Discovering a new fascination...

kimi74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 3

Edited By kimi74

I love that feeling when you find a new character that just totally fascinates you. And I'm not talking a major player here. I'm talking those characters that sometimes have a major role or sometimes a supporting role. The hook always starts off small. You see a character on a regular book you read. You get curious. They turn up in another book you read. Ok. They seem cool. You see them on a comic cover of a book you don't normally read. You pick it up just to see if they are still interesting. Next thing you know you notice you're grabbing every cover you see that character on and you just have to realise that you're hooked.

I had this scenario play out with so many characters over the years. Donna Troy and Jade being two examples. Neither have had their own books (to my knowledge) and I really wish they did. Cassandra Sandsmark is another. And Shard from Marvel along with Jamie Madrox and Blink. I could go on but you get the picture.

Over the years this has cost me a bit in cash. But I hold no regrets! I love my favorites! But.. I do regret the odd disappointing storyline that screws up my vision of the character. But these things happen. I hold out that someone great will write my faves with the respect they deserve.

So at the moment I'm loving Peter David writing XFactor, I'm missing Donna Troy and Jade like crazy, I'm not totally on board with the new Cassie but I'm hopeful and Shard... Well, with Shard I see so much potential in a return. But I doubt it will happen.

There is something really cool when you find a character you love. The loyalty you have to that character is one of the coolest things about being a comic fan. That loyalty gets tested so much but it's stronger than you expect..

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Strider1992

Interesting post. I know the feeling you're referring to and it has also caused me to fork out more money than I intended to on quite a few occasions.