Do you think Comic Vine is a progressive place?

• 78 results
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Well I'm progressive dammnit.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#52  Edited By Samimista

@White Mage said:

@Samimista said:

@White Mage said:

@Samimista said:

@White Mage said:

In some ways, it's like the new cast of Degrassi

In other ways, it's the original cast of Degrassi

Mage knows Degrassi? =O I keep earning more and more respect for you. Original Degrassi for the win by the way!

These new actors just....................they don't...............................it's just not the same.lol

One I believe was on a show called Naturally Sadie. Not sure if she's on Degrassi anymore but she was when I watched. JT was such a cutie. <3

Oh HELL...Heather Sinclaire's sister? She was the beginning of the end for me.lol

JT was.............he was adorbs..............................I HATED that they killed him off.

That was the shows worse mistake. =( And yeah it was her. Haven't tuned in that show in a few years.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@SC said:

Not really no, both as far as other websites and/or in general terms as far as how I think it could be. I would almost say CV is regressive and backwards but I think its more accurate to say its more young, naive and sheltered. Its not really by accident either, since a lot more of CV's articles and editorials tend to do with the narrative and presupposing ideas and themes as if the characters were real than looking to address the fictional creative aspects. Your going to attract a younger crowd by virtue of that.

This is a site that I have seen posters believe that only females can be feminists, posters who think that the site only has Americans posting, in fact the poster Masterjohn is actually a good example of this sites capacity to reason forwardly since whether he was sincere or a troll, way too many people got worked up over him, in ways where people traded in their self restraint for the desire to give him potentially what he wanted. I mean such a poster you can ignore? Or you can interact with in ways that you sincerely enjoy and that benefit you, the same way you should treat other posters. No one should really be or get worked up. Which reminds me of the time a guy using a fake profile picture and avatar of a popular scene girl created a You Vs Me thread in Battles and got about 5 pages of awkward and "subtle" posts from guys trying to chat him/her up.

Oh and its hard to find real sincere discussion often as well, so often posters side step actual arguments and only address strawmen arguments. Oh and I haven't even brought up evolution and its deniers. The good thing about CV is that its trying though, and its heart is in the right place and its got a good core set of creative and friendly protectors and progressive posters, many often under recognized and under appreciated and unsung, that are ultra patient and ultra understanding, that led by example and try to emphasize that false confidence, intellectual arrogance and superficial popularity are weak compared to sincere, thoughtful and considered dialogue and discussion with everyone and anyone regardless of anything else.

It's a website dedicated to comics. How much maturity can we really expect in an open internet forum like this.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By charlieboy

I love the fact that Degrassi is being discussed. lol

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Samimista said:

@White Mage said:

@Samimista said:

@White Mage said:

@Samimista said:

@White Mage said:

In some ways, it's like the new cast of Degrassi

In other ways, it's the original cast of Degrassi

Mage knows Degrassi? =O I keep earning more and more respect for you. Original Degrassi for the win by the way!

These new actors just....................they don't...............................it's just not the same.lol

One I believe was on a show called Naturally Sadie. Not sure if she's on Degrassi anymore but she was when I watched. JT was such a cutie. <3

Oh HELL...Heather Sinclaire's sister? She was the beginning of the end for me.lol

JT was.............he was adorbs..............................I HATED that they killed him off.

That was the shows worse mistake. =( And yeah it was her. Haven't tuned in that show in a few years.

ONE of them.......Emma and Spinner got married!!

To the bold: YOU AIN'T MISSIN NOTHIN!!

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#56  Edited By InnerVenom123

It's a very good place to find trolls to mess with.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By KnightRise

If by progressive you mean agreeing with me, then yes (;

In seriousness, I'm a pretty liberal-leaning non-theist (and not on purpose, either). There are users here that are conservative, devotely religious, and/or both, that I have the upmost respect for because they can articulate their opinions, use rationale, don't act like bigots, and can agree to disagree. BatWatch, pooty (most of the time :P), King Saturn, a few others. To me, that is the definition of progressive.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Blood1991

I think as we discuss with people who come from all races, backgrounds and sexual orientations that we enhance our understandings of people as a whole. What makes us similar and different. However, some topics we as a whole shy away from.

I'd say we are getting there.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@charlieboy said:

I love the fact that Degrassi is being discussed. lol

It's been on my heart lately.....which would explain why my heart has been so heavy recently.lol

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#60  Edited By charlieboy

@White Mage: I had to stop watching it because I thought Riley was hot and I felt like a dirty old man. Lol

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By Aiden Cross

In some ways i think of the vine as Highschool. Cliques, backstabbing and gossiping but as long as you stick with your friends you're probably alright. Bullying and crushes and drama. And when you finally think you educated some people on their opinions and how to conduct themselves a new class comes in and you have to start all over **sigh**

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#62  Edited By danhimself

it's a mixed bag....some users are incredibly supportive of others views and opinions and some are incredibly hostile towards anyone who doesn't share their beliefs

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#63  Edited By Mercy_

@Aiden Cross said:

In some ways i think of the vine as Highschool. Cliques, backstabbing and gossiping but as long as you stick with your friends you're probably alright. Bullying and crushes and drama. And when you finally think you educated some people on their opinions and how to conduct themselves a new class comes in and you have to start all over **sigh**

This sums it up pretty perfectly, actually.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#64  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Mercy_ said:

@Aiden Cross said:

I am the kid who says nice things during class and then flicks food at your table during lunch.

I'm terrible.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By Aiden Cross

@Decoy: Don't worry, i'm the guy that shoots spitballs at you for payback in class :p

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Aiden Cross: I can dodge, I can dodge. :P

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Mercy_ said:

@Aiden Cross said:

So what's the "Open Letter To Courtney" thread then?

A texting war?

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Decoy Elite

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Mercy_ said:

@Aiden Cross said:

A texting war?

It's less high school and more elementary.

And it's great.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#69  Edited By SC  Moderator

@Lunacyde said:

@SC said:

Not really no, both as far as other websites and/or in general terms as far as how I think it could be. I would almost say CV is regressive and backwards but I think its more accurate to say its more young, naive and sheltered. Its not really by accident either, since a lot more of CV's articles and editorials tend to do with the narrative and presupposing ideas and themes as if the characters were real than looking to address the fictional creative aspects. Your going to attract a younger crowd by virtue of that.

This is a site that I have seen posters believe that only females can be feminists, posters who think that the site only has Americans posting, in fact the poster Masterjohn is actually a good example of this sites capacity to reason forwardly since whether he was sincere or a troll, way too many people got worked up over him, in ways where people traded in their self restraint for the desire to give him potentially what he wanted. I mean such a poster you can ignore? Or you can interact with in ways that you sincerely enjoy and that benefit you, the same way you should treat other posters. No one should really be or get worked up. Which reminds me of the time a guy using a fake profile picture and avatar of a popular scene girl created a You Vs Me thread in Battles and got about 5 pages of awkward and "subtle" posts from guys trying to chat him/her up.

Oh and its hard to find real sincere discussion often as well, so often posters side step actual arguments and only address strawmen arguments. Oh and I haven't even brought up evolution and its deniers. The good thing about CV is that its trying though, and its heart is in the right place and its got a good core set of creative and friendly protectors and progressive posters, many often under recognized and under appreciated and unsung, that are ultra patient and ultra understanding, that led by example and try to emphasize that false confidence, intellectual arrogance and superficial popularity are weak compared to sincere, thoughtful and considered dialogue and discussion with everyone and anyone regardless of anything else.

It's a website dedicated to comics. How much maturity can we really expect in an open internet forum like this.

For me its not about expecting maturity, since its not something I generally expect, but recognizing and appreciating where it is, where ever it is. I do tend to find it on CV, 'despite' its dedication to comics, and other places as well. Some places more, some places less, for various consistent reasons typically.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By InnerVenom123

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Decoy Elite

@InnerVenom123 said:

Not as funny when you consider he made one because of the other. :P

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#72  Edited By joshmightbe

Actually this site tends to impede any kind of progress in any area aside from advanced procrastination for me.

Kovak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Kovak

@Imagine_Man15 said:

Well, MasterJohn is gone... I'd call that progressive.

Here's something to make you think again...he's back.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Nelomaxwell

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Mercy_ said:

@Aiden Cross said:

A texting war?

That brother is comedy.

@Decoy Elite said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Not as funny when you consider he made one because of the other. :P

Actually sir. I made the latter in response to the transexual thread.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@Nelomaxwell said:

@Imagine_Man15: Who is this Master John I keep hearing about?

You have extremely poor awareness. Shame. :p

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Nelomaxwell

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

I was gone for months.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@Nelomaxwell said:

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

I was gone for months.

Well, maybe that's good. You avoided months of annoyance :D

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@charlieboy said:

@White Mage: I had to stop watching it because I thought Riley was hot and I felt like a dirty old man. Lol

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! He gets points for being his age, and having body hair....that's not the norm of today's society.lol