• 68 results
Avatar image for tenebrous_guile
Tenebrous_Guile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

To an extent, DC wouldn't be where it is now without Stan. The man is one of the most crucial factors in taking the golden age concept of the superhero (who were notably, generally flatter than a paper mario character) and making it what it is now.

Plus, the guy is just an amazing man in person. Meeting him at a comikaze really shows you just how much he loves his work and how passionate he is about fiction.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IDK

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#53 SC  Moderator

I would imagine as many DC fans appreciate and are fond of Stan Lee as Marvel fans. It would be rare to find fans so narrow-minded to dislike a creator because they aren't directly associated with their favorite company. That and Stan Lee hasn't really had much hand in Marvel's business/creative moves for a long long time.

One other thing, not to start an entirely new discussion, there are other threads for that, but there are actually quite a lot of comic fans who aren't that big on Stan Lee. I can understand why as well, I personally adore Stan, he has a big personality, very outspoken and full of charisma and personality, but their have been many amazing and incredible creative forces in comics, with not as much charisma and sass. Many of them have had disagreements with Stan in the past, creative and business disagreements. Some of their contributions to the medium have been traditionally considered to have been undermined, overlooked or downplayed by Lee directly as well as indirectly, and his overwhelming popularity tends to neglect such past incidents/disputes. Basically the point here is that Stan isn't actually universally adored.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like Stan Lee appearing in nearly every damn Marvel film being pushed out, trying to put a stamp on everything like a dog peeing on a tree. But other than that, he's alright.

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is not a single,rational person who likes comics and dislikes Stan.

Everyone likes Stan Lee. Everyone.

Doesn't matter what comics you like or read, Stan is still the F'n man!

Excelsior 4 Life!!!

These

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

I don't like Stan Lee appearing in nearly every damn Marvel film being pushed out, trying to put a stamp on everything like a dog peeing on a tree. But other than that, he's alright.

If i had created Spider-Man,Iron Man,Hulk,the rest of the Avengers,the X-Men.........i would cameo the sh*t out of every movie i had the opportunity to do so.....

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Just because we're DC fans doesn't mean we have to hate Stan Lee and all things Marvel.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

If i had created Spider-Man,Iron Man,Hulk,the rest of the Avengers,the X-Men.........i would cameo the sh*t out of every movie i had the opportunity to do so.....

Yeah, because you're old and about to die soon.

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

'Course

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@monsterstomp said:

Doesn't matter.
Also "about to die soon" is really not the case.....if he feels like he can do stuff,he'll do them.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By MonsterStomp

@monsterstomp said:

@punyparker said:

@monsterstomp said:

Doesn't matter.

Also "about to die soon" is really not the case.....if he feels like he can do stuff,he'll do them.

Lol. I was joking... about that at least.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol. I was joking... about that at least.

Ah!
Okay.

But,anyways,since he's full of energy,let the man do what he wants.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I'm indifferent

This honestly. Almost all his popular work is ripped offinspired by DC and other golden age comics. I lost a lot of respect for him when I wound out that Spider-Man was a male copy of SpiderGirl webshooters and all.

MUFC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah i do.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I just automatically liked Stan Lee, when I first saw him. When that happens, it usually takes something in specific that I really don't like to change my opinion. After hearing some of his quotes, I haven't come across anything thing to really affect my feelings towards him; I liked him on "Who Wants to Be a Superhero", when it aired on the SyFy channel back around 2006. I had this same view of Bill Nye too, until I found out he was atheist and debated Ken Ham; I don't necessarily dislike Bill Nye, but my feelings about him have been drastically changed; it's a case where now I can only like him so much, if I can like him, at all; it would probably have been better for me, if I never became aware that Bill Nye and scientists are generally atheists.

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering his legacy and his contributions to the medium, he is at the very least respected by everyone, even Marvel haters.

Plus he's just so gosh darn likeable!

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never really thought about that but one of the first DC comics I've read was written by Stan Lee lol.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#68  Edited By MatthewParker

@saint_wildcard said:

I'm indifferent

This honestly. Almost all his popular work is ripped offinspired by DC and other golden age comics. I lost a lot of respect for him when I wound out that Spider-Man was a male copy of SpiderGirl webshooters and all.

Who is this spider-girl your talking about?

are you talking about this SpiderGirl frm the legion of superheroes?

No Caption Provided

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yeah, he's cool.