This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Black_Arrow (2831 posts) - - Show Bio

even in the situation of rape, abortion is the killing of an innocent future life. just because something bad happens to you, doesn't mean others can suffer for your comfort. if the girl can't raise a kid, then send the child off to adoption. it's not fair to kill the baby.

THIS

#52 Edited by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_arrow: Who's killing something? The baby hasn't even been born yet. It's the woman's decision what goes on with her body. I understand you have your own views and opinions, but it doesn't matter. This whole argument is pointless. You won't change her views and she won't change yours. If someone thinks abortion is wrong, then they shouldn't get an abortion. They should mind their own business when it comes to other people.

#53 Posted by MistressOfTheElements (514 posts) - - Show Bio

If a women got pregnant and her only option was to either kill a HEALTHY baby or to live a troubled life and drag that poor child along with her in poverty, then i might support abortion. But I really dont get why if you dont want to raise a baby, you dont just give it up for adoption. Can people really be selfish enough to not at least give that baby 9 short months of your life so he or she has a chance at one too? Yeah, it would be hard and yeah you will go through life always wondering where he or she is but at least you werent responsible for their death.

On the other hand, if that baby had some severe life altering issue, or put the mothers life in danger by carrying that baby, then i support the womens right to choose.

so no, i do not support abortion when its for your own wishes to not raise a baby.

But yes, i do support abortion when there is a just medical cause behind it.

#54 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@mistressoftheelements: So, you feel a woman should be forced to carry a baby she doesn't want for nine months? I disagree. You're almost trading one life for another.

#55 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

If a women got pregnant and her only option was to either kill a HEALTHY baby or to live a troubled life and drag that poor child along with her in poverty, then i might support abortion. But I really dont get why if you dont want to raise a baby, you dont just give it up for adoption. Can people really be selfish enough to not at least give that baby 9 short months of your life so he or she has a chance at one too? Yeah, it would be hard and yeah you will go through life always wondering where he or she is but at least you werent responsible for their death.

On the other hand, if that baby had some severe life altering issue, or put the mothers life in danger by carrying that baby, then i support the womens right to choose.

so no, i do not support abortion when its for your own wishes to not raise a baby.

I skim this thread, lose faith in humanity, feel my disgust growing as I see all the people who have bought into the political rhetoric, and then I see this post, from a lady no less, and I suddenly feel a whole lot better. Thank you.

#57 Posted by Wolverine08 (40793 posts) - - Show Bio
#58 Posted by MistressOfTheElements (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Oh sorry my stupid a** laptop acting funny for some reason *facepalm*

#59 Posted by MistressOfTheElements (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam: Okay well that's your opinions.Thanks for sharing it :3

#60 Posted by Black_Arrow (2831 posts) - - Show Bio

I support this

#61 Edited by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@mistressoftheelements: Yes, it's just my opinion. I'm in no place to dictate what's right and wrong. No one is.

#62 Posted by MistressOfTheElements (514 posts) - - Show Bio

It's amusing how people say it's a woman's choice what she does with her own body, when abortion is taking the life out of another human's body. As was made obvious from that statement, I'm against it. Unless the woman was raped or she or the fetus may not live, you know the consequences of opening your legs. You don't want a kid? Get sterlized!

#63 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6237 posts) - - Show Bio

Giving it up for adoption would be like giving away a piece of myself. I'd much rather not have that piece exist in the first place, so abortion(or just a morning after pill) would work pretty well.

#64 Posted by judasnixon (6424 posts) - - Show Bio

#65 Posted by pooty (11011 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

@mistressoftheelements: So, you feel a woman should be forced to carry a baby she doesn't want for nine months? I disagree. You're almost trading one life for another.

To each his own. But how are you trading one life for another? Nine months is a very short period of time in the average persons life.

#66 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: That's also what I was saying. Pregnancy is tough, but even if the person gives birth, it's not easy giving the baby away. Adoption isn't exactly the perfect life either. If it's not someone's child, then they have no say.

Again, this is all just views and opinions.

#67 Posted by Black_Arrow (2831 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: so if it is not yours you prefer to not have it to kill it. If someone that you love doesnt loves you and decides to go with another woman you kill him?

#68 Edited by SavageDragon (2250 posts) - - Show Bio

In most cases abortion isnt killing a "baby".

#69 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: Nine months of possible psychological and physical torture. Go look at my first post and you'll understand why I feel this way.

#70 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio
#71 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6237 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: so if it is not yours you prefer to not have it to kill it. If someone that you love doesnt loves you and decides to go with another woman you kill him?

I not sure I understand what you're first sentence means.

Why would I kill a person because they didn't love me? And what does that have to do with abortion?

#72 Edited by slacker the hacker (7835 posts) - - Show Bio

@mistressoftheelements:

This issue is to complex I feel sometimes. Well at least one part of it.

I mean people can say they support and others say they don't but come on guys/girls. This entire thing is like the concept of gray morality personified.

I think aborting a child would seem pretty logical if it would cause a health problem to the mother (Like she'll die or something).

If its by accident then I think they should have it. People need to be held accountable for their actions (mistake or not).

But the rape part is most difficult.

If the child is born by rape it will be a constant reminder to the mother and be something she must carry for 9 months. Likely causing things like depression, suicidal thoughts etc.

Not to mention the child possibly will find out the way it was conceived (imagine how you would feel if you were brought into this world by a violent act) and in a way not aborting the child is giving the rapist more power.

Then we have it on the other side of the fence. You killing a living thing that will be (or is already considered) to be a child (a fetus yes but a fetus becomes a baby). You know? Its another light on this Earth for somebody to hug, hold and even possibly do great things if they grow. And we don't truly know what happens when we die. We don't know where we are sending that kid. The least he could have is a full chance at life.

Basically its either kill a child or a lot of misery and pain that may last a life time..........sort of a messed up choice either way. Pick your poison.

#73 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

If adoption offers a better life and opportunity as it has for me then yeah, i will gladly choose that any day over abortion/being killed..

#74 Edited by SOG7dc (6971 posts) - - Show Bio

NO!

#75 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: So just cause its a hardship for you for 9 months its ok to do murder. That "thing" inside of you is another human beimg? In that case you'd better have the guts to walk into a school and kill a child with no remorse whatsoever. I get its a burden if raped but that baby has done nothimg at al

To deserve being killed

#76 Edited by Nefarious (19562 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm kinda on the fence with this subject.

#77 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6237 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: So just cause its a hardship for you for 9 months its ok to do murder. That "thing" inside of you is another human beimg? In that case you'd better have the guts to walk into a school and kill a child with no remorse whatsoever. I get its a burden if raped but that baby has done nothimg at al

To deserve being killed

It's not actually a baby, and never actually lived, so it's not murder.

#78 Posted by NovaRichRider (327 posts) - - Show Bio
#79 Posted by Wolverine08 (40793 posts) - - Show Bio

@mistressoftheelements:

This issue is to complex I feel sometimes. Well at least one part of it.

I mean people can say they support and others say they don't but come on guys/girls. This entire thing is like the concept of gray morality personified.

I think aborting a child would seem pretty logical if it would cause a health problem to the mother (Like she'll die or something).

If its by accident then I think they should have it. People need to be held accountable for their actions (mistake or not).

But the rape part is most difficult.

If the child is born by rape it will be a constant reminder to the mother and be something she must carry for 9 months. Likely causing things like depression, suicidal thoughts etc.

Not to mention the child possibly will find out the way it was conceived (imagine how you would feel if you were brought into this world by a violent act) and in a way not aborting the child is giving the rapist more power.

Then we have it on the other side of the fence. You killing a living thing that will be (or is already considered) to be a child (a fetus yes but a fetus becomes a baby). You know? Its another light on this Earth for somebody to hug, hold and even possibly do great things if they grow. And we don't truly know what happens when we die. We don't know where we are sending that kid. The least he could have is a full chance at life.

Basically its either kill a child or a lot of misery and pain that may last a life time..........sort of a messed up choice either way. Pick your poison.

This really.

#80 Edited by lykopis (10753 posts) - - Show Bio

I find them tasty.

#81 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

I do think abortion should be legal for the worst case scenarios, like where the woman might be endangered if forced to carry. Or possibly in situations of rape or incest. Obviously each situation is highly personal, but generally speaking outside of those exceptions, the whole "the woman is just making a decision about her body" is a load of bull-crap that we tell ourselves to make people feel better. We're dabbling with life, and it's a serious decision that shouldn't be made flippantly.

My main problem with the abortion laws right now, is we give absolutely zero weight to the interests of the unborn child. Sure, it's not like a fetus is in a position to express those interests or even feel those interests (debatable), but we certainly give protections for newborns, the mentally incompetent, or even human vegetables. Heck as the laws stands right now, we do more to protect animal fetuses than we do human fetuses - and I'm not only talking about endangered species. And don't nitpick the definition of "life" with me, that is where these discussions get so stupid. If someone aborted you, don't you think that would have made some difference in your experience? If we think there's a legitimate reason to snuff out the candle early, fine. But call it what it is.

As a side note, if you think this is only about early term fetuses, you need to pay attention to what some people are arguing for. For instance, look at this video where a representative from Planned Parenthood tries to justify that post-birth abortions should be allowed. This is what happens when we don't draw a line somewhere.

So in short, I'm not saying abortions should be illegal per se, but the way we tend to justify the act as merely a woman's bodily choice is a flat-out lie. If a lady can voluntarily choose to have intercourse and voluntarily choose not to take birth control which is readily available, she needs to be ready to live with the consequences. That goes for the dad too. These deadbeats that roam around impregnating anything that lets them near need to be held accountable. If we didn't automatically put everyone on food stamps, I can bet you right now that people would be incentivized to use some birth control.

Is this an easy route? No. Trust me, I live in a trashy neighborhood and I can easily understand how widespread abortion might improve the makeup of my neighborhood. But I think human life deserves a greater measure of respect and care than the laws currently afford it.

#82 Posted by judasnixon (6424 posts) - - Show Bio

#83 Edited by lykopis (10753 posts) - - Show Bio

I encourage abortions.

#84 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: I was actually waiting to hear your opinion on the matter and you post that picture.

#85 Posted by DigbyKong (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

I encourage abortions.

Agreed. People should have to make the score on an iq test to keep their baby.

#86 Posted by lykopis (10753 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam:

Well, suffice it to say my stance on the matter is it's my body, my business. Opinions to the contrary I pretty much ignore and in fact, I laugh at them. They are too ridiculous to take seriously. And babies are delicious.

#87 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: That's what I was looking for. Bravo, chap.

Yes, yes, I'm an atheist. We're babies eaters.

#88 Posted by judasnixon (6424 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: Hey Lykopis! Wondering when you were going to jump in this $#!% storm..... We've been extra crazy down here in the U.S. this week........... Have fun!

#89 Edited by russellmania77 (14863 posts) - - Show Bio

It's very scary when ur very young, have no job, and only barely have sex and she tells you that she thinks she is prego, just saying, a whole bunch of stuff pops in your head and abortion is one of em

#90 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

It's seems like poor grammar and spelling errors are common traits of right to life folks.

Must be a coincidence.

We'll have to launch a scientific study (that they'll ignore) about it.

#91 Edited by lykopis (10753 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam: But of course we are!

@lykopis: Hey Lykopis! Wondering when you were going to jump in this $#!% storm..... We've been extra crazy down here in the U.S. this week........... Have fun!

Yeah -- the worse thing about what's happening in Texas is that it's up for another vote on Monday. It's pathetic, really. I wish people would show up with vagina placards and masks.

#92 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Warm beer. Cold women. I just don't fit in.

#93 Posted by God_Spawn (37594 posts) - - Show Bio

I encourage it.

#94 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6237 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@awesam: But of course we are!

@judasnixon said:

Yeah -- the worse thing about what's happening in Texas is that it's up for another vote on Monday. It's pathetic, really. I wish people would show up with vagina placards and masks.

Are "vagina masks" masks that look like vaginas, or masks for your vaginas?

The latter sounds like a weird, but possible fashion trend.

#95 Posted by lykopis (10753 posts) - - Show Bio
#96 Posted by Ultra_beleco (184 posts) - - Show Bio

It's seems like poor grammar and spelling errors are common traits of right to life folks.

Must be a coincidence.

Maybe english is not their first language, Like me!

#97 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6237 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@v_scarlotte_rose:

LOL! I like your idea better.

Woop!

Gotta be careful which kind you choose though, if certain films are to be believed:

#98 Posted by OblivionKnight (3356 posts) - - Show Bio

@slacker_the_hacker: exactly what you said.

I've always found it odd how some can claim the abortion isn't murder (not saying I'm pro-life) by trying to use the legal definition of murder, but will entirely skip over the morality of the act, all while preaching that's immoral for others to push their belief on them. Idk, whatever. It's really a circumstantial thing. The hardest point to deal with (and one that's always brought up) is rape.

On one hand, yes you were raped, which is a travesty. And you never intended to become pregnant. But, why exactly is it terrible to hold onto the child? Why not raise it to become something BETTER than the monster that "helped" conceived it?

On the other hand, no one should be subjected to a constant reminder of such a malicious act.

#99 Posted by BumpyBoo (8142 posts) - - Show Bio

Support it? Hell, I'm having one right now.

@lykopis You might wanna get the grill on <3

#100 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

I am pro-choice, this country's about freedom, that includes abortion to me.