• 62 results
Edited 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Do You Read Fan-Fic? (37 votes)

Yes I jump on when ever I can 30%
No, are you insane? 19%
Sometimes 54%

As a fan-fic writer I've always wondered how many readers are actually out there.

If you get a chance please give reasons why you do or don't.

#1 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I write a lot of fanfiction, and do occasionally read now and then.

#2 Edited by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. There are a lot of decent writers here. It's always fun to read the stories everyone comes up with.

#3 Posted by judasnixon (6212 posts) - - Show Bio

I like really bad fanfic.... If you do not know what I'm talking about go look up fan fiction fridays at Topless Robot.COM..... There you can read stories of Darth Vader peeing on Harry Potter, and then having his way with Harry sexually.... It's soooooooo messed up. You might need a barf bag to read some of those stories.

#4 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I like really bad fanfic.... If you do not know what I'm talking about go look up fan fiction fridays at Topless Robot.COM..... There you can read stories of Darth Vader peeing on Harry Potter, and then having his way with Harry sexually.... It's soooooooo messed up. You might need a barf bag to read some of those stories.

Haha, I love Fanfiction Friday. There's some messed up deviant-perverted-fetish in those stories...Thomas the Train having a sexual relationship with his fellow locomotives comes to mind...

#5 Posted by Samimista (20603 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol! Sometimes. I do a lot of reading as is with text books though so I really don't read that much outside of school and comics.

#6 Posted by russellmania77 (14606 posts) - - Show Bio

no, i watch fan fic on youtube tho

#7 Edited by judasnixon (6212 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: I was so pissed when Rob moved moved over to IO9 he did it twice and they killed it because people got offended..... Get a sense of humor or just don't read it!

#8 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6126 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't, but I've been considering writing some, just to add some context to my drawings.

Might be a bit soon to start thinking about that though, I've only been drawing stuff for about a week now.

#9 Posted by Irishlad (572 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6126 posts) - - Show Bio

@irishlad: I might give that a look, though I'll probably see what I can come up with on my own first. Thanks for the link. :)

I'm considering writing a light hearted Avengers series, to go with my Powerpuff Girls style art, which I've been working on over the past week, and can be seen here.

Do you think fan comics should go in artist show-off or fan-fic? A mod said I could do either, but I was just wondering if you had any thoughts on the matter.

#11 Posted by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you think fan comics should go in artist show-off or fan-fic? A mod said I could do either, but I was just wondering if you had any thoughts on the matter.

Both, One for the actual art, and put in fan fiction analyzing the story.

And if you do FanFic, that would be amazing! :D

#12 Posted by Irishlad (572 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose No problem and I don't think it matters either tbh.

In my opinion it depends on what you're looking for, if you're looking for a more thorough review of your art with a less thorough comment on your story then post in the artist show-off .

Likewise if you're looking for a more thorough review on your story and a less thorough comment on your art post it in Fan-Fic.

Whatever you pick I'm sure both sets would be happy to have you and the Avengers idea sounds like a lot of fun.

#13 Posted by MrDirector786 (43408 posts) - - Show Bio

I normally don't go out of my way to read fanfiction unless I hear that it's really bad and funny to read. However, I will read if someone asks me to read a fanfic they wrote and want me to give my thoughts on it.

#14 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6126 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

Both, One for the actual art, and put in fan fiction analyzing the story.

And if you do FanFic, that would be amazing! :D

Would that not count as making dupe threads though? Unless maybe I made one thread for the actual comics, and one for the creative process, showing the pencils, then inked, then coloured.

@irishlad said:

@v_scarlotte_rose No problem and I don't think it matters either tbh.

In my opinion it depends on what you're looking for, if you're looking for a more thorough review of your art with a less thorough comment on your story then post in the artist show-off .

Likewise if you're looking for a more thorough review on your story and a less thorough comment on your art post it in Fan-Fic.

Whatever you pick I'm sure both sets would be happy to have you and the Avengers idea sounds like a lot of fun.

I'll work something out. And thanks, hopefully it will be fun. :)

#15 Posted by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: Of-course not, I have done things like that, Nobody will mind :)

#16 Posted by reaperOnyx (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

#17 Edited by judasnixon (6212 posts) - - Show Bio

I really wanted to write a fanfic about the Red Skull starting a country music band called the Fashionable Fashists....

#18 Edited by Irishlad (572 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdirector786 I'm curious is there a reason you don't read not so bad they're hilarious ones?

@reaperonyx judging by that pic there's no changing your mind xD why not :P

#19 Posted by reaperOnyx (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

I just wanted a creative way to say no

#20 Posted by MrDirector786 (43408 posts) - - Show Bio

@irishlad said:

@mrdirector786 I'm curious is there a reason you don't read not so bad they're hilarious ones?

@reaperonyx judging by that pic there's no changing your mind xD why not :P

I said those are the ones I do read. I normally don't go out of my way to read fanfiction but if I hear that it's so bad it's funny then I will read it.

#21 Edited by Irishlad (572 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Bro, do you even fan fic ? :P

Yes I read

#23 Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

I really wanted to write a fanfic about the Red Skull starting a country music band called the Fashionable Fashists....

Please do!!! Fan-Fic has a real vacancy for silliness with Cap and Feebs both gone. I will read it :D

#24 Posted by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram:

*says nothing, holds Snot Bear and cries*

#26 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32818 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16106 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#29 Edited by judasnixon (6212 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: The Fashionable Fastists

Track List

1. Kitty Pryde is a dirty jew

2. I would do Carrie Underwood

3. Ben Grimm is a dirty jew

4. I lost my girl, my dog and World War II

5. Magneto is a dirty jew

6. Woop boop bam who loves a Holocaust

7. Wiccan is a dirty gay jew

8. Lama beauty pageant

9. Toby Keith should should be Captain America

10. Dirty jews

11. Steve Rogers punched me in my face

12. Random Garth Brooks cover song

13. Dirty jews are dirty and jewish

#30 Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon:

Hehehehe! Too funny, man XD

*appears as small Boo devil on your shoulder*

RUN WITH IT!! O_O

#31 Edited by judasnixon (6212 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: I need to find the write for Rob Liefeld thread I had some good ones on that thread....... Rob Liefeld called me a troll.

#32 Posted by RustyRoy (11082 posts) - - Show Bio

I read sometimes when I don't have anything else to do. Not much though, most of them feel very out of character. Though there are some very rare ones which are actually written better than in the comics.

#33 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

I usually write fan fictions, so I usually stumble upon some fan fics hear and there. But, I usually read fan fictions whenever I have time or if it has characters that interest me.

#34 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17594 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes I do.I of course write it too.I should read more because there is alot of good work on the fan fic forum.I have said before and you will say it again,if anyone wants me to check out their work all they have to do is notify me and I will.

#35 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: I was so pissed when Rob moved moved over to IO9 he did it twice and they killed it because people got offended..... Get a sense of humor or just don't read it!

Damn, really? I never followed him after he made the switch, but jeez, how do people not find that crap humorous/disturbing.

#36 Edited by Irishlad (572 posts) - - Show Bio

bummmmmmp

#37 Posted by frogdog (3239 posts) - - Show Bio

I read dragonball multi-verse

#38 Posted by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

Yes. There are a lot of decent writers here. It's always fun to read the stories everyone comes up with.

#40 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

I read fan-fics but often i forget to comment, it's a flaw of mine. I do it in other forums/topics as well.

#41 Posted by Strider92 (16125 posts) - - Show Bio

I go through phases sometimes I'll read quite a lot but then I'll read nothing for months on end.

#42 Posted by wildvine (8382 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

@judasnixon said:

Please do!!! Fan-Fic has a real vacancy for silliness with Cap and Feebs both gone. I will read it :D

Um. Cough? Like, 90% of my fic's are either funny, of the comedy genre, or lighthearted/silly in nature.

#43 Edited by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine:

I didn't forget you dear, your stuff is hilarious! :D But I like LOTS OF SILLY!! One awesomely funny writer is just not enough for me. I'm greedy O_O

#44 Posted by wildvine (8382 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

I didn't forget you dear, your stuff is hilarious! :D But I like LOTS OF SILLY!! One awesomely funny writer is just not enough for me. I'm greedy O_O

Tote's forgot. Did Cap write a story specially for you that day you was down?

#45 Edited by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine:

Oh now come on, you must know how astonishingly funny and clever and thoughtful I think you are, right? Does someone need reassurance? *tickles* Can I get a smile....? :)

#46 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

@wildvine:

Oh now come on, you must know how astonishingly funny and clever and thoughtful I think you are, right? Does someone need reassurance? *tickles* Can I get a smile....? :)

SECOND !

#47 Edited by wildvine (8382 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

*Tries hard not to smile. Fails* Oh fine. I can't stay fake mad at you.

#48 Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine:

Yay! Mission accomplished! *puts "I heart WV" shirt on* There we go, that should clear things up nicely ^_^

#49 Posted by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

@wildvine:

Yay! Mission accomplished! *puts "I heart WV" shirt on* There we go, that should clear things up nicely ^_^

Dodged a bullet there bumps, Mad Wv....*whispers* scary shit

#50 Posted by wildvine (8382 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram said:

Dodged a bullet there bumps, Mad Wv....*whispers* scary shit

*Appears from the shadows* I heard that....