This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by russellmania77 (15667 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: do you smell what the rock is cooking?

#102 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

Support it? Hell, I'm having one right now.

@lykopis You might wanna get the grill on <3

It's ready to go!

#103 Edited by Ultra_beleco (184 posts) - - Show Bio

I support abortion by the way.

#104 Posted by judasnixon (6648 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: They tried to play every dirty trick in the book, but I think Wendy Davis won it, But don't quote me on that. That state to the west of me (whom shall not be named) Is doing ever under handed thing to over throw it........ The Daily Show Had a really good piece on it this week......... Don't know if you get that show up there? Give it up to Wendy for an elven hour filibuster........

#105 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29509 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

I find them tasty.

This is so f**king wrong.

Babies aren't cute.

#106 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123:

Plump though, no? All that matters...

@lykopis: They tried to play every dirty trick in the book, but I think Wendy Davis won it, But don't quote me on that. That state to the west of me (whom shall not be named) Is doing ever under handed thing to over throw it........ The Daily Show Had a really good piece on it this week......... Don't know if you get that show up there? Give it up to Wendy for an elven hour filibuster........

That's the thing -- supposedly it's happening again, despite what that brave woman did. I hope the country is keeping tabs on this. (I do get that show up here, haven't seen it for a while though).

#107 Posted by Mercy_ (92857 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing that was incredible about that (watched it live) is that at the end...it wasn't really Wendy that won it...it was the people.

And even then, the Reps tried to play dirty.

#108 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam: I dont think a pregnancy itself would scar anyone mentally unless some type of phobia or something develops. An in your story it was the bullying that more than likely caused it. If she were to get praised day to day for her pregnancy I would think things would turn out different.

#109 Posted by Vortex13 (12265 posts) - - Show Bio

I push for as much people as possible to get abortions. How else am I going to get those tender fetuses? I mean sure baby's are tasty, but fetuses are just out of this world good!

#110 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

Hate children so i support it, i always laugh my ass off when people when they say life begins at conception, until you reach 18 i can barely even count you as a human being.

#111 Edited by MagnificentStorm (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

@dh69: omg wow ur mean.

An.there a children that have done some amazing things adults do as well

#112 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

@magnificentstorm said:

I may think the approach is extreme, but you're not helping yourself.

#113 Posted by pooty (11373 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like aborting children....but wouldn't mind aborting some adults

#114 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@oblivionknight: The exceptions (rape, incest, danger to the mother, etc.) make up like 1% of all abortions being performed. It's a common copout, used to justify the other 99%. Even if we were willing to keep it on the table for those purposes only (which I'm actually ok with), the backlash from progressives and feminist organizations would be enormous.

#115 Edited by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

@magnificentstorm said:

i was holding back when i typed that, i despise those little mouth breathers, and i am one of those people that literally uses the derogatory word "breeders". If there was an island where they sent the the worst criminals on earth, murderers and rapists etc, where there wasnt a child within 200 miles, and there was an 97% chance of me being bent over and forced to squeel like a pig while my intestines were used as a jumprope. i would walk down to the beach kick off my shoes and start swimming if it meant never having to deal another child ever again.

And before you say somethin like "you were a child too once", you are right i was, and i was probably a little douche.

#116 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I pro-abortion? I paid for a few, but I wouldn't call myself a pro! *crickets*

I like abortion. I'm glad its an option, but I also wish we didn't need it.

#117 Posted by MistressOfTheElements (514 posts) - - Show Bio

I think abortion has become an out of control answer to unwanted pregnancy. I think women are responsible for their own actions and should be accountable. There are exceptions, however, that would be acceptable. I am no pro choice or pro life. I believe there are valid points to both sides.

It saddens me to see women of all ages acting irresponsibly and choosing to abort the fetus/baby/embryo or whatever you want to call it. That thing, called any of the previous names, has a heartbeat after only 6 wks. It should be a last resort to kill it and only if there is no other option.

Rape, molestation, etc are definitely acceptable uses of abortion but there are still other options.

There are too many couples or individuals out there that crave a child of their own but cannot conceive. Why not carry the baby and give it a chance to make someone else happy and have a chance at life.

On the other hand, there are too many unwanted children that are simply discarded after birth in trash cans or mistreated, neglected, abused by their parents. The children don't deserve the life they are living and maybe the parent should have chosen abortion instead of making these kids live in misery and neglect.

I could go on forever defending both sides. In the end, I think this controversy will continue to be an issue for many many years to come.

#118 Edited by MistressOfTheElements (514 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe that people should have the choice. When the choice is taken away, young women will still have abortions, but it will be in a dirty unsafe environment. Death rates for young women (who aren't rich) will skyrocket.

#119 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

@judasnixon said:

The thing that was incredible about that (watched it live) is that at the end...it wasn't really Wendy that won it...it was the people.

And even then, the Reps tried to play dirty.

Yeah, I heard how they still had the vote and it was done at 12:03am. They broke the law blatantly.

Yay for the people though. It's awesome what those people did!

#120 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I pro-abortion? I paid for a few, but I wouldn't call myself a pro! *crickets*

I like abortion. I'm glad its an option, but I also wish we didn't need it.

HA!

Well, let's get those day after pills out there en masse! They should be selling them on shelves and they should be handing out free ones at high schools.

@oblivionknight: The exceptions (rape, incest, danger to the mother, etc.) make up like 1% of all abortions being performed. It's a common copout, used to justify the other 99%. Even if we were willing to keep it on the table for those purposes only (which I'm actually ok with), the backlash from progressives and feminist organizations would be enormous.

Interesting statistics! Very informative -- can you tell me where you got it? Just for clarity's sake.

#121 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

The only time, in my opinion, that abortion is ever a grey area is after a man is raped and the rapist wants to have the child. As in, the abortion not being the choice of the woman. Granted that gets into a lot more issues, but otherwise, yes, abortion being a right for women to choose should be guaranteed and inalienable.

#122 Posted by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio

It should be their right and i support it. But i don't agree with it.

If you get pregnant because you had unprotected sex then i see it as a moral responsibility to raise that child to the best of your ability or give it up for adoption if you're unable to.

#123 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@reignmaker said:

Interesting statistics! Very informative -- can you tell me where you got it? Just for clarity's sake.

I lumped health of the mother in with what I previously read about rape and incest. To clarify, a whopping 1% account for rape and incest. And under 5% for maternal health concerns. Regardless, the point still stands.

The primary source for these stats come from the Alan Guttmacher Institute, which is the research arm of Planned Parenthood. The stats come primarily from 1987 and 2004 questionnaires they conducted on women who aborted their babies. We can nitpick whether they were answered truthfully I guess, but this is the kind of stuff we have to go off of.

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/journals/3711005.pdf

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0904509.html

#124 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@aiden_cross said:

If you get pregnant because you had unprotected sex then i see it as a moral responsibility to raise that child to the best of your ability or give it up for adoption if you're unable to.

The problem with that is that If you're too dumb to use some form of contraception, odds are you're too stupid to raise a kid and the child that you do raise will become a social maladjust dumb-***.

#125 Posted by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: teens are idiots anyway (sorry but it's true). There's still adoption and often the (grand)parents will help (not all cases).

#126 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care if it's an accident. A child shouldn't be subjected to a mediocre life just because a lot of Christians are completely ridiculous and don't realize that what they're spouting off holds no meaning in the real world.

#127 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@reignmaker said:

I lumped health of the mother in with what I previously read about rape and incest. To clarify, a whopping 1% account for rape and incest. And under 5% for maternal health concerns. Regardless, the point still stands.

The primary source for these stats come from the Alan Guttmacher Institute, which is the research arm of Planned Parenthood. The stats come primarily from 1987 and 2004 questionnaires they conducted on women who aborted their babies. We can nitpick whether they were answered truthfully I guess, but this is the kind of stuff we have to go off of.

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/journals/3711005.pdf

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0904509.html

I would be relieved if those numbers are correct and have stayed that low since. Rape, incest, maternal health are all terrible tragedies if they result in pregnancy.

However, thank goodness they are not the prerequisites in getting an abortion. No, a good portion of abortions are from women who are already mothers, below the poverty line and suffering from trying to take care of the children they do have. Lots of reasons for getting an abortion but then again, no woman has to give a reason. Just how it should be.

#128 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29509 posts) - - Show Bio
#129 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

It should be their right and i support it. But i don't agree with it.

Good thing your opinion doesn't stand in the way of what's right.

#130 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell, I think you should be able to perform abortions up until some is twenty-one years old.

You're an asshole to everyone and you flunked out of high school? Bam!

84th trimester abortion bill 2013!

#131 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@glitch_spawn said:

I don't care if it's an accident. A child shouldn't be subjected to a mediocre life just because a lot of Christians are completely ridiculous and don't realize that what they're spouting off holds no meaning in the real world.

Christians aren't the only people who are anti-abortion. But thanks for the ignorant generalisation. Made me feel all warm and cozy inside.

#132 Posted by Farkam (4950 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. ; - )

#133 Posted by Farkam (4950 posts) - - Show Bio

@glitch_spawn said:

Christians aren't the only people who are anti-abortion. But thanks for the ignorant generalisation. Made me feel all warm and cozy inside.

But they are probably the majority of those that are.

#134 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@glitch_spawn said:

But that's thing, even non-Christians who try provide logic to their view on the issue usually can't provide anything different.

I assume you're not a Christian and don't think abortion is okay. Why?

#135 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@glitch_spawn said:

So? The majority of men are serial killers, does that mean we say "a lot of men serial kill every year"

#136 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@glitch_spawn said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@glitch_spawn said:

But that's thing, even non-Christians who try provide logic to their view on the issue usually can't provide anything different.

I am a Christian and I do think Abortion is OK. I said it earlier.

#137 Edited by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: I think this thread is going to get you and I into trouble.

#138 Posted by Farkam (4950 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@glitch_spawn said:

So? The majority of men are serial killers, does that mean we say "a lot of men serial kill every year"

My point is since christians make up the masses of those who are against abortion there is nothing to complain about. It's a fact, so get over it bucko.

#139 Edited by JediXMan (30931 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't feel like getting into an abortion argument. I will only say one thing:

The man should have a say, provided it is not a case of rape. If it was an act of consensual sex that caused the pregnancy, the man should get a say in whether the child is aborted or not (granted, if he opts for no, then he should probably take responsibility for the kid).

#140 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@farkam said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@glitch_spawn said:

My point is since christians make up the masses of those who are against abortion there is nothing to complain about. It's a fact, so get over it bucko.

Right, well that's the most idiotic thing I've read today.

#141 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

Nyet

#142 Edited by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@glitch_spawn said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@glitch_spawn said:

I am a Christian and I do think Abortion is OK. I said it earlier.

I did say a lot of Christians. Not all Christians...

I'm Catholic and think it's fine.

#143 Posted by pooty (11373 posts) - - Show Bio

People who oppose abortion are stereotyped as being "religious" just as people who don't like gays are automatically considered religious. People blame religion for the acts of people who are not even religious.

#144 Posted by Farkam (4950 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@farkam said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@glitch_spawn said:

Right, well that's the most idiotic thing I've read today.

It isn't idiotic at all. ; - )

#145 Posted by MonsterStomp (19243 posts) - - Show Bio

If she wants an abortion, so be it.

#146 Edited by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

He used the word bucko. I don't like that word.

#147 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11513 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't ''support'' it, I don't think anyone should ''support it'' I support the a woman's choice to have on but I don't really support the action it self.

#148 Posted by Farkam (4950 posts) - - Show Bio

He used the word bucko. I don't like that word.

You can't please everybody ;)

#149 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

People who oppose abortion are stereotyped as being "religious" just as people who don't like gays are automatically considered religious. People blame religion for the acts of people who are not even religious.

Personally, I don't think that way (about the abortion issue) however I am comfortable finding religion to blame for those who don't like homosexuals. Why would you not like them otherwise? Someone being gay shouldn't be a factor in whether you like them as an individual.

#150 Posted by Wolverine08 (43641 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: Ehh, I think religion has played some role in homophobia, but it would be still the same even without religion. Most people are heterosexual, and ignorant ones get scared and prejudiced when they see homesexuals because they are different. It's sad really. I'm a Christian, but I have nothing against my homosexual brothers ans sisters in this world.