This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MistressOfTheElements (514 posts) - - Show Bio

I am pro choice, meaning I support a woman's right to CHOOSE. I do not believe in people just having abortions for the sake of it, nor do I believe in not allowing people to have abortions. I believe it is a personal decision between a woman and her doctor. A baby will affect the woman's whole life. Many people state that women who have abortions are just irresponsible sluts, who need to face their consequences. They say, "Why should you punish a baby for your poor decisions by killing it?" Here's what I say: why should you punish a baby by bringing it into an undesirable situation? The reasons women have abortions vary by each woman. Not everyone is the same, and I believe in most abortion cases, it is just. It does not ONLY affect the woman and put her through hard times, it affects the baby, too. What if the woman cannot afford to have a child? What if the woman is mentally unfit? What if it's born into a terribly traumatic life? What if there are genetic burdens the child may have to deal with? Or what if the time just isn't right (for ANYONE)? The child could be raised in awful circumstances. "Then the woman should give the baby up for adoption," say the "prolife" enthusiasts. Many babies go unadopted. Many children go home to home, just trying to find somewhere they fit in. They grow up without parents, families, or anyone to love them. There are far too many circumstances to judge a person on their choice they've made. If a woman is raped, should she be forced to have that baby? What if she didn't even KNOW the father? There is no way to know if there are genetic monstrosities awaiting the child. By being "prolife", you are forcing a woman to change everything about her life and bring up a child in situations that may or may not be fit. This world is already overpopulated, and it can be a terrible place to grow up.

Maybe they just shouldn't have got pregnant. Maybe they shouldn't have been so careless and actually thought about their consequences. Or maybe accidents happen. Maybe condoms slip, birth control fails, and I've heard of many cases where men sabotage condoms to impregnate a woman. No, I don't believe women should just go wild and have unprotected sex in the streets, but what they do with their bodies is their business. I don't believe in abortion as a primary method of birth control--I doubt if hardly anyone does. But I DO believe in abortion in a time of need. Whether it is "right" or "wrong" is an incredibly grey area, and it is NO ONE else's business what a woman does.

#2 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

Only in the early months. Late months are acceptable only if they are health risks. That's pretty much my whole stand on it.

#3 Posted by The Stegman (25983 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not a woman, nor can I give birth, so I have no say in the matter. It's her body, she can do with it what she will.

#4 Posted by MistressOfTheElements (514 posts) - - Show Bio

Only in the early months. Late months are acceptable only if they are health risks. That's pretty much my whole stand on it.

Okay :)

#5 Posted by MistressOfTheElements (514 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by Wolverine08 (45541 posts) - - Show Bio

Women should be able to do what they want with their bodies. Men such as myself can dogmatically control what they do with their bodies.

#7 Posted by MistressOfTheElements (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Some women still cannot. Alot of people are traditionalist that believe women should be submissive to the men and ask to do stuff with their bodies.Take a good look at Islam, women cannot do whatever they want.

#8 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

It's her body, she can do with it what she will.

Women should be able to do what they want with their bodies.

#9 Edited by Wolverine08 (45541 posts) - - Show Bio

I meant *can't*.

#10 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

Abortion is one of the things I strongly support. If a woman gets pregnant, she shoud have the right to abort it. There are a lot of pregnant teens who aren't ready for not only parenting, but pregnancy itself. There's always adoption, but just being pregnant could mentally scar a teenage girl. I knew this one girl who got pregnant in high school and her parents wouldn't let her get an abortion. She was teased and called cruel names. She ended up falling down a set of stairs. There's reason to believe it was on purpose and she miscarried.

As long as the baby is in a woman, then the she should be able to do what she wants with her own body.

#11 Posted by DigbyKong (300 posts) - - Show Bio

Abortion is wrong. They should send the babies to poor countries that need food.

#13 Posted by WillPayton (9820 posts) - - Show Bio

Abortion is wrong. They should send the babies to poor countries that need food.

We have poor and starving people here. We should feed them first before we start sending those tender and tasty babies to other countries.

#14 Posted by noj (1090 posts) - - Show Bio

I am strongly against abortion. I believe that a woman has the right to do what she wants with her body HOWEVER I also believe that once a woman becomes pregnant its no longer just her body. Shes supporting a second life and terminating that life is just cruel. The only time I will concede that an abortion is necessary is in a situation where the pregnancy threatens the life of the woman.

#15 Posted by MistressOfTheElements (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

Abortion is one of the things I strongly support. If a woman gets pregnant, she shoud have the right to abort it. There are a lot of pregnant teens who aren't ready for not only parenting, but pregnancy itself. There's always adoption, but just being pregnant could mentally scar a teenage girl. I knew this one girl who got pregnant in high school and her parents wouldn't let her get an abortion. She was teased and called cruel names. She ended up falling down a set of stairs. There's reason to believe it was on purpose and she miscarried.

As long as the baby is in a woman, then the she should be able to do what she wants with her own body.

That's TRAGIC. If I was in the girl's shoes I would adopt the child to a family for a while then once I graduate I could get him back again.

#16 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6532 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep.

#17 Edited by DigbyKong (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@digbykong said:

We have poor and starving people here. We should feed them first before we start sending those tender and tasty babies to other countries.

#18 Posted by MistressOfTheElements (514 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by XImpossibruX (5251 posts) - - Show Bio

Killing babies, now legally acceptable :D!

#20 Posted by Wolverine08 (45541 posts) - - Show Bio

@mistressoftheelements:

I agree with you that some women aren't still completely allowed to make decisions for themselves and we need to make change. But they are some women in Islam who have freedom. My cousin's father is a Muslim yet he lets his wife make decision on whether to wear a hijab and other stuff. It's religious fundamentalists who usually think men were made to control women.

#21 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6532 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Topics been done but like ive said before. Hell no, you made it, you take it lol.

I believe the only exception for it is if the moms life is at stake, otherwise the should be smart enough to take precautions via birth control, adoption or dont have sex...masturbate if you to get off that bad

Also, no offense to anyone but being adopted myself the whole 'temporarily adopt my kid til im ready is stupid' seriously? Dont have a baby then...

I

#23 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

@mistressoftheelements: I don't blame someone if they don't want the pregnancy. It's very hard on women. Even after the pregnancy, it's not easy letting go of the baby. Very complicated. What makes things worse is people are usually against it because of their religious beliefs. If they think it's wrong because their personal beliefs, then I understand. But they still shouldn't have any say in something that's none of their business.

#24 Edited by MistressOfTheElements (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Before the Taliban appeared women was equally to men and they got education and had freedom.But when the Taliban came everything change Muslim Women cannot do :

• Women should not appear in the streets without a blood relative and without wearing a burqa (also burkha, burka or burqua).
  • Women should not wear high-heeled shoes as no man should hear a woman’s footsteps lest it excite him.
  • Women must not speak loudly in public as no stranger should hear a woman's voice.[10]
  • All ground and first floor residential windows should be painted over or screened to prevent women being visible from the street.
  • The photographing or filming of women was banned as was displaying pictures of females in newspapers, books, shops or the home.
  • The modification of any place names that included the word "women". For example, "women's garden" was renamed "spring garden".[11]
  • Women were forbidden to appear on the balconies of their apartments or houses.
  • Ban on women's presence on radio, television or at public gatherings of any kind.

Women was and STILL is being mistreated for their gender.It just breaks my heart!!

#25 Posted by Black_Arrow (3941 posts) - - Show Bio

I am against. The woman that wants to do that is selfish, she is not even giving him the opportunity to live, That is worse than killing a normal man because he got to live. the only time i find it acceptable, if the woman is going to die because the pregnancy

#26 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6532 posts) - - Show Bio

@noj said:

I am strongly against abortion. I believe that a woman has the right to do what she wants with her body HOWEVER I also believe that once a woman becomes pregnant its no longer just her body. Shes supporting a second life and terminating that life is just cruel. The only time I will concede that an abortion is necessary is in a situation where the pregnancy threatens the life of the woman.

@vaeternus said:

Topics been done but like ive said before. Hell no, you made it, you take it lol.

I believe the only exception for it is if the moms life is at stake, otherwise the should be smart enough to take precautions via birth control, adoption or dont have sex...masturbate if you to get off that bad

I

I

I am against. The woman that wants to do that is selfish, she is not even giving him the opportunity to live, That is worse than killing a normal man because he got to live. the only time i find it acceptable, if the woman is going to die because the pregnancy

What about a conception by rape? Wouldn't it be O.K. to get rid of it in that case?

#27 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_arrow: yes thats true. only then. Murder of an unborn baby is wrong even if raped...the baby has done nothing wromg. Have the kid then put it up for adoption, but dont mirder it

#28 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

It's seems like poor grammar and spelling errors are common traits of right to life folks.

Must be a coincidence.

#29 Posted by Wolverine08 (45541 posts) - - Show Bio

@martyyy15:

So if a 15 year old girl is raped and becomes pregnant, do we force her to have the child?

#30 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, I think it's insane that men even get to have a position on this. Men in political seats that is.

I'm okay with abortion in almost any situation especially with those that are my age and younger.

But in the end it is always up to the woman.

#31 Edited by Black_Arrow (3941 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by ScarletBatman (366 posts) - - Show Bio

The current laws seem to be working for the majority of people. You can abort first and second trimester pregnancies but not third. That seems fairly reasonable, for a compromise.

#33 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_arrow: agreed

P.s. Im on a phone if someone has issues with my posts/grammar. Its hard to type on this tiny thing, not that thats even relevant. I notice people for abortion tend to not think or weigh their options half the time and seems folks with disrespect for life have no clue what life is. Sad, compensating with false insults=even more sad. Smh

@v scarlotte rose, whats wrong with adoption if I may ask? I get that rape is horrible, but so is not giving a baby a chance to live. So you feel its ok to destroy an innocent baby so it makes the rape victim feel better?

#34 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6532 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Edited by Wolverine08 (45541 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_arrow:

What do you mean by that? Is that a metaphor or something?

#36 Posted by pooty (11717 posts) - - Show Bio

Abortion should only be allowed in cases of rape or if giving birth can harm the mother. In cases of accidents.... well you are still responsible for accidents. Pay your penalty for 9 months. learn that sex is not a game. and give it up for adoption. the wait list for newborns is EXTREMELY long. learn from your mistake and give someone the child they always wanted.

#37 Posted by ComicStooge (13896 posts) - - Show Bio

No, I don't really believe in it, at all.

#38 Posted by Black_Arrow (3941 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: Someone is guilty of something that he didn't have a choice?. If someone hurts you, you can kill someone that didn't have the fault? Also tomorrow that baby may save your life, He could be a cop, a medic or a firefighter. If the mother doesnt want to educate him, fine put him in abortion.

#39 Edited by MistressOfTheElements (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_arrow: It's so funny how you didn't say anything about the father taking on the mom's role and educating the child.Woman can't do everything. *Sighs*

#40 Posted by Wolverine08 (45541 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_arrow:

You didn't even answer my question. If a 15 year old girl was raped, you would be okay with her being forced to have a child she wasn't trying to get.

#41 Edited by Black_Arrow (3941 posts) - - Show Bio

@mistressoftheelements: I was talking about the case that it is rape. I guess that if its a rape, the father wont take any responsibilities

#42 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@digbykong said:

<3

#43 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6532 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: Someone is guilty of something that he didn't have a choice?. If someone hurts you, you can kill someone that didn't have the fault? Also tomorrow that baby may save your life, He could be a cop, a medic or a firefighter. If the mother doesnt want to educate him, fine put him in abortion.

If I was raped, I wouldn't be guilty of anything either, so why should I have to suffer the discomfort of pregnancy, the pain of giving birth, and the hardship of bringing up an unwanted child?

Also, why the hell would I want the reminder of a traumatic, degrading, humiliating event growing inside me? To me, a rape conceived fetus would be no more welcome than a tumour, and I would gladly have it cut out of me.

#44 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Hands out packets of Plan B. Merry Christmas everyone.

#45 Posted by joshmightbe (24701 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm of the opinion that its none of my damn business unless I happen to be involved in getting the woman pregnant

#46 Posted by Mercy_ (91871 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#47 Posted by Black_Arrow (3941 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: Yeah you are right i should go and kill that guy who I consider his face pretty similar to that guy who raped me and because he is a constant reminder of a tramatic, degrading event and that hurts me a lot.

#48 Posted by MistressOfTheElements (514 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

even in the situation of rape, abortion is the killing of an innocent future life. just because something bad happens to you, doesn't mean others can suffer for your comfort. if the girl can't raise a kid, then send the child off to adoption. it's not fair to kill the baby.

#50 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6532 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: Yeah you are right i should go and kill that guy who I consider his face pretty similar to that guy who raped me and because he is a constant reminder of a tramatic, degrading event and that hurts me a lot.

My reasons weren't based on the child looking like the rapist, the child being there at all is the reminder. At the point of abortion it probably wouldn't look like either parent anyway, so looks don't really come into it at all.

So why should I have to suffer more after having already been raped?