• 126 results
Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pfcoolio14

When I say hitting, I mean physical punishment like spanking with a belt, hand, etc. from the parent.

All in all, do you think putting a hand on a kid is ok?

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hell no.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

No but I'm willing to make an exception for a few punk ass teen agers I know

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yes. Spankings are necessary. Belt or hand. Just don't get out of hand with it and start going crazy.

My dad would whoop me with a belt, and I tell ya, I was a damn good kid.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I think that the necessary societal reinforcement of such forms of punishment have eroded to such a degree that it is no longer effective.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

No. I was never hit as a child and I like to think I turned out okay. Just take away things they care about if they act up, they'll get the message.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I'd never do, nor I ever really had a spanking, belt or other wise. i've been hit in the hand. Look I don't think it's as black and white as people put it, kids respond to different things.Abusing a child is not right no matter what.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Seems I'm alone on this boat, haha.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

You're a psycho

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: My parents beat the crap out of me and I spent most of my teen years and 20s as a wreck of a person but I believe if they'd have been more moderate (or sane) with it I'd have been Okay, I know lots of well adjusted people whose parents gave them a swat or two when they had it coming.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

I think spankings are ok, but hitting/punching isn't.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Wolverine008

No. Hitting your kids is a sign of losing self control. Not a good example for your kids. Talk to them, and take away things they care about them if they don't understand the rules.

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh. Depending on how naughty the kid is.

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to think yes, spanking is the right thing to do, until I did it and then I felt so awful I can't even express the gut wrenching feeling.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 the_stegman  Moderator

@joshmightbe: Well I'm not a parent, so I really can't weigh in too much on this topic, I know it must be hard to raise a child and the temptation to give them a little slap must be strong sometimes, but I see some parents go WAY overboard with it in public, slapping the kids just because they pick up something in a store. Like come on, violence shouldn't be the FIRST solution you go to.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Eternal19

If you mean spanking then yes

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's alright in moderation, when the kid's still young and rebellious. I was beaten the crap out of as a kid, but long as the parents explain to the child the error of his ways after the beating, I think it does work for most kids. Hell what do I know about parenting, but hey, I turned out alright. Pretty much once most kids hit the 13 to 14 year old mark, the physical punishment starts switching to groundings and verbal arguments.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If its this kid, then its okay.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

No.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I got beat bad by my parents and it just made me angrier and they came to regret it eventually, but I do think a wakeup slap is justified in certain situations.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By danhimself

freaking hippies in this thread...yes...spanking a child when they've done something bad is ok...you're their parent not their buddy

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By SOG7dc

I refer to the bible here "spare the rod spoil

The child" I got spankings and turned out fine. I have the conversations with my mother about how I'd rather not do it but I will refer to the wisdom of God and not my own

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Manchine

Spanking should be a last resort but yes it should be used. When necessary.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#27 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

No spankings or whoopings, but I might employ some wrist locks or pain compliance. Just like the dog, a little flick on the nose works just fine. No marks, no damage, no continued or excessive pain and no mental trauma.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This is why the current generation is filled of brats. "NO SPANKING, IT'S HORRIBLE." Get real.

A simple spanking, with a belt or hand is fine. Hell, the kids were more in control because the teachers got to do the ruler smack to the wrist.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got whoopins and I turned out fine.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is why the current generation is filled of brats. "NO SPANKING, IT'S HORRIBLE." Get real.

A simple spanking, with a belt or hand is fine. Hell, the kids were more in control because the teachers got to do the ruler smack to the wrist.

Mmhmm. Word.

Remember me and my friends used to lay glue on our hands and let it harden, just to lessen the pain of the whipping cane.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, my parents made a point of never hitting me and I turned out just fine.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#32  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I'd never do, nor I ever really had a spanking, belt or other wise. i've been hit in the hand. Look I don't think it's as black and white as people put it, kids respond to different things.Abusing a child is not right no matter what.

I have to agree with you on the idea that it's not as black and white as people put it. If you weren't spanked and you turned out fine, that doesn't mean someone else who was will turn out the same. There are alot of different factors that weigh on a child's behavior.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely. Raised in a Jamaican household, I was spanked when I needed it. I wasn't hit often due to the fact that I learn quick but still. As long as it's moderation I vehemently support it.

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Oscuro

I have no issue with disciplining children this way. I got my ass whooped plenty as a youngster. Never abused though. It may work for some and not for others. If I have children I'll probably use it as more of a last resort, verbal correction should do the trick more often than not.

BadVoodoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BadVoodoo

If my son robbed another kid i'd do a "WHAT THE HELLS THE MATTER WITH YOU" backhand smack.

If my son is trying to go out when i said hes grounded and ignores me i'd pull him inside.

If my son had a knife and was trying to kill and said he was going to stab me "serious or out of spite" i'd punch him in the gut.

If my Daughter did any of the following, I'd give her a soft "WHAT THE HELLS THE MATTER WITH YOU" 2 finger smack, for 2 and 3 i'd put an iced cloth on the back of the neck, works like a charm for breaking up cat fights.

I wouldn't hit my child, maybe once so he doesn't turn into a pussy that flinches at pain when where playing around but i wouldn't hit him. I'd just tell him and he'll listen.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#36  Edited By Teerack

Some times.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. I don't think hitting children makes them behave any better. You can bring a child up and do a good job without hitting them.

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, violent solutions are for the weak-minded and the lazy.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SideburnGuru

@juliedc said:

Nope, violent solutions are for the weak-minded and the lazy.

Oh, you mean like the generation that didn't get spanked or disciplined well?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@sideburnguru: Oh my God...sideburn I think we may agree on something!

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe when a child turns 3yrs old you have a right to hit them in the throat or the stomach. if you old enough to talk back then you old enough to get F*cked up!!!!end quote Physical pain is a good deterrent and motivator. Ask any slave and they will agree

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By JulieDC

@sideburnguru: Whatever, I stand by what I said, will not be changing my opinion and having seen your behavior in other threads, I have no desire to debate with you as it would be a huge waste of my time. Have a nice life.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

I believe when a child turns 3yrs old you have a right to hit them in the throat or the stomach. if you old enough to talk back then you old enough to get F*cked up!!!!

-Bernie Mac

Mild_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think anyone hitting anyone else is particularly ok. I'm not really sure how I'm going to cope with this if/when I become a parent, but I was spanked as a child & consider myself well-adjusted and very well-behaved, though chalk that up to great parenting.

Think I'd rather focus on being a parent instead of a disciplinarian and figure out non-violent ways to discipline my child.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juliedc said:

@sideburnguru: Whatever, I stand by what I said, will not be changing my opinion and having seen your behavior in other threads, I have no desire to debate with you as it would be a huge waste of my time. Have a nice life.

Okay, I know I act like a smug rude, s.o.b. in some of them, but I'm pretty sure I acknowledge that in those threads, and I've gained mutal respect because I'm upfront when I'm about to be biased. Let's not already start to say I have such a horrible rep here.

I don't think anyone hitting anyone else is particularly ok. I'm not really sure how I'm going to cope with this if/when I become a parent, but I was spanked as a child & consider myself well-adjusted and very well-behaved, though chalk that up to great parenting.

Think I'd rather focus on being a parent instead of a disciplinarian and figure out non-violent ways to discipline my child.

I really respect that, and I think that's pretty cool based off your experience with it. Well played.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: Your jamacian too? Well I am not entirely, but my parents are. I got ass whoppings everyday with any item they could find. But that all stopped last year lol

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#49 JediXMan  Moderator

Wasn't hit, and I turned out fine.

I couldn't imagine myself hitting my (future) kids. I have this sort of protective nature in me for kids.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that kid a child soldier?