Do you think that the consumption of dogs and cats should be illegal? Why?

• 173 results
Gymgoer205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you think that the consumption of dogs and cats should be illegal? Why? (77 votes)

Yes 40%
No 60%

Discuss.

• 
dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Three pages without anyone making jokes about eating pussy? I'm impressed Comicvine!

StarWatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By StarWatcher

Yes, they're carnivores. We're not ment to eat carnivores.

Edit: Also I have a feeling a lot of people voted "no" because they thought they were replying to "should we be consuming cats and dogs". I almost voted no by accident.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

Three pages without anyone making jokes about eating pussy? I'm impressed Comicvine!

"Yeah it should be legal. I just can't resist the taste of b*tches and p*ssy."

It was only the 8th post lol

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

@thing150:

I don't doubt the studies that say dogs instinctively listen to humans, but unless there has been much greater research into animal psychology than I suspect, you have no way of proving what cows and pigs feel. It's all conjecture.

Even if some animals do feel more closeness to humans, it still doesn't mean they are any less edible or deserve any special protections. Animals don't have rights in my book.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have a suspicion cows, pigs, chicken and lamb taste better than dogs and cats. I tried rabbit once and it was horrible. That's the closest I came to a meat source that could be arguably similar.

I do agree with those who have mentioned it being a cultural thing. As for it being illegal, depends where you come from. Both animals have long been accepted by western society as companions rather than food sources, and that's a good enough argument for me.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

I am not sure I'd personally eat either if given the option. But that said, I don't think it should be illegal to do so as long as the animal is treated properly during life and given a painless death.

Hence, I wont ban the Chinese from eating dogs, but I wish they treated them better before they ended up on the plate.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I barely eat meat, but no. I only have beef and chicken!

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything apart from humans

We are hypocrites. We lie, cheat, kill for our benefits, even to a subconscious level. No amount of self loathing can change what we are.

Humans are the cancer in a monstrous world.

Deep down we are no different than a animal. But sure we can pretend.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for kaang_the_watcher
Kaang_the_Watcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

I have a suspicion cows, pigs, chicken and lamb taste better than dogs and cats. I tried rabbit once and it was horrible. That's the closest I came to a meat source that could be arguably similar.

My Korean roommate assures me that dog is really good.

I would try it, if given the opportunity. :)

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Many of you argued why we shouldn't eat dogs - we get that. What many if you still fail to argue for is why it should be illegal.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Mortein

I can't think of any reason why I should be able to force on others my opinion that dogs should not be eaten, while at the same time I eat cows and pigs.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#163  Edited By dshipp17

@johnfrank120 said:

Ha no.

Red Cross worker: 'You cannot eat that dog, starving child, it is illegal.'

Starving child: 'But but'

*dies*

There was a documentary where a starving hiker settled on eating his dog, after much struggle. Eating the dog did not suit his stomach well, causing him to regurgitate and make matters worse for himself; the choice left him on the verge of death, until a rescue helicopter arrived for him.

People consider cats and dogs household pets and sometimes members of the family. These people include both people with conventional diets and vegetarians and vegans. I like cats and dogs in the same way. We just don't group them in the same category as chickens, fish, and pigs. So, I do not agree with the consumption of cats and dogs, but understand that in some countries, the citizens do. I guess if I were a vegan, I'd have different feelings, but I have the typical diet and I love meat, mainly chicken and seafood. I guess income level would affect most peoples' judgement, also.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: I eat dogs and cats monthly. It has no side affects.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By dshipp17

@johnfrank120 said:

@dshipp17: I eat dogs and cats monthly. It has no side affects.

Really? Are you kidding me? What country do you reside? This seems difficult to believe. Not saying I'm condemning you for your choices in a meal, I just find your comment hard to believe, unless you're joking.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: Sorry I meant ate. I lived in China for 12 years.

thing150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batwatch said:

@thing150:

I don't doubt the studies that say dogs instinctively listen to humans, but unless there has been much greater research into animal psychology than I suspect, you have no way of proving what cows and pigs feel. It's all conjecture.

Even if some animals do feel more closeness to humans, it still doesn't mean they are any less edible or deserve any special protections. Animals don't have rights in my book.

lol what does make dogs and cats less edible......is the fact that they barely have any meat on them, cows and pigs= fat with lots of meat

dogs and cats= small and thin with barely any meat

why would we eat animals that have barely any meat on them when we can mass slaughter animals with lots of meat on them

and yes the study showed that unlike other animals dogs have been domesticated to the point that they instinctively listen to humans

"you have no way of proving how cows and pigs feel" i don't but there's no video on the internet of a cow crying by the grave of his dead owner or of a cow living at his owners grave for 7 years straight, both of those acts of love were committed by dogs

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo said:

@gymgoer205: You've been spoken to about your attitude with other users before. I'm temp banning this account. See you in a few days.

Best thing I've heard all day

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

My father said the same thing about the rabbit, (:P)

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's pretty normal in certain countries, so whatever, have at it..

It's pretty frowned upon here in the US so I reckon we shouldn't here.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm american, but I grew up abroad. I've seen street cats slung over peoples backs for food and 'dog meat' hung out to sale. I've had pets too, dogs and ferrets. I'm able to differentiate between the two. I've never had dog or cat (my parents would not allow me to eat it) but I know i'm logical enough to see the difference between my pet and someones dinner. So, no, I don't think it should be illegal. Government shouldn't be able to dictate what people eat. However, if you shoot your neighbors dog for sunday dinner, you're a f*cked up individual and you should be fined or even jailed.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

@kaang_the_watcher said:

@ms-lola said:

My father said the same thing about the rabbit, (:P)

I suspect the rabbit was probably cooked incorrectly. You're supposed to cook it by boiling it once or twice, for a long period of time, to empty the contents and rinse the rabbit; after you do that, you than proceed to cook it. I'm not sure what happened in your case, but, after cooking it in this manner, the rabbit tasted similar to bowled chicken, but better; I could have eaten at least one rabbit by myself; I was sucking the meat from the bones; maybe it was how your rabbit was cooked.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: Probably. I think I've had rabbit more than once in my life, but that particular time sticks out in my memory. Could be that he spit roasted it, which not only ruined any chance of succulence, but also left a really bad impression on me as a kid.