This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11696 posts) - - Show Bio

i believe that a woman has a right to choose. whether or not i agree with her decision and respect her as a person depends completely on the circumstances surrounding it though.

#152 Posted by InnerSuperman (858 posts) - - Show Bio

why should rich old men decide what woman do? im pro choice you cant tell somebody what do do with there body

#153 Posted by pooty (10303 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@pooty said:

People who oppose abortion are stereotyped as being "religious" just as people who don't like gays are automatically considered religious. People blame religion for the acts of people who are not even religious.

Personally, I don't think that way (about the abortion issue) however I am comfortable finding religion to blame for those who don't like homosexuals. Why would you not like them otherwise? Someone being gay shouldn't be a factor in whether you like them as an individual.

not only are americans religious but they are macho. To a lot of men it is not "manly" to like another man. Some say sex is for procreation. Neither of those arguments are supported by the Bible. If the Bible never existed I think men especially would still have a big problem with it. That is why very few male athletes or rappers come out as gay. Swearing, sex before marriage, adultery is spoken against in the Bible MORE TIMES then homosexuality. But men have no problem breaking those commandments. So it must be something more then the Bible that makes them dislike homosexuality. Personally speaking, when someone ask me why i don't like homosexuality, I have NEVER mentioned a religious belief.

#154 Edited by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08

It just sincerely confuses me why anyone would have a problem with homosexuality. None of my Christian friends hold the belief homosexuality is wrong, most sincerely see it as not being their business. Homophobic people confuse me the most -- why are they so threatened by it? It makes no sense. Why does it make them so uncomfortable, you know?

@pooty said:

@lykopis said:

@pooty said:

People who oppose abortion are stereotyped as being "religious" just as people who don't like gays are automatically considered religious. People blame religion for the acts of people who are not even religious.

Personally, I don't think that way (about the abortion issue) however I am comfortable finding religion to blame for those who don't like homosexuals. Why would you not like them otherwise? Someone being gay shouldn't be a factor in whether you like them as an individual.

not only are americans religious but they are macho. To a lot of men it is not "manly" to like another man. Some say sex is for procreation. Neither of those arguments are supported by the Bible. If the Bible never existed I think men especially would still have a big problem with it. That is why very few male athletes or rappers come out as gay. Swearing, sex before marriage, adultery is spoken against in the Bible MORE TIMES then homosexuality. But men have no problem breaking those commandments. So it must be something more then the Bible that makes them dislike homosexuality. Personally speaking, when someone ask me why i don't like homosexuality, I have NEVER mentioned a religious belief.

It being manly or not shouldn't be a factor in not liking a group of people. Why would that be a problem? I mean, I understand if someone feels they don't have much in common with someone therefore they do not become close friends or even social friends, but why have an opinion about what people like and don't like when it comes to relationships? Would you make mention of someone who likes blue eyes, attraction-wise and claim you don't like people who are attracted to blue eyes? I am being sincere here, I really feel this is a fair analogy. Do you judge men in terms of being manly? Macho wise? The more macho, the more you like them?

#155 Posted by Wolverine08 (26196 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: I can't speak for all homophobes, but I do know why "Christian" homophobes act the way they do. They aren't truly followers of God, they are just hateful homophobes twisting Christianity to try make their irrational hatred seem legitament.

#156 Edited by PartialSanity (433 posts) - - Show Bio

http://theworstpageintheuniverse.com/images/regressive_ws.jpg

I wore this t-shirt out in public long ago. The looks I got were priceless.

#157 Posted by ComicStooge (9574 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_arrow said:

@v_scarlotte_rose: Yeah you are right i should go and kill that guy who I consider his face pretty similar to that guy who raped me and because he is a constant reminder of a tramatic, degrading event and that hurts me a lot.

My reasons weren't based on the child looking like the rapist, the child being there at all is the reminder. At the point of abortion it probably wouldn't look like either parent anyway, so looks don't really come into it at all.

So why should I have to suffer more after having already been raped?

You could just give the baby up for adoption or the like.

The baby shouldn't be put to death before it even gets a chance to live.

That's my opinion, anyway.

#158 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

#159 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15872 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

I expected something like this from InnerVenom123.....but you? XD

#160 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio
#161 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#162 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15872 posts) - - Show Bio
#163 Posted by Saren (24278 posts) - - Show Bio

You just know that if Kingjohnrocks found this thread he'd be posting dead babies all over it.

#164 Edited by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio
#165 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: Already seen and had to take a shower, thanks Tosh :D

#166 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15872 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@theacidskull: @fuchsia_nightingale:

Seriously, I won't. But I really, really want to post that baby cake....

Don't do it! DON'T DO IT! then i'd be forced to take part in stuff like that too!

#167 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio
#168 Posted by Veshark (8485 posts) - - Show Bio

In circumstances like rape and incest yeah, but I don't really support the idea of abortion.

I'm probably not that qualified to say much beyond that; me not being a woman and having no experience in this area of life...but I did take classes in college dealing with abortion and the moral/social issues surrounding it. Pretty traumatic and graphic lessons those were...salt poisoning and D&C and all that...

#169 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

Thesaying its a womans body so she can do what she wants is crazy. So what women can openly murder, and men cant. This is so wrong. Its murder, murder is illegal and wrong. If you think its ok to kill it unless it is a direct threat to moms health. Trying to justify abortiin is like trying to justify the samdyhook elementry school shooting

#171 Edited by TDK_1997 (13663 posts) - - Show Bio

Men should not have an opinion here.It's the woman's body and if she doesn't want a baby then she can have an abortion.It's up to her to choose.

#172 Posted by Juiceboks (5885 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@martyyy15 said:

Thesaying its a womans body so she can do what she wants is crazy. So what women can openly murder, and men cant. This is so wrong. Its murder, murder is illegal and wrong. If you think its ok to kill it unless it is a direct threat to moms health. Trying to justify abortiin is like trying to justify the samdyhook elementry school shooting

You are an idiot.

Lol. On the subject, I believe women should have the right to do with their bodies how they please. In cases involving rape,incest or health risks then I would support it. However if a women decides to deem abortion as a fail safe so she can have wild and rampant sex, then that becomes a problem. But, it's not my problem.

#173 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: wow great counter argumwmt. Murder is murder

#174 Edited by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@martyyy15:

Thanks...and I intend to have an abortion in your honour. You're welcome.

#175 Edited by TheAcidSkull (15872 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm trying my hardest not to laugh at this

#176 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: your the one trying to justify murder...and can we keep it civil, im not insulting you. And you had no right to, insult me, you are entitled to your opinion and imgpt no issue debating this with you. But can we try to do it as adults not 13 year olds?

#177 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@martyyy15:

You've been insulting non-stop. Equating people who are pro-choice to that tragedy is flat out disgusting.

#178 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (4465 posts) - - Show Bio

It's disturbing. I don't agree with abortion nor would I support it on a daily basis.

I mean yeah, you may argue that it's a woman's body and she should have a choice on what to do with it. But then again it's all a life of an innocent child unaware of the things going on. It's disgusting to think that one should resort to such practice just so she can go to a party. It's an innocent life no matter how you justify or say otherwise to yourself and the rest of the world you have just killed a child. You can throw in every definition on how you define the word "child" or argue about it, but in all case true and real you just killed your own child.

Abortion is just plain wrong to me, specially if it's for a shallow reason. IMO.

#179 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: ok maybe that was a bit far. Still murder is murder. And I dont believe that is a straight up insult, you only interpret as such. But could you please quote me when I directly insulted you?

#180 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio
#181 Edited by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

There you go.

#182 Edited by WillPayton (8405 posts) - - Show Bio

Would you clarify something for me? Do you consider abortion of a fetus that is basically a handful of cells to be murder? If so, why?

#183 Edited by TheAcidSkull (15872 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: Please Ignore him Lyko, he'll just make you angry :(

#184 Posted by CrouchingTiger (148 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it ironic when people oppose the death penalty and are pro-choice.

Don't kill murderers, kill babies instead lol

#185 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@crouchingtiger:

Fetus. Fetus. Fetus. Not a baby, not a child == fetus.

Abortion is legal and that's that. Any opinions in regards to it being wrong is just that. An opinion. Fair enough.

#186 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio
#187 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: its a life a human life. Murder is illegal.

#188 Posted by CrouchingTiger (148 posts) - - Show Bio
#189 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: im sorry but that is not a straight up insult. Its an imdirect statement making an assumed premose based on what I believe. In no way did I openly insult you...but just to be fair, im sorry thst that post made you feel insulted.

#190 Edited by ComicStooge (9574 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@crouchingtiger:

Fetus. Fetus. Fetus. Not a baby, not a child == fetus.

Abortion is legal and that's that. Any opinions in regards to it being wrong is just that. An opinion. Fair enough.

But fetuses generally become children, that's the reason people are against it.

#191 Edited by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio
#192 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio
#193 Posted by ComicStooge (9574 posts) - - Show Bio
#194 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: im sorry but that is not a straight up insult. Its an imdirect statement making an assumed premose based on what I believe. In no way did I openly insult you...but just to be fair, im sorry thst that post made you feel insulted.

Where is it being indirect? You said very clearly trying to justify abortion is like trying to justify what happened in that school. That is your belief -- okay -- and it's an insulting belief. Why you are having a hard time understanding that is on you.

#195 Edited by consolemaster001 (4471 posts) - - Show Bio

Only when doctors declare with reasonable certainty that the continuation of pregnancy will endanger the woman's life.Either abort the unborn child or let a living woman die. Obviously, the latter is greater than the former; therefore, abortion should allowed to save the live person.

#196 Edited by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge:

Every menstrual cycle must be the death of a child then. Same with when males ejaculate into something or onto something that isn't a fertile womb.

#197 Posted by CrouchingTiger (148 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: when do YOU consider the fetus a child? 9 months? Birth? What if it's premature? Is it a fetus, but out of the womb, so u can kill it? So logical

#198 Edited by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: when do YOU consider the fetus a child? 9 months? Birth? What if it's premature? Is it a fetus, but out of the womb, so u can kill it? So logical

Birth. A premature birth is still birth.

This is why abortion is legal.

#199 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: yes but that is a natural biological function. Having some doc scrape an unborn baby out of you is not natural. Therefore they are not equal. Also I made a general statement and I did apoligize for it offending you.

#200 Edited by CrouchingTiger (148 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: But that premature baby is in the same stage of development as the unborn fetus of the same age.... basically your stance is "out of sight, out of mind"

What people really want (most of the time) IMHO is convenience. They want to have all the sex they can and not own up to the responsibility of a child when they get pregnant. So they say "its a fetus" so they don't feel like a murderer when they have an abortion