• 143 results
#101 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, and I find people who do icky.

Haha, kidding, I have plenty of friends who smoke. But I never do and never will. One of the reasons why my mom chose my dad was because he didn't smoke, so you can imagine she was pretty cheesed off when he started. So I was impressed upon at a young age that smoking was bad. And that healthy lungs and a longer lifespan were good.

For the record, my dad quit cold turkey just a couple of months back.

#102 Posted by laflux (15885 posts) - - Show Bio

Have I tried it? Yes

Will I have a cheeky fag if its offered to me on a night out? Maybe

Is something I do even remotely often though? No and for pretty much all the reasons mentioned above.

On a slightly more divergent topic though, it is interesting to see how many viners abstain from drinking and smoking in general from what I have seen.

#103 Posted by tupiaz (2183 posts) - - Show Bio

@edamame said:

I never understood why Europeans tend to smoke cigarettes more than Americans.

That is too general. It is mostly eastern Europe that has the problem. The western Europe (or north western anyway) smokes with about similar rates as Americans according to these datas: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2012/10/19/who-smokes-most-a-surprising-map-of-smoking-rates-by-country/

A map of smokes rate by state in the US: http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2010/09/14/us-smoking-rates-by-state

#104 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

I did in highschool. I started at age 14 in 8th grade and quit in mid junior year of highschool at 17. Went cold turkey. I quit for two reasons, number one my mom threatened to kick me out lol (it was an empty threat but still) and number two I was out of breath all the freaking time no matter how little I was exerting myself lol. I was up too about a pack and a half a day when I quit and I haven't had one since I stopped. I will say this though, walking past people who are smoking is freaking awesome. I get a little of the cigarette fix guild free, granted I do walk a little slower when I walk past and inhale a little more deeply than I normally do lol. I sometimes hope that if I get a new girlfriend she will be a smoker that way I can have lots of guilt free cigarette smoke lol.

#105 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5577 posts) - - Show Bio

Used to. Not anymore and I dont regret my decision at all

#106 Edited by saviour (826 posts) - - Show Bio

Never.

#107 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18041 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope never have and never will.

If people smoke then that is fine with me,its their body not mine.

My older brother smokes,and he coughs alot and gets out of breath easier than he used to.He has also tried to quit a couple of times,but he hasn't hacked it.

#108 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, I care not if others smoke but personally, I greatly dislike the smell.

#109 Edited by BumpyBoo (9203 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

@jloneblackheart said:

I have not smoked since Feb 26th, 2010 after smoking at least a pack a day for 14 years. As said above, I still reeeeeeeeaaallly want one.

Amazing. This still true? :)

Still true, although I still want one a lot of the time. I don't think that feeling will ever go away.

Good on you, I have been trying the past few months, its really tough :)

#110 Edited by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.

#111 Posted by jloneblackheart (5519 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: It's rough. First three weeks is easier than you think. It's the three after that that are really tough. After that, you should be good.

I got lucky. They changed some kind of chemical a while back so the cigarettes go out if they aren't being smoked. Something in there changed something in my brain, and I really didn't enjoy them anymore. Wanting to quit + not enjoying it made me stick to it better.

Good luck :)

#112 Posted by BumpyBoo (9203 posts) - - Show Bio

@jloneblackheart:

Thank you very much, that's actually quite reassuring to know ^_^

#113 Edited by consolemaster001 (5564 posts) - - Show Bio

NEIN

and i never will.

#114 Posted by grenade728 (748 posts) - - Show Bio

Only when on fire.

#115 Posted by Strider92 (16443 posts) - - Show Bio

Tried it. Didn't like it. End of.

#116 Posted by montydapunk.k (65 posts) - - Show Bio

STRAIGHTEDGE FOR LiiiiiiFE!!!!!!!!!

#117 Posted by sagejonathan (1953 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Winners don't smoke. No offense to those that do, but it's a very disgusting addiction that has no benefit. And it smells awful.

#118 Posted by The Stegman (24344 posts) - - Show Bio

Ew, no.

#119 Posted by Dabee (2389 posts) - - Show Bio

Just gonna' leave this here.

#120 Edited by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

Only when on fire.

You, sir, just won this thread.

#121 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

all day, every day

#122 Edited by JediXMan (30590 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. Never did, and never had a desire to.

#123 Edited by FearTheLiving (3076 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.

#124 Edited by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

No, and I think it's an unattractive/disgusting trait to have.

#125 Edited by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio
#126 Edited by Killemall (18564 posts) - - Show Bio

Man i am a very heavy smoker, not sure what to say, lots of people seem to hate smokers .

#127 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20236 posts) - - Show Bio

Man i am a very heavy smoker, not sure what to say, lots of people seem to hate smokers .

Its okay man. Just try and break the habit.

#128 Posted by Killemall (18564 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: I have tired quitting ciggrate more often than i can count. I started at a very early age, wasnt even legal then to smoke, been like 8 years. Now its very hard to quite, and its so freakin expensive and all my cloths smell of tobacco which sucks, i literally have to dip myself into deo everyday, just to mask the scene of tobacco. In my office desk there are like 5 containers of mints something i have to chew every 20 mins so students wont complain my breath smells of tobacco.

Its a terrible habit but very, very, very hard to quit once you are addicted. I even tried using nicotine patch .

#129 Edited by Tank. (2064 posts) - - Show Bio

No, it's disgusting.

#130 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20236 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: Man that really sucks. I guess you just have to use your willpower to try and pull through. Best of luck my friend :)

#131 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: I have tired quitting ciggrate more often than i can count. I started at a very early age, wasnt even legal then to smoke, been like 8 years. Now its very hard to quite, and its so freakin expensive and all my cloths smell of tobacco which sucks, i literally have to dip myself into deo everyday, just to mask the scene of tobacco. In my office desk there are like 5 containers of mints something i have to chew every 20 mins so students wont complain my breath smells of tobacco.

Its a terrible habit but very, very, very hard to quit once you are addicted. I even tried using nicotine patch .

I feel ya bro.

#132 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

2 of my grandparents died from smoking, so to answer your question, NO.

#133 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

Was their deaths the only factor in your choice to not smoke?

#134 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@chronus said:

@blackadamftw said:

Was their deaths the only factor in your choice to not smoke?

While it is the main reason I don't smoke, there are others as well. I'm a runner, and smoking would affect me a lot in that aspect, I don't feel like developing any type of cancer or disorder caused by smoking, and I don't feel like having yellow teeth either.

#135 Edited by KingWillie (145 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't smoke cigs, but I smoke alotta bud.

#136 Edited by GhostRider2 (3295 posts) - - Show Bio

My friends are keep asking me but i don't smoke and they know it, they are getting on my nerves lol.

#137 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Nope. I think it's disgusting. I won't even touch hookah.

#138 Posted by Xorion (446 posts) - - Show Bio

it's a little odd to see this much hate against but I can't help it I smoke not much though 4- 5 a day which is actually a good number. Also there is 'nargile'. Something I smoke time to time I don't really know if it has an enlish name too it's a turkish thingie

#139 Posted by Queso6p4 (1437 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to smoke regularly but only smoke cigars occasionally with my best friend now.

#140 Posted by thespideyguy (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

No but they smell good

#141 Posted by XIIXIIX (57 posts) - - Show Bio

No. What's the point besides trying to look like you're a cool person?

#142 Posted by judasnixon (6584 posts) - - Show Bio

I smoke American Spirits Perique. I only smoke three to four cigarettes a day. I know I should still quit anyways. Smoking is dumb....... I do enjoy a Black and Mild Cream when I BBQ or go tubing......

#143 Edited by Referee (7534 posts) - - Show Bio

Only like this..

#144 Edited by modunhanul (407 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Ever since I was 5 years old I hated the smell.