his faces, he's still the same man underneath. The idea if resetting The Doctor completely, I feel, would be unfair to the fans of older versions of the Doctor. Because even "our Doctor" may be gone, we still watch the show and support the new Doctor's because, deep down, we know OUR Doctor is still in there somewhere. (I know, I'm getting sympathetic, sue me. :P)

Personally I wouldn't mind The Doctor losing his memory for a while, even more than just an episode. It would be a nice way for the new Doctor to forge his own personality, becoming his own man so-to-speak and then finally having him regain his memory, becoming the true Doctor. All the while still be different than what came before him.

I feel like RTD killed that a little with 10's whole, 'some new man saunters off' speech, that was more than a little depressing, and then, 'I dont want to go' that was monstrously heartbreaking. Also, didn't 10 partially regenerate at the very beginning of Journey's End?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@rogueshadow: If I'm not mistaken, when The Doctor regenerates he always feels like he's "dying" in a sense. But even though he may get a different face and have a slightly different personality, he's still the same man in the end. Like Eleven said before he regenerated, about how "times must change and so must I." I think The Doctor understands that even though he must change, deep down he'll always be the same old Doctor we've always known.

According to The Doctor, after he was shot by a Dalek, the Tenth Doctor began regenerating but only used that regeneration to heal his injuries. He instead redirected the remaining energy from that regeneration into his severed hand (which had been cut off in the Christmas Invasion) thus allowing him to keep that same body. The Doctor (Eleventh) explained that he had "vanity issues" but that this still counted as a regeneration. That would make it so that when Ten finally regenerated into the Eleventh Doctor, this would be The Doctor's twelfth regeneration.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: If I'm not mistaken, when The Doctor regenerates he always feels like he's "dying" in a sense. But even though he may get a different face and have a slightly different personality, he's still the same man in the end. Like Eleven said before he regenerated, about how "times must change and so must I." I think The Doctor understands that even though he must change, deep down he'll always be the same old Doctor we've always known.

I used to think that, but ever since 10's regen, I can't see it that way anymore, he saw it as death, even 11 said everything you are is gone, like breath on a mirror. I see it as a nature-nurture thing. The Doctor's nature changes, but his nurture, all of his experiences etc are what keeps him as, 'The Doctor'. But still, all the recent doc's seem to refer to it as though they're, 'gone', which just depresses me.

According to The Doctor, after he was shot by a Dalek, the Tenth Doctor began regenerating but only used that regeneration to heal his injuries. He instead redirected the remaining energy from that regeneration into his severed hand (which had been cut off in the Christmas Invasion) thus allowing him to keep that same body. The Doctor (Eleventh) explained that he had "vanity issues" but that this still counted as a regeneration. That would make it so that when Ten finally regenerated into the Eleventh Doctor, this would be The Doctor's twelfth regeneration.

I know, that's what I said, I was just clarifying because you said you couldn't remember.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Avatar image for hillbillymorangie
HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: agreed, Capelli would be an amazing baddy, bring back Paul McGann to battle him ;)

But seriously if the Valyard is the 12th and a half doctor, much like John Hurnt was between the 8th and 9th... Then David Tennants Evilgasm was the Valyard, which makes a lot of sense especially as he was the vain doctor... So I kind of hope they do that... Bring David Tennant back as a baddy.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: agreed, Capelli would be an amazing baddy, bring back Paul McGann to battle him ;)

But seriously if the Valyard is the 12th and a half doctor, much like John Hurnt was between the 8th and 9th... Then David Tennants Evilgasm was the Valyard, which makes a lot of sense especially as he was the vain doctor... So I kind of hope they do that... Bring David Tennant back as a baddy.

They could bring back the metacrisis doc, or I wouldn't mind the dream lord as the Valeyard.

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goodbye Raggedy Man