• 61 results
#1 Edited by Pfcoolio14 (1138 posts) - - Show Bio

This is with regards to the show Doctor Who

Answer honestly and give reasons why

EDIT:

The question was whether you think there will be, not whether you think there should be. Just to avoid some confusion

#2 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm never gave it much thought honestly. i wouldnt be against it depending on who the black actor is

#3 Edited by JetiiMitra (8807 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't watch the show but what with reincarnation and having each Doctor be different I imagine it would be a lot easier than changing other characters.

And I swear if someone says it should be Idris Elba... I won't do anything but I will be mildly annoyed.

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34361 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care if the Doctor is black, female, asian ect as long as he's always British.

#5 Edited by VoraciousSouls (168 posts) - - Show Bio

were there black Gallifreyans?

Not joking or being facetious, I actually have no clue. All the Gallifreyans I've seen have been British and white.

personally though, I would be totally fine with any race for the doctor.

#6 Posted by hyiena (1925 posts) - - Show Bio

Mos Def could do it.

#7 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

I don't watch the show but what with reincarnation and having each Doctor be different I imagine it would be a lot easier than changing other characters.

i just started watching it honestly and already on season 5. the reincarnation thing is very important to the plot now that begs the question since the dr is male written can he just change into any male nationality or can he do nationality and gender?

#8 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26221 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyiena said:

Mos Def could do it.

Black Dante!!!!!!!!

#9 Edited by SoA (5135 posts) - - Show Bio

@pfcoolio14: i joked on this before if the show gets cancelled again they should end it with the then current doctor regenerating to a red-haired black woman , three things The Doctor has not yet been

#10 Posted by hyiena (1925 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: I was about to tell you he wasn't in the Hangover but that was Black Doug. lol

#11 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@soa said:

@pfcoolio14: they should end it with the then current doctor regenerating to a red-haired black woman , three things The Doctor has not yet been

lol .

#12 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (12268 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

And I swear if someone says it should be Idris Elba... I won't do anything but I will be mildly annoyed.

Yeah really whats everyones obsession with him on here lately....I came in here expecting someone to suggest him as The Doctor.

#13 Posted by YoungJustice (6887 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they'd use Curtis from Misfits (Yes I know his name, he is Curtis forever in my heart.)

#14 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (34361 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by hyiena (1925 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by russellmania77 (15758 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#17 Posted by VoraciousSouls (168 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: haha, yeah that's not at all what I mean though. In the doctor who lore, are there darker skinned individuals of the actual gallifreyan alien race? Because every gallifreyan I have seen after watching Seasons 1-6 of doctor who has been white and British.

#18 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope

#19 Posted by JediXMan (31250 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by JediXMan (31250 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: haha, yeah that's not at all what I mean though. In the doctor who lore, are there darker skinned individuals of the actual gallifreyan alien race? Because every gallifreyan I have seen after watching Seasons 1-6 of doctor who has been white and British.

Go watch season 3, The Sound of Drums, when the Doctor talks about Gallifrey and the Master's origin story. There's a Time Lord standing there during the Master's initiation.

Also... "white and British?" Yes, they're British, because it's a British show. But that doesn't have anything to do with race...

#21 Edited by redleader1 (610 posts) - - Show Bio

@voracioussouls: there was also some African time lords in classic who I think.

#22 Posted by War Killer (20376 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't be against it, it all comes down to who they would cast for the role.

#23 Edited by WarlordEternal (2783 posts) - - Show Bio

It all depends on who the cast for it.

#24 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care if the Doctor is black, female, asian ect as long as he's always British.

No. It's time for an American Doctor. >:)

#25 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (11756 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by russellmania77 (15758 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Rouflex (19580 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as he's awesome and british.

#28 Posted by isaac_clarke (5460 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't put my money on it - so far the Doctor hasn't been transforming out of his gender, race or Britishness. And even if it did happen - it would be brief.

#29 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18625 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't care what colour the actor is as long as they do a good job. That is what is important.

#30 Posted by HillbillyMorangie (927 posts) - - Show Bio

Im shocked it hasn't happened yet, as long as he or she is never American then I'm happy, should stay in the commonwealth, I'd be ok with a Canadian, Indian, Pakistani, Australian, Doctor Who though...

#31 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34361 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik: actually it would be pretty funny if they had a French Doctor, people would be rioting in th streets lol

#32 Posted by WarlordEternal (2783 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by King Saturn (224811 posts) - - Show Bio

The guy who played Solomon in 12 Years a Slave would be a good choice for a Black Doctor...

#34 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11954 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, sorta restricts ''certain'' time frames he can go to with out things getting real racist.

#35 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (11756 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Izaiah (5238 posts) - - Show Bio

@voracioussouls said:

were there black Gallifreyans?

Not joking or being facetious, I actually have no clue. All the Gallifreyans I've seen have been British and white.

personally though, I would be totally fine with any race for the doctor.

Yes, I believe there was a Black Time Lord in the background in 'The End of Time" (last episode with David Tennant as the current Doctor). And in addition, River Song (who, while not descended from Time Lords, had similar DNA to them due to being conceived on the TARDIS in the time vortex), had a regeneration cycle as a Black woman as shown in 'Let's Kill Hitler'.

#37 Posted by DoctorXander (1183 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't have a problem with a black Doc, but I will probably stop watching if they make him a woman, not being sexist, I just... couldn't do it

#38 Edited by VoraciousSouls (168 posts) - - Show Bio

@izaiah: ahh, cool, I guess I didn't pay close enough attention when I watched it.

#39 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik: actually it would be pretty funny if they had a French Doctor, people would be rioting in th streets lol

LOL

#40 Posted by nerdork (4039 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont see why that would be a problem. Continuity, it seems, he can be any race...so long as the story is well written, who cares?

#41 Posted by RogueShadow (11609 posts) - - Show Bio

They offered the role of the 12th doctor to a black man before Peter Capaldi.

#42 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

i just finished season 4 and honestly id love to see a film version of the time war before the tv series.

#43 Posted by kuonphobos (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

#44 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (6863 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting thought.

#45 Edited by Dernman (15464 posts) - - Show Bio

Can there be? I don't know much about Dr Who but wasn't there something about a limited amount of reincarnations and he's already at the end?

#46 Edited by JakeN7 (12807 posts) - - Show Bio

@pfcoolio14: Either you are an annoying kind of Doctor Who fan that can only think of the title character when they hear the word "Doctor", or you know how to title a thread for clicks. Or both.

Either way...good job! Lol.

Anyways, there totally will be. It makes sense lore and location (black Brits are awesome) wise.

#47 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

Can there be? I don't know much about Dr Who but wasn't there something about a limited amount of reincarnations and he's already at the end?

if i understand it correctly i dont believe there is a limit because it was mentioned he can regenerate at a specific moment or whatever before death.

#48 Edited by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Indian

#49 Edited by Pfcoolio14 (1138 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7:

That's why I capitalized the word Doctor. To avoid confusion... I've only watched about two episodes and a movie of the show if you want to know. I honestly think it sucks. It has potential but is executed in complete mediocrity. I don't see why people obsess over it aside from the band wagons. For me it seems like the characters are one dimensional and have the slightest amount of character development every once in a while that's completely retracted soon after. I only asked the question because with a power like regeneration, there's so many other ethnicities and cultures he could experience and maybe explore. Asian, Middle Eastern, Black, Native American, Hispanic, and maybe even other Europeans. But after 32 seasons, 13 regenerations, 800 episodes+97 missing episodes, he's always been a caucasian British male with an accent whos stuck in the UK.

#50 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10616 posts) - - Show Bio

Gaiman said a black man refused the roll for the last Doctor.