Do you think Zimmerman is guilty or innocent?

• 197 results
wario1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By wario1988
 • 
russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By russellmania77

Guilty. He is a man who took his minor Job to seriously and it resulted in the death of a child

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Innocent.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Guilty. He is a man who took his minor Job to seriously and it resulted in the death of a child

wario1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure. Need all the facts and evidence first.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AweSam

@russellmania77: Oh, so people should be arrested for taking their jobs seriously.

Innocent. From my point of view, Trayvon attacked him and he defended himself.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: He followed the kid. After Tray was already leaving the area, and multiple people, including The kids girlfriend heard Zimmerman herrassing Him. Also he outweighed the kid by a few hundred pounds, and why get out of his truck with the gun in the first place?

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AweSam

His girlfriend keeps changing her story. Zimmerman was suspicious of him. What if Martin had a gun? It doesn't matter why and we probably won't find out what actually happened, but all the evidence points to Martin attacking Zimmerman.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zimmerman is guilty of being nosey or overly concerned. He followed and maybe even questioned martin. An argument may have resulted. But I believe the first physical attacks was initiated by Martin. I think it was self defense at best. At worst it was manslaughter. NEVER MURDER

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glitch_spawn: At the end of the day we can all agree he is guilty of being a douche bag cop

1000000000000% agree. he started this. in this case I wish being a douche bag was a illegal offense.

It is possible to goat someone into aggressive action just to give yourself an excuse to act violently

That is true also. STILL, no matter what is said, you have to make sure that you don't initiate physical contact. The problem with this case is, is that the prosecution has to prove that Zimmerman attacked first. Since Trayvon is dead and can't tell his story, i don't see the prosecution being able to do that.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@glitch_spawn: At the end of the day we can all agree he is guilty of being a douche bag cop

1000000000000% agree. he started this. in this case I wish being a douche bag was a illegal offense.

It is possible to goat someone into aggressive action just to give yourself an excuse to act violently

That is true also. STILL, no matter what is said, you have to make sure that you don't initiate physical contact. The problem with this case is, is that the prosecution has to prove that Zimmerman attacked first. Since Trayvon is dead and can't tell his story, i don't see the prosecution being able to do that.

tips hat

That is my point from a legal stand point. from a human stand point, i hope they get him on something. This is 100% his fault and he deserves some further punishment.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm on the fence. But, I would like to see the evidence in the case to make a honest decision.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#15  Edited By Joygirl

Guilty. As a policeman he's trusted with a firearm because he is trained to be responsible in its use. This occurance in a violation of this trust put in him, and, again, as a policeman, he needs to hold responsibility for that breach.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Loading Video...

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By isaac_clarke
@pooty said:

But I believe the first physical attacks was initiated by Martin.

@awesam said:

but all the evidence points to Martin attacking Zimmerman.

I have absolutely no doubts Martin attacked Zimmerman. The issue here is - I wouldn't blame him. Zimmerman was following him, had a gun and Martin had done nothing wrong warranting a stranger pursuing him - at that point it is completely human to fight back when you can't flee.

What would most of us had done in the same circumstances?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zimmerman should have kept his distance and stayed in his truck. I don't think Zimmerman was doing this with a racial motivation, and I don't think he is a bad person. Just not very smart maybe.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pooty

@isaac_clarke: The LAW does not take into account what people WOULD do. It goes by what people SHOULD do. yes, trayvon did what we all would have done. but according to the LAW, Trayvon should have RAN AWAY or called the police himself. He should have ran....according to the LAW.

@joygirl said:

Guilty. As a policeman he's trusted with a firearm because he is trained to be responsible in its use. This occurance in a violation of this trust put in him, and, again, as a policeman, he needs to hold responsibility for that breach.

The saddest part is....... Zimmerman was NOT EVER a policeman. He was neighborhood watch. He called the police. the police told him they would send someone out. They told him to sit his a$$ down and wait. He went against their advice. Trayvon ended up dead.

@farkam said:

Zimmerman should have kept his distance and stayed in his truck. I don't think Zimmerman was doing this with a racial motivation, and I don't think he is a bad person. Just not very smart maybe.

I'm not sure about that. If it were a white male in a business suit this never would have happened. Zimmerman was stereotyping because of his color and way of dressing

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By isaac_clarke

@pooty said:

@isaac_clarke: The LAW does not take into account what people WOULD do. It goes by what people SHOULD do. yes, trayvon did what we all would have done. but according to the LAW, Trayvon should have RAN AWAY or called the police himself. He should have ran....according to the LAW.

That's what Martin initially did (Zimmerman's own words); when he did Zimmerman pursued him. Fight or flight - flight wasn't an option.

'These assholes always get away' - - -

Loading Video...

Here's the transcript: http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/326700-full-transcript-zimmerman.html

@awesam said:

@isaac_clarke: Ask him what he wants.

Confusing response.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isaac_clarke: Guy follows me. I'm going to ask him what he wants. Why he's following me.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

From what I've heard/read he's guilty.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isaac_clarke: I just read the entire transcript. Trayvon fled initially. George followed.That is where the transcript ends. It doesn't say or imply that trayvon was trapped or couldn't run again or that he couldn't call the police. it only says that George continued to follow him. By law no matter how much a person follows you or questions you, you CAN NOT put your hands on someone.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

By the way that post does not reflect my opinions on the matter. Just posted it for fun :)

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ms__omega

Guilty in my book.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By isaac_clarke

@pooty said:

@isaac_clarke: I just read the entire transcript. Trayvon fled initially. George followed.That is where the transcript ends. It doesn't say or imply that trayvon was trapped or couldn't run again or that he couldn't call the police. it only says that George continued to follow him. By law no matter how much a person follows you or questions you, you CAN NOT put your hands on someone.

He was running and Zimmerman refused to let him go - running isn't an option if your pursuer won't allow you to escape. That's what I'm getting at - clearly he couldn't get away given Zimmerman wouldn't let him run. Someone is chasing after him - he doesn't know why or who - simply a stranger is trying to apprehend him. Trayvon did what most of us naturally would do in that situation - defend himself.

Now I'm not aware of what qualifies as self-defense in Florida law, but that doesn't matter since I'm not aware of who threw the first punch. All I know Zimmerman's the one that chose to chase, confront and ultimately shoot Martin dead. Martin himself was the victim.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:

@isaac_clarke: Guy follows me. I'm going to ask him what he wants. Why he's following me.

He isn't following you - he's chasing you through town. He was following you in a truck, on the phone - you ran and he got out to chase you on foot. You run until he confronts you.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isaac_clarke: I would again ask him what he wants. Either that, or call the police. I wouldn't attack him like an animal. I think you're getting it wrong. The other side says Zimmerman walked after him and Martin assaulted him.

Avatar image for royal_rumble_man
Royal_Rumble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Royal_Rumble_Man

Excessive self defense

In hindsight even if he had the right to attack he should aim at the knees or the legs instead of the fatal shot

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By isaac_clarke

@awesam said:

@isaac_clarke: I would again ask him what he wants. Either that, or call the police. I wouldn't attack him like an animal. I think you're getting it wrong. The other side says Zimmerman walked after him and Martin assaulted him.

The expression 'like an animal' when we are in-fact animals is always a fun treat; the other side is conflicting with what Zimmerman told the police over the phone. Trayvon is running from a man following him in a truck, a man who exits that truck to confront Martin. There is no way this story ends with Zimmerman being a victim when he's instigating this entire event.

'These assholes always get away' - that is the mentality of the man who chased and fatally shot Martin. He knew nothing about this boy, not even a name - simply he was wearing a hoodie and carrying something. To Zimmerman - Martin was guilty, I'll repay Zimmerman in kind by saying the same of him based off the information we all already privy of - especially the words that came out of his mouth.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Guilty as balls.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isaac_clarke: I really don't care about either of them. I just think Trayvon is most likely at fault.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@extremis said:

From what I've heard/read he's guilty.

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Dabee

I wasn't there, and I haven't extensively studied the evidence. So really I can't know, just like none of us can. And unfortunately, we can only hear testimony from one of the involved parties.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: what if he had a gun? Does that mean kill him? Because this man was suspicious of him by how he looked. From my point of view he is guilty

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#37  Edited By Outside_85

Going with guilty. Even if he's employed to watch over a gated community , it sounds to me as Zimmerman sought the confrontation out and evidently assumed Trayvon was a hoodlum and was going to prove it. (Bear in mind all of this happened inside a gated community... being non-American I assume that means the only way in or out of it is through a guarded gate.)

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So what happened to all that talk about him being hit in the head as well, but there was no actual head trauma found?

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Zimmerman is, at the very least, a terrible cop, and maybe a worse person. But, the burden of proof is put upon the prosecution, and until I see irrefutable evidence that proves Zimmerman acted in aggression first, my opnion (or anybody's for that matter) on the situation amounts to nothing. Though, I firmly believe that anyone who abuses their power, in a position of acute authority, and that abuse results in the needless death of another, need to be punished to the full extent of the law. In this case; if Zimmerman is truly guilty, he should be put in a deep hole filled with an asortment bloodsucking flora and flesh eating fauna.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not completely sure yet, but I will say this: he did not have to go for a fatal shot. So I will go with @pooty. at least manslaughter.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdork: I think Zimmerman is, at the very least, a terrible cop, and maybe a worse person

Zimmerman was NEVER a cop. Just a nosey, overly agressive neighborhood watch. He applied for cop school and was rejected.

@pooty said:

He was running and Zimmerman refused to let him go - running isn't an option if your pursuer won't allow you to escape. That's what I'm getting at - clearly he couldn't get away given Zimmerman wouldn't let him run. Someone is chasing after him - he doesn't know why or who - simply a stranger is trying to apprehend him. Trayvon did what most of us naturally would do in that situation - defend himself.

Now I'm not aware of what qualifies as self-defense in Florida law, but that doesn't matter since I'm not aware of who threw the first punch. All I know Zimmerman's the one that chose to chase, confront and ultimately shoot Martin dead. Martin himself was the victim.

Things Trayvon Martin could have done differently:

1) He had time to call his girlfriend. He should have called the police if he felt as threatened as you say he was. You don't call your girlfriend when you are threatened. you call the police.

2) Run some more.Faster. Trayvon was not trapped. Where does it say he was trapped with no where to run? Am I to think that this 17 yr old healthy child couldn't out run that over weight Zimmerman? If Trayvon goes full sprint there is no way Zimmerman can keep up.

If the defense can prove Trayvon was trapped with no way out, then great. I don't think it happened that way. Trayvon was aware he was being followed but didn't feel threatened enough to call the cops or go full sprint. He is 17yrs old. he probably felt he could beat this dude if needed. I think he told the dude to leave him alone. when Zimmerman didn't, trayvon got mad and attacked. Please note I am in no way condoning what Zimmerman did. I wish they could get him with 1st MURDER. But since trayvon can't tell his side of the story, at best Zimmerman will get manslaughter. but since they are charging him with 2nd degree murder. I think he will walk free. Not enough evidence to get him with any degree of murder.

@awesam: what if he had a gun? Does that mean kill him? Because this man was suspicious of him by how he looked. From my point of view he is guilty

Agreed. but is he guilty from a legal point of view?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@joygirl said:

The saddest part is....... Zimmerman was NOT EVER a policeman. He was neighborhood watch. He called the police. the police told him they would send someone out. They told him to sit his a$$ down and wait. He went against their advice. Trayvon ended up dead.

@farkam said:

I'm not sure about that. If it were a white male in a business suit this never would have happened. Zimmerman was stereotyping because of his color and way of dressing

Of course, white men in business suits are not known to commit crimes like that as much as young men dressed in hoods and thuggish clothing. With that having been said, I could say Trayvon was equally stupid as Zimm'. Two stupid people making poor decisions which ended in tragedy.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: that has yet to be decided by his piers

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#44  Edited By SideburnGuru

It was manslaughter. I felt he pushed the line as a cop. If he followed the kid on his truck the whole time, then chased him? I couldn't blame Trayvon for being defensive. Do I believe Trayvon was a completely innocent little kid? Nope. Do I believe Zimmerman had the right to do what he did? Hell no.

I think he's guilty all the way. There was a million better ways to handle the situation. He chose killing the kid. Punishment should be dealt.

Can''t believe people are actually trying to defend this guy. Society = Stupid.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

Voted Guilty.

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By InnerSuperman

he is a racist pig and a murderer

people are so stupid.

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48  Edited By GodTriggerHulk

Guilty or innocent he has a best selling book in his future.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By lykopis

Choosing to get into the truck to follow this kid while packing a gun and ignoring the police telling you to stop? Getting out of the vehicle? With the gun?

Manslaughter at minimum.

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RedLantern23

Why does everyone keep saying Zimmerman was a cop? He NEVER was. He was a member of the neighborhood watch, nothing more.

Anyway, he is guilty. He instigated the event. He kept pursuing Martin after the 9-11 dispatcher told him not to. He got out of his car for christ sakes.