Posted by MissyMoxie (60 posts) 1 year, 5 months ago

Poll: Do you like spending time with your parents? (63 votes)

Not at all (or not possible to) 10%
Only when I have to 8%
They are ok, but I would rather spend time with others 11%
My parents are my friends and they are fun, but I still need my own time 43%
My parents are awesome 29%
#1 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I love my parents and even though my mother can be bothersome, the fiasco she had a few months back made me realize how stupid I acted. I treasure any moments I have with my parents. Oh and my father is the biggest goofball in the world so I guess I know where I got that from :D

#2 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7818 posts) - - Show Bio

I love my parents but I would find it hard to live with them again, need my own space.

#3 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (24862 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah.

#4 Edited by Strider92 (16472 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah. My dad makes me laugh so hard (due to our shared disturbing and dark humor) and as I live in England and they live in France I don't see them a whole lot. So yeah I do like spending time with them.

#5 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18052 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah

#6 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#7 Posted by BlackReaper (595 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I bring them to the mall every now and then and we go for coffee pretty often. I don't see why not.

#8 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3519 posts) - - Show Bio

I love hanging out with my mom.

#9 Posted by Bogey (946 posts) - - Show Bio

I do in small increments.

#10 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13149 posts) - - Show Bio

my mom yes. but i dont get to hang out with my dad. and when i do its almost always awkward.

#11 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to be embarrassed to hang out with my parents, but after I spent a good 2 years away from them I realized that they won't always be here to spend time with so I try to remember that every time my mom wants to take me out to lunch or my dad wants to go for a walk.

I don't want to have regrets when it comes to that.

#12 Edited by dboyrules2011 (13434 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah.

#13 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I did

#14 Posted by The_Tree (7465 posts) - - Show Bio

My mom is awesome, my dad was awesome, and my step-dad is ehh.

Everyone needs their alone time, though.

#15 Edited by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

Dad is gone. Mom is okay but not exactly accepting.

#16 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17401 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. I do.

#17 Posted by Bruxae (13871 posts) - - Show Bio

Mom is pretty good, dad's not around, I think im just a loner by heart though.. I dont like being around anyone for long even if I have fun the times I am.

I try to call or visit every few months but I really dont feel like it alot.

#18 Posted by Dabee (2392 posts) - - Show Bio

My dad has been collecting comics since the 60s, so I don't have to worry about that whole (COMICS ARE FOR KIDS, WHY CAN'T YOU BE MORE LIKE YOUR BROTHER) crap. I love my parents. Unless the people saying "no," have abusive parents, just being embarrassed by them is illogical. You'll wish you enjoyed the time you have more, when you're old.

#19 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

I love them.My dad is real funny and I look so much like him while my mom can be annoying at times but she's cool also.But everyone needs time for himself.

#20 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7848 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. I love my parents.

#21 Edited by hellmouse (99 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I just spent half an hour explaining the Endless to my dad and he wants me to hook him up with some comics. Then I showed him Hellmouse, and he was genuinely proud. So yeah....my parents are awesome :)

#22 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (22278 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course.

#23 Posted by The Stegman (24391 posts) - - Show Bio

my mom yes. but i dont get to hang out with my dad. and when i do its almost always awkward.

ditto

#24 Posted by God_Spawn (37889 posts) - - Show Bio

I do with both my parents, depending whose house I am at for a few weeks.

#25 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

You bet I do.

#26 Posted by russellmania77 (15371 posts) - - Show Bio

ya just not all the time

#27 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#28 Posted by INFINITE_DOOM (265 posts) - - Show Bio

They be aight, in general i like my own space and with them coming from a rural mountain farming life style in Mexico they are not the sharing touchy kind of people. Thus in result why my room is always clean and organize its my sanctuary.

#29 Posted by snarkybits (350 posts) - - Show Bio

When my mom was still alive, yeah.
My dad is pretty cool, too.

#30 Edited by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

Time with Parents is vital. They know things. I answered only when I have to btw.

#31 Edited by AllStarSuperman (21868 posts) - - Show Bio

^ this. My dads cool. My mom not so much....

#32 Posted by sagejonathan (1955 posts) - - Show Bio

I love my mom and dad. I'm really close to them and love spending time with them. I need my own time too of course.

#33 Posted by Deadite (24003 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#34 Posted by Duncan (11445 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh..

#35 Edited by SithLantern93 (2155 posts) - - Show Bio

Dad is dead. Mom is annoying. So that means no.

#36 Edited by tupiaz (2185 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee said:

My dad has been collecting comics since the 60s, so I don't have to worry about that whole (COMICS ARE FOR KIDS, WHY CAN'T YOU BE MORE LIKE YOUR BROTHER) crap. I love my parents. Unless the people saying "no," have abusive parents, just being embarrassed by them is illogical. You'll wish you enjoyed the time you have more, when you're old.

Shouldn't you let people deicide if they want to see there parents. There can be many reason why people don't want to see or don't see there parents. The parents can go against what you wish, not accepting your lifestyle. Just because you parents aren't abusive don't mean living with your parents is the best thing in the world. The world isn't so black/white. Let people have the family life as the want to it really isn't your job to deicide that. .You could also make the claim that just because you have the same blood and they are your parents it is illogical to be proud of them. In general people are illogical though.

#37 Edited by Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray (745 posts) - - Show Bio

My dad passed away when I was very young and my mum acted different around her ex-husband and now acts differently around her new fiance... So I only spend time with her when he's not around.

#38 Posted by Dabee (2392 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz said:

@dabee said:

Shouldn't you let people deicide if they want to see there parents. There can be many reason why people don't want to see or don't see there parents. The parents can go against what you wish, not accepting your lifestyle. Just because you parents aren't abusive don't mean living with your parents is the best thing in the world. The world isn't so black/white. Let people have the family life as the want to it really isn't your job to deicide that. .You could also make the claim that just because you have the same blood and they are your parents it is illogical to be proud of them. In general people are illogical though.

What do you mean by not accepting your lifestyle? As an example, if a parent treats a kid differently and doesn't accept that he or she is gay/transgender, that to me is abusive. Being embarrassed by your parents is what I was talking about, if you read my post. As in, your parents do everything for you, but you just think they're "lame."

#39 Posted by Mirror (54 posts) - - Show Bio

My parents are both dead, my dad died when I was a little kid and my mom when I was 18. but I enjoyed the time I had with them even it was just too short.

#40 Posted by tupiaz (2185 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee said:

@tupiaz said:

@dabee said:

What do you mean by not accepting your lifestyle? As an example, if a parent treats a kid differently and doesn't accept that he or she is gay/transgender, that to me is abusive. Being embarrassed by your parents is what I was talking about, if you read my post. As in, your parents do everything for you, but you just think they're "lame."

I wasn't talking about my lifestyle. Your definition is of abusive is definitely pretty broad.