Ding Dong! The **** is Dead! (GoT Season 4 Ep. 2 Spoiler)

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By JakeN7

Ding Dong! The King is Dead!

"Purple Wedding." Heh. Clever.

So after 42 episodes, the Bastard King Joffrey BaratheonLannister Hill is finally killed.

It was honestly pretty brutal. I found much less enjoyment out of it then I thought I would (but I still enjoyed it quite a bit). Since I started watching this show, I had to know if Joffrey ever met his end, so about two years back I finally decided to ask my aunt (who's been reading the books since the '90s) and she told me about this scene. Suffices to say I've been waiting for it for awhile. Apparently, (not unlike Catelyn Stark's death) it's even more brutal in the book, as Joffrey is described as gouging bloody wounds out of his throat trying to breathe.

I will miss this little punk though. He was highly entertaining, and once you desensitized yourself to his abhorrent nature, he became rather endearing in a way. He was like a powerful evil constant (kind of like Galactus), so the show is going to feel a little emptier without him. I'm also sure Jack Gleason will be surely missed on set, sseeing as how he's apparently a wonderful human being and the nicest kid on earth. We've watched him grow in this show, and I'm sure the GoT cast and production staff consider him to be like family.

Thoughts?

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

*runs around*

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JakeN7

*runs around*

YYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!
YYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

YES!!!! FINALLY!!! I couldn't stand him at all

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitrageist: There was something about it that was just very unsettling and disturbing. Robb's was shocking. This was uncomfortable...

...I was still happy it happened though.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JakeN7

@mitrageist: Something about being killed from the inside out while you struggle helplessly to do anything about it makes my skin crawl. As I said, apparently in the book he tears at his own throat and creates bloody gouges and wounds trying to breathe. That sounds more like what you're talking about.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JakeN7

@mitrageist: I only know going forward which Lannister dies next, and who really assassinated Joffrey and why. The rest is a mystery to me as well! And yeah, I talked about Gleason in the OP. It's the only sad part of Joffrey's death.

-__________-

Go f*ck yourself Mitran (anyone reading this, chill...it's an inside joke. I don't need another temp ban).

Y'know it's strange, she actually hasn't said one way or another (original book readers are usually very quick to tell you the books are much better). I'll have to ask her.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JakeN7

Okay, Luna and Mitran can't be the only 2 viners who also watched it last night.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

Robb Stark sends his regards.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah, it was pretty cool.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@mitrageist: There was something about it that was just very unsettling and disturbing. Robb's was shocking. This was uncomfortable...

...I was still happy it happened though.

I know what you mean. Even though I was looking forward to this scene and Joffrey needed to die, his death scene was a little unsettling. With Robb, there was chaos everywhere, and everyone was involved in it. While it was shocking and sad to watch, the fact that it happened on such a grand scale made it less disturbing...in a way....its hard to explain. However, with Joffrey, its like besides his Mother and Uncle/Father...everybody just kind of watched him die. Not like they could do anything about it anyways, but he just died in front of everybody.....its a bit uncomfortable lol

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Loading Video...

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: Well actually ***** ******* a.k.a ************ and house ****** send their regards...but I would've giggled like a schoolgirl if for some reason Sansa stood up and said that while Joffrey was dying on the floor. ^_^

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Not spoiling anything from the books, but it was clear as hell it was the Tyrells behind it. I mean rewatch the episode a few times and you will see why.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: Well I won't say one way or the other whether the stars I used after "house" fits with T-Y-R-E-L-L or not. But yeah...you may or may not be an observant one. Who knows? >_>

Also the way it was carried out (by WHOMEVER) was very clever. Not only in the way of avoiding detection, but also in the way of implicating Tyrion and Sansa.

There's still one person behind it who you haven't guessed (right or not!). We haven't seen much (if any) of him/her this season.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: I didn't count the number of stars anyway -__-

If I say who it is do I get flamed for spoilers?

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Not spoiling anything from the books, but it was clear as hell it was the Tyrells behind it. I mean rewatch the episode a few times and you will see why.

The whole episode I was watching everything old granny tyrell did. I saw she removed the jewel or whatever from Sansa but when did she use it to poison joffrey?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: Counting isn't that difficult.

YES! GoT spoilers are punishable by death. Apparently you've read the books...good for you silly! Keep it to yourself. The only reason I know is because I was curious and asked my aunt. :P

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JakeN7

@buttersdaman000: Aaaaahhhhhh!!!! You're smart as sh*t! Good work! (unless you read the damn book as well, lol).

Probably off camera to answer your question.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Its not I wasn't paying attention ;)

C'mon are you guys going to die a little at this point over who killed Joffrey or not. Compared to what is coming up next, this is just peanuts.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JakeN7

@dragonborn_ct:

Be civil. We like to find it out for ourselves. Continue to use spoiler tags if you must. No one thinks you're special for having read the books and knowing what's up next, and they will only hate you for spoiling it.

That said, I only know as far up to ***** Lannister's death. Do you think they'll portray it accurately? Tyrion has gone through a lot of whitewashing, so I don't suspect they'll adapt it word for word. It really undermines his and ****'s character. Fans love them both.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@buttersdaman000: Aaaaahhhhhh!!!! You're smart as sh*t! Good work! (unless you read the damn book as well, lol).

Probably off camera to answer your question.

I read the book lol but it was a long time ago

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@jaken7: I haven't read the books, mate. I keep only to the TV show, I am just that spoiler hound ;)

I think they are going to do it, there is no reason why would have to take liberties and I want it down word for word.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JakeN7

@dragonborn_ct: So you read the wikis or something?

I dunno. I'll be very surprised if they do. Just the part with finding you know who in you know who's bed, and the subsequent strangling of you know who. I have no doubt that Tyrion will still do that thing to you know who while he's on the sh*tter.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct said:

The whole episode I was watching everything old granny tyrell did. I saw she removed the jewel or whatever from Sansa but when did she use it to poison joffrey?

Okay, I found a breakdown to answer your question.

http://kotaku.com/the-big-thing-you-mightve-missed-in-last-nights-game-of-1563058360

Looks like they changed up the jewelry for the show.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

:p

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone hates Joffrey so much, but most of my hate is reserved for Cersei. My goodness she needs to suffer. Death would be too quick. Maybe what was done to Theon 10,000 times over!!!!

Well, at least Joffrey's death means one name crossed off my to-die-a-horrible-death list:

Cersei (x10,000)

Joffrey

Ramsey

Tywin

Red Prophetess

Lord Bolton

Walder Frey

Lord Greyjoy

Jamie Lannister (redeemed)

Theon Greyjoy (suffered enough)

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacklegraph: You will be more than satisfied with the way one of those people on your list is killed in the very near, almost immediate future.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm happy, although the actor was great.

Also, this seems like a very serene way to death.