• 74 results
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#51  Edited By joshmightbe

I lift my spirits on occasion does that count?

Inner_Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Inner_Demon

210 lbs. out of bed every morning! ;)

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@sync1 said:

@nU_Kovak said:

The better question is, do you?

@mikethekiller said:

Yeah I lift, come at me bro.

Fite me irl fgt.

bet u cant 360noscope me ffegit
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#54  Edited By joshmightbe

I have to lift roughly 30 lbs around 57 times a day and that's not counting when she demands piggy back rides

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ghostrider2

@MonsterStomp said:

When I was in year 7 I could lift my ex girlfriend up easy. Now I can only lift like near 40kgs. Goal is 60kgs.

I can lift 60 kg i tried like you on girls :) but never tried more and also i ''train'' at home with 10 kg each.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By MonsterStomp

@GhostRider2: I don't think I'll end up bicep curling more than 40kgs. My weight goal is 95kgs - 100kgs. I'm at my ideal weight for an average guy my height and age. So 74kgs. I want to be able to bench 100kgs at least, but that isn't happening until I'm probably 24 or 25, which is a while off.

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By satyrgod

@minigunman123 asked: "I have some questions for you then, as I am not interested in bodybuilding overly much, but very much interested in strength training (which I've been doing for a while). What is your opinion on the notion of lifting two times a week, for a couple hours only, to trigger the afterburn effect and allow your body to rest and produce HGH? Have you noticed more muscle or strength gains from training more times per week, or slightly less? As well, what's your diet, and if I'm going to go on a strict diet for MMA and strength/endurance training... Would I ever be able to cheat on my diet without serious repercussions?"

Remember that every body's metabolism is different, and each varies throughout the day encumbered with other factors (such as stress and idiosyncratic stress response). After burn (a temporary increase in metabolism results from, presumably, by a stress response) may last several hours to a couple of days. Healing the tissue damage (that results in hyperplasia and increased load) may take longer. It's best to figure out for yourself what works best for you as an individual, and when (under what conditions). The most recent research (to which I've been exposed) suggests that we should move 50% of our total load capacity (weight limit) more often (say, 10 sets of 10 reps., on a regular basis) for optimum results. Diet should almost always be high protein, with complex carbs. (vegetables). The exception would be a higher calorie fare for intense cardio workout (runners and swimmers obviously require additional calories, esp. while growing). Cheating on nutrition always carries repercussions, but necessarily noticeably. The most obvious would be craving simple carbs (sugar) when cheating on a low-carb diet. Hope I wasn't overtly pedantic on you; I've tried to restrict this response to layman's terms.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By moywar700

I do cardio 6 or 5 times a week.I don't use weights.I use a resistance band.I pretty use it to train my upper body.

Does anybody use a resistance band instead of weights?

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By Pyrogram

@moywar700: I have used bands before, they are good. But I find free weights a lot better. But bands are good for bodyweight exercises.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Pyrogram

@satyrgod: It is not always bad to have a "cheat" day, 1 cheat day a week or so will not do any harm in reality, its a myth. But 2 cheat days a week for a year will make gains or whatever your target is slower. But if you just want to get "big" and gain mass, Cheat days are fine... Basically the standard american diet. If you want to be lean, cheat days are bane.

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By satyrgod

@Pyrogram:

I hadn't intended to imply occasional cheating to be "bad". Many times being "bad" is good for the soul. I agree with the Greek axiom "all things in moderation". But the typical american diet is crap! Empty carbs, high sugar and sodium content, virtually devoid of essential micro-nutrients, laden with saturated and trans- fatty acids, preservatives, added hormones, artificial coloring and flavoring additives, environmental and metabolic toxins... need I continue?

@moywar700:

Bands are really not worth the effort, money or time. They are little better than isometric exercise and you will plateau quickly and under a relatively low load. Free weights are most efficacious the least amount of time; weight machines are safer than free weights but not as effective for gaining mass (hyperplasia).

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is a pic of me.. so to answer your question... yes

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By moywar700

@satyrgod said:

Bands are really not worth the effort, money or time. They are little better than isometric exercise and you will plateau quickly and under a relatively low load. Free weights are most efficacious the least amount of time; weight machines are safer than free weights but not as effective for gaining mass (hyperplasia).

I'm not looking to gain mass.I'm a long distance runner.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Pyrogram

@satyrgod said:

@Pyrogram:

I hadn't intended to imply occasional cheating to be "bad". Many times being "bad" is good for the soul. I agree with the Greek axiom "all things in moderation". But the typical american diet is crap! Empty carbs, high sugar and sodium content, virtually devoid of essential micro-nutrients, laden with saturated and trans- fatty acids, preservatives, added hormones, artificial coloring and flavoring additives, environmental and metabolic toxins... need I continue?

I agree, but you can gain mass with a traditional diet, even if it kills you lol

spawn_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By spawn_123

@VercingetorixTheGreat said:

That is a pic of me.. so to answer your question... yes

Yeah right

VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spawn_123: I have never shown a pic of myself... for all you know I could be this person.

spawn_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By spawn_123

@VercingetorixTheGreat: Yeah right

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By satyrgod

@moywar700 said: "I'm not looking to gain mass.I'm a long distance runner."

Firstly, I assume you're an adult male?

Secondly, are to saying that you want strength without an increase in mass? In women and children, this would be more realistic, but they also wouldn't be as strong. For your needs, I would prioritize injury avoidance; this includes stress injuries as well as repetitive motion. The same parameters apply: less weight, more often (within reason). Are you looking to burn fat stores or gain endurance, and for what end? Maintain function or enhance competitive performance?

VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spawn_123: Yea your right but I do lift.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4