• 158 results
#1 Posted by ZeroPlus (2281 posts) - - Show Bio

?

#2 Posted by longbowhunter (7044 posts) - - Show Bio

Half the users I talk to on this site are girls. So I'm gonna say yes.

#3 Posted by FearTheLiving (2876 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course, why wouldn't they?

#4 Edited by Deadpool_is_better_than_you (59 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah but not a lot of them are hot lmao

#5 Posted by FearTheLiving (2876 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2844 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna go with....yes.....they do

#8 Posted by ZeroPlus (2281 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by ZeroPlus (2281 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by ZeroPlus (2281 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Catsnlynne (1020 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a girl and I read them.

#13 Posted by Jake Fury (18389 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen women of all shapes and sizes that read comics. Same goes for the men that read them.

#14 Posted by ZeroPlus (2281 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by FearTheLiving (2876 posts) - - Show Bio

@zeroplus said:

@feartheliving: Because i haven't seen a girl in ComicVine !

That isn't what you asked. You asked if girls read comics which seems a little odd, unless you honestly believed out of the whole world we live in there isn't a single female out there that reads comics. Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they don't exist. Same here on Comic Vine they're here but I imagine most don't make it known (some do) because why does that even matter? I don't go onto other forums and shout out my gender, do you?

#16 Edited by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

@zeroplus: I would be flattered if you did.

#17 Edited by Rouflex (17231 posts) - - Show Bio

The answer is YES.

#18 Posted by Vitalius (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

Now almost there isnt an activity that both genders dont do it. And now reading comics isn´t a thing that nerds do.

#19 Posted by ZeroPlus (2281 posts) - - Show Bio

@feartheliving: I just asked because i thought girls are more peaceful, while we boys like action and fighting , and I was just curious to know if girls read comics !

#20 Posted by FearTheLiving (2876 posts) - - Show Bio

@zeroplus: Well, now you know. Try not stereotype people into categories instead of basing it on the individual, and you shouldn't have this problem in the future.

#21 Edited by Xwraith (17236 posts) - - Show Bio

A significant number of users of this site are girls.

#22 Posted by ZeroPlus (2281 posts) - - Show Bio

@feartheliving: Thanks for the advice, but being curious isn't a crime !

#23 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

I like action and swordfights and slugfests.

#24 Edited by FearTheLiving (2876 posts) - - Show Bio

@zeroplus: I never said it was, I simply answered your question and how you can resolve it. I'm not throwing any malice your way if that's what your thinking.

#25 Posted by russellmania77 (14967 posts) - - Show Bio

Raccoon girl does

#26 Posted by SC (12959 posts) - - Show Bio

@zeroplus said:

@feartheliving: Thanks for the advice, but being curious isn't a crime !

The other user isn't saying that curiosity is a crime, they are simply advocating for a bit of critical thinking. When people adopt the mentality that only some genders (nationalities as well) are interested in some things and they need to be shown examples to believe otherwise it creates problems and barriers for people that hinder all people.

Lots of different types of people read comics, people of different nationality, age, religion, orientation and definitely gender. Its a type of curiosity and question that can be answered by anyone by themselves because they just need to ask if they were female (or any other attribute they don't possess) would they still read comics? In most cases they probably would. There are so many different types of comics and stories and characters etc comics is for everyone. ^_^.

#27 Posted by ZeroPlus (2281 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Edited by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by russellmania77 (14967 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77: Ok, but only because I was seriously headed down there anyway.

#31 Posted by ZeroPlus (2281 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc: But there are some things girls don't like for example soccer, so i wanted to know if girls like reading comics !

#32 Edited by SC (12959 posts) - - Show Bio

@zeroplus said:

But there are some things girls don't like for example soccer, so i wanted to know if girls like reading comics !

Untrue. Many girls play and enjoy soccer as well. Some even read comics and play soccer at the same time. Cool huh?

#33 Edited by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes they do

#34 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5515 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77: You have never felt a woman have you? I mean, at all. Hug, Kiss, love tap. Because any man who uses this joke, probably won't get laid without paying for it.

#35 Posted by russellmania77 (14967 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Racob7 (5540 posts) - - Show Bio

HA!

Oh wait, OP is serious...

#37 Posted by ZeroPlus (2281 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc: Respect for girls !

#38 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5515 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by ZeroPlus (2281 posts) - - Show Bio

This is my 303 post ! Old School !

#40 Posted by laidblack (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course not, legend says that if A woman even touches a comic book she'll turn into a man.

#41 Edited by Catsnlynne (1020 posts) - - Show Bio

If a comic book has any romance in it, I won't even touch it. (Yes I am a girl)

#42 Edited by ZeroPlus (2281 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by ZeroPlus (2281 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by akbogert (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

@zeroplus said:

@sc: But there are some things girls don't like for example soccer, so i wanted to know if girls like reading comics !

I honestly cannot tell if you are trolling or just insanely dense.

Not least of which because the United States Women's National (soccer) Team is far more famous than any of our other teams.

But honestly, it's almost 2014. How is this a thread? It's either serious -- which reflects mindblowing myopia -- or a terrible and outdated "joke." Neither is good.

#45 Posted by SC (12959 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: Could just be a young user or a user from a part of the world where comics (and soccer) aren't that popular and so from their personal experience the idea of a female reading comics (or liking soccer) is foreign or possibly even a combination of age and personal experience.

I agree with your other sentiment though regarding general awareness.

#46 Posted by ZeroPlus (2281 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: "Ok Mr. Ignorant , Happy New Year 2014 and thanks for nothing "

#47 Edited by w0nd (3265 posts) - - Show Bio

@zeroplus said:

@akbogert: "Ok Mr. Ignorant , Happy New Year 2014 and thanks for nothing "

mr ignorant? how ironic

#48 Edited by Mercy_ (92684 posts) - - Show Bio

What even?

#49 Posted by akbogert (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc: I've always been under the impression that America cares least about soccer.

But yes, the point was more general awareness. It terrifies me that gender is still considered a potential determinant of interest in an entire medium by anyone.

Perhaps I got a bit jumpy but having been on this site almost a year it bothers me how this issue keeps popping up like some sort of hydra. So I apologize if I sound too intense -- I just tire of seeing this routinely. @zeroplus, I'd recommend two things in the future: as far as this site (or any site, really) goes, try searching to see if a topic has been covered before starting a new thread (because threads like this have been created numerous times). The other recommendation goes for life in general: before asking whether a personal trait (like sex, gender, race, age, orientation) affects someone's affinity for something, ask yourself "Is there a good reason why it should?" Believe me, I've asked my share of ignorant questions in the past, but many of them boil down to "was there any logic behind what you just asked, or did you simply not stop to think?"

In this case, the question would be "Is there a good reason why girls (collectively) would not read comics?" Now I'm not saying there are no answers to that that might lead one to still wonder -- for example, some answers might include "the industry tends to be insanely misogynistic, which would probably drive most women away" and "people act like a girl interested in anything "geeky" can't exist, so maybe there's some self-fulfilling prophecy at work."

But again, it's a twofold problem that made me jump. It's not just close-mindedness at work, but also the fact that it would have been very easy to answer the question yourself (and see that other people have already asked this ad nauseam) with a brief search. Also the fact that Comic Vine has a female reviewer, and that there are constant (every single week) interviews or news articles about the many women who write and draw comics. So I have difficulty imagining how a person could use this site long enough to have garnered hundreds of posts and still be able to ask that question -- which is why I presumed trolling, and that's what made me angry.

#50 Edited by Hel (487 posts) - - Show Bio

Its been years since I saw myself as a "girl" but I still read comics. Bloody, gory stuff and my favourite soccer team is GIF