• 104 results
#51 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

My family owns thousands of guns, though many of them would be of no real use today, like that 1635 musket we have, it can't shoot a elephant from 50 meters.   The Mauser though, is a weapon I am a crack shot with, 45 rounds a minute!  Fear my mad bolt action rifle skills!

#52 Posted by iSHADOW (2269 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"King Saturn said:
"Yeah... I wanna get a taser too. I would just want to use one on some punk who tries to come at me wrong... I shoot that biatch out on someone and watch them do the Harlem Shake

lol
"
I've been tazed before. It's not really that bad."
i dont know about a tazer but pepper spray is brutal
#53 Posted by King Saturn (224205 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"King Saturn said:
"Yeah... I wanna get a taser too. I would just want to use one on some punk who tries to come at me wrong... I shoot that biatch out on someone and watch them do the Harlem Shake

lol
"
I've been tazed before. It's not really that bad."
Oh Yeah ? Well they had this guy on TV who was tazed by the Police...it looked like he was trying to dance when it hit him...

#54 Posted by Delta Red (222 posts) - - Show Bio

No, but i want a couple of firearms so bad.
Maybe a Colt Python.

#55 Edited by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
Delta Red said:
"No, but i want a couple of firearms so bad.
Maybe a Colt Python.
"
You can't go wrong with the springfield mark IV, can shoot a man's head from over half a mile if your good.
#56 Posted by The Astounding Wolf-man (66 posts) - - Show Bio

My dad bought me a gun a long time ago. I forgot which kind it was though. He has it his house.

#57 Posted by HobGadling (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.  Don't feel like I need one.

#58 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
HobGadling said:
"Nope.  Don't feel like I need one."
good, I won't have trouble sniping you and watching your head explode like a mellon.
#59 Posted by King Saturn (224205 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"HobGadling said:
good, I won't have trouble sniping you and watching your head explode like a mellon."
Whoa
#60 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

I can hit a chicken from 1 kilometer with a springfield IV.  Just in case Ivan (russia) decides to bring it's men storming down france.  Something France should win very easily. 

#61 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
BatgirlBabs said:
"No but Tom Selleck does. "
LOL.
#62 Posted by HobGadling (706 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"HobGadling said:
good, I won't have trouble sniping you and watching your head explode like a mellon."

Like I said, I don't feel like I need one.  If you really plan on sniping me, what difference does it make if I own a firearm or not?  If you're a good shot, I guess I'm dead.  Give yourself a pat on the back.
#63 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#64 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
HobGadling said:
"Like I said, I don't feel like I need one.  If you really plan on sniping me, what difference does it make if I own a firearm or not?  If you're a good shot, I guess I'm dead.  Give yourself a pat on the back."

What if someone breaks into your house with you in it? With a fireram, you would be able to defend yourself, whether they have one or not.
#65 Posted by Mr. Ubiquitous (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

Better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!!!

#66 Posted by Hellraiser of Despair (71 posts) - - Show Bio

I own a 44 Magnum and a Smith & Wesson 500, I kinda dig revolvers over automatics

#67 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
Hellraiser of Despair said:
"I own a 44 Magnum and a Smith & Wesson 500, I kinda dig revolvers over automatics"
Say that to my Great grandpa's 12.7mm heavy machine gun. 
#68 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Mr. Ubiquitous said:
" Better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!!!"
Agreed!
#69 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"Say that to my Great grandpa's 12.7mm heavy machine gun. "
He'd have to aim that bad-boy first. It's not called a heavy machine gun for nothing.
#70 Edited by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"Say that to my Great grandpa's 12.7mm heavy machine gun. "
He'd have to aim that bad-boy first. It's not called a heavy machine gun for nothing."
It's meant to be bolted onto tanks, the recoil kicks harder than a pissed off donkey on steroids.
#71 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"It's meant to be bolted onto tanks, the recoil kicks harder than a pissed off donkey on steroids."
With that being said, anyone holding that could get hit first with anyone holding a .22 or better.
#72 Posted by never give up (9604 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#73 Posted by Gloom (3653 posts) - - Show Bio

Um, no. O_O

#74 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Dont need one

if someones big and strong enough to rob my house that Id have to use a gun to stop them, then theyve worked hard on themselves to be strong, Im not gonna waste money on one

#75 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
Resonate said:
"Dont need one

if someones big and strong enough to rob my house that Id have to use a gun to stop them, then theyve worked hard on themselves to be strong, Im not gonna waste money on one"
So your saying if they worked hard to rob you they deserve to rob you?  It's that kind of logic that lets empires fall. 
#76 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"It's meant to be bolted onto tanks, the recoil kicks harder than a pissed off donkey on steroids."
With that being said, anyone holding that could get hit first with anyone holding a .22 or better."
We bolted it on a castle turret.  In the general direction of russia.  No Dogs of Putin are getting me.   They can send all the tanks and bombers they want, we aren't going to let them kill us without us killing them. 

though a single modern artillery shell would destroy any mideval castle.
#77 Posted by HobGadling (706 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"HobGadling said:
"Like I said, I don't feel like I need one.  If you really plan on sniping me, what difference does it make if I own a firearm or not?  If you're a good shot, I guess I'm dead.  Give yourself a pat on the back."

What if someone breaks into your house with you in it? With a fireram, you would be able to defend yourself, whether they have one or not."
Yes, I feel I would.  I know my house better, and I feel comfortable disarming an intruder.  One gun: his, is more than enough.  Two guns to keep track of?  I don't like it.  To me, they are x-factors.  The more there are floating around, the better chance the other guy has, and the better the chance a errant bullet strikes my sleeping wife or children.  I could be wrong, but if I feel less comfortable bringing one into an altercation anyway, I doubt I really am.  Maybe I'm wrong and someone will break in whom I can't take.  Until it happens, this is how I feel.
#78 Posted by HobGadling (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, yeah... I also live in a duplex... a duplex with lots of houses around it.  Smart thieves would pick another house, and dump people don't scare me. ;)

#79 Posted by Mr. Ubiquitous (1032 posts) - - Show Bio
HobGadling said:
"Oh, yeah... I also live in a duplex... a duplex with lots of houses around it.  Smart thieves would pick another house, and dump people don't scare me. ;)"

that's a dead mans logic! we live in a violent, and ever dangerous world. As a MAN its your responsibility to protect your family by taking all means necessary to do so, into consideration. Guns don't kill, never have, never will...humans are evil, not the metal weapon. If you defense of loved ones is the imporbable mathematical % of a crime, or violence, being perpetrated upon you and yours, well...that's when chaos often strikes. I have personally only shot my weapons at a range, thankfully crime has not YET come upon me in such a manner. However, if it ever does, and my family is present? I will treat that situation with EXTREME prejudice, and do so with aplomb. I also sleep like a baby knowing I have proper protection against evil, you enter MY home univited? its most likely death for that criminal, and that is the home to pass.
#80 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Resonate said:
"Dont need one

if someones big and strong enough to rob my house that Id have to use a gun to stop them, then theyve worked hard on themselves to be strong, Im not gonna waste money on one"

What if they have a gun? Then what? O_o

If they are bold enough to break into your home with a gun, then they are bold enough to shoot you and your family and take whatever you have.

HobGadling said:
"Yes, I feel I would.  I know my house better, and I feel comfortable disarming an intruder.  One gun: his, is more than enough.  Two guns to keep track of?  I don't like it.  To me, they are x-factors.  The more there are floating around, the better chance the other guy has, and the better the chance a errant bullet strikes my sleeping wife or children.  I could be wrong, but if I feel less comfortable bringing one into an altercation anyway, I doubt I really am.  Maybe I'm wrong and someone will break in whom I can't take.  Until it happens, this is how I feel."

That's pretty risky. And, I feel you on stray bullets and stuff. But, unless you're Jet Li or something, disarming an armed man that has used a gun before isn't gonna be easy, especially if you've never done it, firsthand. That would just make it easier for the guy to blow your head off. But, whatever's clever, I guess. You have kids, I understand where you're coming from. Me, on the other hand, will not be having kids. My guns are my kids. LOL.
#81 Posted by HobGadling (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr. Ubiquitous said:

"HobGadling said:
"Oh, yeah... I also live in a duplex... a duplex with lots of houses around it.  Smart thieves would pick another house, and dump people don't scare me. ;)"

that's a dead mans logic! we live in a violent, and ever dangerous world. As a MAN its your responsibility to protect your family by taking all means necessary to do so, into consideration. Guns don't kill, never have, never will...humans are evil, not the metal weapon. If you defense of loved ones is the imporbable mathematical % of a crime, or violence, being perpetrated upon you and yours, well...that's when chaos often strikes. I have personally only shot my weapons at a range, thankfully crime has not YET come upon me in such a manner. However, if it ever does, and my family is present? I will treat that situation with EXTREME prejudice, and do so with aplomb. I also sleep like a baby knowing I have proper protection against evil, you enter MY home univited? its most likely death for that criminal, and that is the home to pass."

That comment was just an afterthough to the one before it.  I don't think guns are evil, I'm just confident in disarming an intruder without one.  I know my house, I know where everything is in my house I would need to fend off an intruder, and I sleep light.  As I said, I live in a duplex.  It ain't big.  I'd hear an intruder break in.  It's  most likely death for the criminal in my case, too.  I just don't need a gun.  That's not me trying to sound like a tough guy, and that's not me trying to put you down.  I think we both have the same mindset. You just have a far better comfort level with a gun than I do, and I have a far better comfort level with my own body and various cutting and bludgeoning objects lying around my house than I do with a gun.  I'm not saying there are guys out there that can't take me, but not many of them are robbing houses, and even fewer are robbing houses in my neighborhood.  It could happen.  I could also get struck by lightning.

#82 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Man I don't know when this turned into a ethical debate.....But.....I just bought another shotgun.
Mostly to hunt with, but my wife knows if someone breaks into the house lock the bedroom door, then shot threw it when the person gets to it.

#83 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
HobGadling said:
"That comment was just an afterthough to the one before it.  I don't think guns are evil, I'm just confident in disarming an intruder without one.  I know my house, I know where everything is in my house I would need to fend off an intruder, and I sleep light.  As I said, I live in a duplex.  It ain't big.  I'd hear an intruder break in.  It's  most likely death for the criminal in my case, too.  I just don't need a gun.  That's not me trying to sound like a tough guy, and that's not me trying to put you down.  I think we both have the same mindset. You just have a far better comfort level with a gun than I do, and I have a far better comfort level with my own body and various cutting and bludgeoning objects lying around my house than I do with a gun.  I'm not saying there are guys out there that can't take me, but not many of them are robbing houses, and even fewer are robbing houses in my neighborhood.  It could happen.  I could also get struck by lightning."
That's some real sh!t you just said. Do you take Karate?
#84 Posted by HobGadling (706 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"HobGadling said:
"That comment was just an afterthough to the one before it.  I don't think guns are evil, I'm just confident in disarming an intruder without one.  I know my house, I know where everything is in my house I would need to fend off an intruder, and I sleep light.  As I said, I live in a duplex.  It ain't big.  I'd hear an intruder break in.  It's  most likely death for the criminal in my case, too.  I just don't need a gun.  That's not me trying to sound like a tough guy, and that's not me trying to put you down.  I think we both have the same mindset. You just have a far better comfort level with a gun than I do, and I have a far better comfort level with my own body and various cutting and bludgeoning objects lying around my house than I do with a gun.  I'm not saying there are guys out there that can't take me, but not many of them are robbing houses, and even fewer are robbing houses in my neighborhood.  It could happen.  I could also get struck by lightning."
That's some real sh!t you just said. Do you take Karate?"

lol... I'm not going to get into that.  I'm not trying to be "that guy"... you know: internet  tough guy.  Please don't turn me into him. lol
#85 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
HobGadling said:
"lol... I'm not going to get into that.  I'm not trying to be "that guy"... you know: internet  tough guy.  Please don't turn me into him. lol"
I feel you. But, I was just asking. LOL.
#86 Posted by Cavalry (237 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't live in the U.S, so no.  I live in the UK.

#87 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Resonate said:
"Dont need one

What if they have a gun? Then what? O_o

If they are bold enough to break into your home with a gun, then they are bold enough to shoot you and your family and take whatever you have.

may have possibly done what Static has mentioned and doesnt have that kind of boldness

You know, if they're willing to shoot someone for no reason other than personal gain, karma'll bite them in the ass, so Im not going to worry about it. I know how to disarm guns, and if they rob me ion broad daylight to see me sneaking up on him in my weird house then meh, honestly Im not worried about what happens to me or my family, kind of sad
#88 Posted by mark1212 (5451 posts) - - Show Bio

hellz no

#89 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

=]

#90 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Resonate said:
"may have possibly done what Static has mentioned and doesnt have that kind of boldness

You know, if they're willing to shoot someone for no reason other than personal gain, karma'll bite them in the ass, so Im not going to worry about it. I know how to disarm guns, and if they rob me ion broad daylight to see me sneaking up on him in my weird house then meh, honestly Im not worried about what happens to me or my family, kind of sad"

LOL.
#91 Posted by D34DP001 (73 posts) - - Show Bio
USP .45 Magnum Six Shooter.
#92 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

A can of mace

#93 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
BatgirlBabs said:
"A can of mace"
Wuss.  You have a full right to shoot someone's brains out if they attempt to harm you.
#94 Posted by Matches (224 posts) - - Show Bio

I live in Australia, I have a boomerang, didgeredoo and a boxing kangaroo :p

and a 308. to keep those pesty boars away
#95 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
BatgirlBabs said:
"A can of mace"

Nice. :)

Dreadnaught said:
"Wuss.  You have a full right to shoot someone's brains out if they attempt to harm you."
Don't hate. More women carry mace than guns.
#96 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"BatgirlBabs said:
"A can of mace"

Nice. :)

Dreadnaught said:
"Wuss.  You have a full right to shoot someone's brains out if they attempt to harm you."
Don't hate. More women carry mace than guns."
But I like the sight of brains on the wall. 
#97 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"But I like the sight of brains on the wall. "
Everyone doesn't share the same tastes. LOL.
#98 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"But I like the sight of brains on the wall. "
Everyone doesn't share the same tastes. LOL."
Then I guess some more brains are going to have to be added.  >:'D
#99 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL.

#100 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

We do have a quad 6 barreled 30 mm vulcan cannons, at the main tower, it's the heavy duty Russkie killer.  Grandfathered anti-automatic weapon laws.  Same for our revolving cannon.  >.> <.<