Disney CFO: Star Wars will Follow Marvel Model

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TazzMission

hmmmm this can go either way . i guess my only question is how would the supposed yoda and young han solo spin off films fit into this? also the only reason why marvel has a formula is because of kevin feigie.

It's not only Fox that wants a piece of the Marvel pie: the new Star Wars movies will also play out inside a similar interlocking cinematic universe, according to Disney CFO Jay Rasulo.

"You can substitute the word Marvel for LucasFilm,” Rasulo said while.discussing Disney's plans for its LucasFilm properties at the UBS Global Media and Communications Conference, according to The Wrap.

Marvel's strategy, of course, is to weave the adventures of solo heroes throughout the same universe, with all narrative strands leading towards a mega-film (The Avengers/The Avengers 2.) The success of each film breeds the success of the next. As Rasulo calls it: "the Disney eco-system."

That Disney is following a similar blueprint with Star Wars is a no-brainer considering what we already know: a new Star Wars film - a mixture of the central trilogy and standalone stories - will be released each year starting with Star Wars: Episode VII in 2015.

And just in case your wallets weren't crying and the thought of all those cinema tickets already, Rasulo said that Star Wars will be similarly integrated into its toy division.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/...w-marvel-model

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By deaditegonzo

@tazzmission: This is pretty cool, imo, but I do hate that they are going to exploit weak, hardly existent characters like Boba Fett.

I also wonder how the Luke Fanboys feel about the EU likely being made non-canon.

OLD REPUBLIC MOVIE FOR THE WIN!

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: This is pretty cool, imo, but I do hate that they are going to exploit weak, hardly existent characters like Boba Fett.

I also wonder how the Luke Fanboys feel about the EU likely being made non-canon.

OLD REPUBLIC MOVIE FOR THE WIN!

id love a old republic movie because it would be fresh and new and if it ends up sucking hey at least none of the charachters from the ot would be affected

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: That, and it is the only era with ARMIES of Sith. Not one sith, not two, entire ARMIES. Screw the Rule of Two.

No Caption Provided

The Great Hyperspace War!

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: That, and it is the only era with ARMIES of Sith. Not one sith, not two, entire ARMIES. Screw the Rule of Two.

The Great Hyperspace War!

shit son you want a war give me the darth revan war the sith wars

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran: Boba Fett is literally the Wolverine of the books. His character is the worst thing ever, imo. The Mandalorians as a whole are stupid post Old Republic era.

IMO, Luke is hugely overrated. Movie Luke, who was unsure of himself, and just a daydreamer will always be my Luke.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I not to fond of the idea unless they use Darth Vader/Anakin for every single movie.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I not to fond of the idea unless they use Darth Vader/Anakin for every single movie.

you do realize anakin is dead right? if they did bring him back i wouldnt see it only because that would be tampering with how the original trilogy ended. they should find a way to introduce someone like a cad bane or darth krayte or maybe exar kun in some form?

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Black_Arrow

@immortal777 said:

you do realize anakin is dead right? if they did bring him back i wouldnt see it only because that would be tampering with how the original trilogy ended. they should find a way to introduce someone like a cad bane or darth krayte or maybe exar kun in some form?

They could revive him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Does this mean a Wedge Antilles movie could actually happen?

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission said:

@immortal777 said:

They could revive him.

no f*ck no. move the story forward introduce new charachters. if there is one thing i love it is star wars and i usually never say this but if they somehow manage to bring obiwan or vader back i refuse to see this movie let alone trilogy. movies and sequels are suppose to grow not rehash a charachter or charachters that was once already used

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow said:

@tazzmission said:

@immortal777 said:

They could revive him.

no f*ck no. move the story forward introduce new charachters. if there is one thing i love it is star wars and i usually never say this but if they somehow manage to bring obiwan or vader back i refuse to see this movie let alone trilogy. movies and sequels are suppose to grow not rehash a charachter or charachters that was once already used

I don't like a revival either but it is a possibility

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Emperorb777

@immortal777 said:

What really???? I did not know that well darn I guess they couldn't possible do movies that focus on what Vader did between episodes 3 and 4 like they do in the books and comics.

I just want more Vader because he's my favorite star wars character is that too much to ask? Yea I would like to see other characters but any fan of a certain character would want it to be all about them =).

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TazzMission

@black_arrow said:
@tazzmission said:

@black_arrow said:

@tazzmission said:

@immortal777 said:

They could revive him.

I don't like a revival either but it is a possibility

the only way vader can work if they do reuse him they should turn luke into him since he did see himself become him in the cave on degobah in esb. also note darth vader is a title . im not saying give him the armor or make him similar to anakin in regards to being burned. but have luke turn to the darkside don the vader name and use that as a form of symbolisim to his dad anakin.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

They should do a movie with these guys to see what happen after order 66.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@xwraith said:

You would like that wouldn't you? :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

@xwraith said:

You would like that wouldn't you? :P

I've had a Wedge avatar since July. Of course I would

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By deathstroke19

Meh

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deaditegonzo

@mitran: They are Mary Sues, in the fact they are pretty much unbeatable, and the writers always go on and on praising them. They ruin the Jedi a little bit, because now having the force isnt really that significant. Basically, they are all Wolverines. The gruff, bada** warriors who cant die or do anything wrong.

The only time they worked is was in the Old Republic, when they were far less silly, like Boba Fett saying force users werent a big deal to Jaina Solo, or the very fact she even went to stupid Mandalorians to learn how to beat a Sith to begin with. Ah, Sith are Jedi's specialty, go to Luke Skywalker, the only living person who even fought a Sith. And Karen Travis basically fangirled all over them and tried to make them like misunderstood warrior poets.

Originally, the best Bounty Hunter in the Galaxy, Mandalore Boba Fett himself, was killed accidentally, by a blind guy. Mando arent s***.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, so weak solo movies just to lead up to an money-making summer blockbuster?? I do not like, not at all.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hope this explode in Disney face and kills Star Wars.

I love Star Wars, but i think is time for Star Wars to quit, if Star Wars the biggest movie franchise of all times die, this will force the industry to do something new.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, so weak solo movies just to lead up to an money-making summer blockbuster?? I do not like, not at all.

well the solo movies are more spinoffs. it has been rumored that a young han solo movie is happening and a yoda orgins type movie also. imo instead of focusing on those why not do revan or darth bane?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: I'm not sure Star Wars can die, it's a pretty big thing.

The original trilogy sold more tickets that the prequels, not only that, but the Epidose 2 and 3, ticket sales are icrediblky smalle that the orignala trilogy.

So it can fail, everything can fail.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Wolfrazer

@deathpoolthet1000: They still did well at the box office regardless of how many tickets sold. Besides Star Wars is still going after the movies were made so......it's still around.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided