Do you consider Rapping on par or as difficult as Singing?

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Vaeternus

Oh lol I was about to say, I know some people love him but damn :P

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Vaeternus said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

@Vaeternus said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Vaeternus said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Not anyone can sing, but in my opinion anyone can rap with enough practice.

I totally agree with this. I've rapped before for comic skits a friend and I work on via a script, I memorized part of it and it wasn't that hard to go to his beat. Now, ask me to sing and that will be beyond difficult lol.

Singing takes real talent and skill, you have to alter the tone, pitch of your voice plus carry a good tune. It's not easy. Rapping? Is really just rhyming to a beat and memorization which also goes for singers

Exactly. It's like Maybelline, except shes born with it.

lol Maybelline. Come to think of it, I'd think rapping and beat boxing is more comparable lol.

Aight give me a quick 16 bard right now off the dome.

So you're saying people are born with the knowledge to perform a16 bard off the top of their head?

I'm not saying its not a skill, i'm just saying it can be accomplished by anyone if they put the effort into it, whereas singing is a talent that one can't simply have or obtain, they must be born with the skill. I can't even pass Spanish and you want me to cyber rap for you...

Exactly lol, although since he asked I did make a comedy video with a friend where I'm the main voice actor(it's my dream job) and I had to rap in one part with three different voices, that took a little practice but was nothing compared to when I had to sing in school...omg. I lipsynced half the time. Nuff said lol

So, Neomaxwell if you wish I can link you to that video. I mean I'm not saying I'm Eminem or anything but rapping isn't that hard with some practice. Singing? pfftt yeah, that's a talent you need to be BORN with. Period

Link or didn't happen!

I was talking to the Neo guy, but sure if you want to see the part where I'm referring to. Comedy video my friend and I made, spoofing on Twitter and Thundercats. Go 11:20 in to hear the rapping part. Keep in mind, not just rapping part I had to do but also 3 different voices ;)

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Vaeternus said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Vaeternus said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

@Vaeternus said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Vaeternus said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I totally agree with this. I've rapped before for comic skits a friend and I work on via a script, I memorized part of it and it wasn't that hard to go to his beat. Now, ask me to sing and that will be beyond difficult lol.

Singing takes real talent and skill, you have to alter the tone, pitch of your voice plus carry a good tune. It's not easy. Rapping? Is really just rhyming to a beat and memorization which also goes for singers

lol Maybelline. Come to think of it, I'd think rapping and beat boxing is more comparable lol.

So you're saying people are born with the knowledge to perform a16 bard off the top of their head?

I'm not saying its not a skill, i'm just saying it can be accomplished by anyone if they put the effort into it, whereas singing is a talent that one can't simply have or obtain, they must be born with the skill. I can't even pass Spanish and you want me to cyber rap for you...

Exactly lol, although since he asked I did make a comedy video with a friend where I'm the main voice actor(it's my dream job) and I had to rap in one part with three different voices, that took a little practice but was nothing compared to when I had to sing in school...omg. I lipsynced half the time. Nuff said lol

So, Neomaxwell if you wish I can link you to that video. I mean I'm not saying I'm Eminem or anything but rapping isn't that hard with some practice. Singing? pfftt yeah, that's a talent you need to be BORN with. Period

Link or didn't happen!

I was talking to the Neo guy, but sure if you want to see the part where I'm referring to. Comedy video my friend and I made, spoofing on Twitter and Thundercats. Go 11:30 in to hear the rapping part. Keep in mind, not just rapping part I had to do but also 3 different voices ;)

Ive seen this before! That was you ???

haha That's awesome. Congratulations on being funny.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Vaeternus

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Vaeternus said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Vaeternus said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

@Vaeternus said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Vaeternus said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Link or didn't happen!

I was talking to the Neo guy, but sure if you want to see the part where I'm referring to. Comedy video my friend and I made, spoofing on Twitter and Thundercats. Go 11:30 in to hear the rapping part. Keep in mind, not just rapping part I had to do but also 3 different voices ;)

Ive seen this before! That was you ???

haha That's awesome. Congratulations on being funny.

lol, you have? awesome yeah, I know swoozie personally. He's a pro DOA player and blogger, I'm a big MK guy and gamer I met him on xbox haha playing Burnout. I'm into voice acting, he's into animation so yeah lol we make crazy stuff. Glad you liked it dude. A lot of people liked that part, but I was like oh god I don't want to sing or rap dude. lol I did practice though prior. It was fun. My name is MKF30 on there though.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#54  Edited By cyberninja
@Vance Astro said:
@cyberninja said:
Rap is crap. 
You're crap..NOW!
LOL 
Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Death Certificate said:

Basic rapping =/= good rapping

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rapping is easy even I can do it. Still can't sing though

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#57  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@VercingetorixTheGreat said:

Rapping is easy even I can do it. Still can't sing though

I can sing too that does not mean I'm good. Everybody can sing and rap this argument is weak.

Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: It like people can't tell difference between a good rapper and a bad rapper. Just because you can do a basic rap doesn't mean your good, it just means you know how to rap like s***.

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By They Killed Cap!

As a former singer, I have a lot of respect of thoughtful inteligent rappers, but they are not the typical types that you see on a regular basis.

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: I can rap well

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By cascadeking09
Imo it's just as hard as singing. Some people just can't sing, they dont have the voice for it. Anybody can rap, but it takes skill to actually come up with something good and somethin original. From what I know originality isnt a requirement to be successful as a singer, but with rappers unless you have a gimic you're not going to be sucessful biting somebody else's style or flow.

@VercingetorixTheGreat: put some lyrics down
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Static Shock

Singing requires more skill and/or talent.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By cascadeking09
@Static Shock: how much?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Static Shock

@cascadeking09: Anyone can learn to rap, even though it doesn't mean that you can be really good at it. Not everyone can learn to sing.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By PikminMania

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers said:

It's like retelling a great joke that's written down on paper. The joke may be funny but not everyone will be able to make it funny. You can't just read a joke and expect a laugh.

Same with rapping, it looks easy but it's not. Sure there are people who train their entire lives to be a singer but there are rappers who do the same. At the same time there are rappers who just fake it just like there are singers out there who do the same.

THIS. So much this.

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#66  Edited By jobiwankenobi

no

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Jnr6Lil

I think rapping is harder.

You can easily give anyone singing lessons.

Rapping you can't really teach.

Rapping is really complex, It takes alot to develop flows, lyricism, and to do that while on sync with the beat.

@Static Shock said:

@cascadeking09: Anyone can learn to rap, even though it doesn't mean that you can be really good at it. Not everyone can learn to sing.

Yes but that logic can be applied to singing. Just like you say anyone can rap but not be good at it, anyone can sing, that doesn't mean they're good at it.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#68  Edited By Straight-Fire  Online

Rapping Takes more (skill) for sure.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Vaeternus

I want to also ask something concerning the people who think rapping is soooo much harder then singing.

Ok, if this is true then couldn't Eminem sing? He can rap, ok but can he sing since rapping is harder? Think about it lol. Rapping isn't that difficult with a little practice, anyone can really do it. Singing, not so much. You need the talent...

@Static Shock said:

I agree. Hey aren't you also a rap enthusiast? If I'm wrong, I apologize.

Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vaeternus said:

I want to also ask something concerning the people who think rapping is soooo much harder then singing.

Ok, if this is true then couldn't Eminem sing? He can rap, ok but can he sing since rapping is harder? Think about it lol. Rapping isn't that difficult with a little practice, anyone can really do it. Singing, not so much. You need the talent...

@Static Shock said:

That doesn't mean they are good at it.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Vaeternus

True, but they can still DO it. Like Static pointed out. Not everyone can sing however. I believe that's the difference.

Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You don't get my point, unless these actually have talent, it doesn't matter how times they try, they will still suck regardless.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Vaeternus

Just realized, why are people voting for E.? lol

@Death Certificate said:

You don't get my point, unless these actually have talent, it doesn't matter how times they try, they will still suck regardless.

I get your point, not so sure you're seeing mine though. Most people can drive, doesn't mean they're GOOD at it. But it's still possible.

Just like most people can rap, but not SING. There's a huge difference. Rapping doesn't require vocal alteration, change in pitch, tone, high notes, low notes like Singing does..along with memorization, it's entirely two different things. Rapping now, ok let's see here. Rhyming to a consistent beat at a reasonably steady speed with memorization. More or less remembering a poem to a beat. No actual vocal talent there outside of the "speaking" part, it's not singing..it's speaking to a beat.

I'm not saying everyone is like that, just majority. So, sucking or not is irrelevant. Most people who try to rap or sing will suck, but which is actually more possible? Rapping. All it is is talking faster and rhyming. How hard is that? The hardest thing is really to memorize which a singer has to do and then some. BTW, also want to point out rappers don't have to worry about playing any kind of instruments, while singers do at times depending on the singer, group etc. Some play while singing. So not only is he singing, but he's making part of the music at the same time.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Vaeternus: That same logic can be applied to singing. Anyone can sing, doesn't mean they're good.

@Vaeternus: Yeah you don't understand the complexity of rapping, it's not just talking fast and rhyming .@Vaeternus said:

@Static Shock said:

I doubt Beyonce could rap.

Like I said before, anyone can sing and rap. It doesn't mean they're good but they can still do it. Carly Rae Jaspen sings, doesn't mean she's good, but she's still singing.

Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get your point, not so sure you're seeing mine though. Most people can drive, doesn't mean they're GOOD at it. But it's still possible.

Knowing how to do basic rapping is nowhere near is as practical as driving. Driving can get you job, basic rapping gives you nothing

Just like most people can rap, but not SING. There's a huge difference. Rapping doesn't require vocal alteration, change in pitch, tone, high notes, low notes like Singing does..along with memorization, it's entirely two different things. Rapping now, ok let's see here. Rhyming to a consistent beat at a reasonably steady speed with memorization. More or less remembering a poem to a beat. No actual vocal talent outside of the "speaking" part, it's not singing.

And how many singers can rap good? I'll wait for that

I'm not saying everyone is like that, just majority. So, sucking or not is irrelevant. Most people who try to rap or sing will suck, but which is actually more possible? Rapping. All it is is talking faster and rhyming. How hard is that? The hardest thing is really to memorize which a singer has to do and then some. BTW, also want to point out rappers don't have to worry about playing any kind of instruments, while singers do at times depending on the singer, group etc. Some play while singing. So not only is he singing, but he's making part of the music at the same time.

Oh come on really? If rapping was as simple as you make it then why aren't you releasing mixtapes or hell dropping 16 bars right now.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#76  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Jnr6Lil said:

I think rapping is harder.

You can easily give anyone singing lessons.

Rapping you can't really teach.

Rapping is really complex, It takes alot to develop flows, lyricism, and to do that while on sync with the beat.

Giving someone singing lessons doesn't at all mean they will end up singing well. Rapping isn't harder than singing because it doesn't require any talent to rap. The talent portion of rap music comes from those things you mentioned (flow, lyricism,syncing with the beat). 
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Vance Astro: And it doesn't require any talent to sing, There's people out there singing just by throwing Autotune over their vocals and making good money. They're still singing but it isn't good singing.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By mikethekiller

Being a good rapper is just as hard as singing.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Vaeternus

@Jnr6Lil said:

How can anyone sing? Do tell. Oh wait, you said doesn't mean they're good which backs my original point.

Yes I do actually, you must not understand the difficulty of singing while playing an instrument. Rapping is nothing, I've done it after few hours of practice. It's not that hard.

I don't think you're get that it's not if anyone can sing or rap alone, but the skill level and talent it takes to do....which isn't really comparable. Rapping is NOT Singing. It's rapping, it's merely talking fast and making things rhyme to a syncranized beat. There's probably way more people out there who can rap or have potential to rap like a pro, then singers who go unnoticed. If you can't sing THAT well, you will be noticed. One of my best friend's sisters, has her own studio, sings a lot and has help from her BF. Has gone to clubs, bars etc to get noticed and she's got a nice voice but guess what? Nothing. I don't think you realize how hard it is to become a pro singer or get noticed. Rapping? Again, I can point out people not known but known on youtube who clearly have talent to rap. Observe...

Are they pro? No. Can they rap? Yes.

I also want to point out that saying there's people out there with autotune behind them goes for anyone including rappers(btw, not all musicians use autotune) Yet, rappers are what without a remote tune? Nothing. Nobody would listen to them and you wouldn't have anything to listen to. I can go on my korg DS right now and make a rap beat, and rap to it may take me a little while but it's very possible being as how I've made trance songs on it. Now, if I try to sing with my voice alone hahahahaha, yeah not happening.

@Death Certificate said:

Knowing how to do basic rapping is nowhere near is as practical as driving. Driving can get you job, basic rapping gives you nothing

Just like most people can rap, but not SING. There's a huge difference. Rapping doesn't require vocal alteration, change in pitch, tone, high notes, low notes like Singing does..along with memorization, it's entirely two different things. Rapping now, ok let's see here. Rhyming to a consistent beat at a reasonably steady speed with memorization. More or less remembering a poem to a beat. No actual vocal talent outside of the "speaking" part, it's not singing.

And how many singers can rap good? I'll wait for that

Oh come on really? If rapping was as simple as you make it then why aren't you releasing mixtapes or hell dropping 16 bars right now.

So, essentially what you're saying is you believe rapping is harder then driving? Basic rapping actually can get you a job, just perhaps not "a professional rapper" you can be a comedian(watch the videos posted in this thread of normal funny people rapping) you can be a narrator rapper, voice over. You can get a job by basic rapping. Singing however, unless you can actually sing "well" won't be getting anything but a broken heart since the level of skill is just far higher then rapping is. I'd also like to disagree with you on driving skill vs. rapping, not everyone can drive...much less parallel park. I don't know where you live but where I live, people drive tons of cars daily and most of them don't know how to drive. Anyone can PASS a driving test especially if you tip the guy at times(which has happened) but does that mean you can drive well? No. It's just someone operating a vehicle to get to point A to point B. So people don't take it that seriously. I know people who can juggle, rap, speed talk among other odd talents yet can't drive a car to save their lives...or they're simply afraid of doing so. I'm not kidding either.

You know what, I honestly don't know but I'll be willing to bet more singers could learn to rap before rappers learn to sing ;)

Or people who weren't rappers at first as a main career who DID, such oh wait.. Will Smith.

You're acting as if I'm saying "rapping is simple" never said this, I said it's EASIER to do then Singing...obviously I can list you a ton of things that are easy to ridiculously hard to do in the world, but being as how the topic is "rapping vs singing" I'm merely elaborating on it. By your logic, I can easily say the same thing concerning your argument. Why aren't you a big shot singer if it's so much easier then rapping? Why isn't you and your band famous?

Also, I want to add that while some people prefer rap music, it's not exactly the highest preferred music right now in the food chain. What's the biggest rap song out in the last two years that competed much less stomped anything else that came out that wasn't Lady Gaga, rock groups, Rhianna etc?

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By spidey 15

This is just my opinion, but i believe singing requires more talent. While rapping is difficult, i think with enough practice you can make it, but singing requires a bit more talent as well, if you really want to be successful. Also i have to say since i'm a metal fan( loving most genres of that music and the extreme ones ), in order to sing with growling vocals, there is a specific way to do it( not sure, i'm not expert on these stuff) in order to not eventually hurt your throat. I would say that especially this form of singing really needs a lot of practice and talent in comparison to rap. Just my opinion though, as i have already said! :)

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Vaeternus: "After a few hours of practice, rapping is easy" Yeah I doubt you were actually good. Rapping is not merely talking fast and making words rhyme, It's way deeper than that, And if you think it's just talking fast your wrong because there's also things as making your flow, slow. Again you say not everyone can sing, Anyone can sing doesn't mean they're good.

@Vaeternus: You're fulling yourself, Lil Wayne, Drake, Nicki Minaj are all powerful rap artists.

Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, essentially what you're saying is you believe rapping is harder then driving?

How many Good/great rappers are there in comparison to amount people who can drive?

Basic rapping actually can get you a job, just perhaps not "a professional rapper" you can be a comedian(watch the videos posted in this thread of normal funny people rapping) you can be a narrator rapper, voice over. You can get a job by basic rapping.You can get a job by basic rapping. Singing however, unless you can actually sing "well" won't be getting anything but a broken heart since the level of skill is just far higher then rapping is

Guess what happens if you're not funny enough to do the stuff highlighted in bold.

I'm not even going to bother with rest of that paragraph since I already answered that in the first sentence

You know what, I honestly don't know but I'll be willing to bet more singers could learn to rap before rappers learn to sing ;)

In other words you got nothing.

Or people who weren't rappers at first as a main career who DID, such oh wait.. Will Smith.

Will was rapper before he turned into actor, and lets face it he better at actor than rapping

You're acting as if I'm saying "rapping is simple" never said this, I said it's EASIER to do then Singing...obviously I can list you a ton of things that are easy to ridiculously hard to do in the world, but being as how the topic is "rapping vs singing" I'm merely elaborating on it.

What you keep on missing is that fact that most of examples are not good rapping. Using basic rapping as way to anyone can rap is about as true as anyone with basic the knowledge of piano can be good pianist.

By your logic, I can easily say the same thing concerning your argument. Why aren't you a big shot singer if it's so much easier then rapping? Why isn't you and your band famous?

Where did I imply that singing was easy?

Also, I want to add that while some people prefer rap music, it's not exactly the highest preferred music right now in the food chain. What's the biggest rap song out in the last two years that competed much less stomped anything else that came out that wasn't Lady Gaga, rock groups, Rhianna etc?

That all depends what raps song your listening to? If it's current mainstream POP then of the answer is no.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Jnr6Lil said:

@Vance Astro: And it doesn't require any talent to sing, There's people out there singing just by throwing Autotune over their vocals and making good money. They're still singing but it isn't good singing.

Yes it does, and using Autotune doesn't refute that. 
Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Vaeternus

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Vaeternus: "After a few hours of practice, rapping is easy" Yeah I doubt you were actually good. Rapping is not merely talking fast and making words rhyme, It's way deeper than that, And if you think it's just talking fast your wrong because there's also things as making your flow, slow. Again you say not everyone can sing, Anyone can sing doesn't mean they're good.

@Vaeternus: You're fulling yourself, Lil Wayne, Drake, Nicki Minaj are all powerful rap artists.

Again, goal isn't to be "best rapper or singer" but whether or not I CAN actually do it...given your posts of defending "why rap is so much tougher then singing" I'm betting I can at least do better then you.

You obviously ignored the vid I posted, so I take it you have no counter argument to that. hmm

Deeper? lol all it is is speaking reasonably fast, not too fast to a syncronized, consistent beat. How is that "soo hard"? Never said "just talking fast" but it's also no where near as tough as singing is...

I'm hardly fulling myself, and never compared myself to any professional or well known rap artists. You're putting words in my mouth. If you actually read my previous posts, I even said I feel I can rap but I'm no Eminem or anything. Clearly you kind of phased over that part...

Yeah, REALLY difficult I have to say, repeating the term Will the real Slim Shady "please stand up, please stand up, please stand up, please stand up" in between rapping verses...

Vs.

Actually singing like this...

or this, even better playing something while singing...

@Death Certificate said:

So, essentially what you're saying is you believe rapping is harder then driving?

How many Good/great rappers are there in comparison to amount people who can drive?

Basic rapping actually can get you a job, just perhaps not "a professional rapper" you can be a comedian(watch the videos posted in this thread of normal funny people rapping) you can be a narrator rapper, voice over. You can get a job by basic rapping.You can get a job by basic rapping. Singing however, unless you can actually sing "well" won't be getting anything but a broken heart since the level of skill is just far higher then rapping is

Guess what happens if you're not funny enough to do the stuff highlighted in bold.

I'm not even going to bother with rest of that paragraph since I already answered that in the first sentence

In other words you got nothing.

Will was rapper before he turned into actor, and lets face it he better at actor than rapping

You're acting as if I'm saying "rapping is simple" never said this, I said it's EASIER to do then Singing...obviously I can list you a ton of things that are easy to ridiculously hard to do in the world, but being as how the topic is "rapping vs singing" I'm merely elaborating on it.

What you keep on missing is that fact that most of examples are not good rapping. Using basic rapping as way to anyone can rap is about as true as anyone with basic the knowledge of piano can be good pianist.

By your logic, I can easily say the same thing concerning your argument. Why aren't you a big shot singer if it's so much easier then rapping? Why isn't you and your band famous?

Where did I imply that singing was easy?

That all depends what raps song your listening to? If it's current mainstream POP then of the answer is no.

And how many of those people who drive actually drive good or well? If I had a quarter for every time someone got a parking ticket or some kind of driving violation I wouldn't have to be a pro rapper.

Yeah, you get no job but again what are the chances of getting SOME kind of gig by rapping and being funny in general as oppose to trying to sing professionally? hmmmm

No, in other words realistically nobody can know that but again I'm willing to bet anything more singers could rap before a rapper can sing. Not my problem you're not satisfied with my answer. Your short, yet blunt answer implies you have no counterargument.

Will only rapped for comedy purposes and guess what? He was known around that time..go figure, he didn't take it seriously until AFTER his acting career kicked off, lol what you don't seem to get is you're putting rapping on a pedestal or ranks like Karate or something...you can either rap you can't, and simply put rapping is easier then singing at the end of the day. My ultimate point. Why bring up playing the piano? That isn't even comparable to rapping, or I should say rapping isn't comparable to being a pianist......

You saying singing was easier then rapping...

Modern rap...compared to say 90's rap

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Jnr6Lil
Again, goal isn't to be "best rapper or singer" but whether or not I CAN actually do it...given your posts of defending "why rap is so much tougher then singing" I'm betting I can at least do better then you.
You obviously ignored the vid I posted, so I take it you have no counter argument to that. hmm
Deeper? lol all it is is speaking reasonably fast, not too fast to a syncronized, consistent beat. How is that "soo hard"? Never said "just talking fast" but it's also no where near as tough as singing is...
I'm hardly fulling myself, and never compared myself to any professional or well known rap artists. You're putting words in my mouth. If you actually read my previous posts, I even said I feel I can rap but I'm no Eminem or anything. Clearly you kind of phased over that part...
Yeah, REALLY difficult I have to say, repeating the term Will the real Slim Shady "please stand up, please stand up, please stand up, please stand up" in between rapping verses...
Vs.
Actually singing like this..

Nah, I think I'm a better rapper, Actually have a passion for it.

And you said I ignored the vid? Who said I ignored it, Trying not to keep alot of tabs so I'm not going to sit on ComicVine all the time.

No it's not speaking reasonably fast. MGK is a rapper, who raps fast. 2Pac is a rapper who raps slow-medium yet MGK is not considered to be in Pac's league. Same for Jay-Z who uses a slow flow.

Again just because you can rap doesn't mean you're good at rapping, same with singing. People sing the words to their favorite song. They're actually singing, doesn't mean they're singing.

The topic title should be changed to: Do you think rapping good is difficult as singing good.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Vance Astro said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Yes it does, and using Autotune doesn't refute that.

No, you can be a horrible singer, and still achieve a successful career, and have a large fanbase. Look at Nicki Minaj.

Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And how many of those people who drive actually drive good or well? If I had a quarter for every time someone got a parking ticket or some kind of driving violation I wouldn't have to be a pro rapper.

It's still more the than the amount of people who are good rapping. My still stands

Yeah, you get no job but again what are the chances of getting SOME kind of gig by rapping and being funny in general as oppose to trying to sing professionally? hmmmm

Alot less than you think. Just there some guys on youtube, doesn't mean their good.

No, in other words realistically nobody can know that but again I'm willing to bet anything more singers could rap before a rapper can sing. Not my problem you're not satisfied with my answer. Your short, yet blunt answer implies you have no counterargument.

It's a simple yes or no question and you couldn't answer it. I prefer to get straight the point rather than to dance around the subject.

Will only rapped for comedy purposes and guess what? He was known around that time..go figure, he didn't take it seriously until AFTER his acting career kicked off.

So what coming out first, will smith's new movie or his new album.

ol what you don't seem to get is you're putting rapping on a pedestal or ranks like Karate or something...you can either rap you can't, and simply put rapping is easier then singing at the end of the day.

So do why s*** rappers exist if anyone can rap?

My ultimate point. Why bring up playing the piano? That isn't even comparable to rapping, or I should say rapping isn't comparable to being a pianist......

Just how you bring up how anyone can learn the basics of rapping, same thing can be most instruments with a few lessons.

You saying singing was easier then rapping...

I said that being good rapper harder than people give credit for, throughout my entire rant I've been trying to tell you the difference between being good at rapping and just knowing the basics. Not once did I ever say singing was easier.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Jnr6Lil said:

No, you can be a horrible singer, and still achieve a successful career, and have a large fanbase. Look at Nicki Minaj.

Nicki Minaj is a rapper.
utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By utotheg38

@Vance Astro said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Nicki Minaj is a rapper.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@utotheg38 said:

@Vance Astro said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Nicki Minaj is a rapper.

@Vance Astro said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Nicki Minaj is a rapper.

She's a singer also.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#92  Edited By BatWatch

I know a lot more people who can sing well than people who can rap well.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Roddy010

I say singing is harder...Holding notes keeping clarity as well as tone delivering power, emotion and resonance...Singing trumps rapping in every way...

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Jnr6Lil said:

She's a singer also.

You made the point that you can have a successful career without singing well. I could see if you used Britney Spears for example (who can't sing worth a sh#t and only sings) but Nicki Minaj is essentially a rapper. Her career isn't based only on her singing.I also don't understand what point you were trying to make in the first place, because you can be a successful rapper and be terrible at that as well. You can have someone write your music and be successful. Success has nothing to do with it. Waka Flocka is successful but you'll never hear anyone compare him to Jay-Z,or Nas,or an actual good rapper. Just like a weak vocalist like Nicki Minaj will never be compared to Alicia Keys,Beyonce,Pink,Adele or anyone who can ACTUALLY sing. People can clearly see the division in the talent level, it has nothing to do with why someone buys in to their music. 
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@PsychoKnights: Same

@Vance Astro: Yes but Nicki is also like half singing, half rapping. And the point I was trying to make is, it doesn't require talent to sing. That you can sing horribly but still get a successful career, and make a large fanbase.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Jnr6Lil said: 

@Vance Astro: Yes but Nicki is also like half singing, half rapping. And the point I was trying to make is, it doesn't require talent to sing. That you can sing horribly but still get a successful career, and make a large fanbase.

But that case would only be relevant if people listened to Nicki because of her quality of singing, which they don't.
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Vance Astro: Yes but people listen to her songs because of the music, which includes singing.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Static Shock

@Vaeternus said:

I am, somewhat.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Jnr6Lil said:

@Vance Astro: Yes but people listen to her songs because of the music, which includes singing.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Vance Astro: Nicki's unique voice (Able to switch from Barbie to Jaimacan to British accents)