Poll: Digimon Vs Pokemon (73 votes)

Pokemon 51%
Digimon 49%

Which is better?

#51 Posted by Juiceboks (8611 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@juiceboks said:

Like many are saying..digimon edges out in the anime department. Mostly because of the artwork and legitimate storyline. The Pokemon anime (while entertaining up to the 4th season) was mostly the same thing over and over until the crew got to a gym or other major event.

The Pokemon games however have Digimon beat bad. That isn't to say that the Digimon games were bad (Digimon World 2 and 3 for Playstation are two of my favorite games of all time) but overall compared to the pokemon games they just don't match up. Game sales across the years attest to this.

i totally rocked World 3 and Rumble Arena

Oh hell yea man. No one could touch me when I played Blackwargreymon.

oh BlackWargreymon, one of the noblest sacrifices in cartoon history.

None of us will ever forget him Agumon..none of us.

#52 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@ avenging and stegman, i will respectfully disagree. Actually, pokemon came out first debuting in 1997 where as Digimon came out two years after pokemon in 1999 and the concept was really similar. Except digimon had card creatures instead of pokeballs creatures or monsters to do battle with, and the name wasnt that original i mean.

Pokemon...digimon? Too similar to me. Cartoons were debatable but games and characters pokemon by far.

#53 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (24175 posts) - - Show Bio

All this Digimon talk has me interested in the series again....That's it, I'm going to watch every season of the Digmon anime and read every chapter of the manga.

#54 Edited by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

@ avenging and stegman, i will respectfully disagree. Actually, pokemon came out first debuting in 1997 where as Digimon came out two years after pokemon in 1999 and the concept was really similar. Except digimon had card creatures instead of pokeballs creatures or monsters to do battle with, and the name wasnt that original i mean.

Pokemon...digimon? Too similar to me. Cartoons were debatable but games and characters pokemon by far.

Just because they both deal in Monsters, doesn't make Digimon a Rip-Off anymore that Monster Rancher, it was just the craze at the time. Moreover, the suffix 'Mon' is arguably the only true similarity the two franchise share. They both have vastly different purposes, mythologies, concepts and even themes. As a whole, Digimon is a series about evolution, the encompassing 'digital age', saving the world and friendship. Whereas Pokemon is more of a bildungsroman series centering on the concept of self betterment.

Anyway, question at hand. As is seemingly unanimous. Digimon is the superior Anime. Pokemon is untouchable games wise though.

However as a rule, Digimon as a whole franchise, I much prefer.

#55 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13012 posts) - - Show Bio

wrong again. Pokemon CAME TO AMERICA in 1997 but both properties debuted in Japan in 1996. Digimon was about creatures in a parallel universe born from earth's computer network who banded with a group of children stranded in their world to battle an unknown threat. Pokemon is basically animals being enslave to compete in competitions.

#56 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@backflip, its not the 'exact' same just similiar and I still feel the creators of digimon could have come up with a better name but its no secret they were trying to bank based off the success of pokemons success.

The storylines i never said were the same but there are other concepts no doubt similiar from name to basic concept of using little monsters to fight for you. What im saying. Tv shows while i prefer pokemon lost interest in both as far as characters and games no doubt pokemon takes it.

I think its safe to Say pikachu is more popular then any digimon out there, just saying.

@avenging xbolt, no sir you would be the one thats incorrect..re-read what I said please. And you just repeated what i said concerning the year both came out to tv, i already corrected you saying pokemon came out in 97 and digimon in 99. Pokemon was already out japan before digimon was even a thought in japan. The concept of pokemon was in 95, where as digimon was late 96 at best/ 97.

Pokemon the show was out i the usa in 97, then digimon in 99...so again do research please. Also, pokemon isnt about enslaved monsters in balls. The Pokemon have a deep emotional attachment to their owners most of the time so cleary youre misinformed.

You said that digimon came out the same time as pokemon. Wrong. Anyone who does logical research can see pokemon clearly came out first unless youd rather id post links. Pokemon came out two years before digimon. Fact. And again, do try reading what I said I never said the 'storylines' were identical I said the basic commercial concept.

#57 Posted by Xaa (313 posts) - - Show Bio
#58 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

Well as the song says, Digimon are the champions.

#59 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13012 posts) - - Show Bio

@backflip, its not the 'exact' same just similiar and I still feel the creators of digimon could have come up with a better name but its no secret they were trying to bank based off the success of pokemons success.

The storylines i never said were the same but there are other concepts no doubt similiar from name to basic concept of using little monsters to fight for you. What im saying. Tv shows while i prefer pokemon lost interest in both as far as characters and games no doubt pokemon takes it.

I think its safe to Say pikachu is more popular then any digimon out there, just saying.

@avenging xbolt, no sir you would be the one thats incorrect..re-read what I said please. And you just repeated what i said concerning the year both came out to tv,

i already corrected you saying pokemon came out in 97 and digimon in 99. Pokemon was already out japan before digimon was even a thought in japan. The concept of pokemon was in 95, where as digimon was late 96 at best/ 97.

You're right. i was misinformed and i apologize.

Pokemon the show was out i the usa in 97, then digimon in 99...so again do research please

. Also, pokemon isnt about enslaved monsters in balls. The Pokemon have a deep emotional attachment to their owners most of the time so cleary youre misinformed.

so did certain african slaves. it doesn't change the fact that more often than not in order to gain a pokemon and beat them into unconsciousness and then entrap them inside a tiny ball. hell even rape victims sometimes form relationships with their rapist when being held hostage. it doesn't really change anything.

You said that digimon came out the same time as pokemon. Wrong. Anyone who does logical research can see pokemon clearly came out first unless youd rather id post links. Pokemon came out two years before digimon.

yes. you just said that. 3 times. i get it and i apologize

Fact. And again, do try reading what I said I never said the 'storylines' were identical I said the basic commercial concept.

you simply said concept. Digimon save the world, Pokemon fight each other for sport. i consider these things to be part of the concept.

#60 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13012 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@juiceboks said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@juiceboks said:

Like many are saying..digimon edges out in the anime department. Mostly because of the artwork and legitimate storyline. The Pokemon anime (while entertaining up to the 4th season) was mostly the same thing over and over until the crew got to a gym or other major event.

The Pokemon games however have Digimon beat bad. That isn't to say that the Digimon games were bad (Digimon World 2 and 3 for Playstation are two of my favorite games of all time) but overall compared to the pokemon games they just don't match up. Game sales across the years attest to this.

i totally rocked World 3 and Rumble Arena

Oh hell yea man. No one could touch me when I played Blackwargreymon.

oh BlackWargreymon, one of the noblest sacrifices in cartoon history.

None of us will ever forget him Agumon..none of us.

i cried for real when this happened

#61 Posted by Ms. Omega (4450 posts) - - Show Bio

All I have to say is atleast digimon can freakin talk none of that saying their names over and over again every time they open their mouth. That's one thing that grated on my nerves in Pokemon that and they really never did in the show except fight team rocket for the freakin millionth time.

#62 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

avenging_x_bolt: its fine. K, you went way off in leftfield there with and lost me on the 'rape' and slaves analogy???

Ive never heard of anything concerning rape victims getting close to their attackers much less see how that is like pokemon but moving on lol. And the slave analogy im not even going to touch.

so anyway lol Throughout the series most pokemon have a bond or connection to their owners, only the dirtbag like characters mistreated their pokemon. Where as majority and those like ash, misty, brock etc share a bond and respect with their pokemon. If theyre losing, they wont let their pokemon typically take a beating.

The concept ordeal, I simply was referring to the similar name, similar style and presentation having little monsters via a pokeball or card come out and fight. Of course, the plot itself is entirely different i agree. My main point is that while i agree both have different plots, digimon was no doubt inspired a lot by pokemon

#63 Edited by Immortal777 (7383 posts) - - Show Bio

Digimon was the better show no doubt Pokemon has been the same crap over and over again even as a child I couldn't figure out why Team rocket didn't just shoot Ash. Pokemon does have the better games. I actually liked Digimon season 1 or whatever the first group of kids was. Biggest death for me was Impmon/Beelzemon the show was crap Digi tamer or whatever but Impmon went out like a boss even though Digimon don't really die. The most useless to me where the Angel Digimon you'd think they where the most powerful well they weren't.

#64 Posted by Billy Batson (57976 posts) - - Show Bio

Chinpokomon.

BB

#65 Posted by Shanana (53023 posts) - - Show Bio

@ziccarra_liafador said:

You don't think Ash could make Pikachu solo Metal War Greymon? lmfao.

there is not metal wargreymon. and pikachu would be horribly killed. they'd have to ban the episode

MetalWargreymon, Metalgreymon same thing.

#66 Posted by Shanana (53023 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the first 3 seasons of Digimon, but it's the reason we had a really crappy power rangers season that year lol.

#67 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@ms__omega: hehe actually, meowth talked the one pokemon that could plus, where as digimon were digital monsters, the pokemon were more like pets with powers ;-)

#68 Posted by Hypnosis (340 posts) - - Show Bio

I only liked the first two generations of Pokemon. But I prefer Digimon especially the 3rd and 4th season.

#69 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though they are ruining Pokemon which will soon be its doom, I vote Pokemon.

#70 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

#71 Posted by wildvine (9127 posts) - - Show Bio

Show, Digimon.

Video games/Trading crads, Pokemon

#72 Posted by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though they are ruining Pokemon which will soon be its doom, I vote Pokemon.

In what area, the video games or the anime?

#73 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33096 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a hard fought poll

#74 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio
#75 Posted by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio
#76 Posted by Skyfire (726 posts) - - Show Bio

Digimon was always cooler.

#77 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog: Maybe not the quality. But the heart the first games had, I miss very much in the latter installments.

#78 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (13012 posts) - - Show Bio

avenging_x_bolt: its fine. K, you went way off in leftfield there with and lost me on the 'rape' and slaves analogy???

Ive never heard of anything concerning rape victims getting close to their attackers much less see how that is like pokemon but moving on lol. And the slave analogy im not even going to touch.

its called stockholm syndrome

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

but i'll take a leaf outta your book and let it go.

so anyway lol Throughout the series most pokemon have a bond or connection to their owners, only the dirtbag like characters mistreated their pokemon. Where as majority and those like ash, misty, brock etc share a bond and respect with their pokemon. If theyre losing, they wont let their pokemon typically take a beating.

The concept ordeal, I simply was referring to the similar name, similar style and presentation having little monsters via a pokeball or card come out and fight. Of course, the plot itself is entirely different i agree. My main point is that while i agree both have different plots, digimon was no doubt inspired a lot by pokemon

fair enough. i do like pokemon and digimon, i just have a bad habit of arguing lol.

#79 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

I see, heard of stockholme but been a while lol

All good i must admit this is arguably the closest poll since the sub zero vs scorpion poll lol

I

#80 Posted by Rouflex (17566 posts) - - Show Bio

How in the hell? I thought Pokemon would own Digimon (I voted Digimon). So far its like what Digimon 51% - 49% Pokemon.

#81 Posted by UNDERDOGZ (1053 posts) - - Show Bio

Would've voted but as of now, theres 69 votes... i dont wanna be the one to ruin balance

#82 Edited by Mekboy (1149 posts) - - Show Bio

Digimon for me.