Do you consider Rapping on par or as difficult as Singing?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In terms of performing rapping is much easier. Its really just talking. Fast rapping is hard though.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Freestyling takes skill, but overall, singing is WAY more difficult and takes more talent/training.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I guess so. But rapping sounds like sh*t live.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#304  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@vaeternus said:

You mean like some other users on here do often? I won't name names but there's a known user who makes very controversial topics within the realm of "rules" I'm quite sure are bait topics for users who feel differently half the time on here yet his threads rarely get closed, and another user I recently has some issues with who I found out from other mods in fact who is a known troll yet gets away with it because he knows his "boundries" of the rules. I won't name names but I'm SURE you know who I'm talking about.

No, actually I have no clue what you're talking about and i'm not playing dumb because i'm a mod and you're a user and we're not supposed to discuss stuff like that..I HONESTLY have no idea who or what you're talking about.

I can only say here I agree with @jaken7 post. I really just figured hey "what would be an interesting topic that won't get closed and hopefully not offend anyone yet be fair to everyone" as to why I made the poll giving people options, aside from me working on my own rapping projects with voice acting at that time(I still voice act when I can/more freelance) but after I made that rapping video for Swoozie, it intrigued me. I even told him, you know I'm glad you didn't ask me to sing lol. He told me as someone who loves all music in general, I KNEW rapping would be more possible Pete. So I'm just saying he's a black guy who loves rap, music in general well known youtube blogger etc if you followed him or know of him. He told me this himself when we were making it. I personally felt "ok singing no way lol I can't sing worth a dime, rapping I also am not sure I can do" he actually convinced me "dude it's not that hard trust me, I'm positive you'll kill it" lol I practiced, and voila it worked. Now, I'm not saying my "rapping skills/comedy" skills are on par with Eminem or Jay-Z etc. But I managed to get it done, reach my goal. The commenters I'd say 99% loved the rap part and I was actually very concerned about judgement and how it turned out. Shortly afterwards, I began doing my own experiments for fun and around that time I had the idea for this topic. I also always try to search if a topic has been done before.

Which is why the question itself seems odd to me. I think it's OBVIOUS it's alot more difficult to sing. For regular people who aren't in any industry, "singing well" is definitely harder than "rapping well". All rapping requires is rhythm and flow which are simple concepts while "singing well" requires in melodic vocal quality that many people just DON'T have. What you're explaining to me about your experience on enforces that point.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No, actually I have no clue what you're talking about and i'm not playing dumb because i'm a mod and you're a user and we're not supposed to discuss stuff like that..I HONESTLY have no idea who or what you're talking about.

Which is why the question itself seems odd to me. I think it's OBVIOUS it's alot more difficult to sing. For regular people who aren't in any industry, "singing well" is definitely harder than "rapping well". All rapping requires is rhythm and flow which are simple concepts while "singing well" requires in melodic vocal quality that many people just DON'T have. What you're explaining to me about your experience on enforces that point.

I see, I only mentioned it since you brought up that whole making a topic with ulterior motives point. Some users I agree do that, I was just saying I'm not one of them. I'm more direct ;) Nevermind, if you speak with Razza and SC next you'll know who I'm talking about.

It sounds to me like you may be I don't want to say confusing, but perhaps mixing up "talent" with "difficulty" of doing both. Obviously, there's a talent for nearly everything in life and singing, rapping are no different. However, difficulty is merely a apart of some talents or with some more or less let's just say. I would out of curiousity though love to ask a bunch of singers and rappers, though if you're ridiculously versatile like say The Beatles, they could do anything related to music. I'm a big fan and they have literally hundreds of songs, but they could sing slow, faster or even on drugs I'm sure lol. They even did songs that while may not "be rap" sound similar to it meaning faster singing and rhyming to a more briefer beat as oppose to other songs where they had more dragged out melodies. But to be fair, they were unique like that and in general to most bands.

But yes, that is just my opinion on my personal experience regardless if majority agree or disagree with it.