do you think homosexuality is abnormal (read op)

• 79 results
Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Abnormal does not mean bad/immoral

I'm currently writing an essay for my enc1102 class about whether homosexuality is abnormal or not

This isn't helping me,this isn't cheating,i won't copy your text and put it in my essay. I wanted to see some friendly debate abouy the topic im writing about.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not really, it common for humans and other animals

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Only 2% of humans are homosexuals. Therefore its not normal.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Define 'abnormal'.

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandarinestro: abnormal,the opposite of normal. Vaginal sex is considered normal because when a female is sexually aroused vaginal lubrication occurrs. Vaginal lubrication makes vaginal sex less painful and more safe more women. The rectum does not produce any natural lubrication,which leads me to believe it was not meant for sex, therefore it is abnormal.now obviously male don't have female sex organs so they have to resort to the rectum.but the rectum has no natural lubrication,so that leads me to believe homosexuality is abnormal since homosexuals can only have abnormal sex.

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: statistics show that when scientists study homosexuality in animals, the percentage of homosexuality is higher in captive environment than it is in the wild.which leads me to believe that there is a third variable causing the homosexuality in captive environments since it is constantly higher than the percentage in the wild.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandarinestro: i just make a convincing argument ,its really an endless debate

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

There is no such thing as normal

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10 SC  Moderator

Depends how you define abnormal. In the sense of say unusual, or unrepresentative of the whole, then sure, homosexuality is abnormal, because most humans are generally considered heterosexual, but its a loaded term to use, because many definitions and applications of the word abnormal carry negative connotations. The first definition of the word that google gave me for example was "deviating from what is normal or usual, typically in a way that is undesirable or worrying" thing is asking if homosexuality is relatively less common than heterosexuality is a pretty… its like asking if most humans are redheaded. Well thats an easy answer, no. Being naturally redheaded is quite uncommon, and "abnormal" so such questions sound like trick questions.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

depends where you live, in russia/poland you can assault homosexuals without repercussions however in USA/canada you treat them with respect

also using 'natural' world to defend/attack homosex relations is a bad thing, since you can use that also to defend rape/murder/cannibalism and other non-human behaviour

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.
They by a definition cannot reproduce by natural way and oftenly have some wierd minds, so they are not natural. Is this wrong? I say yes. The gays and transgenders are disgusting. Some bi can be tolerable, however, he. Am i thinking that they shall be prosecuted or assaulted? Well, more likely not - if they don't show this on public they can do with themselfs all they want.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Homosexuality isn't natural and neither is cooking food before eating it.

Yet people do it, so maybe it is.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Uncommon" is a better way of putting it.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Society dictates what is and what isn't normal. You should look at it from the society angle, it's the only angle that really matters.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of courae its not normal lol.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

well it's not exactly what evolution designed us for, but think of all the things we'd be without if everyone throughout history only used things for their intended purpose

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not normal. The media are making it seem normal but it's not. A lot of people turned out to be gay out the blue randomly.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By midnightdragon18
Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well considering under 5% of the population are lgbt, yes. I think the better word would be uncommon. Kind of like people who are over 7 feet tall or have albinism.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Technically, sex thats not for baby making is abnormal--including oral, jerkng it, but we still do that.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Superguy1591

@sodamyat: up the number: 10% of the population is gay.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PartialSanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Homosexuality is apparently less common than potentially controversial Off-Topic threads.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@superguy1591: Where did you see that 10% are gay?

Sounds more like a rumor. It's also impossible to verify because not everyone considers gay to be the same thing (example, LGBT), not all gay people are open about their sexuality, and not all countries disclose that information. Iran claims they have 0 gay people.

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

@sodamyat said:

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say so, since most people aren't and its not really what the human body was designed for.

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness said:

Not really, it common for humans and other animals

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

There is no such thing as normal

this

@sc said:

Depends how you define abnormal. In the sense of say unusual, or unrepresentative of the whole, then sure, homosexuality is abnormal, because most humans are generally considered heterosexual, but its a loaded term to use, because many definitions and applications of the word abnormal carry negative connotations. The first definition of the word that google gave me for example was "deviating from what is normal or usual, typically in a way that is undesirable or worrying" thing is asking if homosexuality is relatively less common than heterosexuality is a pretty… its like asking if most humans are redheaded. Well thats an easy answer, no. Being naturally redheaded is quite uncommon, and "abnormal" so such questions sound like trick questions.

and this. Always good points, SC.

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I support homosexuality rights in every way possible, shape or form equal to heterosexuals, but in most mammals I think homosexuality is not something that is normal. There maybe a few outliers out there.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know it abnormal. Which is why it is being asked to begin with versus you asking is heterosexuality normal.

The fact that you have to ask that speaks for itself.

Batmanx2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@kfabz-23: media on it typical ways nowadays

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gay

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I don't quite understand homosexuality, but I won't say that it's abnormal. Some may view that as disrespectful, and I'm against disrespecting people based on differences of race, gender, or sexual orientation

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Superguy1591

@dngn4774 said:

@silkyballfro94 said:

@superguy1591: Where did you see that 10% are gay?

Sounds more like a rumor. It's also impossible to verify because not everyone considers gay to be the same thing (example, LGBT), not all gay people are open about their sexuality, and not all countries disclose that information. Iran claims they have 0 gay people.

It's supposed to be an estimate of how many people are actually gay. The 1% if how much identify as gay, but, we can use that (1%) as the correct number.

Doesnt matter though, only 0.01% of the animal kingdom have sex for pleasure, but that doesn't make humans abnormal, does it?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#43  Edited By laflux

@sc said:

JugJugBanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are RARE and BEAUTIFUL butterflies that live outside my door. They represent less than 3% of the butterfly population on this continent.

Because they are rare does not make them 'abnormal'. If somone is born to the disputed 3%-12% queer populaton demographic of the public at large, this does not make them 'abnormal.'

it makes them a Sante Fe sunset or a Bali Island sunrise rather than an LA area smoggiest at dusk or morning skyline.

I say this as someone supporting PFLAG but also someone on;y attracted to Kat Dennings and Serena Williams bending over.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, yes. "Abnormal" seems like a rather strong word somehow. Just to be clear, that doesn't mean I think they should stop, or they should not have rights or anything of the sorts.

JugJugBanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Abnormal is not = small minority abroad.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what do you mean by "normal"? Do you mean for the average person? Because in that case, considering only around 10% of the population like the same sex, then it isn't "normal" by that definition as only an underwhelming majority are homosexual

But if by normal you mean natural then yes, it is, its not a conscious decision to be homosexual, I think recently scientists have uncovered a gene related to homosexuality, so yeah, its very normal

JugJugBanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JugJugBanks

to say that queer nature is "conscious" is akin to saying that being born with hazel-grey eyes is conscious.

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers