Do you believe in God or Do you believe in Science?

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#351  Edited By castleking

its still off topic

Avatar image for cypher_s_gambit
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#352  Edited By Cypher's Gambit
@cyberninja said:
" I believe that this is comicvine forum and not a religion or a science forum.  "
There is religion in Comics. Comics is a religion all it self actually.
Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353  Edited By Wise Son
@velle37 said:
" @Wise Son said:
"@velle37: You wrote that science is God. Maybe you need to expound on that a bit more before we go further in. Regardless of the direction you're going in, what's the need for a religion in the context that he needs you to believe, to worship him, etc when science itself points to the contrary? God could have full well started this all and evolution is just his unintelligent design but don't you think that is a step to far. It's like you're throwing all this into the universe to prove that you don't exist (at least not in the form that most modern societies depict him as) but you want people to still believe and worship you so they can get into heaven or whatever. That's sadistic and manipulative. It's like extortion in a way. You have free will and intelligence but do what I say or you'll burn in hell for eternity. Obviously I'm using the Christian religion as it's pretty big these days. haha. "

What exists is what exists.........

Arbitration is ignorance and folly..........

If there is gawd, then there is gawd.............

If there is a being with the attributes of infinite perfection, that would not match what is widely proported, thus those stories of gawd are false.........

Gawd is whatever you make it.........

Infinite beauty, mathemeatics, philosophy, music, physics, logic, nature, color, sensation, taste, poetry, aesthetics, etc occupy the realm of my true love.........

Pure science, knowledge, and understanding.........

That is gawd regardless.......

Just, very few people find it............

"
Point taken but why does it have to be God and simply not nirvana or some other abstract concept? I'm arguing that it's impossible at our current level to definitively know that God does or does not exist. That's all.
Avatar image for theindomitableman
theindomitableman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Wise Son said:
" So what is everyone's stance on Jesus? Not to get away from the OP but there are too many inconsistencies and similarities with other mythical figures to convince me that he was the one. See below.

No Caption Provided

@velle37: Then why the need for religion?
"
To debunk your debunking, the prophecy of the messiah was written in the Old Testament, long before Jesus's birth. So it's not a stretch to say other religions would copy it. Also Egyptians didn't use a Greek calendar (Horus - Dec. 25), and  Jesus wasn't born on Dec. 25th.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355  Edited By MKF30

I believe in both, but I believe God created everything including science. Science can explain a lot of things, but the supernatural it cannot.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#356  Edited By cyberninja
@Cypher's Gambit said:

" @cyberninja said:

" I believe that this is comicvine forum and not a religion or a science forum.  "

There is religion in Comics. Comics is a religion all it self actually. "
If comics is a religion are the "Senate Subcommittee on Juvenile Delinquency" equivalent to  Pastor Terry Jones?   ಠ_ಠ 

Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357  Edited By Wise Son
@theindomitableman: I'm  just pointing out that there are many similarities between these characters. I know Jesus was not born on Dec. 25th I just thought it was a clever picture and would save me time of going into detail. As far as I know the oldest material in the Hebrew Bible dates back to the 13th century A.D. That does not account for Horus, whom aside from the birth date Jesus shares many similarities with. The perhaps broader idea I was trying to convey is that with so many religion (some similar and some not so much) how can one be for certain that a particular religion is right? 
Darkseid Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#358  Edited By Darkseid Elite

Both. Just some stuff you can't explain. Don't know about others but I've prayed for certain stuff and it'd happen. Not really a big fan of science but it's essential.
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359  Edited By velle37
@Wise Son said:
" @velle37 said:
" @Wise Son said:
"@velle37: You wrote that science is God. Maybe you need to expound on that a bit more before we go further in. Regardless of the direction you're going in, what's the need for a religion in the context that he needs you to believe, to worship him, etc when science itself points to the contrary? God could have full well started this all and evolution is just his unintelligent design but don't you think that is a step to far. It's like you're throwing all this into the universe to prove that you don't exist (at least not in the form that most modern societies depict him as) but you want people to still believe and worship you so they can get into heaven or whatever. That's sadistic and manipulative. It's like extortion in a way. You have free will and intelligence but do what I say or you'll burn in hell for eternity. Obviously I'm using the Christian religion as it's pretty big these days. haha. "

What exists is what exists.........

Arbitration is ignorance and folly..........

If there is gawd, then there is gawd.............

If there is a being with the attributes of infinite perfection, that would not match what is widely proported, thus those stories of gawd are false.........

Gawd is whatever you make it.........

Infinite beauty, mathemeatics, philosophy, music, physics, logic, nature, color, sensation, taste, poetry, aesthetics, etc occupy the realm of my true love.........

Pure science, knowledge, and understanding.........

That is gawd regardless.......

Just, very few people find it............

"
Point taken but why does it have to be God and simply not nirvana or some other abstract concept? I'm arguing that it's impossible at our current level to definitively know that God does or does not exist. That's all. "

Gawd doesn't exist...

Gawd is a word.....

The emotional investment, connotations, and psychologically warping extremes of perception exist, because of ignorance and conditioning..........

But what emotions should be invested in, what connotations should be placed on a pedestal, and what should be perceptively pivotal is what I gave examples of............

goldenshot80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#360  Edited By goldenshot80
I believe in both.
Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#361  Edited By Manchine
@Acheron said:
" I believe in both.Although, I'm not going to go around asking God to get rid of my sore throat. I'll just take some cough medicine (if you get my drift). "
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362  Edited By isaac_clarke

Is it too much to ask for both?

cowboysoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363  Edited By cowboysoldier

Science studies what God has created.

drkhwk2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364  Edited By drkhwk2001

God gave us free thinking minds, therefore he gave us the ability to search for answers. Which is the foundation for science.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365  Edited By Primmaster64
@drkhwk2001 said:
" God gave us free thinking minds, therefore he gave us the ability to search for answers. Which is the foundation for science. "
Man speaks the thruth.
RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#366  Edited By RazzaTazz

I don't see these as really being related.  Science essentially tries to answer the question "What is happening?" or "What happened?"  Religion is trying to answer the question "What does it all mean?"  One set of answers doesnt have to effect the other but both sides of the argument like to attack the other even though the answers from either one are mostly unrelated.  Very religious people who attack the scientifically minded over things like evolution are just as bad as the scientists who attack religious people for having faith.  

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367  Edited By Primmaster64
@cowboysoldier said:
" Science studies what God has created. "
true...
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368  Edited By ssejllenrad
@drkhwk2001 said:
" God gave us free thinking minds, therefore he gave us the ability to search for answers. Which is the foundation for science. "
QFT
Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#369  Edited By Hawk

These things are not mutally exclusive.
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370  Edited By Primmaster64
@Hawk: cool avi dude :D
TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371  Edited By TheBatman586
@Hawk said:
"These things are not mutally exclusive. "

QFT.
realsilverjunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372  Edited By realsilverjunk

I believe in God, and educate myself with science. 

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373  Edited By spartan92
@cpt_linger:
thats what i think, he was just someone who like you said was pretty smart for his time and just fooled everyone because people were much more gullible back then.
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374  Edited By ssejllenrad
@spartan92 said:
" @cpt_linger: thats what i think, he was just someone who like you said was pretty smart for his time and just fooled everyone because people were much more gullible back then. "
Don't let Westboro hear you guys.. :p Hehehe!
ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375  Edited By ARMIV

I believe in both. I mean, science isn't supposed to be some kind of religion or anything, it's just going about and looking for the truth in things. No reason God and science can't coexist within the same fields of rationality, right?

Or am I wrong?

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376  Edited By spartan92
@ssejllenrad:

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#377  Edited By The_Martian

Neither and both at the same time depending on how you look at the question.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#378  Edited By Supreme Marvel

I'm a scienceman!

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379  Edited By velle37
@Hawk said:
"These things are not mutally exclusive. "

Ignorance of the OP........
Avatar image for greencrapweasel
greencrapweasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#380  Edited By greencrapweasel

i truly believe in both i believe god had made it so that science became existent now im aware that that has many flaws in my opinion but thats how i feel i was raised as a catholic and i understand that theres no denying science i love the ideas it brings so god intentially starting these scientifical things and ways just fits perfectly