Do you think the drinking age should be lowered?

Avatar image for deadpoolvironfist
DeadpoolvIronFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DeadpoolvIronFist

I have no problem in having it lowered whatsoever. I'm 18 myself and whenever I drink I do it responsibily in a Social setting and I never drink and drive. Some things in my life have happened from it but its my own fault. In my opinion if you're old enough to fight for your country you should be old enough to go out and have a drink.

Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Larkin1388

I don't think the drinking age should be lowered. I'm 23 and know that kids are going to drink before the age of twenty one. I am guilty of that. But I learned a lot about drinking while doing it under age. I learned that you can do a lot of stupid stuff while drinking under age and that taught me to be more responsible about drinking. When I turned 21 and was able to drink legally, I did it in a responsible manner due to that fact i didn't wanna wake up with my head shaved or genitals drawn all over my face again. Stupidity can teach you a lot of things.

DeadpoolvIronFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DeadpoolvIronFist

@Larkin1388 said:

I don't think the drinking age should be lowered. I'm 23 and know that kids are going to drink before the age of twenty one. I am guilty of that. But I learned a lot about drinking while doing it under age. I learned that you can do a lot of stupid stuff while drinking under age and that taught me to be more responsible about drinking. When I turned 21 and was able to drink legally, I did it in a responsible manner due to that fact i didn't wanna wake up with my head shaved or genitals drawn all over my face again. Stupidity can teach you a lot of things.

People at the parties I go to do that to each other quite often. I make sure not to fall asleep on the couch or anything so stuff like this doesn't happen to me. I had a friend who fell asleep on the middle of the living room floor at a party I went to one time and we ended up shaving his head and his eyebrows.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gravitypress

I think it should be raised to 25.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By ReVamp

I'll sit this out since where I live you don't have to be 21 to drink.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Billy Batson

I think it should be raised to 70.
BB

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By joshmightbe

I look at it this way, its kind of silly that at 18 we can send people off to die for their country but they can't have a beer

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Final Arrow

The UK has a drinking age of 18..

DeadpoolvIronFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DeadpoolvIronFist

@joshmightbe said:

I look at it this way, its kind of silly that at 18 we can send people off to die for their country but they can't have a beer

Exactly.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I waited till I was twenty-one to drink. It was no rush.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ReVamp
@joshmightbe said:

Touché. That freackin' stupid.
gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gravitypress

@joshmightbe: Yeah well you can show a dead body on TV but not a breast. We are screwed up.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By joshmightbe

@gravitypress: if they make it so you can't vote or join the army until you're 25 then I'll agree with you, but honestly there's no reason that someone who is considered capable of both choosing the president and getting shot in the face for their country shouldn't be allowed to choose whether or not they can have a beer

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By joshmightbe

@gravitypress: I agree with the TV thing you can have a guy get his head cut off but god help you if he says the F**k while it's happening

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Billy Batson

@Final Arrow said:

The UK has a drinking age of 18..

not just The UK :p
BB

Lex Diamonds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lex Diamonds

Yup, I think it should be lowered to 18

rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By rogue_mar1e

It's 18 where I live.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#18  Edited By turoksonofstone
@gravitypress said:

I think it should be raised to 25.

This
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PowerHerc

@joshmightbe said:

Yep. I'd definitely make an exception for people serving in the armed forces, but I'd leave it alone for everyone else.

Avatar image for lord_oraculous016
lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think i should be raised to at-least 25..

i'm 24 and i haven't had a single drop of alcohol.. and that does not prevent me from having fun with my friends.. whenever we go out (which is rarely coz i'm a stay-at-home person) i order cranberry juice and we still have fun.. i still don't get the whole idea of getting drunk for the sake of enjoyment.. well it all goes down to personal preferences..

DarkShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DarkShadows

I don't see what's so special about drinking alcohol, sure there had been time I did the same like everyone else but that because my aunt offered me one and I was too curious to decline. So I think it should stay the age of 21 to drink.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By nefarious

No. It should be raised as high as kite.

Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz

Yes. Especially seeing how we let 18 year olds (17 year olds with parent consent) go join the military and die for their country.

Chibcha1810

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Chibcha1810

I'd like to be able to drink when I can legally be forced to go and kill people. It may be an old thing, but it's there.

Avatar image for thenooseisloose
TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose

I've never seen the draw of drinking. It's a social lubricant that is never needed but commonly sought.

Avatar image for magneticshockwave
MagneticShockwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why? Underage can drink alcohol regardless. The ones that get in trouble are the people (21+) who sell them the drinks or give it to them. 
Only 21+ that want to get underage drunk complains about this lol. 

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By danhimself

definitely not....and this is coming from an alcoholic....alcohol is bad...yes some people can drink responsibly but all it takes is one screw up and someone could be killed and it might not be you

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By _Zombie_

What's the point? I can walk you over to several groups of kids at my high school and point out the ones who drink(I can even tell which drugs most of them do). Lowering it wouldn't do jack. Only difference is all of the teenagers who get hammered at parties would get hammered in bars as well.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ssejllenrad

At each person's thirteenth birthday, people should make them drink alcohol till their breaking point until they get wasted and have the horrible hangover and all those things regrettable so the trauma of over-drinking sticks to each person's mind at an early age. Nyehehehe!

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mortein

here where I live you can legally buy alcohol with 18+ years

DeadpoolvIronFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MagneticShockwave said:

Why? Underage can drink alcohol regardless. The ones that get in trouble are the people (21+) who sell them the drinks or give it to them. Only 21+ that want to get underage drunk complains about this lol.

I'm underage and I'd like to buy it.

Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Larkin1388

@DeadpoolvIronFist said:

@Larkin1388 said:

People at the parties I go to do that to each other quite often. I make sure not to fall asleep on the couch or anything so stuff like this doesn't happen to me. I had a friend who fell asleep on the middle of the living room floor at a party I went to one time and we ended up shaving his head and his eyebrows.

Ah, the good old days lol... They were fun times but now I see how stupid I was. But I have since learned the secret of drinking.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DEGRAAF

I agree if they can go off and fight and die for our country then they should be able to drink, smoke, vote, and drive. None of those things should be able to be done at the same time. If they dont go fight for our country they can wait to have any of it till they are 21 or 25

I started drinking when i was like 12, stealing it from my dad and from my friends parents (with my friends of course). I got drunk alot and did a lot of drinking and driving. Long story short i ended up getting a DWI when i was 20. Had to do the Weekend intervention program. They made me add up the total cost of that night. Came out to somewhere around crashing my truck that night paying for a new truck for me, paying for any damages i caused and for my lawyer cost me around $60,000. I stopped drinking till i was about 23 and no drink on occasion and limit my self to no more than 3 for every night i drink. I was voted the biggest alcoholic out of the 30 people there bc i was the youngest even though some of them were there for their second or third times and the officials knew them by name and knew their families.

They need to put breathalysers in every vehicle.