• 76 results
#1 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like I'm the only one without any friends who read comics in real life. My friends are down with talking about music or movies. But when it come to comics I'm like the only one. They do talk about comic book movies but none of them read actual comic books. The only time I'm having comic book conversations are in online forums. I really want to meet people with same hobby in real life. Do I have to join a comic book club or something? But I feel like I'm too old for that shit

#2 Posted by MrDirector786 (43633 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a few.

#3 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman and Batman are my poker buddies. Turns out Batman has a really sh!tty poker face. We clean him out every time.

#4 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually someone I know got my Into comics.

Even though I stopped reading about a month ago.

#5 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik said:

Superman and Batman are my poker buddies. Turns out Batman has a really sh!tty poker face. We clean him out every time.

no way batman is almost emotionless under the mask
#6 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio
@utotheg38 said:

why do you stop?
#7 Posted by superstay (10412 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no friends who are into comic books. My cousin is the closest and he only knows the movie adaptation. d^_^b

#8 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

I have one friend who reads comic books and we talk every time the new solicits for the month get released. Other than that, no.

#9 Posted by Deadcool (6817 posts) - - Show Bio

The only reason that I keep visiting Comic Vine is because I have no friends to talk about comicbooks (and almost any other thing that I find interesting), my real life friends just want to watch movies, drink alcohol and play video games.

#10 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtrickster said:

@utotheg38 said:

why do you stop?

Meh, It got really boring.

#11 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool said:

my real life friends just want to watch movies, drink alcohol and play video games.

That sounds pretty awesome (minus the alcohol).

#12 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio
I'm from China, I read comics and manga since I was a kid. I thought I could meet more friends with same interest after I came here. But nope that didn't come true
#13 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio
@Funrush said:

@Deadcool said:

my real life friends just want to watch movies, drink alcohol and play video games.

whaaaat?
#14 Posted by JediXMan (31209 posts) - - Show Bio

A few, yes.

Moderator Online
#15 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

I have two friends who read comics. It's annoying having someone around you think might have more to talk about bring up Green Lantern and Fables twenty-four seven.  It's like talking to people on Comic Vine, but with that added option to punch them in the face but you won't because they might know SCARS.

#16 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtrickster said:

@Funrush said:

@Deadcool said:

whaaaat?

ATM, I'm too young to drink, and when I get older, I won't because I personally know people who act like complete retards after a few drinks.

#17 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio
@Funrush said:

@mrtrickster said:

@Funrush said:

@Deadcool said:

whaaaat?

ATM, I'm too young to drink, and when I get older, I won't because I personally know people who act like complete retards after a few drinks.

idk I like to drink and I can control myself
I'm not an alcoholic though
#18 Posted by jack16ichigo (479 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope none at all......

#19 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtrickster said:

@Erik said:

After every game.
#20 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio

It's funny that everybody is watching dark knight rises but nobody even bother touching detective comics

#21 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20424 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. Nobody. They generally know the characters but not in depth stuff. ( Ex. They think Green Lantern is the name for Hal Jordan )

#22 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtrickster said:

I'm from China, I read comics and manga since I was a kid. I thought I could meet more friends with same interest after I came here. But nope that didn't come true

lol comicvine Is weird like that.

XD

#23 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik said:

@mrtrickster said:

@Erik said:

After every game.
#24 Posted by _Cain_ (23670 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I've loaned the occasional Issue or Two to my friends, They kinda like it, With the exception of one who I Trusted with my copy of Watchmen.

#25 Posted by Genkaku (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I had one, but he moved to Canada (I'm in Aus).. But he did regale me with his miss-adventures at comic-con recently and make me super jealous

#26 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio
@Genkaku said:

I had one, but he moved to Canada (I'm in Aus).. But he did regale me with his miss-adventures at comic-con recently and make me super jealous

This girl offered me New York comic-con ticket my freshmen college year. I didn't go cause I got mad works back then. Now I'm transferring to Midwest and I probably can't go to comic-con for a long time :(
#27 Posted by Genkaku (11 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtrickster said:

@Genkaku said:

This girl offered me New York comic-con ticket my freshmen college year. I didn't go cause I got mad works back then. Now I'm transferring to Midwest and I probably can't go to comic-con for a long time :(

Well you can always justify it as the New York one wouldn't have been as good as San Diego? Well it's worse for me, if I ever wanted to go the flights are the most expensive parts, and he's now pestering me to save a join him next year

#28 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool said:

The only reason that I keep visiting Comic Vine is because I have no friends to talk about comicbooks (and almost any other thing that I find interesting), my real life friends just want to watch movies, drink alcohol and play video games.

Sigh...Me to

#29 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio
@Genkaku said:

@mrtrickster said:

@Genkaku said:

Well you can always justify it as the New York one wouldn't have been as good as San Diego? Well it's worse for me, if I ever wanted to go the flights are the most expensive parts, and he's now pestering me to save a join him next year

haha ignore him
#30 Posted by Genkaku (11 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtrickster said:

@Genkaku said:

@mrtrickster said:

@Genkaku said:

haha ignore him

Haha I can try, but I fear my want to go to Comic-Con and also visit America my get the better of me

#31 Edited by _Zombie_ (10462 posts) - - Show Bio

3/5 of my main group of friends are massive comic geeks, like myself.

#32 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio
@ZombieBigfoot said:

3/5 of my main group of friends are massive comic geeks, like myself.

damn you lucky bastard
#33 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

No on in bum tard Kansas reads comics unfortunately

#34 Posted by _Zombie_ (10462 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtrickster: Indubitably.

#35 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio
@Genkaku said:

@mrtrickster said:

@Genkaku said:

@mrtrickster said:

@Genkaku said:

haha ignore him

Haha I can try, but I fear my want to go to Comic-Con and also visit America my get the better of me

isn't there a OZ comic con in Australia this year? I read it online somewhere...
#36 Edited by Genkaku (11 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtrickster said:

@Genkaku said:

@mrtrickster said:

@Genkaku said:

@mrtrickster said:

@Genkaku said:

haha ignore him

isn't there a OZ comic con in Australia this year? I read it online somewhere...

Yeah there was, I found out about it to late, and it also went to another city sorry.. Theres one 2013 that goes the the 3 cities I don't live in

#37 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool said:

My situation exactly!! I do have one friend who I found out is a poster on Comicvine but doesn't use his account much and he only likes Superman and he's an athletic guy so we really never have anything to talk about!

#38 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio
@Genkaku: that sucks
#39 Posted by Deadcool (6817 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@Deadcool said:

Sigh...Me to

A good thing about the internet is that you always find somepne to share some thoughts, I glad to know that we agree =)

#40 Posted by Xanax (172 posts) - - Show Bio

No, none of my friends were into comics that much, but im more of a movie freak than I am a comic so my friends were pretty much the same way even though we'd bring up battles every now and then that took place in the comics.

#41 Posted by War Killer (20374 posts) - - Show Bio

I have one at school, but not anyone who has an extent knowledge in which he/her and I can have a good debate/conversation with about anything comic book... :(

#42 Posted by JediXMan (31209 posts) - - Show Bio

... kinda feel like a jerk commenting, now.

Moderator Online
#43 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

A small group of friends so, A good bit.

#44 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8048 posts) - - Show Bio

One of my friends likes comics to. The others could care less for it.

#45 Edited by ArtGamer (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

no,the closest it's my brother but he only likes the superheroes movies no the comics, but at least i can talk about comic and explain him everything XD

#46 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

If we're not counting the comic store employees who just know me...then no.

#47 Posted by Deranged Midget (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a work friend who knows a decent amount of comic books but that's it.

#48 Posted by Referee (8209 posts) - - Show Bio

None :(

#49 Posted by IronMan1234 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

I live with my oldest brother and he loves comics, so that's how I got into them really early on as a kid. However, he's always busy with business and we rarely socialize, so i'd say no :(

#50 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

no, my friends only watch the movies. but i've become the comic guru at my school because everyone sees me reading comics and asks me questions about batman and a bunch of other superheroes.