• 66 results
#1 Posted by "Colossus" (4111 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL this is funny but have there ever been an instace where a mod/staff member got disowned and banned?
#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91120 posts) - - Show Bio

Ban him...he's asking for it 

:)

#3 Edited by Morning_Dew (3835 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL

I know they lose thier Modship, then they can be banned.

Why ban someone who can unban themselves lol.

#4 Posted by Precise (22883 posts) - - Show Bio

Mods are there to uphold the rules of the website. I don't see why they should be banned..

#5 Posted by Vance Astro (91120 posts) - - Show Bio

There are probably mods that have been banned before being mods....I don't think any of them will be banned as mods unless they ask to be banned.I've never noticed any behavior from any mod that deserved to be reviewed for a ban.

#6 Posted by "Colossus" (4111 posts) - - Show Bio

its just a question. im not asking them to ban me
#7 Posted by Morning_Dew (3835 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
I've never noticed any behavior from any mod that deserved to be reviewed for a ban. "
I have. I saw aztek watching me dresss Bann him!
#8 Posted by "Colossus" (4111 posts) - - Show Bio
@Precise said:
"Mods are there to uphold the rules of the website. I don't see why they should be banned.. "

i mean have there ever been a mod who decided to do what ever he wanted?
#9 Posted by Morning_Dew (3835 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone is NOT earning any Mod points

#10 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Solace said:
" @Vance Astro said:
I've never noticed any behavior from any mod that deserved to be reviewed for a ban. "
I have. I saw aztek watching me dresss Bann him! "

To be fair, Aztek watches every girl on the site dress, I think it's a principle. :P
#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91120 posts) - - Show Bio
@Solace said:
" @Vance Astro said:
I blame you.You wanted him to look...
#12 Posted by Morning_Dew (3835 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Solace said:
" @Vance Astro said:
I blame you.You wanted him to look... "
Maybe i did ;)
#13 Posted by .Constantine. (309 posts) - - Show Bio
@"Colossus" said:
" @Precise said:
"Mods are there to uphold the rules of the website. I don't see why they should be banned.. "
i mean have there ever been a mod who decided to do what ever he wanted? "
no, they're made a mod for a reason
#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91120 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Solace said:
" @Vance Astro said:

To be fair, Aztek watches every girl on the site dress, I think it's a principle. :P "
www.Aztekcanseeyou.com
#15 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually mods can be banned it happened on one of comicvines sister sites, A mod abused his powers and then lied about it. Of course staff checked this and the Mod was stripped of his "powers" then banned. 

#16 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Solace said:
" @Vance Astro said:

To be fair, Aztek watches every girl on the site dress, I think it's a principle. :P "
www.Aztekcanseeyou.com "
LOL. Thank God I'm not a girl. Aztek's clutches are everywhere.
#17 Posted by "Colossus" (4111 posts) - - Show Bio

what are mod points? and im not planning on becoming one
#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91120 posts) - - Show Bio
@.Constantine. said:
" @"Colossus" said:
" @Precise said:
i mean have there ever been a mod who decided to do what ever he wanted? "
no, they're made a mod for a reason "
I'm going with this answer.G-man made good choices for mods.
#19 Posted by lagoon_boy (10951 posts) - - Show Bio
it is not a principle, it is a hobby to watch girls dress lmao!
#20 Posted by Stormultt (5317 posts) - - Show Bio

some of you make me wonder what your mothers would say to you if she saw how you acted....how disguisting XD 

and lol at this thread
#21 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

o_O 

and here I thought I was pretty good at watching everyone discretely...  

Solace said:

" @Vance Astro said:
" @Solace said:
" @Vance Astro said:
Maybe i did ;) "

I'll take this as an invitation! you'll never need to ask yourself if I'm watching you from your closet again because I am always watching! 

but as a mod...I deny all accusations posted in this thread

#22 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow said:
"Actually mods can be banned it happened on one of comicvines sister sites, A mod abused his powers and then lied about it. Of course staff checked this and the Mod was stripped of his "powers" then banned.  "

but to be fair, at that point the site just needed mods when it started off so the staff picked pretty much the first people who joined (though they all had track records from other Whiskey Media sites) all of them but me have resigned since I believe and proper mods have taken their places 

and actually, me and Shatterstar were curious so it was tested and it seems we mods are capable of banning and then unbanning ourselves :D
#23 Edited by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio

thats a good question that i beleve aztek has answered

#24 Posted by inferiorego (21228 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @Final Arrow said:
"Actually mods can be banned it happened on one of comicvines sister sites, A mod abused his powers and then lied about it. Of course staff checked this and the Mod was stripped of his "powers" then banned.  "
but to be fair, at that point the site just needed mods when it started off so the staff picked pretty much the first people who joined (though they all had track records from other Whiskey Media sites) all of them but me have resigned since I believe and proper mods have taken their places  and actually, me and Shatterstar were curious so it was tested and it seems we mods are capable of banning and then unbanning ourselves :D "
I'm gonna ban you! :P
Staff
#25 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" @Final Arrow said:
but to be fair, at that point the site just needed mods when it started off so the staff picked pretty much the first people who joined (though they all had track records from other Whiskey Media sites) all of them but me have resigned since I believe and proper mods have taken their places  and actually, me and Shatterstar were curious so it was tested and it seems we mods are capable of banning and then unbanning ourselves :D "
I'm gonna ban you! :P "

:O 

I can't ban you :( 

(not for lack of trying) 

which brings up the question, can staff ban other staff? O_O
#26 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
"@inferiorego said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" @Final Arrow said:
:O  I can't ban you :(   (not for lack of trying) which brings up the question, can staff ban other staff? O_O "

that is the epic question
#27 Posted by Vance Astro (91120 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
"

o_O 

and here I thought I was pretty good at watching everyone discretely...  

Solace said:

" @Vance Astro said:
" @Solace said:
" @Vance Astro said:
Maybe i did ;) "

I'll take this as an invitation! you'll never need to ask yourself if I'm watching you from your closet again because I am always watching! 

but as a mod...I deny all accusations posted in this thread

"
LMFAO.
#28 Posted by inferiorego (21228 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @inferiorego said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" @Final Arrow said:
:O  I can't ban you :(   (not for lack of trying) which brings up the question, can staff ban other staff? O_O "
I'm sure the rest of the staff can ban me.
Staff
#29 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego: sounds like a theory that needs testing...though I can mark you for deletion ;P
#30 Posted by inferiorego (21228 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @inferiorego: sounds like a theory that needs testing...though I can mark you for deletion ;P "
I'll mark your face for deletion!
Staff
#31 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" @inferiorego: sounds like a theory that needs testing...though I can mark you for deletion ;P "
I'll mark your face for deletion! "

D= !!!!!!!!! 

(but in all honesty, I'm tempted to give myself a forum ban I need to stop messing around on CV, I've got to go do some less-fun non-volunteer work...)
#32 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio

:O
#33 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost said:

@inferiorego said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" @Final Arrow said:
"Actually mods can be banned it happened on one of comicvines sister sites, A mod abused his powers and then lied about it. Of course staff checked this and the Mod was stripped of his "powers" then banned. "
but to be fair, at that point the site just needed mods when it started off so the staff picked pretty much the first people who joined (though they all had track records from other Whiskey Media sites) all of them but me have resigned since I believe and proper mods have taken their places and actually, me and Shatterstar were curious so it was tested and it seems we mods are capable of banning and then unbanning ourselves :D "
:O I can't ban you :( (not for lack of trying) which brings up the question, can staff ban other staff? O_O

Awww Good question

#34 Posted by Lunacyde (17896 posts) - - Show Bio

If a mod is banned at 4 A.M. does it make a sound?

#35 Posted by Icarusflies (12465 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lunacyde said:

If a mod is banned at 4 A.M. does it make a sound?

Depends if Icarusflies is there with her 'Yay It's 4 A.M.' noisemakers or not. :P

#36 Posted by BlackLace (83 posts) - - Show Bio
@Stormultt said:
some of you make me wonder what your mothers would say to you if she saw how you acted....how disguisting XD  and lol at this thread
Amen sister
#37 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19919 posts) - - Show Bio

A better question would be "could a moderator ban themselves?"

#38 Posted by TERMINATOR1234 (312 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't not think a mod could banned the other. if one of the mods were missusing their moderator privilages i'm assuming a staff or someone above a mod would have to either take their mod privilage away or talk to the mod, but thats all i can think of.

#39 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

If a mod deserved to be banned, then they wouldn't be a mod in the first place.

#40 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATOR1234 said:

I don't not think a mod could banned the other. if one of the mods were missusing their moderator privilages i'm assuming a staff or someone above a mod would have to either take their mod privilage away or talk to the mod, but thats all i can think of.

Morpheus proved they can in the W.G.T.Y.M.R.N 2.0 Thread

#41 Posted by Billy Batson (57766 posts) - - Show Bio

Mods like morph_ and shatterstar ban other mods for fun.
BB

#42 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@Solace said:
" @Vance Astro said:

To be fair, Aztek watches every girl on the site dress, I think it's a principle. :P

Nice to see not much has changed in the 2 years since this was posted.

#43 Posted by The Poet (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

Notice only a few mods have commented on this piece? that is because I placed a forum ban on them :P

#44 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio

Morph is so abusive :(

#45 Posted by Billy Batson (57766 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

This could be screenshot material...
BB

#46 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol @ this thread!

#47 Posted by _Zombie_ (10312 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@Mercy_ said:

This could be screenshot material...
BB

*Presses FN+PRTSC, then opens up Paint*

#48 Posted by SyIar (405 posts) - - Show Bio

If I were a Mod, I would ban all the other mods and rule with an iron fist.

#49 Posted by WorldEater (225 posts) - - Show Bio

Duh. Of course Mods can get banned.

#50 Posted by TheAntiReVamp (389 posts) - - Show Bio

@SyIar said:

If I were a Mod, I would ban all the other mods and rule with an iron fist.

And the staff will de-thrown you.