Do you feel a fictional story HAS to be realistic or make sense or not?

• 54 results
Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Vaeternus

Poll Do you feel a fictional story HAS to be realistic or make sense or not? (49 votes)

Yes 39%
No 53%
Not sure 8%

So wondering, it's something I've debated with my friends over time. And found it to be an interesting concept when you think about it.

Especially with comics for instance, I sometimes read the Flash topics and Superman too. People sometimes go into this whole "realistic, scientific" breakdown while other users say "hey dude it's fiction, who cares"? lol

So what are your thoughts? Fiction in general, do you feel it needs to be realistic or doesn't matter being fantasy/fiction? Does it depend on the story regardless of fiction or not?

Do tell, I hope to read many interesting posts :)

• 
Web_Flotsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Realistic, no. Believable, yes. It's all about internal consistency.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

No. That's the point of fiction, to let imagination fly.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Realistic as in having to apply to the laws of physics in regards to our universe? No of course not. But I do prefer fictional universe to apply a decent level of consistency, at least in regards to the laws that fictional universe sets up.

Inconsistencies will of course always be present in fiction, no matter how realistic it maybe really in regards to films, where it is easier to spot and point out such inconsistency's. But then it is interesting how consistently unrealistic certain films can be, like how it is presented and parodied in The Last Action Hero.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. That's the point of fiction, to let imagination fly.

I hear ya lol who wants to pay for reality right? Reality=dull. Fiction=Fun! :)