• 58 results
#1 Edited by Youmika (138 posts) - - Show Bio

So what did you think of 'The Time of the Doctor'?

#2 Posted by Rouflex (14866 posts) - - Show Bio

I didnt saw it... D:<

#3 Posted by russellmania77 (14561 posts) - - Show Bio

Not on yet

#4 Posted by judasnixon (6182 posts) - - Show Bio

Awwwwww I missed Amy Pond.......

#5 Posted by War Killer (19963 posts) - - Show Bio
Goodbye my Doctor, I will forever remember you.

#6 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9438 posts) - - Show Bio

It comes on in 30 minutes where I am

#7 Edited by War Killer (19963 posts) - - Show Bio

WARNING: SPOILERS BELOW!!!

Having read a few reviews and some of the comments, I feel like some people have missed the point of this episode. This episode is meant to be a sendoff and goodbye to Matt Smith for his time as The Doctor, as well as a big thank you too all of Smith's fans. Some of the comments I've read claim that this episode had too much crammed into it, but having watched the episode I can say that if you've seen every episode of Smith's time as The Doctor then you shouldn't get too lost here.

Everything in this episode was really a call back to all of the Eleventh Doctor's adventures. From the cracks in space and time, to the various villains he's faced, and even the "Oldest Question in the Universe." I will admit that if you're new to Doctor Who, or haven't seen all of Smith's episodes as The Doctor, you probably will feel a bit lost. But again, this episode isn't meant to be a jumping on point for new fans, but is really a goodbye to Matt Smith and a big thank you to all the fans of his Doctor.

Overall, I loved this episode and thought it was a great way to end Smith's time as The Doctor. I'm a big fan of Matt's Doctor, with his regeneration being my first, and I enjoyed how all of the Eleventh Doctor's adventures were tied-up in this episode; leaving a whole new world for the Twelfth Doctor as his adventure begins next year. In the end, this was a great episode and amazing way to say goodbye to one Doctor and hello to a new one. I can already tell that next year is going to be one wild ride.

#8 Edited by War Killer (19963 posts) - - Show Bio

Just to give everyone a glimpse of what's to come next year. :D

#9 Posted by russellmania77 (14561 posts) - - Show Bio

doctor who doctor who doctor who doctor who doctor who doctor who doctor who doctor who doctor who doctor who doctor who doctor who doctor who doctor who doctor who doctor who doctor who doctor who doctor who doctor who doctor who doctor who doctor who doctor who

#10 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty good.

#11 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9438 posts) - - Show Bio

Having read a few reviews and some of the comments, I feel like some people have missed the point of this episode. This episode is meant to be a sendoff and goodbye to Matt Smith for his time as The Doctor, as well as a big thank you too all of Smith's fans. Some of the comments I've read claim that this episode had too much crammed into it, but having watched the episode I can say that if you've seen every episode of Smith's time as The Doctor then you shouldn't get too lost here.

Everything in this episode was really a call back to all of the Eleventh Doctor's adventures. From the cracks in space and time, to the various villains he's faced, and even the "Oldest Question in the Universe." I will admit that if you're new to Doctor Who, or haven't seen all of Smith's episodes as The Doctor, you probably will feel a bit lost. But again, this episode isn't meant to be a jumping on point for new fans, but is really a goodbye to Matt Smith and a big thank you to all the fans of his Doctor.

Overall, I loved this episode and thought it was a great way to end Smith's time as The Doctor. I'm a big fan of Matt's Doctor, with his regeneration being my first, and I enjoyed how all of the Eleventh Doctor's adventures were tied-up in this episode; leaving a whole new world for the Twelfth Doctor as his adventure begins next year. In the end, this was a great episode and amazing way to say goodbye to one Doctor and hello to a new one. I can already tell that next year is going to be one wild ride.

Exactly. This was the best sendoff episode yet, even better than 9 and 10's and i've been watching this show since around 2008. Matt Smith is my favorite Doctor and even though it's sad to see him go, I couldn't think of any better way to do so. That being said, his regeneration was a little anti-climatic. First you have that awesome display of power and I was thinking here is where we see the new Doctor. Then, it turns out that he held it off for a bit, and I thought cool, we're gonna have a Tennant/Eccleston type regeneration. But then...bam! He's there....and it seemed like a rip-off of Matt Smith's entrance. Kind of anti climatic....

#12 Edited by dngn4774 (2725 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer said:

Exactly. This was the best sendoff episode yet, even better than 9 and 10's and i've been watching this show since around 2008. Matt Smith is my favorite Doctor and even though it's sad to see him go, I couldn't think of any better way to do so. That being said, his regeneration was a little anti-climatic. First you have that awesome display of power and I was thinking here is where we see the new Doctor. Then, it turns out that he held it off for a bit, and I thought cool, we're gonna have a Tennant/Eccleston type regeneration. But then...bam! He's there....and it seemed like a rip-off of Matt Smith's entrance. Kind of anti climatic....

I totally agree with you both. The episode was great and each scene reminded me of what I loved about Matt Smith's doctor. I wish Capaldi's entrance was a little more original, but they'll definitely work out his style by next season. The great thing about this show is that it's getting really hard for me to have a favorite Doctor, each of the actors who've held the mantle so far have really knocked it out of the park. TBH I'm still not found of Clara but maybe she'll shine more with the new Doctor.

#13 Edited by Rouflex (14866 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Who :O!

#14 Posted by War Killer (19963 posts) - - Show Bio

That being said, his regeneration was a little anti-climatic. First you have that awesome display of power and I was thinking here is where we see the new Doctor. Then, it turns out that he held it off for a bit, and I thought cool, we're gonna have a Tennant/Eccleston type regeneration. But then...bam! He's there....and it seemed like a rip-off of Matt Smith's entrance. Kind of anti climatic....

Yeah, at first I was kinda of like, "Wait...that's it?" But honestly I found it kind of funny. We're so use to regenerations being big and spectacular that the writers just decided to throw us a curve ball by having Smith's regeneration being literally "POP! Here's twelve!" lol

But I also think his regeneration makes sense, as like you said, he had been holding the regeneration off up until that point, mentioning that it was taking longer than normal. That makes even more sense seeing as he had just gotten a whole new set of regenerations, I figured maybe his body wasn't ready for that(?). So when he literally just popped into twelve, it was because he basically had already let out all of the excessive energy we would normally see during a regeneration when he used it to take out the Daleks.

I don't feel like it was a "rip-off" as, like mentioned before, the whole episode was Matt's send-off anyways. Personally, I'm a little glad they made the regeneration so quick because we all knew it was coming, the whole episode had been building to that moment, and we were all expecting this big exploding, TARDIS destroying regeneration. So when it happened, I was both sad and happy, partly because it was unexpected, but more so because it was the end of one era and the start of a new.

@dngn4774 said:

I totally agree with you both. The episode was great and each scene reminded me of what I loved about Matt Smith's doctor. I wish Capaldi's entrance was a little more original, but they'll definitely work out his style by next season. The great thing about this show is that it's getting really hard for me to have a favorite Doctor, each of the actors who've held the mantle so far have really knocked it out of the park. TBH I'm still not found of Clara but maybe she'll shine more with the new Doctor.

Agreed, I love all of The Doctors that I have had the chance to watch (I've sadly never watched anything before 2005) but I've found each Doctor loveable in their own way. But personally, despite knowing that they're all the same man, there's always something about the first Doctor you meet...and for me that Doctor will always be eleven.

I loved all of the little throw backs, I mean this episode had me freaking out a few times. I mean the first time the Silence walked on screen I literally looked behind me in my room, thinking there's going to be this tall grey creature standing right behind me. Then, on top of that, we have a bunch of Weeping Angels throw in just to freak us out even more! O__O

But more so, I loved how everything from Eleven's time as the Doctor was tied-up. I mean they went way back and grabbed things I had literally forgotten about for this episode. Seeing them finally explain the true purpose of the cracks in the universe, to who really destroyed the TARDIS, to what The Doctor really saw in that hotel room like two season ago. I mean things I was wondering if they were ever going to explain, had really forgotten about, and then BAM! They explained them. I loved it! xD

I also love the small cameo from Amy at the end. That really was a tear-inducing moment when you realize how much The Doctor loved Amy. I actually at first thought it was River walking down the stairs, as we had already seen little Amelia, but I thought that was a great way to send him of. Seeing the first face that face had seen, for the last time, yeah that was a great way for Eleven to go.

#15 Posted by russellmania77 (14561 posts) - - Show Bio

It was cool, I liked how they made him look like the 1st doctor when he got old

#16 Posted by RogueShadow (9942 posts) - - Show Bio

It was cool, I liked how they made him look like the 1st doctor when he got old

Yeah I liked that. I've never really liked Matt Smith's Doctor but I felt pretty emotional seeing him growing old.

#17 Edited by Squalleon (4143 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so excited for Peter Capaldi's Doctor he looks really cool and it is a nice change of pace from the younger doctors we had in the modern series.

@war_killer said:

Just to give everyone a glimpse of what's to come next year. :D

Is this real? Because it is epic!

#18 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32675 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: I'v never really watched Dr Who, only a few episodes growing up usually on Xmas (witch is baffling considering my preference in fiction) but I really enjoyed it, sure I was pretty confused at times but that's never stopped my from enjoying anything before and now I'm actually a fan. I just need to find away to watch all the old episodes now.

#19 Posted by The_jackolantern (445 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is no 1 mentioning the fact that this is a whole new cycle of the regeneration now?!?!?!?

#20 Posted by War Killer (19963 posts) - - Show Bio
Is this real? Because it is epic!

I honestly don't know 100%. It was on The Doctor Who Hub Facebook page, but was never stated the source of the image. But I think it's legit because I'm not sure how someone could Photoshop that as that's the same outfit twelve was wearing at the end of the episode, and as far as I know there aren't any images of him as The Doctor yet. Could be wrong though.

@war_killer: I'v never really watched Dr Who, only a few episodes growing up usually on Xmas (witch is baffling considering my preference in fiction) but I really enjoyed it, sure I was pretty confused at times but that's never stopped my from enjoying anything before and now I'm actually a fan. I just need to find away to watch all the old episodes now.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I didn't mean to take a knock at new fans, I was simply annoyed at how people was criticizing the show when all it was doing was tying up lose ends from the Eleventh Doctor's run. This episode, at it's core, was more of a "thank you" to all of Eleven's fans rather than a jumping on point for new ones.

If you're looking for old episodes, I know of one site I use regularly called cokeandpopcorn.ch. It has all of the episodes starting from the shows relaunch back in 2005 to now. Though there are a lot of pop-ups on there, I've yet to have any issues with the site, but just a friendly heads-up. I also believe that the series is also on other sites like Netflix, if you prefer that instead.

#21 Edited by Squalleon (4143 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: The face looks a bit photoshopped...Anyway it is still epic.
I am just curious about Capaldi's outfit as the doctor. I loved Smith's because it was eccentric, like the doctor.

#22 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32675 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: Yea I think it's because the Xmas episodes are traditionally more standalone-ish so everybody can watch them, I mean I can remember a few times where pepole in the pub on there Christmas night would all sit and watch it.

Yea I'v used Coke & Popcorn before and I also have Netflix but neither of them have the classics, Netfilx has a few but not many.

#23 Posted by War Killer (19963 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Agreed, though surprisingly despite the name of the town and the snow, this Christmas episode really wasn't...a Christmas episode. xD

Oh, I thought you meant old episode as in since the relaunch. I actually don't know where to find the old-old episodes of DW. Though I'm sure someone on here probably does.

@squalleon: I thought the same thing, about the face, which makes me question it as well. But either way it's still an epic poster. xD

I'm curious as well, part of me wants him to continue on with the outfit he's wearing at the end of the episode, with the only thing different about it being the lack of Eleven's signature bow tie. But I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a new wardrobe next year.

#24 Edited by Squalleon (4143 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous:

Your avatar where is it from?

Does anyone know if there is gonna be another special before the 8th season?

#26 Edited by War Killer (19963 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: As far as I know there isn't anything that has been announced. They may do a mini-episode or something, to fill the gap between now and next year, but I really don't know what they could do. From how this past episode ended, it appears they want next year to start off crazy right from the start, having anything in-between would probably disrupt that.

#27 Posted by Squalleon (4143 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: As far as I know there isn't anything that has been announced. They may do a mini-episode or something, to fill the gap between now and next year, but I really don't know what they could do. From how this past episode ended, it appears they want next year to start off crazy right from the start, having anything in-between would probably disrupt that.

But... it's almost a whole year of wait :-(

#28 Edited by War Killer (19963 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is no 1 mentioning the fact that this is a whole new cycle of the regeneration now?!?!?!?

I think it's awesome. I'm curious if it will have any weird side-effects on The Doctor's body, with him now having a whole new set of regenerations (which I assume is twelve, again?). I think the fact that he has a new set explains why he's older again, but I'm more curious if it will have any other side-effects such as altering his personality further or, and possibly worse, messing with his memory even more than it already has.

#29 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32675 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: I just typed Peter Capaldi Dr WHo in to Google picture and took it from this

#30 Posted by dngn4774 (2725 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Here's another site that has every episode from Doctors 9-11. I doesn't have any pop up but sometimes the links send you to blank pages, but if you refresh the page it fixes the problem.I can't find a free site that features the classic Doctor Who episodes but I know that there are a lot of old ones on hulu plus.

#31 Posted by Squalleon (4143 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Edited by War Killer (19963 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: True, but look at it this way: All good things take time. It took The Doctor fifty years to get to where he is now, so I think one more year won't kill us. :P Until then, you could always prepare yourself for a whole era of Doctor Who by re-watching old episodes? Getting yourself ready for what is sure to be a crazy ride! ^_^

#33 Posted by War Killer (19963 posts) - - Show Bio
@jonny_anonymous: Is that what his Doctor will look like, or simply a Photoshop of him in the TARDIS?

#34 Posted by The_jackolantern (445 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_jackolantern said:

I think it's awesome. I'm curious if it will have any weird side-effects on The Doctor's body, with him now having a whole new set of regenerations (which I assume is twelve, again?). I think the fact that he has a new set explains why he's older again, but I'm more curious if it will have any other side-effects such as altering his personality further or, and possibly worse, messing with his memory even more than it already has.

Im hoping that it well mess with his memories and with his personality and make him even more of a wildcard. You could never live that long without it messing with you in one way or another.

Plus did they say that the 10th doctor had to lives because he was vain and didnt wanna change his face?? Is that Tennent??

#35 Posted by Loki9876 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32675 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: think it's just a photoshop 'coz there is a few with the same image but different background.

#37 Edited by War Killer (19963 posts) - - Show Bio

@loki9876: He said, "Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!"

He also has just one question...

#38 Posted by War Killer (19963 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_jackolantern: Yeah, back in the episode "The Stolen Earth" the Tenth Doctor averted a full regeneration by focusing the energy from his regeneration into his severed hand that had been cut off in Ten's first full appearance. I believe he used the energy to heal himself, but did not fully regenerate like normal or something along those lines. I'd have to go back and I watch the episode to be sure.

I really wasn't aware of that being counted as a complete regeneration and still aren't sure if it is or not.

I really don't mind the Doctor getting a new personality, but I really hope they don't erase his memory completely. The beauty of Doctor Who is the fact that The Doctor, despite all of his faces, he's still the same man underneath. The idea if resetting The Doctor completely, I feel, would be unfair to the fans of older versions of the Doctor. Because even "our Doctor" may be gone, we still watch the show and support the new Doctor's because, deep down, we know OUR Doctor is still in there somewhere. (I know, I'm getting sympathetic, sue me. :P)

Personally I wouldn't mind The Doctor losing his memory for a while, even more than just an episode. It would be a nice way for the new Doctor to forge his own personality, becoming his own man so-to-speak and then finally having him regain his memory, becoming the true Doctor. All the while still be different than what came before him.

#39 Edited by Omega Ray Jay (7581 posts) - - Show Bio

I Didn't like it at all, another tedious over complicated bore feast. I object to the show being turned into pseudo fairytale nonsense, many areas of which I could elaborate on but I will just mention one: the fact that Gallifrey has been turned into 'never never land' and the concept of running out of regenerations, something that we have known and speculated about for nearly forty years was solved by a giant crack opening in the sky and the Time Lords abruptly farting a new life cycle at him, Absolute tosh.

#40 Posted by dngn4774 (2725 posts) - - Show Bio

@omega_ray_jay: There's always been leaps and hurdles with PIS regarding this show since the reboot, but I think it has increased more on Moffat's run as the writer. That being said, most of the stories are still good even though the bulk of the entertainment comes in the last ten minutes of each episode. Either way, you have nothing to lose by giving Capaldi a few episodes to grow on you.

#41 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7581 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774: I used to Like Moffats stories before he became show runner. I have a theory that he needs a lot of time to polish and refine his scripts before they are any good, hence Sherlock which has like 4 episodes every few years or something. With Doctor Who there needs to be a series every year so what does he do? split the series and push it back in a vain attempt to have enough time to pull things together. I don't buy his intention was for cracks being the Time Lords since the beginning and I think he fell completely flat with that Church thing and the Silence, Smith has decided to jump ship and Moffat needed to tie everything up as fast as possible. In regard to Capaldi I think his casting was a bit to obvious but I'm more than happy to see what he does with it, I'm glad a change has come to the show just unfortunately not as big a one as I would have liked.

#42 Posted by dngn4774 (2725 posts) - - Show Bio

@omega_ray_jay: Yeah I'm really hoping Capaldi turns out to be more serious like the 9th, or maybe even the 3rd. I liked Smith and Tenant but that level of childishness gets distracting and takes charisma away from the companions.

#43 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7581 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774: Couldn't agree more, it's defiantly time for a more serious Doctor. The 3rd is my second favourite so something along those lines would be fantastic.

#44 Posted by dngn4774 (2725 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9438 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_jackolantern said:

I'm thinking we're gonna be meeting the Valeyard pretty soon as a consequence of this regeneration....or the next....

#46 Edited by Omega Ray Jay (7581 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774: Tennant, because it was his Doctor that kept me interested in the show after Ecclestone and made me want to go back and watch the classic show, that's what got me into Pertwee.

#47 Posted by The_jackolantern (445 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_jackolantern: Yeah, back in the episode "The Stolen Earth" the Tenth Doctor averted a full regeneration by focusing the energy from his regeneration into his severed hand that had been cut off in Ten's first full appearance. I believe he used the energy to heal himself, but did not fully regenerate like normal or something along those lines. I'd have to go back and I watch the episode to be sure.

I really wasn't aware of that being counted as a complete regeneration and still aren't sure if it is or not.

I really don't mind the Doctor getting a new personality, but I really hope they don't erase his memory completely. The beauty of Doctor Who is the fact that The Doctor, despite all of his faces, he's still the same man underneath. The idea if resetting The Doctor completely, I feel, would be unfair to the fans of older versions of the Doctor. Because even "our Doctor" may be gone, we still watch the show and support the new Doctor's because, deep down, we know OUR Doctor is still in there somewhere. (I know, I'm getting sympathetic, sue me. :P)

Personally I wouldn't mind The Doctor losing his memory for a while, even more than just an episode. It would be a nice way for the new Doctor to forge his own personality, becoming his own man so-to-speak and then finally having him regain his memory, becoming the true Doctor. All the while still be different than what came before him.

Yeah that's the episode I was thinking bout.was never sure if it counted as a new life or not but when he had that human version of him turn up and go to the other universe with billie piper I thouggt it was.glad that got cleared up for me.

Also glad they made the war doctor part of the 13!!

Id never want him to forget who he was I would just like some memory gaps or something like that to show that this kinda thing should never happen!!.

I hope that now matt smith is gone that they well stop all the fairytale kind of Episodes aswell and grew the story up a bit.never a matt smith fan. I know he has a lotta funs and im not trying to upset them just different dr different stories

#48 Posted by War Killer (19963 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_jackolantern: Yeah, I like how The Doctor explained the whole numbering thing. He basically put it that he's had 13 regenerations (counting the War Doctor), but only 12 of those regenerations have gone by the name "The Doctor." That way all of the Doctor's can keep their original numbering, yet still keeping true to The Doctor only having a certain number of regenerations.

#49 Edited by War Killer (19963 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's a Great Tribute to the Eleventh Doctor.

#50 Posted by RogueShadow (9942 posts) - - Show Bio

Good riddance, roll on Capaldi. Here's hoping for the Valeyard.