#1 Edited by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you believe in the dreams that seem very unrealistic to others but very possible to you? These dreams that stay inside of you, but others doubt and disbelieve in?

I just had a dream on my mind, not the most unrealistic one I have ever had. It involves multiple ideas about a certain subject and the dream still very nice to think about. But I am a big loser and will be incapable of reaching this dream and any others that come to me. I just thought it would be interesting to hear from people.

Do you still hold on to those dreams?

Do you think that they will come true? Most importantly, do you believe that they can come true?

#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreams are just the subconscious working on matters we've been thinking about recently, or things that are very important to us. Oftentimes, I dream about a game or movie I played or watched recently, or about school.

Dreams are nothing magic or special, just brain activity.

You can make certain "dreams" come true in that you can achieve your longterm goals, if you work very hard towards them with discipline and intent, but if you dream about flying by flapping your arms, or turning into a dragon, or crossing into an alternate universe, you are dreaming the impossible.

The greater the dream, the harder the effort.

#4 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Life itself is a dream

Now, get me a pizza, or I'll erase you from my mind.

#5 Posted by PowerHerc (81623 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreams do exist. I've had several.

I believe in them.

#6 Posted by ARMIV2 (8282 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, believe in dreams like that...I thought who were gonna say something about the prophetic power of dreams...

I have had both...though the ones where my dreams are life goals are ones I'm still holding onto. The prophetic ones just screw with me.

#7 Edited by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

Stars are magnificent miracles. They are like our dreams and us, bound to die as it is only natural. I never knew that our dreams were a warm and powerful light in this cold, dark universe. Thank you for this realization.

#8 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

I dreamed that I was gonna have burrito and then when I woke up....IT WAS THERE! 

Please forward this post to 20 people or else you will also wake up with burritos.

#9 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

I dreamed that I was gonna have burrito and then when I woke up....IT WAS THERE! Please forward this post to 20 people or else you will also wake up with burritos.

omg how inspirational <3

#10 Edited by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

I am talking about unique goals that have appealed to you greatly.

Like the guys who created Valve. Big developers thought that those guys were fools. But through hard work and innovation, Half-Life crushed all doubts. Look at where Valve is today.

That is what I am talking about.

#11 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

I too dream of one day making a vastly overrated game. 

#12 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

That kind of Dream..

I dream that someday there will be another word for that kind of Dream.

#14 Posted by ImmortalT1000 (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes Dreams are real. Everybody has them Good and Bad.

#15 Posted by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Lunact_And_Manic said:

That kind of Dream..

I dream that someday there will be another word for that kind of Dream.

Me too, but progress is slow and Martin Luther King's speech didn't really help....

#16 Posted by Nefarious (18702 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.  

I dream bigger than I live.

#17 Posted by Goldenboy_Prime (172 posts) - - Show Bio

@INLIFE: I've got to say, this is probably the best thread I've seen on this site since I joined. So thank you for that.

Do you believe in the dreams that seem very unrealistic to others but very possible to you? These dreams that stay inside of you, but others doubt and disbelieve in?

Yes, I’m sure others doubt my dreams, or preferred term goals, but I have realistic expectations in my ability to accomplish them.

I just had a dream on my mind, not the most unrealistic one I have ever had. It involves multiple ideas about a certain subject and the dream still very nice to think about. But I am a big loser and will be incapable of reaching this dream and any others that come to me. I just thought it would be interesting to hear from people.

Do you still hold on to those dreams?

Of course and I plan to hold on to them until I accomplish them. I truly believe they're attainable so there is no reason for me to let them go.

Do you think that they will come true? Most importantly, do you believe that they can come true?

I’m on the fence in terms of whether or not I think they actually will come true. There are a lot of variables that have to be taken to account, variables that I’m not necessarily in control of. However I know that they can come true, since other people have already accomplished them.

For me, Michelangelo articulated the mindset best when he said:

The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.

#18 Posted by Pyrogram (35138 posts) - - Show Bio

You have to dream before your dreams can come true.

#19 Edited by thespideyguy (2645 posts) - - Show Bio

If you want success as much as you want to breathe, you will achieve it.

I dream of making a free online media host.

#20 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:

lol.
#21 Posted by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

@thespideyguy said:

If you want success as much as you want to breathe, you will achieve it.

I dream of making a free online media host.

Make It Happen!! Reach That Dream And Claim It!! I Believe In You.