i was in a certain thread when i found out that there are many people here in the many who have possibly descended from families of royal or noble heritage.. that is what inspired me to make this thread..
there are many ways to find out if you have descended from a royal or noble bloodline.. here are some:
#1. Being a relative of members of Royal Houses
this is possibly the easiest way of finding out if you are of royal ancestry. there are many royal houses in the world and the possibilities of one person being a descendant of any of them is a possibility.. this is usually supported by carrying the same surname as the royal houses and familial history and testaments.. here are some famous Royal Houses
- House of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg of the Kings of Greece
- House of Habsburg of the Emperors of the Holy Roman Empire and Austria
- House of Bourbon of the Kings of France, Spain and Navarre
- House of Braganza of the Kings of Portugal and Brazil
- House of Grimaldi the Princes of Monaco
- House of Hohenzollern of the Kings of Prussia and Germany
- House of Oldenburg of the Kings of Denmark
- House of Romanov of the Tsars of Russia
- House of Savoy of Kings of Italy
- House of Windsor of the Kings of England, Scotland and Northern Ireland
#2. Possessing Family Crest and Coat of Arms
many families possess Family Crest or Coat of Arms.. these symbols often symbolizes service to the crown of a ruling country to being members of the aristocracy.. if you manage to find your family's crest or coat of arms, the easiest way of finding your family's status is on the helmet of the family crest as the representation of helmets symbolize different meanings such as:
- Kings and Princes of royal blood - The helm is full faced, composed of gold, with the beauvoit divided by six projecting bars.
- Nobility - Made of steel, with five gold bars covering the face. It is shown inclining to profile.
- Knights and Baronets - Full faced steel helmet with the visor open and no bars.
- Esquires and Gentlemen (basically all others) - A helmet of steel with the visor closed. It is always shown in profile (either full profile or partial) facing to the dexter (the helm's right the viewer's left)
i know many you guys are, if not indirectly.. so search the net if your family possess a crest or a coat of arms and learn you secret heritage..
feel free to post your graces and your excellencies.. LOL