Do believe that intelligent life exists somewhere else?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Poll Do believe that intelligent life exists somewhere else? (32 votes)

Yes 88%
No 13%
 • 
Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Yes, but I doubt they've ever visited Earth.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By deadcool_XD

yeah, it's in the mind of morgan freeman

No Caption Provided

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Saint_Sophie

Yes. Our universe is filled with millions of planets, and God knows how much galaxies and solar systems.

It seems highly unlikely that our planet is the only one filled with intelligent life.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in actuality I highly doubt there is what we call intelligent life, there may be life, just not nearly as intelligent as us. Think about it, there is no way there civilization is as advanced as ours and there is no way that their living conditions are as perfect as ours. Though we have managed to screw up our living conditions, but that is for another thread.

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I hope this flying mud ball inhabited by psychotic apes is not the only bio spacecraft with intelligent life.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Our universe is filled with millions of planets, and God knows how much galaxies and solar systems.

It seems highly unlikely that our planet is the only one filled with intelligent life.

With our best telescopes, according to estimates, there are 200 billion galaxies, if not more. Our Milky Way galaxy alone contains about 100 billion stars (some galaxies may have 100 times more mass than our galaxy, and may be significantly bigger, which would mean much more than 100 billion stars in some galaxies). Almost every star has at the very least a single planet orbiting it, if not more (with some exceptions). Given such numbers, some say that the universe contains roughly 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (one septillion) planets. So we can safely say that our universe has more than millions of planets.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Saint_Sophie

@mysticmedivh: Oh god. Didn't know that there was that much.

I was way off.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By TifaLockhart

I hope they have it somewhere.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Agnostic about it.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in actuality I highly doubt there is what we call intelligent life, there may be life, just not nearly as intelligent as us. Think about it, there is no way there civilization is as advanced as ours and there is no way that their living conditions are as perfect as ours. Though we have managed to screw up our living conditions, but that is for another thread.

Given the sheer amount of planets, yes, there are plenty that have excellent living conditions which would sustain life. In fact, with improving technology (better telescopes and other detection equipment) the discovery of potentially life-supporting planets is commonplace now. Given how new we are as a race and how we've existed for an infinitesimally small period of time (in comparison to the existence of the universe), chances are that intelligent life has also existed in the past and exists now as well. With new rovers and other technology we're also discovering that the basic building blocks of organic life (such as carbon) are much more common throughout the universe than we once thought.

JugJugBanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayden86 said:

I hope this flying mud ball inhabited by psychotic apes is not the only bio spacecraft with intelligent life.

Can't be. And thanks to MTV Springbreak as an example of life on this planet, it's likely the other life is far more intelligent.

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@jugjugbanks: We all know Earth is "that side of town ". Lol

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iggy azalea.

andr4132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes but i believe they're curious about outside their planet like us

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadcool_xd said:

Given the sheer amount of planets, yes, there are plenty that have excellent living conditions which would sustain life. In fact, with improving technology (better telescopes and other detection equipment) the discovery of potentially life-supporting planets is commonplace now. Given how new we are as a race and how we've existed for an infinitesimally small period of time (in comparison to the existence of the universe), chances are that intelligent life has also existed in the past and exists now as well. With new rovers and other technology we're also discovering that the basic building blocks of organic life (such as carbon) are much more common throughout the universe than we once thought.

O I believe there is life, they have already almost found it, I just don't believe that there are any life forms out there in comparison to us. When people say aliens have built ufo's I find that sheer profanity. How many animals are on our planet? Thousands. How many can build what we can, none. How many aliens have we found none. Basically when we find life out in space, chances are they will be as intelligent as any other animal. You see what I'm getting at? But for sure there is life out there.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayden86 said:

Correction, I hope this flying corporatist mud ball consumed with oil and other harmful chemicals inhabited by psychotic apes is not the only bio spacecraft whith half a brain, also deadpool.

It's me, for me not to say deadpool in a comment would be a crime against our mudball planet.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#18 BumpyBoo  Moderator

Sure.

Although having said that, there are days I can only just about believe it exists here...

pinecone1510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pinecone1510

Ah... humanity's hubris. Given the facts it's hard to deny that the possibility of not only life but life as intelligent or even superior to ours is entirely possible. Our own planet was previously filled with completely different life then today (Dinosaurs who weren't lizard but more in the bird category,Giant bugs the size of humans were all here before us).

It took multiple cataclysmic events over millions of years to shape the earth enough for us to survive let alone thrive. So to think we are that special or unique is misguided because in reality we are just tenants and the planet is our landlord.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course. Existence is a big place.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

I refuse to believe in the vastness of existence that a bunch of slightly evolved primates are the only intelligent life.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a937e573d769
deactivated-5a937e573d769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NO..... The earth is the center of the universe & it's flat & the sun revolves around it & to believe otherwise is heresy.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

NO..... The earth is the center of the universe & it's flat & the sun revolves around it & to believe otherwise is heresy.

How did you get an internet connection in the dark ages?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a937e573d769
deactivated-5a937e573d769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerforhire said:

How did you get an internet connection in the dark ages?

I built a time travel thingy out of crystals & rocks & stuff.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By nefarious

I'm not sure. Maybe?

They are somewhere far away...in a galaxy far far away.....

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I believe so. And I sure as hell hope so. Human beings are too damn stupid to be the smartest things in existence.

FoolsGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo said:

Sure.

Although having said that, there are days I can only just about believe it exists here...

lol

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Wait, are you saying that Star Wars isn't a documentary?

JugJugBanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would intelligent life from elsewhere visit us after seeing transmissions of Jersey Shore and Snooki?

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would intelligent life from elsewhere visit us after seeing transmissions of Jersey Shore and Snooki?

andr4132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We believe that intelligent life exist outside the earth but meanwhile in other planet

They're making meme and threads and wonder if there're intelligent life exist

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. The requirements for life are far too stringent.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure do, it seems rather unrealistic to assume that we are the only intelligent life in the entire universe.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#34 frozen  Moderator

Yes. To an extent, it is illogical to think otherwise.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yes, the universe is possibly infinite, saying we're the only beings living in it is just dumb. I doubt they've ever visited us though, they're probably far, far away from us.