Do Brown people face more racism since 9/11?

• 133 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#52 frozen  Moderator

@jaken7: Yes, I should edit in *I agree*.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

Loading Video...

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even before 9/11, but after which, hell yeah.

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mostly middle easterners

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@rd189 said:

One day, ill have you guys up to Calgary, and I'll take you up to a place I like to call Rundle. Where, essentially, white people are not allowed, and a mosque is on every corner.

Whereabouts is that?

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Iraq Lobster

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm mexican-ish does that include me?

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

I'm brown and not even Muslim. YES.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yep.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Definitely.

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By CuddleBear

@jaken7 said:

Depends on the shade of brown. If we're specifically talking about people of Middle Eastern descent, then yes of course. Duh. Simon Baz's entire backstory focused on that. There are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world. That's nearly a quarter of the population. Obviously they're not all terrorists, so we really need to stop with the paranoid suspicion and discrimination.

Are these 1.6 billion people, you are claiming as Muslims, free to be a different religion if they wanted to. You think Americans are "more racist" against Muslims? I am sure according to Geoff John's and liberal media hacks they are, not any actual statistics to back it up though? Here is the thing, The NSA, CIA, FBI Homeland security the whole intelligent community targets muslims... something i don't remember anyone voting on BTW and something that also might not be the stupidiest thing in the world to do considering how likely a young muslim male is to be a terrorist compared to say a young lutheran male.

The only racism that Muslims face is the racism of low expectations and lower standards for them than other religious peoples.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cuddlebear: Wow. You're just stuck in your own little world, aren't you?

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

I know quite a few middle easterners, and I never heard/seen any kind of racism towards them or others around here..

But I guess it does exist in other places.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

Depends on the shade of brown. If we're specifically talking about people of Middle Eastern descent, then yes of course. Duh. Simon Baz's entire backstory focused on that. There are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world. That's nearly a quarter of the population. Obviously they're not all terrorists, so we really need to stop with the paranoid suspicion and discrimination.

Are these 1.6 billion people, you are claiming as Muslims, free to be a different religion if they wanted to. You think Americans are "more racist" against Muslims? I am sure according to Geoff John's and liberal media hacks they are, not any actual statistics to back it up though? Here is the thing, The NSA, CIA, FBI Homeland security the whole intelligent community targets muslims... something i don't remember anyone voting on BTW and something that also might not be the stupidiest thing in the world to do considering how likely a young muslim male is to be a terrorist compared to say a young lutheran male.

The only racism that Muslims face is the racism of low expectations and lower standards for them than other religious peoples.

No Caption Provided

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biteme_fanboy: I'm sure if you asked them they'd have plenty of stories. Just because it didn't happen when you were hanging out with them doesn't mean it doesn't happen period.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@frozen: what do you think is the threat after 911? Something relating to the attack maybe?

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By CuddleBear

@sophia89: of course i have... a single drop in the bucket of crazy religious fascists. so, yeah, you "guessed" wrong. also your retort proves my point about lower standards for muslims.

@jaken7 seems to me the person that can't defend their own thoughts is the one who is "stuck" in their own little world.

@wolverine08 keep those memes comin!

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:

@cuddlebear said:

@sophia89: of course i have... a single drop in the bucket of crazy religious fascists. so, yeah, you "guessed" wrong.

so because a single drop in the bucket are terrorists,then all of the Muslims are terrorists.

yet if a single drop in the bucket are terrorists,then not all of of the Christians are terrorists.

that is racism.

add all of the skin heads+neo Nazis+christian extremists+kkk clan members and there is more

judging an entire race or group based on the action of few is racism.

it would be the same as a Jew saying all Christians are pedophiles.

quote me where i claimed these things? the only person that has said "all muslims are terrorist" or "all christians are terrorist" is you sweet sophie and just FYI you can't be racist against a set of beliefs. beliefs are not a race. skin-heads, neo nazis, the kkk and extreme christians... lets play the "one of these things is not like the other" game with these 4. I will judge religions, not just on their fascist actions, but on the quiet consent of their followers.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Vaeternus

@fallschirmjager: good point, very true.

@edamame: also correct as someone who is mexican and spanish background, im not too dark but not powder either i can safely say i get the 'legal jokes' which is ironic cause recent stats show 84% coming over the boarder arent mexican but other background from south America and radical muslims.

Lol on the indian vs paki confusion ive seen that too, its probably as bad confusing chinese with koreans lol. This kid in school way back called this korean kid chinese, the guy said no with a dirty look then other guy said ah japanese lol, the kid got ecen more pissed lol. I was pals with both of them lol so i was kind of spectating with a smirk.

Avatar image for the_last_kryptonian
the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: Eh, I wouldn't say nothing too serious. I mean, police have been known to racial profile before. In fact, it's still happening today. You don't have to look hard at all to find it.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Without a doubt.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its was a part of the scenario.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cuddlebear: I don't need to defend the idea that a quarter of all humans aren't terrorists. That's a given. You're the one with the twisted viewpoint.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not sure. I only know two middle Eastern people and they don't face any more racism than the next non-white guy besides the occasional racist joke, which is a just a joke and something that every race gets. But in movies and shows they seem to get a lot of crap especially at airports and stuff. Not sure how much they do in real life, but in my experience, not a lot.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@cable_extreme said:

@frozen: what do you think is the threat after 911? Something relating to the attack maybe?

Terrorists or an entire religion?

It's not right to attack an entire religion, especially considering religions across the whole board (e.g. Christianity, Hinduism) have caused conflict.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 frozen  Moderator

@edamame said:

Not just Middle Easterners. Mexicans also face discrimination due to the illegal immigration issue and competition for jobs.

There are also ignorant and silly people who confuse Indians and Pakistanis for Arabs. lol That just cracks me up.

I've experienced that.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: the extremist terrorist.... You are looking for a fight aren't you.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 frozen  Moderator

@cable_extreme: Nope. I wanted clarification from your rather vague statements.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The "Brown" classification always makes me chuckle..

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Cable_Extreme
Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The "Brown" classification always makes me chuckle..

I know technically it's not even that most of the time, mostly a tan. I mean Italian and Spanish people can be really dark so technically they'd be "brown skin" too lol.

@edamame yeah it's all good man, people are ignorant *shrugs* lol and I came here legally a long time ago so I have no worries. Yeah, sadly I think racism in general will always exist, but in a way I think racism causes racism(if that makes sense, know what I mean)

lol totally, I pissed off this indian guy once in a store near me. lol. He got so mad, he provoked me(me being the customer technically so I wasn't really sorry I was having a bad day and not in the mood for his jokes this day) I was in the magazine section and I bought a video game magazine, car mag and xxx mag. So the guy starts laughing, looks at me and says "ah you like to play joystick game, joystick game hahahaha" i'm like I'm sorry? Video games yes. But then he points to the dirty mag lol so I'm like ahh hahaha, then I come back with hey didn't I see you in 7/11 last night when I bought my slushy? He's like what?! then I go hahahaha, then he's like "no, no I'm not hindu, I no work at 7/11 that not me" lmao. I'm like oh my fault I must have confused with you someone else selling me the slurpy lol. I don't normally do that but you know what they say "the customer is always right" lol I was just being wise like he was haha.

Yeah I hear ya, I had a friend that kid in school who was Korean he got really offended when that other kid called him Chinese. Like he got really annoyed I could tell.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't think so

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@cuddlebear: I don't need to defend the idea that a quarter of all humans aren't terrorists. That's a given. You're the one with the twisted viewpoint.

i hope you two kids find that straw-man you are arguing with one day... it ain't me. never said anything like that. still waiting on those quotes.

let me specifically address sweet sophie now... my responses to your responses are underlined.

@sophia89 said:

quote me where i claimed these things?

already did,if you can't see it,then quoting it again is useless.

Well, that is just a lie. You are a liar.

the only person that has said "all muslims are terrorist" or "all christians are terrorist" is you sweet sophie and just FYI you can't be racist against a set of beliefs.

good news to Hitler he wasn't a racist then.

but i guess you are right,ignorance is a more correct term.

The Jews are a race of people Muslims and Christians are not.

beliefs are not a race. skin-heads, neo nazis, the kkk and extreme christians... lets play the "one of these things is not like the other" game with these 4.

lets see skin heads use violent means to accomplish their goals,same as neo nazis,same as kkk,same as extreme Christians.

to me that is the same.

to me a terrorist is someone who uses fear to send his message. someone who kills innocent people to achieve his goals.

lets put all the abortion clinic bombings in one hand and all islamic fascists bombings in another and tell which one is harder to hold up

I will judge religions, not just on their fascist actions, but on the quiet consent of their followers.

just this part shows how much you are ignorant.

I would love to hear why you think this is "ignorant." PLEASE IF YOU DO ANYTHING DO THAT TELL ME WHAT IS SO "IGNORANT" ABOUT THAT.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@cuddlebear: Well then what are you saying? Honestly.

best response yet. you two should start an internet argument seminar

@sophia89 said:

@sophia89 said:

Well, that is just a lie. You are a liar.

like i said quoting it again is useless,but here maybe you will see it

i covered Muslims with black spoiler marks,read it again and pretend the black marks are something else.

Yes. I am aware that you quote responded me. But i have yet to see where i accuse all muslims of being terrorist or contend that christianity has no history of terrorism or whatever junk you are making up... again i say quote me where i say that

The Jews are a race of people Muslims and Christians are not.

you are thinking of Israelite,or Israel.

never heard of jew city.

and no jews are not a race,since you can be black and be a jew,you can be white and be a jew,and you can be middle eastern and be a jew.(you know same as muslims and christians)

Jews are a race they are also a religion unlike christian and muslim.

lets put all the abortion clinic bombings in one hand and all islamic fascists bombings in another and tell which one is harder to hold up

harder to plan,harder to pull,or harder to stomach?

be more clear.

No idea what this means. you should try being more clear.

I would love to hear why you think this is "ignorant." PLEASE IF YOU DO ANYTHING DO THAT TELL ME WHAT IS SO "IGNORANT" ABOUT THAT.

I am going to go line by line responding to this

well for starters who is quiet about these followers? Muslims and Catholics when it comes to priests and pedophillia that you will later mention

other muslims? Yes, *shock* MUSLIMS!!!

no,other muslims hate them. I am sure a few do I am sure many many more say nothing, or even justify or excuse it.

leaders of muslim countries? LOL wait for it everyone, this is where sophie starts defending middle east leaders... see now the muslims are on my side :)

nope,Egypt outlaws terrorism,same as Saudi Arabia(they both recently outlawed the terrorist group known as the muslim brotherhood) the word NAIVE comes to mind

also fyi the Catholic church kept quiet about all the priests that molested children,they even helped cover it up. Thanks for the info i would shout that from a mountain if i could

does that mean every adult male christian is a child molester? Evil prevails when good men do nothing

by your logic yes. Thats a jump but a jump i don't mind

your logic says nearly 2 billion people are terrorists because less than a million are. This is a jump i do mind. Because its the kind of person you are so desperate to argue with. because it keeps you in your nice little safe box where you don't have to do any thinking. I dispute the number of muslims you claim because some of the muslims you are counting live in countries where they essentially, or outright, have no choice in what religion they are. I don't think they are all terrorist and YOU STILL CAN'T QUOTE ME WHERE I SAY THAT... but again thats the kind of person you want to argue against.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@irishx said:

The world is growing more racist towards everyone continually. I stopped coming to CV for a few months because I had seen that it was apparently acceptable to post a picture of a white girl crying with a black guy in the backround laughing titled "white tears". I find that racist and not one bit funny. Personally I identify as white because that's how society views me but that's not what I am. Look to the song by NOFX called Don't Call me White. I'm a mutt made up of various backrounds which has made me one of a kind the way I see it. I'll be judged by what I've done and not how I was born.

I can also say as someone from New York we still carry a very heavy heart for what happened on 9/11. R.I.P

Rofl, wow people are still sobbing over that? Lol, good.

Also I hate you f*cking Mexicans. Noisy, dirty, disrespectful lot you are.

No Caption Provided

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I grow a beard I get a lot of terrorist comments. I'm not even middle eastern.

Don't grow a beard then! Resist the urge!......naw do what you want if people want to act like prick's then it seems like you are going to need to harvest some soul's.

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@cuddlebear: What an informative answer.

oh ok, go back to my first post then... tell me what words you don't understand.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cuddlebear: It's not the words I have trouble with, it's the point. What's the point? What are you trying to say?