Do nice guys finish last ?

• 69 results
kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well im feeling pretty lonely and As a nice guy I always used to get tired of hearing the saying "nice guys finish last" line all the time but the more I think about it the more I think it's true. Do you think this is true ? If so how can I change the trend

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

Women like jerks, not alphas, since a good leader is not a jerk.

Good people = Dead people.

In the world we live, we should only care for ourselves and the people we love in a non romantic way.

Romantic love is an illusion based on self deception.

And MGTOW suck too.

Everything sucks!!!

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've never thought it to be true.

Generally the people I hear say that are the ones that get all flustered because a girl didn't drop her panties for them just because they were being decent human beings. Takes more than kindness to win a girl over.

Avatar image for batmanwinsbecausewhynot
BatmanWinsBecauseWhyNot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe
deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What do you think makes you a nice guy?

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

In the world we live, we should only care for ourselves and the people we love in a non romantic way.

And MGTOW suck too.

Everything sucks!!!

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless you a tortoise

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Depends on what qualifies as nice (which can vary) and last at what? Getting chicks? In life in general?

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dextersinister

@thetruebarryallen said:

Generally the people I hear say that are the ones that get all flustered because a girl didn't drop her panties for them just because they were being decent human beings. Takes more than kindness to win a girl over.

Insert Morgan Freeman meme saying "he's right you know"

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the type of girl you want, mate. If you want a girl who's easy, has little morals and probably won't be good for a relationship, then be a jerk/bad boy/player or whatever. If you want a wholesome girl with a good head on her shoulders and has good values then be a gentlemen and be respectful.

That being said, it's important to be confident and take action. If you want to be with a girl then take the actions necessary to do so. Being a gentleman doesn't mean being passive and waiting for the heavens to open up and drop the perfect woman in your lap. You have to fight and show effort. Even good girls want to be wooed and pursued and made to feel like they're worth your time and effort.

TL;DR - You attract what you are not what you desire to be.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@nickras said:

What do you think makes you a nice guy?

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DBVSE7

Finishing last gets you in the friend zone.

So yes they do.. coming from a virgin (A person with no agenda to lead a girl, get something from her. Also a person who's always the one to go to or relationship advice.. and consistently gets the bs, "I wish I had a guy like you line." That girls just love using)

Sweetheart/Good Guy + Virgin = Automatic Loss.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the context. There are situations wherein being nice can you far, but conversely, there are situations where being the nice one will get you screwed over.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

And MGTOW suck too.

Everything sucks!!!

Really sounds like you have a hard time getting a GF....

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

And MGTOW suck too.

Everything sucks!!!

Really sounds like you have a hard time getting a GF....

No Caption Provided

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

No, nice guys only finish last if they slower than everyone else.

GBandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here dude. This should help.

Loading Video...

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gbandit: This girl has never been in the friend-zone of she thinks that's all it is LMAO. Everything else is spot of though.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7: And here I was thinking you were the greatest Mack the universe had ever seen

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: T-T everyone has an off season.

NothingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NothingClever

@kgb725: @gbandit IMHO do not ever take advice on how to be a man from a woman. This chick is telling you what she wants to see men do without regard for the actual men involved. She wants men to show feelings and kiss each other but at no point does she mention that this will help you score a date with her.

"Nice Guy" is basically a pejorative term now. The stereotype "nice guy" is a meek friendzone lurker who "nices" his way into obsolescence by being servile and meek in a failed attempt at demonstrating value to their intended. If you are this kind of "nice guy" you don't even finish, never mind last place.

I am a guy, who happens to be "nice" (mostly) and IMHO the best thing you can do for yourself is put yourself and your needs first. This will allow you to evaluate situations or potential friend/romantic relationships on their value as it applies to you. You can still be nice/polite/respectful to everyone you meet. Looking out for Number 1 (yourself) will keep you out of the friendzone because you want to date that woman not be her friend and if dating isn't an option you won't settle for less than you want and will move on because you aren't fulfilled in that relationship/role.

Learn to say "NO" nicely.This will help you with women, men, bosses, literally everyone in your life.

If you highly value yourself, your space, and your time others will too.

I say this all as someone who has dated an amazing woman well out of my league for the last 12 years. I have chosen a partner that I actively enjoy being around. Someone who is worthy of my time and effort and who improves my quality of life.

Be nice. But be in control of yourself.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice guys finish last? Behind losers and shy guys?... Please quit your bullie...

Pilasy:La Voix d'un homme

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

yep. u need to rough and hardcore...........more lifting and less computing

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Human life is a miserable, cruel existence.

You will always be alone, you will always be dissatisfied, your life is ultimately meaningless.

No Caption Provided

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@thetruebarryallen:

Yep. Pretty much.

Although there is a vein of truth that generally being a pushover is not as attractive to many females. However it's not really about being "nice", its about being assertive, confident, valuing yourself and your opunions and standing up for yourself while still respecting boundaries.

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

And MGTOW suck too.

Everything sucks!!!

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rouflex: Wouldn't losers and shy guys qualify as nice guys as well ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Nice guys do not finish last. The guys who claim to be "nice guys" and complain about not being able to get women aren't really nice guys. They're generally guys with low confidence levels, and they expect women to tickle their man bits if they are nice to them. That's not how it works. Women are attracted to confidence. Having this mentality does not exude confidence. It exudes insecurity and a sense of entitlement.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryagan said:

Nice guys do not finish last. The guys who claim to be "nice guys" and complain about not being able to get women aren't really nice guys. They're generally guys with low confidence levels, and they expect women to tickle their man bits if they are nice to them. That's not how it works. Women are attracted to confidence. Having this mentality does not exude confidence. It exudes insecurity and a sense of entitlement.

QFT

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gbandit: She dated Ray William Johnson. Her arguments are invalid

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#34 SC  Moderator

There was another user who made a very similar thread to this years ago, like, approximately 6 to 7 years ago, the user who created it is banned now, (by other moderators), so I do not mind speaking of them. Anyway, they created a similar thread, and I participated in a conversation with them, where they considered themselves a nice guy, but generalized woman as being shallow, hypocritical, weak willed, money hungry, beauty obsessed, so on, hence why they were having trouble in relationships. I was a bit skeptical of whether they were actually nice at the time… later on I actually discovered they use to scope out users they thought were female, image galleries, to track down images of them, where they would shamelessly flirt or compliment them, but in a way which came off quite… well off putting. To put in context they once tried flirting with a spambot that had a jailbait avatar. I wasn't a moderator when they got banned, but it was to do with anger issues, insults, that sort of thing. The sort of thing you usually don't associate with being a nice guy.

Now its entirely possible, that in real life, this former user really was a nice guy, or at heart he is a nice guy, but to a lot of other people, myself, many users at this site, and the female users whose images he was writing on, he did not come across as a nice guy at all. He often came across as creepy, crude, aggressive, hostile and a jerk.

So whats probably more important than being a nice guy, is being a self aware individual. Knowing how you come across to others. This applies just as much to woman as guys, I am not sure I agree with the idea that "woman like confidence" or "woman like jerks". Thats like saying guys like breasts, or guys like long hair, yeah, some might, even a lot, but a lot of guys like short hair too, and butts, and combinations of qualities. Over 7 billion people, its yeah.

So if your lonely forget about niceness being the sole factor. Niceness is a great quality, but its about context and how you define niceness and how others interpret your definition and the acts that follow. A lot of other things matter. A lot of other not nice people will also claim to be nice to get what they want. So you have to have other qualities that can actually demonstrate your niceness, or confidence, or ability, so on.

Avatar image for stardustcrusader
StardustCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By StardustCrusader

Stopped reading after "as a nice guy".

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find myself pleasantly proven wrong about Comic Vine mentality by some quality posts in here. Nothing to add to this discussion other than that.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Lunacyde  Moderator

@kgb725:

Shy, loser, and nice are not synonyms.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#39 Straight-Fire  Online

"And I'm here to make a killing

So say hello to the villain cause in this day that we living in

The nice guys finish last, I'm blowing up

Guess you could say I'm having a blast"

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@dbvse7 said:

Finishing last gets you in the friend zone.

So yes they do.. coming from a virgin (A person with no agenda to lead a girl, get something from her. Also a person who's always the one to go to or relationship advice.. and consistently gets the bs, "I wish I had a guy like you line." That girls just love using)

Sweetheart/Good Guy + Virgin = Automatic Loss.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@rouflex: Wouldn't losers and shy guys qualify as nice guys as well ?

Your logic is that shy guys and losers are all nice guys? What if the shy guy is a serial killer and the loser a racist redneck? Is that what you call nice?

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen said:

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look, just because you're nice to her, that doesn't mean she is obligated to have sex with you or even think of you in a romantic way. If that is the way you think, you are apparently not a nice guy. Usually when people are nice to other people, its a sign of friendship. If you like a girl, let her know and she will decide if she likes you or not. If she doesn't, respect her enough to move on.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing wrong with being nice. And I always finish first because I'm really fast in a race.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rouflex: Not all of them but they can qualify just because someone is a serial killer doesn't mean they won't be nice (sociopath) and losers can be nice guys as well (pushovers)

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Rouflex

@kgb725 said:

@rouflex: Not all of them but they can qualify just because someone is a serial killer doesn't mean they won't be nice (sociopath) and losers can be nice guys as well (pushovers)

So you admit there is a part that is? Which, in the end, proove that i was right. The Last Guy Finishing Last is a phrase made by peoples whoare either not serious or incapable in the sex section. It is néfaste, know why? Because peoples with low esteem belive it, which lead them to hate themselve for being who they are and they end up in a jail. The negativity and the naivety of this thread is sad, just like your situation. I might sound rude, but i'm being honest with you.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

There was another user who made a very similar thread to this years ago, like, approximately 6 to 7 years ago, the user who created it is banned now, (by other moderators), so I do not mind speaking of them. Anyway, they created a similar thread, and I participated in a conversation with them... breasts...butts...combinations of qualities....yeah.

...forget about niceness being the sole factor. Niceness is a great quality, but its about context and how you define niceness and how others interpret your definition and the acts that follow...So you have to have other qualities that can actually demonstrate your... so on.

You must be a old fart :P.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rouflex: Rude Ha?. What were you trying to say that I was admitting to I got confused ? If other users have said negative things in this thread that's on them not me. What am I being naive about ? I don't think you know my situation I was just feeling a little down at the time

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: I said your situation was made out of naivety and negativity, not that you were in general. I said that i might sound rude, not you. I said that you were pessimist on this, not that peoples on the thread were. I don't think your situation has no way out, i just said that you are wrong to think nice guys finish last.